Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • IGN:HangedMan / CloseToYou
  • Class:Gambler / Duke
  • Level:Saiyan

50px-French_suits.svg.png Ca$ino Royale: Gambler'$ Paradi$e 50px-French_suits.svg.png

Hello everyone, it's me Neal (or you may know me as HangedMan here or CharmingFox in eTO), I've decided to make an updated and hopefully an in-depth gambler guide because it seems that there are no updated gamblers guide so far. Also this is my first guide ever, so bear with me if it's not up to the standard quality and please.. any input and feedback is appreciated. Thank you :] have a nice day  :D 

Guide goal:

~ Help newer players to know more about the gambler class and on how to build them (most of the new players are confused on how to build one)

~ Spark interest for people to make a gambler

~ Act as a guideline, reminder and provide a new perspective/insight on the class even for a veteran player as well

Table of Contents:

1. Class Introduction [intro_01]

2. Build Graph / Stats [stats_01]

3. Skill Build [skill_01]

4. Equipment [gears_01]

5. Tips [tips_01]

6. Example Gameplay / Video [video_01]

f0e074d19c.PNG 1. Class Introduction f0e074d19c.PNG [intro_01] 

So, finally if you open this guide this means that you are interested about the class gambler, and I can see why, they are "charming" after all. Looks aside, they are one of the most powerful class in trickster online and they have interesting, cool looking skills (metamorphosis for example, turns you into Jacob from the movie twilight).

Being a gambler means that you are a pure character, which has access to skills only specific to these classes (Full House, Power Charging and Four of a Kind). As a gambler you will have plethora of crowd control skills with nice damage, a naturally high base HP, enough HV to dodge most attacks from the enemies and the most hated skill ever created in the history of mankind (skunk pouch and mass destruction). The gambler can excel in PvP, GvG, and PvM as well. 

"Okay, I get it, so they are tanky, they can do awesome aoe, good in all aspect pvp and pvm alike, not to mention gamblers are handsome too, hmm they seem flawless ! But there is no such thing as perfection, so what's the drawback ?"

Well, dear future gamblers, to start it off, I should warn you that gambler's damage fluctuates a lot and when I say a lot I am not exaggerating. Power Charging and Impelling Rage, two of our deadliest area skills damage depends on a lot of factor, and most of those factor is something that we cannot control very precisely, it will be discussed later in the skills section below. Another warning for teachers that just got fed up by their job and decided to be a gambler instead is that sometimes life does not give you lemon, but it is you that give the lemon to yourself. Which is true because Full House, also another awesome signature skill for gambler can hurt you back with its recoil when you failed casting it. The idea of self hurting might be a turn off to some players, so if you think you cannot cope with the risk then gambler might not be the job that you're looking for, might as well stay as a teacher  :lol: 

f0e074d19c.PNG 2. Build Graph and Stats f0e074d19c.PNG [stats_01]

The build graph and what each stat does is essential to understand for every classes, understanding the build graph thoroughly will help you shape the overall play style and the stats growth of your char. Gambler's array of skills rely on a diverse amount of stats in order to maximize the damage for the skills, this is apparently what makes gambler a bit confusing to build for a new player. Unlike power and magic types who most of the time rely on only AP and MA for their damage output respectively, we gamblers rely on mainly 2 stats which is HP and HV, of course this is just a part of it, some of our skills rely on AP too and to a certain extent, LK and DA too.

Build Graph Variation:

A ) 3 power 1 magic 2 sense 4 charm: 

8229bf8b4a.PNG

This is the default build graph for a raccoon, and it is probably the easiest to build with and play because it has a balanced base stats for all the important stats. If you are starting out, I really recommend this build as the 3 point in power will make it easier for you in the early level ! You can never go wrong with this build.

B ) 4 power 1 magic 1 sense 4 charm:

6b00cdefe9.PNG

Not the most common build for a gambler, suits duke better than a gambler. It is a fantastic build because you have the AP, AC, HP, HV and DP which is all needed for a raccoon, however the drawback is your WT, as gambler you have to bring lots of potions because gambler is probably of the heaviest potions drinker class you will ever play. The reason is that you will be spamming you area skills 24/7 and that requires a lot of MP potions, also Full House can damage you back which adds in another extra HP potions consumption for you.

C ) 2 power 1 magic 3 sense 4 charm:

67f3a1d2b7.PNG

Not common, but some people use it. It is very similar to 3124 build, however it allows you to carry more potions because you have better natural WT. The differences for the AP/AC loss is not too noticeable with 3142 build, although in the early levels it might be get a little annoying because your damage is kinda low.

