[Wind/Water Light Witch] Very old player coming back, need some help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Aryaii

Aryaii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello, I'm a very old player trying to come back to the game, but I don't remember how to build a character. Even tho I looked everywhere I couldn't find a reasonable build for Wind/Water Light Witch, and I don't want to do it wrong.

My initial stats are 1441, going full MA. Can someone help me with skills(I only have Mana Arrow lvl 10, Cure lvl 10, Invicible Casting and Bottle of Mana lvl 1)? Is Wind/Water still worth or it's better to go something else?

Thanks for anyone that can help!

LordGahnome

LordGahnome

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • IGN:BuffyBuffIsBuffy
  • Class:Boofaloo
  • Level:322
That's...we'll see, the problem isn't as much the build of the character, it's the elements. Water is notoriously weak so idk if you're going for wind/water for nostalgia or what, but if I were to recommend a different build I would say either wind/earth soul master (to keep wind), or elec/water light witch (to keep water). The problem is just that the water element isn't all that useful unless you PvP a lot, and even then, it's a bit clunky.
Idk, sorry for not providing any insight into the build you want >_<

Aryaii

Aryaii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I see, I actually don't know what is good or not, but I remember people recommending me Wind/Water because Wind had good AoEs, and Water were good because of high single target damage. I'm still a Librarian so I still have ways to change my path.

So going Water/Elec is a better option? I remember you being able to combo Shard of Ice(or something along this name) with some Electric skills to do high damage, so might be a good idea. Will the lack of AoEs make leveling too hard, or I will be ok with it? Going Light Witch is something that I don't want to change, so no Soul Master I guess.

Also, my focus is 100% PvE, I don't have interest on PvP, so may take that into account for the path recommendation.

Thanks for the help!

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • IGN:HangedMan / CloseToYou
  • Class:Gambler / Duke
  • Level:Saiyan
Wind Water used to be a really popular choice for sheep in the early days of eTO before the introduction of Chaos Tower due its versatile element combo. It is surprisingly decent at everything but its not the best at anything, kinda like the jack of all trades.

Nowadays people go for wind earth due to obvious reason (faster grinding and super duper fast boss killers if soul master) or water elec due to shard+elec skill combo. I'd say right now, wind water combination is probably the least popular, whereas fire earth mages pops every now and then.

As for build I guess its almost the same with every light mage, go stack MA and enough LK + wind attribute or water attribute if you can afford it. For skill build, get wind blade first before drip bomb so that you can abuse that wind skill for super fast early CT grind, as soon as you hit 2nd job (when I say super fast, I really mean really super fast XD)

If you really like wind water, I say go for it, they are not bad at all but definitely but do take note as I said earlier, they are only decent at eveything, wind water loses to other sheep element combinations in certain situation but at least you are prepared for anything, be it grinding with AoEs, decent single target damage and lockdown skill. Also we could use some more variety :3
Spoiler

Aryaii

Aryaii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I see, I see. It's time to update myself them, which other element combination would be useful on Light Witch? Just Elec/Water? I like it, so it wouldn't be an issue changing that.

- Promise

- Promise

Selfie Princess 2015

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
First of all, welcome back to Trickster! I hope you like it here.

You can find some guides here if you're still unsure after my advice.

In Season 1, my sheep was a Wind + Light Witch (no second attr. element) for grinding purposes, and she levelled extremely fast at Gold Beetles in the Mines. I had about 1.6k MA back then at level 240, with maybe 400 LK. All you really need to do is sit there and spam Whirlwind, Windblade, Radiant Strike and buff up SoH/Light Shield/Mist of Mana every so often. However, I have changed my elements since then, to Water/Elec.

I have about three sheep, and I am Water/Elec on my main, because of the overpowered Shard + Elec combination. I'm not exactly a PvPer, but I did go there quite often. With about 2k MA, 600 LK and around 600% elec attribute, I was able to kill Ed in one Shard + Thunderbolt combo in CT.

