34 replies to this topic

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Amazing idea! (Not MyShop Box)

I think Trickster online should have PvP like in Runescape? :o The PvP of trickster is almost always empty (no one rly loves it) and it has no point to PvP - you won't earn anything. So imo Trickster should have Runescape like PvP! (Runescape's pvp has lots of players + everyone loves it) and it may be rewarding. So if you have never plaid Runescape nor private servers there's how it works. Video of it (https://www.youtube....h?v=UVib-40CMYc)

1. You go to PvP area where is safezone and pkzone (you can easily run from PvPzone to safezone and viceversa. Ofc when the distance raises you can't get away so easily but you may also get kills easier.) (I think you maybe should do something for sprint items when entering PvPzone :S Those would be too op I guess?) (Idk if teleporting should or shouldn't be allowed in PvP (you decide))

2. On the PvPzone the level difference that you are allowed to fight against raises when you go deeper into the PvPzone. So level 400 player won't be allowed to 1h/KO low lever players.. I don't know what the rate of (leveldifference/steps) should be.. Maybe you could test something xD

3. Then you start fighting. You fight just like in PvP atm. Don't need to change anything of it. (Not sure if the hits in PvP should be divided by 10 for real, 200K dmg with one hit might be a bit too op xD but I think players might be ok with 20k, eh?)

4. When you kill a player you get items they were wearing! or if you die you will lose your worn items! So you get a reward when you kill someone. It's a risk, pretty much like gambling but this is not just about the luck, it's also about your skills.

Other things!

1. It's 1v1 battling! (If possible not even healing/buffing by other players allowed during fight!)

2. Some stuffs wouldn't be allowed: speed accessories, revive items, teleports?, others?, trading/card batling etc. during fight or in PvP zone

3. I also think that PvP should also propably have "skull" system like in runescape - meaning: (if you don't have "skull" you will keep 3 eq of your choice. If you have "skull" you won't keep any items. You get "skull" by attacking someone. If you attack player that attacks you first you won't get "skull" but he/she will get. By leaving the PvP map you will get rid of your "skull"). (the "skull" may be anything you want xD)

About the vid:

The number below skull tells the max. level difference in Runescape - raises as you go deeper

In runescape they lose also things in their inventory - wouldn't work in Trickster

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts
  • IGN:*sigh*

To do this would require a lot of recoding and I don't think the coders want to have to deal with all that work for something that may not even be remotely possible.

Posted Image

♥ My heart belongs to Kyoudai ♥

SteelFlex

SteelFlex

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationWildcat
  • IGN:Wildcat
  • Class:Wildcat
  • Level:Wildcat

i myself would be less inclined to pvp if it was like runescape

• Harold likes this

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

i myself would be less inclined to pvp if it was like runescape

I agree. I don't really PvP much in the first place, but Runescape's PvP system is extremely shitty.

Posted Image

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

O.O For real? How can you say like that? :o The PvP is the reason to play runescape(it's the reason of thousands of runescape private servers and rs07)! Even if the game in other ways is bad (just my opinion).. (Propably the reason why runescape have survived so long (14 years) as a most played browser game is the PvP :D) the PvP of Trickster online doesen't reward you anyway and there's always like 1-3 palyers max in PvP. But yes, it would require lots of effort to do something that big, but imo it would improve the game a lot. And could you please argue your opinions? ^ ^

Kaijiro

Kaijiro

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • IGN:Kaijiro
  • Class:Mercenary
  • Level:185

When you realize how much actual money that people put into their characters, no one would want to lose the items they're wearing. It would make EVERYONE, not want to pvp then. Trust me, leave the pvp as is. People will PVP if they want. GvG is the big thing. Also, you can't really alter pvp. It's this way in ALL versions of trickster so there wouldn't be sufficient enough resources to alter it unless the GMs  had a full staff of coders and programmers working around the clock. You die a lot in trickster, I doubt people want to spend millions on all of their gear just to lose it. 

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 5120 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief Master

Questions: Why would you want to make your game become the same or similar to someone else's game? Is Trickster a game meant to be played like Runescape? If you are the same, or similar, to others, what would make you special compared to them that would induce players to play you, and not play those others? Do Trickster players in general have the same playing preferences as Runescape players? 

