Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3759 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief
  • Level:400

Dear Playtricksters,

I am in the middle of compiling the Cute Char is Cute Event participation. Results will be announced soon. I am not sure if it could be announced together with next maintenance. If GM & I finished everything, then yes. If not, announcement will be made after the maintenance. [coder cannot distribute prizes until after GM & I agree on the results].

Next maintenance may be today or tomorrow. Or it could be the day after. GM has not confirmed yet.

For next event, I am thinking we should have MyCamp Event. Players are to decorate their camps and display them in any town (not including mines).

Then players can post their camps' screenshots like how we do the Cute Char is Cute event. I can open a thread after next maintenance. We can let this event run till next maintenance maybe. I am open to suggestion on this.

We can use Likes to identify winners + GM's choices.

I also want to ask for your suggestion for future events.

Please post your suggestions here, and give as much details as you can.

Thank you.

~ aran

Edit:

I must add that the acceptance/rejection of ideas is at GM's discretion. As much as possible, suggest ideas that do not involved coding something new in game because this is likely difficult/impossible to do. Think more about events that can run on forum & website, where Coder has more breathing space. 

• Vitamilk likes this

Torikakae

Torikakae

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • IGN:Torik
  • Class:Buffalo

Would you allow videos in that contest? I've seen some pretty huge MyCamps and they can only show it off through a video tour, else they'll spam the thread with screenshots.

Would it also have different categories (most extravagant, simple and efficient, cozy, etc...), since most likely the rich ones will be the winners if there are none~

• Vis likes this

Click here for more Buffalo hotness <3 PM me for password ^_~

rTO Fanart Gallery | Astro Blitz Guild Fanart
VXbhp.gifTorikakae01.pngbDisc.gif
~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~
rTO IGN: Torik

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3759 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief

Video would be a good idea, I think.

Regarding categories, I am open to suggestion. Please think how players can enter to be in the right categories, though.

jamesanity06

jamesanity06

Desert Beach Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

IMO MyCamp Event = Myshop Event.

Can we at least have something like monster hunting event, like we get random letters(or boxes containing letters) from all monsters (CT monsters included of course), then when we collect all letters to create a phrase or sentence we can exchange it for neat stuff. Something like "MERRY CHRISTMAS" where you have to collect 2 Ms, 1 E, 3 Rs, 1 Y, 1 H, 2 Ss, 1 T, and 1 A? You can chose either to exchange for the whole sentence for special stuffs or you can also chose to exchange each letters for corresponding stuffs, like "A is for Desert Witch Broom", "E is for Coffin Witch Broom". Something like that(doesn't have to be brooms in particular,but I would be very grateful if it were brooms), I know it's complicated for coders since it needs a lot of scripting jobs at least it's an event where we can grind our asses off, instead of just spend tons of cash, then flash off your screen shot, then viola! you're an instant winner, or open 10 patches then log in all your harem of foxes, than viola! you hoarded all the neat loots from drilling events.

That's my idea of an event, an interesting and inter active type at least.

Edit: If you find this event too much of a work then at least throw out a PVP or GVG event, the server needs a little bit of PVP action, the boredom is real...

• pipermell and KaiRonin1 like this

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • IGN:HangedMan / CloseToYou
  • Class:Gambler / Duke
  • Level:Saiyan

I already have a feeling that MyCamp event will eventually come up sooner or later 

Anyway I think the number of likes should not be used to identify the event winners because most likes are usually generated because they have lots of friends in the forums/game and thus a newly formed account usually have lesser number of likes compared to the older and more recognized user even though both entries are really good~ There are even likes on the post even when there is no entry yet and is still "reserving". Like should only matter if we decided to have a community winner prize.

I also agreed with Torik. We should always have different categories on events like this because people have different preference. For example, the GM might prefer camp with a simple or minimalist design compared to the big mansion style camps and thus people with this kind of camps have a lower chance to win. So like it or not, the GM have to pick the best big mansion style camps ! *evil laugh*  :lol: 

Also.. any chance for a secret santa event this x-mas? I am not sure on how this event works but it was mentioned on the poll by Paylette and it seems interesting.