I wasn't able to get a screenshot of my damage though, but I have this one of my rough damage from PvP:
Spoiler

After killing Ed:
Spoiler

The different possible element combinations:

Minstrelspell.png

Here's a summary of all the elements/different elemental combinations (in my opinion, of course).

Note:

I don't have a lot of experience with Earth, but I'll try my best. Also, I'm not exactly a sheep pro.

Wait for someone as pro as Bongo to post or something.. :P

u3a0bt9.png
Water + Elec (Thunder)
Advantages:
- One of my favourite combinations.
- Water comes with very fast (low cool down and casting time) and powerful skills, such as Drip Bomb, Icey Shackles and Shard of the Glacier
- They also do fairly nice damage for their low cool down. Ignore LordGahnome's post completely, when he said water skills are 'notoriously weak'! They do pretty nice damage, IMO.
- Elec, although not as fast/powerful, is great because of its AoE skills such as Electro Attack (plus the passive effect of Electro Shock, immobolising the target(s)) & Tesla Field (stationary DoT/AoE skill).
- Shard of the Glacier is going to be your best friend when paired with any attack-electric skill, especially if you plan on bossing regularly. It's also quite spammable on its own.
- Simple, easy and fun~

Disadvantages:
- Mildly boring as you'll rely on your Elec skills more for AoE, since single-targeting is a bit meh sometimes, but nonetheless fun as a whole.
- Shard tends to miss randomly, no matter how high your LK is.
- Thunderbolt, although can be quite powerful, does random damage; not always ridiculously high.

DoncXpd.png
Water + Air (Wind)
Advantages:
- Again, very fast skills. On the other hand, wind is not as powerful. Despite that, you'll find Wind Blade to be your most used skill because of the AoE, how quick the casting time is and the low cool down.
- Whirlwind is extremely effective in place such as Fiesta/Mines/Harkon Protect. In Fiesta, you can just stand there in the middle of a bunch of mobs, allowing you to kill them easily. At Mines, you can spam the skill where the spawn spots are and level up easily. As for Harkon Protect, you can kill the mobs rushing towards the Harkon efficiently by only just standing there!
- Since both elements have fast skills, this combination is pretty fun!

Disadvantages:
- Although Whirlwind can be quite effective, if you click off after casting the spell, you will have to wait a while before casting it again. Another disadvantage is that you may find yourself using the skill, and then the mobs run away from you before you finish casting. The casting time is 2.5 seconds, and you could have used 2 other skills by then.

QpXPDHs.png
Air (Wind) + Ground (Earth)
Advantages:
- Fun, fast and efficient because both elements have AoE skills
- Cleaving Terror is a pretty cool AoE that can attack to max. of seven targets!
- Growingly popular amongst PvE players but more towards the Soul Masters than Witches.

Disadvantages:
- Since you want to become a Light Witch, I don't think Earth/Wind is the best combination (?)

ccdwtvM.png
Ground (Earth) + Fire
Advantages:
- Both have AoE skills
- Not the most common choice, so you'll be quite special ;)
- Deadly Fen + Scorching Earth combination; slowing mobs whilst they burn, making it a little more difficult for them to escape before death.

Disadvantages:
- Again, better for Soul Masters.

ccdwtvM.png
Fire + Elec (Thunder)
Advantages:
- First of all, I love this combination. It's great for pretty much everything; PvE/PvP/Power Leveling. It's also great fun, for both Soul Masters and Witches!
- Scorching Earth is a very useful AoE/DoT Skill as you can just place a patch of lava somewhere, and kill other things in the area using Electro Attack whilst the other mobs are getting burned to death (quite sad, but yeah).
- Another great AoE/DoT skill is Phoenix Rising, as it decreases your targets' HP over time, allowing you to kill things faster. The burning effect lasts for a good 15 seconds or so when mastered, too.

Disadvantages:
- Scorching takes a while to cast/has a relatively long cool down, in comparison to other skills
- Phoenix also takes a while to cast with a cool down of 10 seconds, but the duration kind of makes up for it.

My initial stats are 1441, going full MA. Can someone help me with skills(I only have Mana Arrow lvl 10, Cure lvl 10, Invicible Casting and Bottle of Mana lvl 1)?

