Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:
  • Foreword

Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by! My name is Savannah/Paige. I played a Fire/Elec/Light Sheep back in eTO and decided to make one here as my first character. Since then, I've made several other sheepies of all kinds. I love sheeps and mages in general and they're usually the class I like to play in games. I made this guide back in 2014 (during the first year of this server) and have now decided to slowly start updating it again.

• Why is your guide organized this way?

This is so you don't get bored and don't skip any important details/content about the guide.

• What exactly is this guide all about?

You'll find everything you need to know about sheeps here! Fair warning, it's all mostly text. If you have any suggestions, let me know. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here and I'll try to reply as soon as I can.

Why should I choose Sheep over Dragon?
How should I build my Sheep?
What does each element have to offer?
Let's mix and match!
The Trinity: The Soul, The Light and The Dark
Fire/Electric Light Witch
Wind/Earth Light Witch
Water/Electric Soul Master
Fire/Electric Soul Master
Wind/Earth Soul Master
Water/Electric Light Witch
Wind/Water Soul Master
Fire/Earth Soul Master
Fire/Electric Dark Witch
Water/Electric Dark Witch
Fire/Earth Dark Witch

* Images removed. Updates on hold until further notice.

Edited by Paige, 27 September 2017 - 01:49 AM.

• Kaideh, Shomrazomee, pvxxx123 and 1 other like this

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:
  • Why make a Sheep over a Dragon?

The sheep, unlike the dragon, is able to get her Area of Effect skills much earlier thus making them a powerhouse PvM, leveling, grinding and farming machine. Their AoEs are also generally stronger and more versatile than the dragon's.

• What build should I choose?

Well there are really only ("only" in a sense that the builds mentioned are much more effective for this type) 4 types of builds to choose from for Magic Types. The numbers represent how many points you put into Power/Magic/Sense/Charm by the way.

• What are they?

The first is 1441. This build is pretty straightforward and it's the most common. 4 in sense for more WT and LK, and of course DA for drilling. LK is really important for mages because their Luck determines whether their skills will hit an enemy or not. If your LK is reasonably lower than a monster's LK, then the monster will block most of your magical skills. LK is basically "Magical Accuracy". The second and third are 1432 and 1423. And finally the less common 1414.

• A 4 in Charm?!

Yes, a 4 if you're willing to sacrifice WT for survivability. LK can be easily compounded into equipment (usually to staves and shields), also the prevalence of Wings that contain WT on this server make this more viable than it was in eTO.

• One final advice in deciding what build to choose!

This is important! Plan out your 3rd job path way before-hand. Decide whether or not you're going to go Soul Master, Light Witch or Dark Witch. Soul Masters tend to need HP since they don't have a meat-shield like Light Witches do (Shield of Heaven). Dark Witches also need the extra HP for Dark Barrier. Light Witches should always go 1441 though in my opinion. Why? It's because they get Light Shield which pretty much nullifies any physical damage dealt to you when Mastered, not to mention Shield of Heaven. The struggle early game is definitely worth it for when you get these skills. You wont need a 2/3/4 in Charm if you're going to have these skills late-game anyway.

• So what stats am I supposed to put my extra points into?

I suggest you allocate all your points into MA. MA makes all your skills hit harder. And in the case for Light Witches, they increase your defense skills as well (Light Shield and Shield of Heaven).

• What if I'm 1414 or 1423, will I have trouble hitting monsters since I don't have as much LK as 1441 and 1432 sheeps do?

A little bit (especially early on), but nothing a little LK in your equipment can't fix.

• Wind - 0.5 second Cast Times, skills for grinding are Low Cooldown. 
  • Earth - 1.5-2.5 second Cast Times, Cleaving Terra for grinding has a huge AoE despite having a 3 second Cooldown.
  • Fire - 1-1.8 second Cast Times, mainly high-damage single-target element.
  • Electric - 1 second Cast Times, mainly an AoE element. Can impair movement of monsters/players with Electroshock. Skills like Tesla Field and Thundershock depend on real life luck (meaning they can miss regardless of your in-game LK). A note about Tesla Field though: the duration of the skill ends when either the timer runs out or when the monster/player targeted with the skill dies (it's duration is erratic although functions similarly to Scorching Earth).
  • Water - 1 second Cast Times, single-target and crowd control/utility element. Shard of Glacier also depends on real life luck.

* Images removed. Updates on hold until further notice.

Edited by Paige, 27 September 2017 - 01:50 AM.

