Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • IGN:Sanctuaria
  • Class:Witch
  • Level:140

Hello.

So I'm planning to use my mages for boss hunting. I currently have a Light/Electric/Fire Witch and a Dark Lord. And I need people who would give me recommended stats for: Karan, Blood, Lion,Odinea, Soki and Spicy please.

Since I'm asking for stats, it would be helpful to post recommended equipment to get those stats. 

PS: This is unrelated but, I might as well put it here: I'm thinking of making a 1441 Pure LK Priest. How does that sound?

Thank you everyone! 

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • IGN:HangedMan / CloseToYou
  • Class:Gambler / Duke
  • Level:Saiyan

Hello JanSnow ~

First of all, may I know what is the level range of your dark lord and your sheep ? There are a lot of viable equipment for magic types so I need to narrow it down before I can suggest you anything. I don't know the exact stats required to kill each boss but normal bosses that you hunt for unique drops is not that difficult to kill as long as you can keep up your gear as you level up.

My thought on pure LK priest:

Pure LK priest is not something that I would recommend, especially if you did not plan to PvP at all. Base LK from your equipment usually is more than enough to hit normal monster consistently since light skills are pretty accurate. However if you PvP the extra LK might help you to hit other mage or sense types with high LK, also it helps increasing Catastrophe's Heal healing power if you are doing a 3v3 or something like that. In GvG, it's a different story because of the LK nerf so your LK will not matter as much, MA and HP is more needed to survive with Shield of Heaver and Light Shield because most of the time you will be targeted first. 

• Tenma ☆ Watanabe and TheJanSnow like this
Spoiler

TheJanSnow

TheJanSnow

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hello JanSnow ~

First of all, may I know what is the level range of your dark lord and your sheep ? There are a lot of viable equipment for magic types so I need to narrow it down before I can suggest you anything. I don't know the exact stats required to kill each boss but normal bosses that you hunt for unique drops is not that difficult to kill as long as you can keep up your gear as you level up.

My thought on pure LK priest:

Pure LK priest is not something that I would recommend, especially if you did not plan to PvP at all. Base LK from your equipment usually is more than enough to hit normal monster consistently since light skills are pretty accurate. However if you PvP the extra LK might help you to hit other mage or sense types with high LK, also it helps increasing Catastrophe's Heal healing power if you are doing a 3v3 or something like that. In GvG, it's a different story because of the LK nerf so your LK will not matter as much, MA and HP is more needed to survive with Shield of Heaver and Light Shield because most of the time you will be targeted first. 

Hi!

Currently, I'm at the Lv.140-150 mark with both my Witch and Dark Lord. I know I'm kind of under-leveled (because I'm hunting Tombeth and Captain Skull atm). But I'm planning ahead as to when I start grinding again. I just need an idea on how my equipment would look like (since I usually use the same equipment for both characters atm; and I think it's time that they have their own haha). I mean, I may not get the same equipment, but I could get 'close' ones (I think). 

As per funds, galder-wise not so much. Myshop, I think I can afford 15k MS a week.

Thanks for the insight on the Priest thing! I just wanted to try something different. But then again, I'm more of a PvM guy sooo.. Hahaha. 

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • 534 posts

wow that's great ! 15k MS per week is definitely more than enough to help you kill these in game bosses, especially with the help of web compounding and such, becoming hax is much easier :3

okay here is the equipment that I recommend for your char :3, since you probably will level up some more in the future, I will also put some equips for around 180~190.

Bolded equip means that the equip is really good and ideal/perfect for your class, inside the bracket is the compound that you might want on your class

Dark Lord:

Spoiler

Witch:

Spoiler

*Note: By no means my list is the most accurate or complete, after all it is based on my personal opinion and research but we all can agree that [JP] stuff is pretty OP haha, there are many more decent equips for mages around that level, in fact, there are too many XD I just listed the most common one, so feel free to explore and experiment :3

• Vis and TheJanSnow like this
Spoiler

TheJanSnow

TheJanSnow

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

wow that's great ! 15k MS per week is definitely more than enough to help you kill these in game bosses, especially with the help of web compounding and such, becoming hax is much easier :3

okay here is the equipment that I recommend for your char :3, since you probably will level up some more in the future, I will also put some equips for around 180~190.