Is Wind/Water still worth or it's better to go something else?

As for skills:
- Do not level Bottle of Mana, it's not worth it. You only need it in order to get Mist of Mana for the MA buff. You should max. this as soon as you can, as it's an essential skill.
What level are you? (Base/TM) ~this will help me with helping you a lot easier
Wind/Water - It's not a bad combination. It really depends on your preference. If you want to go for it, then go for it. It's not as common as it used to be now, though.

So going Water/Elec is a better option? I remember you being able to combo Shard of Ice(or something along this name) with some Electric skills to do high damage, so might be a good idea. Will the lack of AoEs make leveling too hard, or I will be ok with it? Going Light Witch is something that I don't want to change, so no Soul Master I guess.

Water/Elec is a great combination for both PvE and PvP. The lack of AoE will not make leveling too hard, because you'll still be able to kill things pretty quickly. Both elements' skills do quite high damage IMO. Water/Elec/Light is actually quite a nice combination.

I hope I've helped?
If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me via forum message, or in-game. I'll most likely be on either Magic, Shanny or Lymina.
I hope you have a great day/night~ /4
  • Bongohead, Neal and 3rdratenoob like this

JWtPehv.gif

shanny  lymina promise magic music

asnoobasme

asnoobasme

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMy place is placeless, my trace is traceless. No body no soul I am from the soul of souls
  • IGN:Sasha
  • Class:sheep
  • Level:1

Welcome back.  :D, i really dont know much about water and wind, but i played wind/earth and fire/electric and they're both super fun.. personally i prefer electric more,  spamming wind blade can be really boring despite the fast cd, on the other hand you can watch electro attack bounce over super long distance and less walking needed > better for hunting in general. water electric is the strongest due to ice shard thunderbolt combo, however water is really just a support skill for your lightning ones..

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.                        charmander_gif_by_dragon93_scales.gif

Aryaii

Aryaii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

First of all, welcome back to Trickster! I hope you like it here.

You can find some guides here if you're still unsure after my advice.

In Season 1, my sheep was a Wind + Light Witch (no second attr. element) for grinding purposes, and she levelled extremely fast at Gold Beetles in the Mines. I had about 1.6k MA back then at level 240, with maybe 400 LK. All you really need to do is sit there and spam Whirlwind, Windblade, Radiant Strike and buff up SoH/Light Shield/Mist of Mana every so often. However, I have changed my elements since then, to Water/Elec.

I have about three sheep, and I am Water/Elec on my main, because of the overpowered Shard + Elec combination. I'm not exactly a PvPer, but I did go there quite often. With about 2k MA, 600 LK and around 600% elec attribute, I was able to kill Ed in one Shard + Thunderbolt combo in CT.

I wasn't able to get a screenshot of my damage though, but I have this one of my rough damage from PvP:

Spoiler

After killing Ed:
Spoiler

The different possible element combinations:

Minstrelspell.png

Here's a summary of all the elements/different elemental combinations (in my opinion, of course).

Note:

I don't have a lot of experience with Earth, but I'll try my best. Also, I'm not exactly a sheep pro.

Wait for someone as pro as Bongo to post or something.. :P

u3a0bt9.png
Water + Elec (Thunder)
Advantages:
- One of my favourite combinations.
- Water comes with very fast (low cool down and casting time) and powerful skills, such as Drip Bomb, Icey Shackles and Shard of the Glacier
- They also do fairly nice damage for their low cool down. Ignore LordGahnome's post completely, when he said water skills are 'notoriously weak'! They do pretty nice damage, IMO.
- Elec, although not as fast/powerful, is great because of its AoE skills such as Electro Attack (plus the passive effect of Electro Shock, immobolising the target(s)) & Tesla Field (stationary DoT/AoE skill).
- Shard of the Glacier is going to be your best friend when paired with any attack-electric skill, especially if you plan on bossing regularly. It's also quite spammable on its own.
- Simple, easy and fun~

Disadvantages:
- Mildly boring as you'll rely on your Elec skills more for AoE, since single-targeting is a bit meh sometimes, but nonetheless fun as a whole.
- Shard tends to miss randomly, no matter how high your LK is.
- Thunderbolt, although can be quite powerful, does random damage; not always ridiculously high.

