Photo

Do you think Playtrickster needs the new website design?

website website design design playtrickster web design web design playtrickster web playtrickster website playtrickster website design

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

firelad97

firelad97

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • IGN:TokioFirelad
  • Class:Magician
  • Level:70

Regarding my concerns for the current website design, I believe it is illegal to copy off the design from another, even from other country. Since Playtrickster is so alike Thai server's website design, I believe it needs the new design.

First off, I love designing websites in my free time, especially for gaming websites if even there should be image-heavy. I can do the new design for Playtrickster, but I don't know if I should though. I need opinions, and of course, the team's opinions.

I should start working on it soon, and then show you what it looks like. I hope you'll like it.

To the team: Let me know if you're interested, though! I work for free, don't worry.

I'm afraid if it is wrong to post like this, though.... x_x Please let me know if I am mistaken for posting like this.

• Tenma ☆ Watanabe likes this
Spoiler

Keyos

Keyos

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • IGN:Keyos

Pretty sure the GM in Thai server is the same GM here. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • IGN:Tenma
  • Class:
  • Level:Watanabe

A new design would be nice cuz it will give the website a FRESH new look.  :rolleyes:

BRUhmQq.gif

firelad97

firelad97

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Pretty sure the GM in Thai server is the same GM here. 

Spoiler

If one of GMs is same guy from Thai's GM, then it should fine. But same website design? I don't think so. c:

Again, do you think we need the new design?

Spoiler

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief Master

I will ask GM. I would actually like to see the website updated, too.

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • IGN:Cannot be left blank

I think the website should have more practical functions and the auto-log-out issue should be the very first thing to fix because it is annoying as hell. Example for more practical functions:

- AH doesn't need big pictures of the items, let's be honest, most of the time it doesn't even load the correct picture. It should be based off the little pictures of the items (so the browser doesn't have to load unneccessary huge pictures)

- AH should have a list design, similar to the "Log" tab with: small item picture, item name, item level, item slots, item description, stats, sell price [input box], MS points check box, galder checkbox, private check box, cancel auction check box + on the bottom of the page the "Confirm" button so this way we could manage more items at once; the confirm button would bring up a summerize window for your trades

Example for list design: a random wiki page - in-game event hats

• DeathGun and - Promise like this

9l0zUv3.png

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief Master

I asked GM. He says he wants to see website design you have done before. You can pm me if you have some.

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • IGN:LinaInverse
  • Class:Witch
  • Level:400

If one of GMs is same guy from Thai's GM, then it should fine. But same website design? I don't think so. c:

Again, do you think we need the new design?

It is the same GM, and a lot of game sites have the same site for different languages.  Doesn't mean a face lift isn't a good thing but UI is a complex issue that few people do well.  Frankly a lot of people can do websites, but do them well?  That is a challenge that usually only a handful of professionals do well (no remark against you, I don't know you or your skill set).  As long as you can improve upon it and not just change it, it might be a pretty neat update.

I agree that auto-log out of the website is a total pain :(   Mostly because the more log in/outs you have to do the quicker your AH stuff becomes "private."  Then you have to keep reposting just because you wanted to temper and comp a few things.

firelad97

firelad97

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I think the website should have more practical functions and the auto-log-out issue should be the very first thing to fix because it is annoying as hell.

I can't do anything about that. I only can do design, which is entirely in HTML/CSS/Javascript. Nothing else. Someone here can do it the rest.

I am sorry about that and yeah it is so annoying as well.

I asked GM. He says he wants to see website design you have done before. You can pm me if you have some.

Sure! I sometimes used template, sometimes not. I had made one that's not image-heavy. Please be aware that I'm not very experienced just yet, and I only had been doing for a couple years. Maybe 2 - 3 years? I can't remember. I will PM you some screenshots of some old works & the link of the one I'm working on currently. I've never tried making a heavy-image one before, but I am sure I can do it. I'm mostly making from scratch with Bootstrap and FontAwesome. However, I can't make images since I can't do it. I can make one out of images, but like I said, I've never tried and I promise you that it will not be 100% perfect.

Also, I am not experienced with PHP coding so someone will have to do it the rest.

EDIT: Dang it, I just checked my folders and I only got two... Sadly. I'll try looking around more, if I can.

Edited by firelad97, 22 December 2015 - 05:08 PM.

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: website, website design, design, playtrickster web design, web design, playtrickster web, playtrickster website, playtrickster website design