Video making contest also would be a good idea to have~ videos can range from gameplay, parodies/comedy, guide, epic moment in trickster or just like a normal let's play videos on youtube with commentary. Would be a good idea to advertise this game too since there is not much quality TO videos out there.

• pipermell and Bongohead like this
Spoiler

Torikakae

Torikakae

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • IGN:Torik
  • Class:Buffalo

^ A Secret Santa event? I'd love to join that~

Click here for more Buffalo hotness <3 PM me for password ^_~

rTO Fanart Gallery | Astro Blitz Guild Fanart
VXbhp.gifTorikakae01.pngbDisc.gif
~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~
rTO IGN: Torik

KaiRonin1

KaiRonin1

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Since we have monthly maintenance ( 30 days or more until the next) I do not think "My camp event" would be a good idea, we will have fun for like 1 or 2 days then the game will become boring again. I mean My camp event is not going to entertain players for the whole month!! I really like Jamesanity idea btw!!

Or maybe we can have a main event and a secondary event as My Camp.

Suggestions

1-) PvP or GvG event since we didn't have the gvg system update yet.

2-) Double or triple EXP \ TM that will motivate players to come back and create the charters that they always wanted and, can also reward the top 5 grinders basieded on the exp earned.

3-) Boost boss drop rate for all boss! I might be wrong but nobody dropped any Tartarus Equips yet it can be an opportunity for that.

4-) Prestige. Prestige Mode is an option that players can choose after they progress to Level 400 and max out the experience on that level. Prestige Mode restarts a player at Level 1(or 100), with all weapons and challenges reset. The player must progress through the ranks to unlock challenges (quests) and weapons again(ofc we keep then just can't use until your on the right level) To compensate for these losses, the player gains a special symbol next to their name indicating they are in Prestige Mode. The player can enter Prestige Mode a total of ten times, each time being indicated with a different symbol and another kinds of reward.
  • Neal and Solvluna like this

Kheops

Kheops

Black Swamp Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:Kheops
What about GM events ? O/X quiz ? Boss summons ? Hide'n Seek ? Something to bring back players for sure ?

It's really sad to see server so depleted :/.
  • Bongohead, Neal, KaiRonin1 and 2 others like this

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 813 posts
  • IGN:Cannot be left blank

I've never got a feedback on this since spring so... replace the items to something relevant maybe

SoJkUuC.png

• pipermell, Ghaspar, Neal and 1 other like this

9l0zUv3.png

fate0023

fate0023

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

As for the aromatic jasmine suggested event, I think the box contents should be mixed up because if it's like that people will only be getting refine and compound box. I think all boxes should have some not so useful stuff in them so that there'd be some balance.

I suggest something like a level up race event(has to start from level 1). We've had a few of these back in eTO, I think it promotes more activity among players.

andypandy123

andypandy123

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Locationgermany/Cuxhaven/northcoast
  • IGN:LuckyAndy
  • Class:Bomb
  • Level:Infinity

I thought about and event for top of the ranking gamer from the rankings like drilling/on top lvl player like the old days from eto when we had those best driller event the 1st and 2nd place got a mega driller pet that has had to time limitation that would be awesome but jeah well seems like like we cant climb that high since u aran are much too hi anyways but incase of an best driller event we could do something like poppuri (just a thought can be any other item ofc instead of boxes)but lets say ranking from 1-10 who drilled/hunted the most of this item get rewarded what do u think let me know im verry interrested in what u guys think about this :D ima be open for any idea to make this a good one :3

:rolleyes:  :wub:  :rolleyes:  :D  ^_^  :ph34r:

MRari

MRari

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

MyCamp event is going to be boring if it's going to be in 30 days

Ghaspar

Ghaspar

Game Enthusiast 3rd Rank

• Members
  • 867 posts
  • LocationTomorrowland
  • IGN:Ghaspar
  • Class:Thief Master
  • Level:Enough

I've never got a feedback on this since spring so... replace the items to something relevant maybe

SoJkUuC.png

I would just set up the drills and monsters drops to certain maps, because allowing it to all caballa mess up regular questies!