• Cyberfuse and Kaijiro like this

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

Runescape's PvP is trash. If you think it's good, damn are you blind.

• Proxy likes this

Posted Image

Cyberfuse

Cyberfuse

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • IGN:Alrighty

Perhaps items in runescape are easier to find?
Perhaps the skills in there are totally Different than they in are here?
Perhaps they don't have the compound/refine/tempering features as we do in here?

Perhaps the Economy there is different?

But in Trickster, this would just shut down PvP for good...*Walks in to PvP with 400K MyShop worth of EQ* ~> *Instakilled by a bunny* ~> *Rage quits*

See Trickster is the kind of game that is more PvE/Storyline based...PvP always was and is just a side feature for players who want to find out who has better equipment or knows how to button mash better...so I'm afraid this is really a far fetched possibility :/

Posted Image

Hayley Williams

Hayley Williams

Selfie Queen 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • IGN:HayleyWilliams
  • Class:Primadonna

I failed the runescape tutorial. that's how much i enjoy that game. I play trickster because it's trickster, not because it's like any other game.

• Kandel and Proxy like this

Posted Image

I've walked for miles and I haven't even got that far
Told you my secrets and I
promise you won't leave this scarred
Now I've got nothing but an
empty heart

Michelle

Proxy

Proxy

Black Swamp Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationRiviera
  • IGN:N/A
  • Class:Norm MacDonald
...I guess it's too late for a flame shield image now. :(

On-topic: No.
Posted Image

LegendHearts

LegendHearts

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • IGN:Corn

Runescapes pvp is only fun if you go to a Safe* pvp based Mini game. Such as Castle wars or Soul Wars. But the new combat style ended up killing the game for me, since it made Ranged almost useless.

*Safe as in you don't lose anything on death.

http://runescape.wik...iki/Castle_Wars    <-- Randomized teams of two, basically capture the flag. 
http://runescape.wik.../wiki/Soul_Wars  <---- Randomized teams of two, basically a large war.

Yes, and its also easier to fund.

Edit:

It seems EoC (The new combat system.) Killed Soul wars and some other mini-games for everyone, not just me...

Here's a video of pre-EoC Soul Wars on a really low population world.  
On high population worlds there's always around 70 ~ 120 people playing it at once.
*The game play is at 5:20 and after.

A video about new EoC Castle wars while talking about old Castle wars, talking about the cons and pros of the new and old one.

(Eat them Bandages. Nom nom nom.)

legendhearts_zpsdb66c12c.png
No matter how dark it becomes, the sun always returns.

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Runescapes pvp is only fun if you go to a Safe* pvp based Mini game. Such as Castle wars or Soul Wars. But the new combat style ended up killing the game for me, since it made Ranged almost useless.

*Safe as in you don't lose anything on death.

http://runescape.wik...iki/Castle_Wars    <-- Randomized teams of two, basically capture the flag. 
http://runescape.wik.../wiki/Soul_Wars  <---- Randomized teams of two, basically a large war.

Yes, and its also easier to fund.

Edit:

It seems EoC (The new combat system.) Killed Soul wars and some other mini-games for everyone, not just me...

Here's a video of pre-EoC Soul Wars on a really low population world.  
On high population worlds there's always around 70 ~ 120 people playing it at once.
*The game play is at 5:20 and after.

A video about new EoC Castle wars while talking about old Castle wars, talking about the cons and pros of the new and old one.

(Eat them Bandages. Nom nom nom.)

Yes, those are also popular - Pretty much like GvG in Trickster? ;) And there are none famous castle wars or soulwars players there but many popular Pkers just because the game is pretty much the PvP (SparcMac, Maikel Pro, Yankin Deez, and lots of others..)<.< And about the stuff.. you don't have to pick your best gears into PvP, that's not propably the point? And http://board.playtri...-anyone-do-pvp/ <- tells everything about Trickster's current PvP.. + if you go into wild with full geared boss set for example (Armadyl set + gs) or spirit shields and stuff I think it's pretty similiar to Trickster stuff (Ofc there are lots of pkers with some unvaluable stuff but same would be awailable in trickster too, eh?) to get full god set + sword takes really long time. Imo it's even easier to make money in trickster than in runescape. You can just autodrill and be a millionare.. ':)

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Perhaps the skills in there are totally Different than they in are here?
Perhaps they don't have the compound/refine/tempering features as we do in here?