Bolded equip means that the equip is really good and ideal/perfect for your class, inside the bracket is the compound that you might want on your class

Dark Lord:

Spoiler

Witch:

Spoiler

*Note: By no means my list is the most accurate or complete, after all it is based on my personal opinion and research but we all can agree that [JP] stuff is pretty OP haha, there are many more decent equips for mages around that level, in fact, there are too many XD I just listed the most common one, so feel free to explore and experiment :3

Thank you so much! :D

This is going to be so expensive huhu.

A few last questions haha (sorry). Do I get most these things through AH only? I realize that many of these items are from MS Boxes. I could do my research on how to get them, but I can't find some (esp. the JP stuff). 

And another question: Do Light Sheeps need HP EQ? Shouldn't I just stack on MA and rely on SOH? 

Thank you again!!!

TheJanSnow

TheJanSnow

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Additional questions. (Sorry)

1. When I decide to temper, if I want to comp my eq for HP. Should I temper the EQ so that it would have good HP, or good MA? 

2. I played eTO for a bit x years ago. A P. Stick was a must have for every mage then. Is it still a must have? 

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • 534 posts
Sadly yes, some of the equipments I listed can only be purchased from other people atm since the boxes are not on sale this patch. However, JP repakottowando is available, it is obtained from JP esplendor boxes.

http://board.playtri.../57-boxesitems/
^ info on what those JP boxes contents, most of them are not on ggftw/wiki since it used to be exclusive to JP server only. JP naked boxes are not there thp :[ so you might have to ask other people for the exact temper range.

And yeah, you don't really need HP on your light witch, I just added it since you are around lvl 140~150 you might not have learned SoH yet, so it might help you survive at least until you got your hand on SoH. If you already do have SoH then just stack MA :3

1. Well with web temper you can have really good results, you can get almost max stats on every stat :3 but it does not always happen, so just prioritize MA first and let the HP comes from compound.

2. Powerful weapon is still really good and also really cheap to get right now because of huge of amount of nikarium that we got from last event. I forgot to mention powerful weapon on my list XD but still JP equips out stat them easily, for example the JP Queue Bis Wand 190 (I also forgot to mention this one haha) can reach 90+ MA max and also be comped with MA, which is rare for a staff, you can out MA powerful stick even tho powerful stick is for lvl 215. JP repakottowando 190 itself can reach 110+ MA base, which is more than powerful stick.
  • TheJanSnow likes this
Spoiler

Vis

Vis

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • IGN:Yami
  • Class:Dark Lord
  • Level:348

The naked impact stuff comes from this box: http://wiki.ggftw.co...e_Vivid_box_190 and the repakkotowando comes from the esplendor boxes which are currently in my shop. The shobon 130 and

tell piyo ~ tsu are both on the 2nd page of mask and head respectively. Can probably find some of the stuff on the AH since a good amount of it is from previous releases.

As for light mages, for most of the content they're free to focus heavily on ma since light shield and soh cover defense extremely well. That being said, if you've got some hp under soh it's nice to have as insurance and can allow some extra room to recast if need be.

For tempering you generally want to try aiming for a good balance of ma/hp if you can, light mages can generally focus mostly on ma while having the hp as a nice bonus.

For the p. sticks, they're still great to have (and relatively cheap to get currently due to a recent event) but some of the jp equips can out preform them. Repakottowando can out ma a powerful around its level for instance while having a nice bit of hp and lk while allowing hp/lk/dark comps.

• TheJanSnow likes this

TheJanSnow

TheJanSnow

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Sadly yes, some of the equipments I listed can only be purchased from other people atm since the boxes are not on sale this patch. However, JP repakottowando is available, it is obtained from JP esplendor boxes.

http://board.playtri.../57-boxesitems/
^ info on what those JP boxes contents, most of them are not on ggftw/wiki since it used to be exclusive to JP server only. JP naked boxes are not there thp :[ so you might have to ask other people for the exact temper range.

And yeah, you don't really need HP on your light witch, I just added it since you are around lvl 140~150 you might not have learned SoH yet, so it might help you survive at least until you got your hand on SoH. If you already do have SoH then just stack MA :3

1. Well with web temper you can have really good results, you can get almost max stats on every stat :3 but it does not always happen, so just prioritize MA first and let the HP comes from compound.

2. Powerful weapon is still really good and also really cheap to get right now because of huge of amount of nikarium that we got from last event. I forgot to mention powerful weapon on my list XD but still JP equips out stat them easily, for example the JP Queue Bis Wand 190 (I also forgot to mention this one haha) can reach 90+ MA max and also be comped with MA, which is rare for a staff, you can out MA powerful stick even tho powerful stick is for lvl 215. JP repakottowando 190 itself can reach 110+ MA base, which is more than powerful stick.