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • IGN:Tenma
  • Class:
  • Level:Watanabe

how about a "happyhour event" like for one hour everyone gets fiesta exp rate,double drop rate and increase refine rate  during weekends ?

• Solvluna likes this

BRUhmQq.gif

Solvluna

Solvluna

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • IGN:Tyarian
  • Class:Scientist
  • Level:228
A gacha coin earning event would be nice to go with the MyCamp one. Lots of nice MyCamp items you can get from gacha towns.
We could also have the gacha towns rotate different sets in each week for the duration of the event. Being able to play Gacha on the website would be cool, too.

As for the gacha coin earning event, I was thinking that new items called Gacha Tickets and Super Gacha Tickets would be drillable around Caballa Island and you would be able to exchange them for coins either on MyShop or on the website during the event.
That's just my idea, though. I'm sure others will be able to think of an easier idea to implement in game.
  • Vis likes this

Sakuraa

Sakuraa

Phantom School Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

I'd say Videos Event

I would like youtube to have lots of Trickster memories incase anything happen again so I won't try to search videos in japanease korean xD 

like bossing videos, pvp, basicly showing skills and traveling in the fields

• Neal and Solvluna like this

jamesanity06

jamesanity06

Desert Beach Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I also thought of an event during work, I thought it would increase the server's player count/population, how about a "refer a friend event"? You refer a friend, help them level up, and both gets bonus items each level range, say every 50 levels, the reward for the referred friend should be useful to new players, like some random gatcha box where you can get low lvl gathca items, or maybe ultimate box corresponding to the new player's level, and the friend who referred gets bonus myshop points of myshop useables, like recharge cupons, repair powder, nates bottles and compounding aids. it's up to the devs really what suits their taste for the rewards, I think this will help increase player activity as well as player count. 

• jjiang29 likes this

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • IGN:RedSonja, BattleCattle
  • Class:fox, buff

This event from June 2014: :wub:

Event 2: Penguin Event

Watch out for the invasion of the Blue and Pink Penguins. They respawn randomly every 2 - 4 hours in every map, except dungeons, towns, mines and Chaos Tower. You will have to kill them because we do not want another breaking news of gamers being murdered by Driller Babies or other monsters in the game. Haha.

These Penguins may drop boxes which contain certain items; some highly valuable, some may make you want to facepalm yourself into insanity. We shall let you find out what these items are for yourself. Good luck!

polar_standby2.gifTartarus_Info_Banner.pngCard_Battle_Logo.png

pipermell

pipermell

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationHere
  • IGN:Lucy07/XxxYuukoxxX
  • Class:Witch/SM
  • Level:25x/17x

I also thought of an event during work, I thought it would increase the server's player count/population, how about a "refer a friend event"? You refer a friend, help them level up, and both gets bonus items each level range, say every 50 levels, the reward for the referred friend should be useful to new players, like some random gatcha box where you can get low lvl gathca items, or maybe ultimate box corresponding to the new player's level, and the friend who referred gets bonus myshop points of myshop useables, like recharge cupons, repair powder, nates bottles and compounding aids. it's up to the devs really what suits their taste for the rewards, I think this will help increase player activity as well as player count. 

Its a good idea but sadly extremely abusable, because unless they find a way to make it imposible to create more accounts using the same IP, anybody could just make 187463936 accounts and get the rewards (We had a similar event in eTO once, and I'll be honest and say that I made 5 accounts back then just to get the ms reward ^^' and that was with the original exp rate, imagine how it would be now o3o)

I really like Nariann's idea, making an event that includes both drilling and hunting, and making the items tradeable so you can choose if you want to just afk-drill or hunt

Also I would like to suggest a Dice event again, I found that event really fun and it made people interact with each other (cuz there was always that number that avoided you like the plague but dropped for somebody else xP)

• Vis and Solvluna like this

c4WGlpO1.png

Credits to Rietta <3

Lucy07-Fire/Electric/Light Witch

XxxYuukoxxX-Water/Electric Soul Master

XxFujoshiChanxX-Wind/Earth Soul Master

NoCreativity-Gladiator

XxxHolicxxX-Champion

nelly007

nelly007

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members