Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3759 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief
  • Level:400

Haha.

GM has just come up with an event he'd like players to do.

Login Screen Contest.

All entries will belong to the server/GM and he can use them in our future maintenance.

At the moment, all he specifies is that the size be 1024x768.

I'll talk to him about rewards later.

I'll open up a thread for this later.

Kheops

Kheops

Black Swamp Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:Kheops
A splash screen event would be nice for creative players indeed but it'd be nicer if GM finally came back to arrange ingame events.

Yes some people did struggle to get online last time and "voiced their frustration", GM should know whatever we do there will always be unhappy and happy people but canceling those events made everyone bored and unhappy instead of just a tiny part of the community.

I will add that back in the days I already came up with some kinda solution : don't announce them on forums, GM should just come ingame and announce ingame that in xx minutes he'll host the event (bosses, hide'n seek or O/X). That will have 2 benefits : reward actual players who play often and keep the server alive while avoiding to make the server unstable. I think players will understand that even if some do pester.

I think it's time he came back because the server is scarily empty...

Apart from that a friend wants to arrange O/X quizes regularly (weekly or every 2 weeks) and would like to ask GM to come online to reward players, is that possible ?
  • Vis, Melting, Neal and 1 other like this

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3759 posts

I don't know. I can suggest to him but if he wants to do that, it's up to him. However, if he wants me to be around when he does unannounced in-game events like O/X, then it's hard for me to commit due to my own real life matters. The thing is, even if i were not in game when he is, he usually wants me available anyway because he would be checking things with me. So Idk. But I like the surprise event idea. No announcement. Just appear. We shall see.

Khloebunni

Khloebunni

Fallen Khloe - Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Locationtwitch khloebunni
  • IGN:Queen • Khloë
  • Class:Streamer
  • Level:400k

Can we have a Trickster Convention? :3

Maybe a poll for interest and location? Idk, probably unlikely, but I love the idea <3 Cosplay, panels, meeting people from ingame...  :wub:

• CATHERINE, Bongohead, Neal and 1 other like this
Posted Image

~. Honor and respect one another .~

jamesanity06

jamesanity06

Desert Beach Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

modified EXP and DROP rate would also bring the "boring"  server status to a halt. Mods please think this through, MyCamp won't lift the boredom we experience right now. Drilling event would also mean "afk drilling" but if it's like Nariann suggestion, drilling mixed up with hunting would also be awsome. Afk drillers could drill till they drop, and grinders such as myself could hunt monsters to death. Now that's some activity.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3759 posts

Exp rate will not increased, if that's what you are suggesting. As much as I hate to say this, if your are bored, take a break from Trickster. Part of that boredom is because things have gotten so easy in this game and getting to high level is no big deal anymore. There's little challenge left, and after getting to high levels, players become lazy to do other things like questing, hence the boredom.

jamesanity06

jamesanity06

Desert Beach Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Alas! questing, yes max leveled players stop questing, they loiter around doing nothing, hence comes boredom, if max players have something to look forward to, something rewarding, would you disagree if I say it would removed the boredom? Yes, leveling is quite easy, getting unique is something else, but mycamp? I don't see how that would remove the boredom resting upon us now, I am not implying you raise the exp, but I do think it's one of the many options, when you're maxed you tend to make new character apart from your main, is it not the case with BabyArantir? although yes your main and mule are both foxes, but I suppose the builds are worlds apart. Thus comes the question, why should I go back to gruesome leveling when I have maxed level? But if these maxed players have something to diverge themselves into, something rewarding at least, then I am sure the maxed players will not have the reason to create different character thus eliminating the option about exp rate. The question now is, what to dish out, to challenge these players, mycamp? I don't think so, sadly but mycamp won't suffice. I am not pushing anything in particular, clearly I am only against MyCamp for the coming event. That much is true.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3759 posts

It's okay if you or the other bored players do not want to participate in MyCamp event if we were to hold it. Perhaps it might interest other players. It would be good if everyone were to be interested in the same event, but this is one of those things where we have to accept we can't please everyone.

jamesanity06

jamesanity06

Desert Beach Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Actually I had the feeling you lot would insist on the MyCamp event. I would presume it was the best you could come up with considering the time you had. Anyway thanks for the penguins. And the "Job" accessories.

jjiang29

jjiang29

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • IGN:HazardLion
  • Class:MadScientist
  • Level:300+

My only problem with MyCamp events is that it probably wouldn't be as popular as character fashion event. I'm sure there are people who invest quite a bit in MyCamp but in my opinion, the majority of players don't bother furnishing their MyCamps due to the fact that many camp items have to come from gacha or buying MyCamp sets. MyCamps just aren't as visible as character fashion.