DoncXpd.png
Water + Air (Wind)
Advantages:
- Again, very fast skills. On the other hand, wind is not as powerful. Despite that, you'll find Wind Blade to be your most used skill because of the AoE, how quick the casting time is and the low cool down.
- Whirlwind is extremely effective in place such as Fiesta/Mines/Harkon Protect. In Fiesta, you can just stand there in the middle of a bunch of mobs, allowing you to kill them easily. At Mines, you can spam the skill where the spawn spots are and level up easily. As for Harkon Protect, you can kill the mobs rushing towards the Harkon efficiently by only just standing there!
- Since both elements have fast skills, this combination is pretty fun!

Disadvantages:
- Although Whirlwind can be quite effective, if you click off after casting the spell, you will have to wait a while before casting it again. Another disadvantage is that you may find yourself using the skill, and then the mobs run away from you before you finish casting. The casting time is 2.5 seconds, and you could have used 2 other skills by then.

QpXPDHs.png
Air (Wind) + Ground (Earth)
Advantages:
- Fun, fast and efficient because both elements have AoE skills
- Cleaving Terror is a pretty cool AoE that can attack to max. of seven targets!
- Growingly popular amongst PvE players but more towards the Soul Masters than Witches.

Disadvantages:
- Since you want to become a Light Witch, I don't think Earth/Wind is the best combination (?)

ccdwtvM.png
Ground (Earth) + Fire
Advantages:
- Both have AoE skills
- Not the most common choice, so you'll be quite special ;)
- Deadly Fen + Scorching Earth combination; slowing mobs whilst they burn, making it a little more difficult for them to escape before death.

Disadvantages:
- Again, better for Soul Masters.

ccdwtvM.png
Fire + Elec (Thunder)
Advantages:
- First of all, I love this combination. It's great for pretty much everything; PvE/PvP/Power Leveling. It's also great fun, for both Soul Masters and Witches!
- Scorching Earth is a very useful AoE/DoT Skill as you can just place a patch of lava somewhere, and kill other things in the area using Electro Attack whilst the other mobs are getting burned to death (quite sad, but yeah).
- Another great AoE/DoT skill is Phoenix Rising, as it decreases your targets' HP over time, allowing you to kill things faster. The burning effect lasts for a good 15 seconds or so when mastered, too.

Disadvantages:
- Scorching takes a while to cast/has a relatively long cool down, in comparison to other skills
- Phoenix also takes a while to cast with a cool down of 10 seconds, but the duration kind of makes up for it.

As for skills:
- Do not level Bottle of Mana, it's not worth it. You only need it in order to get Mist of Mana for the MA buff. You should max. this as soon as you can, as it's an essential skill.
What level are you? (Base/TM) ~this will help me with helping you a lot easier
Wind/Water - It's not a bad combination. It really depends on your preference. If you want to go for it, then go for it. It's not as common as it used to be now, though.

Water/Elec is a great combination for both PvE and PvP. The lack of AoE will not make leveling too hard, because you'll still be able to kill things pretty quickly. Both elements' skills do quite high damage IMO. Water/Elec/Light is actually quite a nice combination.

I hope I've helped?
If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me via forum message, or in-game. I'll most likely be on either Magic, Shanny or Lymina.
I hope you have a great day/night~ /4

You are awesome! Thanks for taking your time to explain everything to me, I really appreciate, this pretty much answers all my questions!

Welcome back.   :D, i really dont know much about water and wind, but i played wind/earth and fire/electric and they're both super fun.. personally i prefer electric more,  spamming wind blade can be really boring despite the fast cd, on the other hand you can watch electro attack bounce over super long distance and less walking needed > better for hunting in general. water electric is the strongest due to ice shard thunderbolt combo, however water is really just a support skill for your lightning ones..

Thanks for your input as well!!

And thanks everybody that helped as well! Now its time to level ~