Photo

Charm Survey (Cat/Raccoon)

raccoon cat charm poll personal gain discussion

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Charm Survey (Cat/Raccoon) (40 member(s) have cast votes)

What Stat Build Do You Use?

1. Pure HP (13 votes [32.50%])

Percentage of vote: 32.50%

2. Pure DP (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

3. Pure HV (9 votes [22.50%])

Percentage of vote: 22.50%

4. Pure AP (9 votes [22.50%])

Percentage of vote: 22.50%

5. Pure WT (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Pure LK (0 votes [0.00%])

7. AP/HV (8 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

8. Other (Comment!) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

Paylette

Paylette

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationTurning Salt into Sugar
  • IGN:Temmie
  • Class:Tem
  • Level:300

Hey, so...

I'm honestly curious what kind of charm character you like to play as? I personally use AP/HV and it has its ups and downs... it takes the cake with all multipliers though. I've also played pure HV. Surprisingly, I've NEVER played a pure AP charm type.

Anyways

Please do comment, I'd like to see the various types of statbuilds and answers you bring.

Kita

Kita

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • IGN:BunnyLarua
  • Class:3-E Kunugigaoka J.H.S.

primadonna pure AP, evolution scales purely on base AP (ignores equipment AP).

gambler pure HV, metamorphosis scales purely on base HV (ignores equipment HV).

to point out, metamorphosis and evolution scales only on base stats, they ignore equipment stats.

metamorphosis scales positively with HV and DP (increases the stats), while it scales negatively with AP and LK (decreases the stats).

evolution on the other hand scales positively with AP (increases the stats), while it scales negatively with LK, HV and DP (decreases the stats).

which means, its a waste of stats to put AP on metamorphosis builds, or to put HV on evolution builds.

since both transformation skills only works with base stats, its simpler and much more effective to concentrate on one primary stats instead.

then compounding for the other needed stats, e.g. pure AP stat evolution build with pure HV compounds.

there are other builds that are far flexible, but those two basic builds are standard builds.

other builds like pure HP duke, pure HV duke, pure DP duke, etc. works well in certain aspects.

on one aspect, duke is much better than diva, since metamorphosis multiplies the base HV and DP stat by 3.5times!

where as diva builds ignores evolution entirely, HP, HV and DP works somewhat.

--------------------------

from experience, the most stable and consistent build i've gone with is pure AP primadonna with full HV/HP comps, zero AP comps.

the effects are profound as the base AP can supply the much needed AP, while HV comps are more efficient than HV stats.

on the other hand, the most useless build i've tried is a 1144 DP build duke, it was hilarious as nothing could damage me, but i barely do damage as well.

• Paylette likes this

Paylette

Paylette

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • 611 posts

primadonna pure AP, evolution scales purely on base AP (ignores equipment AP).

gambler pure HV, metamorphosis scales purely on base HV (ignores equipment HV).

to point out, metamorphosis and evolution scales only on base stats, they ignore equipment stats.

metamorphosis scales positively with HV and DP (increases the stats), while it scales negatively with AP and LK (decreases the stats).

evolution on the other hand scales positively with AP (increases the stats), while it scales negatively with LK, HV and DP (decreases the stats).

which means, its a waste of stats to put AP on metamorphosis builds, or to put HV on evolution builds.

since both transformation skills only works with base stats, its simpler and much more effective to concentrate on one primary stats instead.

then compounding for the other needed stats, e.g. pure AP stat evolution build with pure HV compounds.

there are other builds that are far flexible, but those two basic builds are standard builds.

other builds like pure HP duke, pure HV duke, pure DP duke, etc. works well in certain aspects.

on one aspect, duke is much better than diva, since metamorphosis multiplies the base HV and DP stat by 3.5times!

where as diva builds ignores evolution entirely, HP, HV and DP works somewhat.

--------------------------

from experience, the most stable and consistent build i've gone with is pure AP primadonna with full HV/HP comps, zero AP comps.

the effects are profound as the base AP can supply the much needed AP, while HV comps are more efficient than HV stats.

on the other hand, the most useless build i've tried is a 1144 DP build duke, it was hilarious as nothing could damage me, but i barely do damage as well.