Here's an idea that I came up with. It rewards both time spent in game doing stuff as well as acting as a galder/MS sink for rich players maybe.

Once a day upon logging in, each character receives a ticket. Also, upon completing a quest, a ticket can be received. Tickets may also drop from hunting or drilling at a very low rate,(should be even lower than say ordinary keys for example). The method of ticket receiving would reward people who complete quests more. This is beneficial in many ways. Players actually playing the game can go about doing so with added incentive. Rich players who don't want to get quest items can buy quest items(thereby creating a bigger market for quest items in general) which allows the exchange of galders between players. I don't know if tickets should be allowed to be sold through AH just to make galders more valuable in this instance but that's up to the admins. Now that we've establish the rarity/limited availability of tickets, lets talk rewards.

Rewards should be worthwhile but not necessarily spammable. My plan was to have tickets traded in for a box. Inside the box would be rewards such as a gacha coin, 2 repair powders, a WG Elixer, Altiverse Box, random CWB, or other nice goodie in small quantities. But the boxes should also have chances for getting items such as MS ports/potions/other items that are less valuable but not necessarily junk items.This puts the Ticket boxes at a good value but not 100% valuable. My hope is that this would make for an interactive event between both the have and have nots of the player base and increasing general productivity. Tickets can be traded in at maybe x2 or x3 if it seems like trading 1 for 1 could lead to spammability again.

What are your thoughts on this everybody?

• Vis, Nariann, Kheops and 6 others like this

Kheops

Kheops

Black Swamp Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:Kheops

It's okay if you or the other bored players do not want to participate in MyCamp event if we were to hold it. Perhaps it might interest other players. It would be good if everyone were to be interested in the same event, but this is one of those things where we have to accept we can't please everyone.

You make no sense !

You made this thread to ask us about events we'd like then tell us it doesn't matter whether we like what you propose or not because other players that didn't even care to post here MIGHT like it ?! I read the thread again and I saw only Torik remotely interested in MyCamp Event...

There's no sense in asking people's opinion if you brush it off when you don't like it... It's not like there was a debate between pro and anti mycamp event, it's totally one sided in favor of something funnier, more creative.

I like jjiang29's proposition cause it's universal and involves ingame work as long as there's incentive through appreciated rewards.
  • Nariann, CATHERINE, Bongohead and 2 others like this

- Promise

- Promise

Selfie Princess 2015

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Idk about you guys, but I'd be interested in a MyCamp Event! o=

I was thinking, if everyone set their MyCamps somewhere in a specific location, e.g. Blooming Cora Town and players are able to explore inside the MyCamp for themselves, rather than having to video it? This would be useful for those who'd like to participate but find it difficult to video the game (such as myself). I also don't think screenshots do MyCamps enough justice, since it takes away that 'wow' feeling, IMO. (Especially if the MyCamp is huge)

I don't know how this would work exactly-- it would probably be based on community likes via Poll, and as Neal said, it doesn't really give players who do not have a lot of friends on this server a fair chance, so I'm not too sure ;;

.......yeah, I just really want to participate in a MyCamp event..  :P

• Versalia, Neal and Solvluna like this

JWtPehv.gif

shanny  lymina promise magic music

Catalina

Catalina

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationTelling Marijuana To Take Notes
  • IGN:A Huydro
  • Class:PvP Governor Queen
  • Level:A Evans
I hav e 3 ideas.
1.- GVG EVENT 4V4: we've been asking for it since the game started pretty much
2.- EXP EVENT/FAST TRACK: I want to try other classes and builds but im lazy to level up those because theres literally no point in doing so (pvp and gvg are dead and pvm is for casuals)
3.- TRICKSTER RTO MARATHON: a 10k run (6 miles) exclusively for people from Rto living in Ontario, California. This is to kind of promote the fitness lifestyle in rTO and meeting up with our nice cybernetic friends.

Bachelor's degree in Tricksterology. Graduated Valedictorian.
Ph.D. in PvP Executioner. Graduated with honors.
Ph.D. in PvP Government. Graduated Valedictorian.

Miss Universe 2003.

Candidate for Miss Earth 2016.

Solvluna

Solvluna

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • IGN:Tyarian
  • Class:Scientist
  • Level:228

Event Idea:  Biscuits PvP War

Team Melon vs Team Strawberry vs Team ChocoAlmond

Melon_Biscuit_fight.gif                     Strawberry_Biscuit_fight.gif                      ChocoAlmond_Biscuit_fight.gif

http://wiki.ggftw.co...r/Melon_Biscuit

http://wiki.ggftw.co...awberry_Biscuit

http://wiki.ggftw.co...oAlmond_Biscuit

Equips allowed range from nothing at all to the Biscuit you chose and its equips.

