• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationRhode Island, USA
  • IGN:iKandel
  • Class:Priest
  • Level:36x

Does Dark Barrier even work on phys?

It only works on physical. That's why Dark Lords can suicide a Bunny's Tetra in PVP.

Mana Shield is for Magic Defense, and even as a mage, you really don't have to worry about that.

Each type of mage has their own barriers. Soul Masters have blessings, Dark Lords, Wizards and Witches have Dark Barrier, and Priests, Light Wizards, and witches have Shield of Heaven. If you level them right, you should have your barrier skills by the time you're 130/120.

• Vis and Versalia like this

tumblr_n9p5zf9oIT1qzy7wao4_250.gif

"You Have A Response For Everything How Bout You Go Read A Book?" -unknown 2014

Vis

Vis

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • IGN:Yami
  • Class:Dark Lord
  • Level:348

Just to add on with rust, it's not a straight % decrease even though the skill description makes it sound that way. Formula is (ma-49) * % reduction * 16 = ap reduced.

Tested it on my newbie bun using 1,123 ma and mastered rust, here's her ap before rust:

Spoiler

and here's after rust:

Spoiler

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts
  • IGN:*sigh*

JESUS CHRIST

• Casper likes this

Posted Image

♥ My heart belongs to Kyoudai ♥

Vis

Vis

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Yeah, it's a pretty potent decrease even at lower ma. It can be a huge life saver with some of the higher bosses because it pretty much runs their ap into the ground. XD

Kandel

Kandel

Black Swamp Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationRhode Island, USA
  • IGN:iKandel
  • Class:Priest
  • Level:36x

Yeah, it's a pretty potent decrease even at lower ma. It can be a huge life saver with some of the higher bosses because it pretty much runs their ap into the ground. XD

I agree it's good for bossing, however, it's just not practical for training.

tumblr_n9p5zf9oIT1qzy7wao4_250.gif

"You Have A Response For Everything How Bout You Go Read A Book?" -unknown 2014

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts
  • IGN:*sigh*

I think it's a good filler to use while grinding TM to 40. You really only need it at Level 1 until you have some points to spare or plan to go bossing.

Posted Image

♥ My heart belongs to Kyoudai ♥

Vis

Vis

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

I agree it's good for bossing, however, it's just not practical for training.

Agreed there, it'd probably be better to grab an ult shield or something of the sort and comp for hp if possible. (comp costs on ults are a bit steep, not too hard to get the money for it though.) Cure can undo damage quickly as well at a pretty low cost, especially at mastery (more something I'd suggest for darks and soul masters since lights can make most normal monsters do fairly trivial damage due to their shields)

Do remember lakis being a bit of a pain for my dark wiz when he was a lower level (crit either ohko'ed me or came close, can't remember), that's mostly just me having pretty bad gear until about 140 or so though. I just tried to attack them from out of range if possible, granted there were still quite a few deaths involved on my part.

• Deryl and Kandel like this

Alecat

Alecat

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • IGN:Gryphus
  • Class:Diva
  • Level:252/280

Find it funny, as Im a Fire Elec Witch. And I dont have any Fire skills at the moment, or stopped learning any skills since TM 70. Then learnt Light Shield and Telsa Field at 145. But other than that, Ive been running around with 4k HP without needing Rust just now.  Now Im lvl 160 with SoH, and I still dont have any fire skills, but each to their own. Guides are always handy, but everyone is different. :3

EX- Game Moderator

Do you want to know the Truth? Join the Stand, #TakeAStep

Myu

Myu

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationEastern USA
  • IGN:Pear, Numa, Halure
  • Class:SoulMaster, Witch, Cat!

Imo, Rust is wonderful to use against Don the first time and during 3rd job trials, in the later stages. ouob

• Vis likes this

Pear . Numa . Halure

Elli

Elli

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • IGN:Elli
  • Class:Sheep

Found your guide to be very informative. I love that you added each element combinations pro's and how they are played. It helped me to decide what elements I thought would best suit me. I really couldnt decide between Wind/Earth and Fire/Electric, but I'm taking the plunge and trying out Fire/Elec. :D I'm excited to see how it goes.

kiru_for_anhiee_by_teepoo.gif

Princess

Princess

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • IGN:Kyouko
  • Class:Sheep

After I max SoH and Pheonix what should I be getting? ._.

