6 replies to this topic

Zsombi55

Zsombi55

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Recently had a clean win10 reinstall.
Downloaded the latest package, unpacked it, set the folder as an exception to the antivirus (free avast), set the "Splash.exe" to always run as administrator.

So I start the app, let the updater run and once it says it's finished, I press the game starter button.. and this window closes.. that's it.

What can be done?

Fishae

Fishae

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

go to the game folder, there's a trickster.bin, rename that to .exe, and launch using that.

just remember to change it back to .bin before any updates, or it will try to download the .bin

Zsombi55

Zsombi55

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thank you, I will try that.

Is there no work around that, such as making a script file or something .. that would act as an in-between to automatically run, do that then close.. when the user presses the start game button?

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 5155 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief Master

Make sure your resolution is 1024x768 or lower. This is an old game. It can't launch at higher resolution. 

Zsombi55

Zsombi55

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
The game resolution in the splash options is set as such plus to be in window.. all according to the guide. (Even placed the folder in the defense exception list before downloading the package.)

If I change the bin to exe, upon start (from the splash) it throws the gibberish warning box. Okaying that closes it and the splash.. and nothing else happens.

I wven tried stopping defenses for the duration of the whole "from reinstallation to starting" process but still no game. If trickster.bin then nothing, if trickster.exe then gibberish box and then nothing.

Fishae

Fishae

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

The game resolution in the splash options is set as such plus to be in window.. all according to the guide. (Even placed the folder in the defense exception list before downloading the package.)

If I change the bin to exe, upon start (from the splash) it throws the gibberish warning box. Okaying that closes it and the splash.. and nothing else happens.

I wven tried stopping defenses for the duration of the whole "from reinstallation to starting" process but still no game. If trickster.bin then nothing, if trickster.exe then gibberish box and then nothing.

dont use the splash, just use the .exe to launch

• Zsombi55 likes this

Zsombi55

Zsombi55

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
This worked. Thank you.