Friendly-fire is ok.

Give everyone a ticket for a Biscuit and its corresponding equips of their choice.  :)

GM Tickets and/or random giftboxes for anyone who participates.  GM Special Ticket for winning team.

Maybe something special for last person standing.

• Bongohead likes this

jamesanity06

jamesanity06

Desert Beach Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

You make no sense !

You made this thread to ask us about events we'd like then tell us it doesn't matter whether we like what you propose or not because other players that didn't even care to post here MIGHT like it ?! I read the thread again and I saw only Torik remotely interested in MyCamp Event...

There's no sense in asking people's opinion if you brush it off when you don't like it... It's not like there was a debate between pro and anti mycamp event, it's totally one sided in favor of something funnier, more creative.

I like jjiang29's proposition cause it's universal and involves ingame work as long as there's incentive through appreciated rewards.

The question now is would they be willing to indulge themselves in gruesome tasks for making such events, MyCamp takes only a few types, then judging winners then viola! You got yourself an event. Would be nice if they would make an event with a little bit of effort on their side.

• Catalina likes this

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3759 posts

You make no sense !

I would greatly appreciate if you stop posting things like saying I make no sense.

I am asking for suggestions. If someone say they don't like an event suggestion that I suggest, and I say someone else might still like that event, does that make me not making any sense?

Remember when players asked Coder to make MyCamp events tradable in AH? They said then it would be nice to have MyCamp event, so let's make MyCamp items tradable in AH. So we made that.

And now you are saying I don't make any sense?

jamesanity06

jamesanity06

Desert Beach Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I would greatly appreciate if you stop posting things like saying I make no sense.

I am asking for suggestions. If someone say they don't like an event suggestion that I suggest, and I say someone else might still like that event, does that make me not making any sense?

Remember when players asked Coder to make MyCamp events tradable in AH? They said then it would be nice to have MyCamp event, so let's make MyCamp items tradable in AH. So we made that.

And now you are saying I don't make any sense?

How about you make another thread with a poll, and see what the community thinks about the MyCamp event, if you're overjoyed and over excited hosting mycamp event? Let the mass speak for themselves maybe?

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • IGN:HangedMan / CloseToYou
  • Class:Gambler / Duke
  • Level:Saiyan

How about you make another thread with a poll, and see what the community thinks about the MyCamp event, if you're overjoyed and over excited hoting mycamp event? Let the mass speak for themselves maybe?

I think MyCamp event is great tho, even if I am not a mycamp stuff collector, my camp is basically a cabin in the woods. Nonetheless, we never really have a mycamp event, so this is a new event and that's good~ it's not like we gonna have MyCamp event every other patch.

But agreed on what kheops said, a more interactive event would be nice next time :]
  • Vis and - Promise like this
Spoiler

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • IGN:HangedMan / CloseToYou
  • Class:Gambler / Duke
  • Level:Saiyan

Oh, I know where it leads to, but I'd rather be branded rather than be a bystander. Neutrality is a poison that kills both the wicked and the innocent, so yeah, to hell with neutrality.

@topic

Yeah as I've said before, if MyCamp is the best the "higher ups"(that means Aran and the lot) could think about with the time they had in their hands since 10/17 patch, then MyCamp it is, like we even have a say to what they want and want not. "Event Suggestions"... meh.

Define "best". It is subjective and a matter of preference. We never had a mycamp event before so why not give it a chance. Time is a problem as well, its not like we can squeeze all of these events into a few patch. We will run out of events if that happens.
  • - Promise likes this
Spoiler

Torikakae

Torikakae

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • IGN:Torik
  • Class:Buffalo

Calm down everyone. I don't understand why there's more salt and shade thrown around here than the Marianas Trench....

For next event, I am thinking we should have MyCamp Event. Players are to decorate their camps and display them in any town (not including mines).

I also want to ask for your suggestion for future events.

Please post your suggestions here, and give as much details as you can.

Thank you.

~ aran

Edit:

I must add that the acceptance/rejection of ideas is at GM's discretion. As much as possible, suggest ideas that do not involved coding something new in game because this is likely difficult/impossible to do. Think more about events that can run on forum & website, where Coder has more breathing space.

The MyCamp idea is the planned idea for the next event. The suggestions asked are for future events. Those two are mutually exclusive. We don't have to cancel the MyCamp event to do your suggested event. Why not both?

• pipermell, Neal and - Promise like this

Click here for more Buffalo hotness <3 PM me for password ^_~

rTO Fanart Gallery | Astro Blitz Guild Fanart
VXbhp.gifTorikakae01.pngbDisc.gif
~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~
rTO IGN: Torik