D ) 1 power 1 magic 4 sense 4 charm:

972d7793cf.PNG

My personal favorite build, and a lot of people are using it too and for good reason. It removes raccoon's WT issues completely as now you can carry tons of potions and thus allows you to spam your skills with less restriction. The AP and AC loss is not that huge of an issue either if you are well funded since most of charm types equipment have decent amount of AP and AC. 4 point in sense also also allows you to have a good base LK and DA which is not really important but it helps with the success rate and damage for both Full House and Four of a Kind respectively. Not really a newbie friendly build, but if you feel like you can cope with the slow leveling and damage for the first 1~100 levels then go for it !

Stats/Points Distribution:

HP and HV is the most common stats where people put bonus points into and it is for a good reason. Those two stats are essential for gambler's main damaging skills and staying power. There are other unconventional stats distribution such as pure AP, pure DP, AP/HV, and HP/DP/HV, but those are sub-par compared to the common pure HP or pure HV.

Pure HP: 

Ah huge HP bar is actually a nice thing to look at don't you think ?  :P . Pure HP stats allocation allows your gambler to deal massive amount of damage in the form of Mass Destruction, Impelling Rage and Power Charging which is all based on your current HP number, neat ! With this stat distribution you are also much more bulky, so it is a 2 in 1 wonder. Despite not helping Full House damage at all, it does help you survive the recoils easier. Another good thing about this build is that it is suitable for any type of gambler build graph ! so if you cannot decide which stats to spend the points on, just spend on HP and you won't regret (hopefully).

However, you don't really see the benefits of being pure HP right away or at least until you learn impelling rage / power charging. Until then you just gotta stay strong buddy because good things come to those who waits ~ HP based skill is also notorious for being inconsistent because their damage fluctuates but don't let it discourage you, most of the time you will be able to ohko if you have enough HP. Pure HP gambler shines more than pure HV gambler in GvG because in GvG your dodging rate is nerfed by quite a lot.

Pure HV:

*pew pew pew* *miss miss miss*, "wow, my aim sucks".. The classic evasion based class in most MMO game is here and it come back stronger cuz just evading damage is not fun, might as well make the skills stronger based on how good we dodge things. Pure HV is easier to gain level early because you can gain HV based skill early in the game (Card Strike, One Pair and Full House later on). Dodge Master also helps you increase your HV based skill damage, which if you stack lots of HV can deal quite a lot especially at later levels because the increase is based on percentage and of course that means more dodging shenanigans.

Now on to the not so good side of being a pure HV, you take more recoil damage from Full House because the stronger your Full House damage is the harder the recoil will be  when it fails and if you are wondering, no you can't dodge Full House recoil. Being pure HV also means you have a naturally lower HP and thus you can only take so much recoils before dying from your own Full House, but hey at least the only one who can hit you is yourself (?) Despite that, Pure HV is a powerful build which emphasize more on dodging and card based skill. This build suits gambler with 3124 or 4114 build more because you also need AP for card skills, although a  2134 or 1144 build will do fine as well. 

Pure AP:

Uhmm, to be honest, AP is not the best stats to spend your bonus points on your gambler, although newer player seems to like it because they do high damage with their card skills early on which I can understand because it helps them ohko monster easily. However it is not the most efficient stats allocation because of the following reasons:

1. AP only makes your card skills stronger and it does not add any other noticeable benefits other than that unlike HP/HV gambler which does not only increase their damage, but their survivability as well.
  2. Full House recoils will bite you hard if you are not careful.
  3. Is not suitable for a lot of gambler builds, it is only recommended for gambler with 4114 and 3124 build as a 1144 build will have average AP anyway.

​I did not recommend this build at all especially if you are planning to be a Full House spamming coon, because you will be scared of your own Full House damage and starts to disregard the skills and only rely on One Pair. One way to combat this is tho to have a decent amount of HP comped on your gears but then again there is no point in doing that because your full house damage will only get you so far without good HV/AP

Other build:

Unconventional builds like pure DP or HP/DP/HV is not really suited for a gambler whatsoever, Duke will do better with these build than a gambler would ever be and even then it is only sub-par, so try to avoid this if possible unless you wanna try something new or experiment.

• Nariann, Ragnaris, Bongohead and 6 others like this
Spoiler

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • 534 posts

f0e074d19c.PNG 3. Skill Build f0e074d19c.PNG [skill_01]

Skills are important for any classes and gamblers are not an exception, gamblers rely on a plethora of skills to achieve feats such as hunting, grinding and mini stunning an opponent. The skill list shown below is show the skills that needs to be learned for that particular class in the order of priority (1 being the highest priority)

Teacher:

1. Dodge Master [master asap]

2. Sturdy Shield [lv 10, master if possible]

3. Physical Training [lvl 10, master if possible]

4. Power Blow [only if you feel warm up is not enough]

Card master:

1. Card Strike [Lv 10]

2. Super Hips

3. Mana reflector [lv10, 1st job skill]

4. Shield All [lv 10, 1st job skill, master if possible] 

5. Galder Thrower [lv 1~10 depends on how many tm you willing to spend on this skill, 1st job skill, only get if you have trouble killing Don Giuvanni for episode quest]

6. Impelling Rage [master asap] / One Pair [master asap]

*note: choose Impelling Rage instead of One Pair if you want to choose the grinder path or if you are a pure HP build, if you are pure HV or do not fancy grinding atm then you can ignore Impelling Rage for now and get One Pair.