Spectrum006

Spectrum006

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

You should add that Electric/Water is the main boss combination not only because the CCs, but also Shard of Glacier increases A LOT (like 100% and some cases more, because it lowers the enemys eletric resistance) your eletric skills damage.

Im hitting normally on Chaos Bosses 6k with electro and 7k with staff of thunder. When the boss is debuffed by shard of glacier this damage goes up to 40k... 45k...

Thats why you see these 200k, 300k Damage from thunderbolt. 

-This is the main boss combination,

Eletric/Fire is very good also and has an extra AoE, being more versatile. But you wont see huge damages when bossing, this kind of sheep relies mostly on DoTs. Phoenix, Tesla and SE.

QQinfinity

QQinfinity

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • IGN:QQinfinity
  • Class:Witch (Water/Elect/Light)
  • Level:200 ish

I don' think its just increase by 100%.

My Electroattack does about 2.5k on a CT boss, with glacier it reaches 11k.

The problem being glacier is really hard to land on CT bosses. They have very high resistances to all debuffs, and Glacier not only is one of them, there is also the problem of the innate '10% to fail no matter how high your LK is' making it even harder to land.

Plus, if you have to kite around the boss so it doesn't hit you, you will miss the 3 second window of the debuff while you are still casting your electroattack, not to mention electroattack might miss too.

Posted Image

"At Fiesta, everyday is Customer Appreciation Day. Come see for yourself, and get in touch with our products! Every day's great at your Fiesta!"

—Fiesta commercial
(I'm sorry, I couldn't stop myself from doing this, it was just too perfect a joke to let it pass...)

Spectrum006

Spectrum006

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I dont have any problems applying Shard of Glacier Debuff on bosses except the 10% fixed miss rate, but i still think its 100% Eletric debuff, the math itself is just complicated.

If the mob has near 0% eletric resist = -100% debuff = 2x normal damage.... (you hit normally 10k with electro, then 20k debuffed)

If the mob has like 70% eletric resist = -70% electric dmg +100 electric dmg % = +30% eletric damage -plus MD- (you hit 3k with electro (7k resist), then 13k debuffed (3k (normal damage) +7k (resisted before) +3k (30% bonus dmg of the Shard glacier)

That explains why sometimes seens to be like 800000000x normal damage.

For the case of Shard of Glacier missing: Do you have enough luck? Do you miss other skills often?

PS: On Chaos Bosses please forget about your electroshock passive when doing electroattack. This will NEVER work on bosses x_x.

The bosses seen to be resistant to mana web, rust etc... (Hard to land), but electroshock is like 100% resist or 99,99999% 

EDIT: The mechanism seens to be the same for the area debuffs. Like Undine's garden. The description says it lowers the resistance of the mob by 17% (master). In mobs with low resist-base, you will see this 17%; however, when fighting against bosses this 17% will turn into 50%... 100%... easily.

• Vis likes this

YTakuyaY

YTakuyaY

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • IGN:XYukariX
  • Class:Champion
  • Level:221/261
I skipped over getting Invincible Casting until I was able to access more 2nd job skills. It's because I'm 1441 build. I do hit and run tactic, and kill enemies in 1-2hits that I rarely find myself standing still in one spot. I find using those 5 tm to max out arrow rush in earlier stage a better investment.

It's just my style of tm investment. :3
  • Elli likes this

aerosmint

aerosmint

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • IGN:Minty, Nichkun

Is Dragon Storm a good skill that you should invest on?

vwsldj.jpg

Will add more chars when they're 3rd

20hjybd.jpg Minty - Fire/Elec/Light

2ry0jn7.png Nichkun - Gladiator

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:

I've never played a Fire Soul Master but I think it's more of an upgraded Whirlwind Blaze skill. I suggest getting all your AoEs first before getting it, and it's probably useful for grinding if you can't 1hit with your other 1shot skills. It has double the cooldown time of Whirlwind Blaze though. Dragon Storm is like... 1.5x stronger than Whirlwind Blaze at master. :)

• aerosmint likes this

Uruviel

Uruviel

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL
  • IGN:~
Cool guide. I'll be using this for sure. Thanks!:)

2ne1_signature_by_emerrichan-d470pk8.png

Uruviel

Uruviel

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL
  • IGN:~
Uh, are you gonna continue this guide? My sheep is stuck lol

2ne1_signature_by_emerrichan-d470pk8.png

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:

Good news! After 3 long years, I've finally decided to update this guide lmao. Transforming it from a Fire/Elec/Light guide to a general Sheep guide. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sheep, guide