For me, AP/HV cat has to have crucial EQ make overs XD But it's worth it, 2-hit Combo does amazing damage

Maverick

Maverick

Selfie Prince 2015

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • IGN:Maverick/Radny
  • Class:healing mage!!!
  • Level:99wc

i like hv/hp

Kita

Kita

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • 427 posts

For me, AP/HV cat has to have crucial EQ make overs XD But it's worth it, 2-hit Combo does amazing damage

you hardly get much HV from that, 2:2 share ratio, at lvl400 you'll only get 50HV from the base stats.

its much easier to gain HV from comps to boot, likewise evolution decreases base HV by 0.7times.

even ignoring evolution, lvl400 pure AP would gain 1600AP, where as lvl400 2AP:2HV would gain 800AP 50HV.

straight up, AP has more effects because you'd be able to utilize raw hits, relying on attr comps to boost the damage.

PS: back in eTO, i've got a lvl260 pure AP primadonna with 7K AP, 1K HV, 50K HP.

the only raw source of AP i had back then was a +10 alti thorny rose.

Paylette

Paylette

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • 611 posts

you hardly get much HV from that, 2:2 share ratio, at lvl400 you'll only get 50HV from the base stats.

its much easier to gain HV from comps to boot, likewise evolution decreases base HV by 0.7times.

in a sense, even ignoring evolution, lvl400 pure AP would gain 1600AP, where as lvl400 2AP:2HV would gain 800AP 50HV.

I see :o I never knew that XD

Paylette

Paylette

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • 611 posts

i like hv/hp

Is it fun? I've never tried it before ^_^,

Kita

Kita

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • 427 posts

I see :o I never knew that XD

well, its how the stats works.

AP grows 1AP per 1point.

HV grows 1HV per 16points.

MA,HV,LK,DA,AC grows 1stat per 4levels (16points).

AP,DP,MD grows 4stat per 1level (4points).

HP,MP grows 30stat per 1level (4points).

WT grows 60stat per 1level (4points).

or comparatively speaking.

1 (MA,HV,LK,DA,AC) = 16 (AP,DP,MD) = 12 (HP,MP) = 240 (WT)

• Paylette likes this

Paylette

Paylette

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • 611 posts

well, its how the stats works.

AP grows 1AP per 1point.

HV grows 1HV per 16points.

MA,HV,LK,DA,AC grows 1stat per 4levels (16points).

AP,DP,MD grows 4stat per 1level (4points).

HP,MP grows 30stat per 1level (4points).

WT grows 60stat per 1level (4points).

or comparatively speaking.

1 (MA,HV,LK,DA,AC) = 16 (AP,DP,MD) = 12 (HP,MP) = 240 (WT)

How'd you figure this all out?

Kita

Kita

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • 427 posts

How'd you figure this all out?

observing the stat growth by putting points in it, though back then i did ask in ggftw forums.

DX by the way takes 12levels to decrease by 1stat.

speaking of stats though, heres some pointers for evolution builds.

*dodge master (mastered)

*evolution (mastered)

evolution has AP x 2.5 and HV,LK,DP x 0.7 multipliers.

lvl400 pure HV = 5614AP 198HV

lvl400 2AP:2HV = 8400AP 149HV

lvl400 pure AP = 11200AP 98HV

sharp scream = (AP + (HV x 16)) x 2.55 = raw damage

lvl400 pure HV = (5614 + (198 x 16)) x 2.55 = 22,394.1

lvl400 2AP:2HV = (8400 + (149 x 16)) x 2.55 = 27,499.2

lvl400 pure AP = (11200 + (98 x 16)) x 2.55 = 32,558.4

raging nail = [(AP ÷ 2) + (HV × 8)] × 364 ÷ 100 = raw damage

lvl400 pure HV = [(5614 ÷ 2) + (198 × 8)] × 364 ÷ 100 = 15,983.2

lvl400 2AP:2HV = [(8400 ÷ 2) + (149 × 8)] × 364 ÷ 100 = 19,626.9

lvl400 pure AP = [(11200 ÷ 2) + (98 × 8)] × 364 ÷ 100 = 23,237.8

Paylette

Paylette

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • 611 posts

observing the stat growth by putting points in it, though back then i did ask in ggftw forums.