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:

Minstrelspell.png

• Wind/Earth - A build used for leveling quickly and farming. This is the best PvE class for the Sheep due to Wind's quick casts and Earth's Cleaving Terra's high AoE range.
  • Earth/Fire - Fire's high-damage single-target abilities complement Earth's Cleaving Terra. Although not as popular due to the long cooldowns.
  • Fire/Electric - A build that can be used for bossing. Fire and Electric complement each other very well; each have very high-damaging single-target, AoE spells and Damage over Time (DoT) spells. This combination is all-around and can also be used for PvP.
  • Electric/Water - A build that focuses on PvP and bossing mainly because of their movement-impairing, crowd control abilities and elemental damage synergy.
  • Water/Wind - A quick/fast cast build that also complements each other very well; they also provide very good utility with Water's disables.

* Images removed. Updates on hold until further notice.

Edited by Paige, 27 September 2017 - 01:50 AM.

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:

TM Allocation

TM 0 Magical Soul (Costs no points)

TM 1 Mana Arrow (Learn for 1 point, you don't have to keep it at 1 but mind your mana pool and save 5 points so you can learn Invincible Casting instantly at TM 10)

TM 10 Invincible Casting (Learn Passive for 5 points)

TM 10 Cure (Learn for 1 point and Level to 10, Total of 10 points; Level 10 heals you for 24% of your health, master heals you for 30%, keep it at 10 for now)

TM 20 Bottle of Mana (Learn for 2 points, keep this at Level 1; prerequisite for Mist of Mana)

TM 40 Mist of Mana (Learn for 4 points & Master for 3 points, Total of 16 points; Learn and Master instantly)

TM 50 Arrow Rush (Learn for 4 points & Master for 3 points, Total of 16 points; Learn and Master as soon as possible right after mastering Mana Arrow & Mist of Mana)

Note: You should start saving points by TM 24 since you need 16 points to master Mist of Mana at TM 40. You need 5 points for Invincible Casting & 2 points for Bottle of Mana so that leaves you with 17 points to allocate between Mana Arrow and Cure. Master Mana Arrow after Mist of Mana. After mastering Mana Arrow, you then master Arrow Rush. You should have mastered Mist of Mana, Mana Arrow and Arrow Rush by TM 61. By this time you'd have your Cure to Level 10 already. Bards may be known for their AoEs but in my opinion, it's better to have a very strong single-target damaging spell early which is why we master Mana Arrow & Arrow Rush right after Mist of Mana. Besides, unless you can afford myshop equipment (and compound them), you wont be able to 1HKO most monsters with Wind Blade/Electro Attack/Cleaving Terra, at least not until around 100+.

TM 55 Electro Attack (Learn for 2 points & Master for 2 points)

TM 90 Electroshock (Learn Passive for 2 points; this roots/snares the monsters/players you attack with Electro Attack)

TM 20 Mana Ring (Learn for 2 points, keep this at level 10, it's a prerequisite for Incinerate)

TM 110 Incinerate (Learn for 3 points; keep this at level 10 as a prerequisite for Phoenix Rising, once you get Phoenix, you wont be using this skill as much so you don't need to Master it)

TM 140 Phoenix Rising (Learn for 3 points & Master for 3 points; this is pretty much an AoE Hell Fire meaning it's a Damage over Time skill, it's extremely powerful and lasts up to 15 seconds at Master, in my experience the maximum targets hit is 3)

TM 145 Tesla Field (Learn for 3 points & Master for 3 points; this is the second best AoE in the game for grinding--maybe I'm just biased since I really like the Fire/Electric skills--but seriously though, it has a cooldown of 4 seconds and is pretty much the same as Scorching Earth, keep in mind that if the monster you target with the skill dies, the skill duration ends, so it's best to cast this on high HP/MD targets to keep the skill going for the longest time possible which is 16 seconds at Master--yes, you can have at least 3 Tesla Fields on at the same time!)

Note: Whirlwind Blaze isn't that useful. It works the same way as Drip Bomb and Arrow of Light. You'll be getting Incinerate and Phoenix Rising anyway, and it's not a prerequisite for any skill except Dragon Storm so I suggest you skip it all together unless you're going to take the Soul Master path.  It is quick cast though and is on a 2.5 second cooldown which is good for grinding. So it's really up to you whether or not you're willing to invest points into a skill that will help you grind faster but become obsolete later on in the game as you level.

Note: You'll be stuck with Electro Attack for quite a while if you decide not to get Whirlwind Blaze in this version since Scorching Earth (one of the best AoEs in the game) has not been released yet. If you ask me, the struggle is worth it in the end.

• HiiroKen likes this

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:

[ Reserved ]

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:

[ Reserved ]

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:

[ Reserved ]

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:

01 - 22 - 14 * This guide is still in beta and will be updated regularly. I wanted to post this as soon as possible though to help people out. 