Gambler: 

1. Power Charging [master asap] / Skunk Pouch [lv 10]

2. Full House [master asap]

3. Lady Luck [lv 8, master if possible, 2nd Job Skill]

4. Four of a Kind [lv 10, master if possible]

*note:  If you want to have Full House first rather than choose Skunk Pouch over Power Charging and learn Power Charging after Full House is mastered.

With that, you have learned all the important/essential skills for a gambler, and feel free to learn / master any other skills. Please do remember the list above is not the definite list, so if you want to try something new like metamorphosis for example, feel free to do that ~ or, if you have a better skill build, you can tell me then I will add yours in my guide ~

Skill Description/Guide

Teacher (1st Job):

Spoiler

Card Master (2nd Job)

Spoiler

Gambler (3rd Job)

Spoiler

• Ragnaris, Bongohead, Vitamilk and 1 other like this
Spoiler

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • 534 posts

reserved

Spoiler

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • 534 posts

reserved

Spoiler

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • 534 posts

reserved cos why not

Spoiler

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • 534 posts

Reserving

Spoiler

asnoobasme

asnoobasme

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMy place is placeless, my trace is traceless. No body no soul I am from the soul of souls
  • IGN:Sasha
  • Class:sheep
  • Level:1

Ah a gambler's guide at last! i am just starting out to explore the path of a charm and gambler looks fun with those aoe spams. i went away with 4114 build though as i didnt give a thought about my wt issues =/ but i am doing ok so far, if need be i will add some ap to wt but i intend to go full hp build coupled with a mix of hp and hv equips. Thanks for your inputs, cant wait for your completion, shifu.

• Neal likes this

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.                        charmander_gif_by_dragon93_scales.gif

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • IGN:Tenma
  • Class:
  • Level:Watanabe

I'll use this guide for EarlyCauseAdult one day. xD

• Neal likes this

BRUhmQq.gif

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • 534 posts

Ah a gambler's guide at last! i am just starting out to explore the path of a charm and gambler looks fun with those aoe spams. i went away with 4114 build though as i didnt give a thought about my wt issues =/ but i am doing ok so far, if need be i will add some ap to wt but i intend to go full hp build coupled with a mix of hp and hv equips. Thanks for your inputs, cant wait for your completion, shifu.

well if you can handle the low WT is see no problem but for me, I always need at least 150 elixir extract and 150 jewelery pots per fiesta run @@

I'll use this guide for EarlyCauseAdult one day. xD

8/8 best IGN lmao

• Tenma ☆ Watanabe likes this
Spoiler

Vitamilk

Vitamilk

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Hey nice guide btw :D i think the damage of the galder throwing skills are reduced in ct boss monsters and in pvp:o can u confirm that? Thanks :DDD

WickedCrow

WickedCrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Im thinking of making a PvM raccoon/gambler (probably just gunna grind Chaos tower for the most part) and I was wondering what would be the best choices to go in terms of build graph and bonus points? My biggest concern is that the first reliable aoe skill is Impelling rage and that isnt until tm lvl 100. I lack funding outside of in-game gold (and even then, I only have a few million gold). 

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • 534 posts
As I already mention in my guide, bonus points in HP is probably what you are looking for since you are planning to grind in chaos tower. Build graph however, depends on ur determination, if you feel like you are capable and have the patience to train with 1144 build UNTIL you have impelling rage then go for it (in the end, the extra WT will really helps you carry tons of potions which we consume like there is no tomorrow, unless you can afford those WT less myshop potions), although a 3124 build is always a safer option for newer player.

Well yeah, coons can only grind as soon as they have impelling rage which is at tm lvl 100, so dont expect to be able to grind soon and even then the grinding speed is kinda slow, it is only start to get faster once you get full house and power charging which requires 3rd job and at least tm lvl 150 (afterall we're not sheep XD) you can pm me any question if you still have any ^^
Spoiler

bluesly

bluesly

Cat Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationCat Den
  • IGN:TwinPaw
  • Class:Thief Master
  • Level:191

Super Hips works against monsters that are close to 100 levels higher than your base and lower, according to a wiki I used to follow for guidance.

Book Hunter

Currently searching in Rose Garden (Johan's Story).

I proudly do my own drilling.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Charm, Gambler, guide