Perhaps the Economy there is different?

But in Trickster, this would just shut down PvP for good...*Walks in to PvP with 400K MyShop worth of EQ* ~> *Instakilled by a bunny* ~> *Rage quits*

See Trickster is the kind of game that is more PvE/Storyline based...PvP always was and is just a side feature for players who want to find out who has better equipment or knows how to button mash better...so I'm afraid this is really a far fetched possibility :/

-I answered to first question above ^ :D

-Skills are totally different, yes.. but I think that rpg is always rpg.. I don't think it would really change the fighting itself just the things around it..(+ maybe the damages) xD

-They don't have those features but you don't need to risk so much if you don't want to? + if there's the "skull" system you may not even lose your tempered/comped items on death?

-Economy is different? Ofc it is, but money is always money.. the answer to first question is also on this one I guess?

-And who would walk in PvP with 400K MS worth equipment?! No1 is that stupid? O.O and if you got op gear maybe you won't lose the fight? as you say at the end of your comment? and it's not that much about buttonsmash we got cast times etc. it's pretty much about the gear I guess? and PvP doesen't seem to be even sidefeature it seems to be an empty, ruined battlefield.. :(

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Questions: Why would you want to make your game become the same or similar to someone else's game? Is Trickster a game meant to be played like Runescape? If you are the same, or similar, to others, what would make you special compared to them that would induce players to play you, and not play those others? Do Trickster players in general have the same playing preferences as Runescape players? 

If the game has great features, why not copying them? What's the big deal on that? o.o

I didn't mean the whole game being changed, just the PvP? o.o

What makes Trickster different from others is that it's trickster with Trickster's greatest features? Classes, tempering, compounding, fusing, Lots of equipment, Lots of events, Making powerful Equipment, power leveling, Now even Auction House (which I love - Grand Exchangge from Runescape xDD), and everything..

Maybe everyone wouldn't like the new PvP system but seems like no1 likes the current system either? :S And I think it might even get more new players into trickster?

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

The reason you don't copy another game's features is, oh I dunno, because it's kinda illegal?

Posted Image

LegendHearts

LegendHearts

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

You can just autodrill and be a millionare.. ':)

Billionaire* 

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

Maybe everyone wouldn't like the new PvP system but seems like no1 likes the current system either? :S And I think it might even get more new players into trickster?

If you're only playing Trickster to PvP, really you need to find a different game.

And Trickster's PvP isn't popular because people have other things to do to preoccupy their time, unlike with Runescape where you either infinitely rinse-and-repeat a new character from base to cap or try to bully low-levels for their stuff.

Posted Image

LegendHearts

LegendHearts

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Other then copying Runescape, Trickster can make its own mini game. A Harkon capture pvp, destroy the other teams Harkon while protecting your own. 
Stats can be nerfed to be based on your level, stat level, your class then add 10 ~ 20% of your equip stats to that, so equips still count a bit.

Throw in some strong monsters in the mix for more fun, like somes that can banish people back to their starting camp, ones that heal everyone around them when killed, ones that walk around with MR and Dark Barrier, etc.

Have it be a large map, so many people can play it at once 5 v 5, 10 v 10, 20 v 20. Also have teams be randomized so people don't cheat.

Edit:

Have ways to repair the Harkon by walking to a far spot, grab an item to repair and bring it back to it, so low levels can play too. Have sprints and wings move boosts nulled. 

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

The reason you don't copy another game's features is, oh I dunno, because it's kinda illegal?

Nope, it's not illegal until you don't copy the code from word to word :) And it's not the same, just same kind ^ ^ and I'm not playing Trickster for PvP unless it will get a huge update.. :D Ofc other stuffs are also fun but what do I do when I've everything I need? That's the part when I'll quit unless I get something new to do :3 rs pvp would definately fit for that :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pvp, update, runescape, equipment, boring, useless, new, risk, amazing