05 - 19 - 17 * After 3 years, I've decided to actually update this guide. Will transform it from a Fire/Elec/Light guide into a general Sheep guide, showcasing other elements and combinations as well. 

05 - 19 - 17 * Guide's name has been changed from [Beta] Savannah's Extremely Comprehensive Fire/Electric Sheep Guide to Paige's Extremely Comprehensive Guide for Sheeps. Added Table of Contents. Added new title headers and new sectioning.

09 - 27 - 17 * Images removed. Updates on hold until further notice.

Edited by Paige, 27 September 2017 - 01:51 AM.

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts
  • IGN:*sigh*

Interesting. Might look into this for my sheep later.

Posted Image

♥ My heart belongs to Kyoudai ♥

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

Oh, by the way, you forgot to mention Rust. Rust is extremely useful for training, since it massively nerfs the damage an enemy can deal to you.

• Vis likes this

Posted Image

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:

I've never used Rust for grinding, only for bossing and PvP since I get it after getting all the other skills I need. In my opinion, the cast time spent on Rust can be better used for other skills. You get so many at higher levels. You aren't recommended to get Rust before getting all of your needed/required attack and defensive spells first.

• Deryl and Kandel like this

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

Rust makes it so you use less HP potions/use Cure less because lv10 rust nerfs monsters by like, 40% of their damage capability. It's literally the perfect replacement for Shield of Heaven if you go Dark Witch or Soul Master.

Posted Image

Kandel

Kandel

Black Swamp Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationRhode Island, USA
  • IGN:iKandel
  • Class:Priest
  • Level:36x

I thought that's what Dark Barrier and Blessings were for? >.>'

tumblr_n9p5zf9oIT1qzy7wao4_250.gif

"You Have A Response For Everything How Bout You Go Read A Book?" -unknown 2014

Deryl

Deryl

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • IGN:Deryl
  • Class:SoulMaster
  • Level:30x

Rust makes it so you use less HP potions/use Cure less because lv10 rust nerfs monsters by like, 40% of their damage capability. It's literally the perfect replacement for Shield of Heaven if you go Dark Witch or Soul Master.

No it's not, getting more HP is a perfect replacement for Shield of Heaven. When grinding/training w/e, you usually try to kill everything as fast as possible for most exp, casting rust would be just a waste of time, when you could kill the monster instead of using rust.

HZ8qoVp.png
Credits to Rietta for the sig.

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

No it's not, getting more HP is a perfect replacement for Shield of Heaven. When grinding/training w/e, you usually try to kill everything as fast as possible for most exp, casting rust would be just a waste of time, when you could kill the monster instead of using rust.

A critting Loki in Tech1 kinda says otherwise, but oh well. To each their own.

Posted Image

Kandel

Kandel

Black Swamp Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationRhode Island, USA
  • IGN:iKandel
  • Class:Priest
  • Level:36x
But if you have dark barrier, which is a staple skill, it still cuts the damage in half and reflects it back at the monster, right? So I honestly just don't see the point in getting rust until you have a guardian, plus, you don't waste tm points to learn it.

tumblr_n9p5zf9oIT1qzy7wao4_250.gif

"You Have A Response For Everything How Bout You Go Read A Book?" -unknown 2014

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

But if you have dark barrier, which is a staple skill, it still cuts the damage in half and reflects it back at the monster, right? So I honestly just don't see the point in getting rust until you have a guardian, plus, you don't waste tm points to learn it.

Does Dark Barrier even work on phys?

Posted Image

Minttu

Minttu

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • 1365 posts
  • Locationin a cemetary with the rest of tassu
  • IGN:Minttu
  • Class:the Führer
  • Level:361

it only works on phys~

• Vis and Kandel like this

Deryl

Deryl

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • IGN:Deryl
  • Class:SoulMaster
  • Level:30x

A critting Loki in Tech1 kinda says otherwise, but oh well. To each their own.

There are other ways dealing with Laki's crits which ain't even that high, getting a few HP equips should be completely fine. If you can't handle the place with your current stats getting rust for it ain't the option, unless you really wanna train really slowly. Sure rust helps but it's not worth the time used using it.

HZ8qoVp.png
Credits to Rietta for the sig.

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

There are other ways dealing with Laki's crits which ain't even that high, getting a few HP equips should be completely fine. If you can't handle the place with your current stats getting rust for it ain't the option, unless you really wanna train really slowly. Sure rust helps but it's not worth the time used using it.

Rust helped my Magician. Jinxie, tho, just beat 'em all up with an OP as heck gear set.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sheep, guide