The naked impact stuff comes from this box: http://wiki.ggftw.co...e_Vivid_box_190 and the repakkotowando comes from the esplendor boxes which are currently in my shop. The shobon 130 and

tell piyo ~ tsu are both on the 2nd page of mask and head respectively. Can probably find some of the stuff on the AH since a good amount of it is from previous releases.

As for light mages, for most of the content they're free to focus heavily on ma since light shield and soh cover defense extremely well. That being said, if you've got some hp under soh it's nice to have as insurance and can allow some extra room to recast if need be.

For tempering you generally want to try aiming for a good balance of ma/hp if you can, light mages can generally focus mostly on ma while having the hp as a nice bonus.

For the p. sticks, they're still great to have (and relatively cheap to get currently due to a recent event) but some of the jp equips can out preform them. Repakottowando can out ma a powerful around its level for instance while having a nice bit of hp and lk while allowing hp/lk/dark comps.

Thank you so much! :))))

Another question (sorry if I have too many). Do you think I should invest on a normal Myshop set first? Just for grinding or probably hunting Capt. Skull. Probably (Pluto or Wisdom Set). Then get the better equipment (ie the ones above) on maybe starting Lv. 170? I'm just thinking if I were to get hax eq's, I'd get the irreplaceable ones. I mean like it's much more expensive if I'd get Dragon Rings for both 140 and 190 - so maybe buy grinding stuff good until Lv. 190 then buy one Dragon Ring.

Also, is it a safe assumption that JP Boxes are always hax? 

Sorry I'm asking too much. Haha.

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • 534 posts
The equips from the myshop set is not bad for a temporary equipment for grinding :3 in fact those sets are probably more than enough to pawn skull and help you grind in CT floor 44

it is totally up to you, for me though personally, I always buy stuff that is above my char level currently so that I have the motivation to grind haha chances are you are probably going to upgrade it again later since its not really the end game equips for you but those equips can still serves you well until you are in your 230~240 so you have lots of time (except for the dragon ring 190, people in their 300~400 still use it)

As for JP boxes, yeah so far 85% of everything that came out of it screams hax lol some stuff from the box might not be as good as the other e.g. the hat from the esplendor box is not that impressive as the other JP equipment but still very good nonetheless
  • Vis likes this
Spoiler

TheJanSnow

TheJanSnow

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

The equips from the myshop set is not bad for a temporary equipment for grinding :3 in fact those sets are probably more than enough to pawn skull and help you grind in CT floor 44

it is totally up to you, for me though personally, I always buy stuff that is above my char level currently so that I have the motivation to grind haha chances are you are probably going to upgrade it again later since its not really the end game equips for you but those equips can still serves you well until you are in your 230~240 so you have lots of time (except for the dragon ring 190, people in their 300~400 still use it)

As for JP boxes, yeah so far 85% of everything that came out of it screams hax lol some stuff from the box might not be as good as the other e.g. the hat from the esplendor box is not that impressive as the other JP equipment but still very good nonetheless

I probably would go MS Sets first for grinding (150 seems a bit too early for investing in hax stuff - saving up for grad school as well haha). Then for the other stuff, I'd probably go AH for some items, but if I can't get some, I'd probably just compare JP Boxes available. Thank you so much for everything!! :D

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • 534 posts
Yeah agree, 150 is a bit too early considering you will level up fast at that level, people usually start investing at around lvl 180~190 XD unless you are planning to go into the powerleveling business.

You're welcome and good luck on grad school ~
  • TheJanSnow likes this
Spoiler

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • IGN:LinaInverse
  • Level:400

A lot here, not sure if anyone said this specifically (might have missed it) but for a fire/elec/light witch I recommend a guardian with shard on it.  It makes your elec magic SUPER strong.  A lot of those bosses are a bit challenging unless you're at least at the level for a guardian anyway.

I boss a lot on my fire/elec/light witch and shard makes life much easier, especially on bosses a bit resistant to magic, like spicy and odinea.

• Vis likes this

TheJanSnow

TheJanSnow

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

A lot here, not sure if anyone said this specifically (might have missed it) but for a fire/elec/light witch I recommend a guardian with shard on it.  It makes your elec magic SUPER strong.  A lot of those bosses are a bit challenging unless you're at least at the level for a guardian anyway.

I boss a lot on my fire/elec/light witch and shard makes life much easier, especially on bosses a bit resistant to magic, like spicy and odinea.

Thanks for the insight! Tenter would probably give me trouble. :))