DX by the way takes 12levels to decrease by 1stat.

Isn't it different for different graph builds though?

Kita

Kita

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • 427 posts

Isn't it different for different graph builds though?

no not really? it takes exactly the stated levels per stat.

the stat themselves has their own levels, doesn't matter whatever build-graph you choose to go with.

JxjoM4w1.png

Paylette

Paylette

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • 611 posts

no not really? it takes exactly the stated levels per stat.

the stat themselves has their own levels, doesn't matter whatever build-graph you choose to go with.

JxjoM4w1.png

I see... That's really neat! I never really knew the mechanics of stats > w < I wonder why no one changed the multiplyer formula on ggftw though

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • IGN:HangedMan / CloseToYou
  • Class:Gambler / Duke
  • Level:Saiyan
I have played a lot of charm type characters in trickster (both eTO and rTO), I have the tried following builds: HP gambler (rTO) / HP duke (eTO) / HP diva (eTO) / HV gambler (eTO) / AP prima (eTO) / DP diva (eTO) / HP,DP,HV diva (rTO)

So here is my input on each one of those

HP gamber :
My favourite build, power charging and impelling rage is the reason why I love this build. It deals awesome area damage for grinding and clearing out fields, it has inconsistencies issue tho. HP gambler can soak up full house recoils quite well. When I play my HP gambler, I try to reduce my AP as much as possible to minimize recoils, because you will be spamming full house when you are bossing due to it having a skunk pouch like effect. Full house + Power Charging/impelling Rage is an awesome combo to use. Also it is the most fun and engaging build conpared to other because you have to position yourself correctly. Lack of HV is not really much of a problem as I use full house only for the effect and other card skills as filler while waiting power charging and impelling rage to cool down.

HP duke:
A more boring version of HP gambler, more consistent, more tanky due to sumo suit, but less grinding capabilities. Not much to say about this build. A really good build tho.

HP diva:
See HP duke but it gets evolution, useless tbh.

HV gambler:
I like this one too, full house cool down is quite fast so you can easily chain it with your other skiils for good damage, however full house recoils will hurt more too and considering you will more likely has lesser HP, you will spam your HP pots like crazy, it can reach 8k-11k recoils per 'x', more if you have higher HV. It is easier to build this rather than HP based charm character tho, HV have dodge master so it scales well and good for those miss miss miss miss XD HV gambler also have a more consistent form of damage output.

AP Prima:
I made this one just for the sake of having a prima, so do not know much about it. From what I know and see, it deals good damage with Evolution if you stack enough AP and attribute.you can worry about bulk later because it has natural bulk in the form of charm skills such as dodge master, sturdy shield, sumo suit, etc.

DP diva:
More boring version of HP duke (like super boring early game, you might as well watch a youtube video while your cat is killing larvaes in poppuri dungeon), never played it until its high level tho, only until around 130. No form of damage at all until you get siren song. I do not recommend this if this is your first char and you are not well funded. I guess at later level your DP scales well (?). But decent DP should not be too hard to get tho.

HP/DP/HV diva:
Basically the same thing as the other divas, do not really notice anything too different. but I feel that this build is kinda mediocre, maybe due to the really slow growth.

I never liked AP based charm types unless prima, the reason is because if you wanna hit stuffs, just use a power type and it doesnt go well with most of the skills except a few (card skills and volley kick), you also miss on grinding potential. I want to be able to tank and take hits well if i play charm types, unless of course you just loved how charm types looks and you want to play AP melee charm types XD
Spoiler

Paylette

Paylette

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • 611 posts

I see - well even if AP/HV doesn't really do much... I'd still recommend it c: I honestly like hitting

decently and dodging decently, there's a fine balance between both.

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • 534 posts

I see - well even if AP/HV doesn't really do much... I'd still recommend it c: I honestly like hitting
decently and dodging decently, there's a fine balance between both.

That is true, I kinda forget that you have the advantage of being slightly bulkier if you play melee charms, its kinda the same with melee foxes because they like having extra WT and double crit attack and those melee mages (XD)
  • Paylette likes this
Spoiler

pokota

pokota

Tribunal Leviathan 2nd Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • IGN:YetAnotherDPCoon
  • Class:Card Master
  • Level:70

I prefer being pure DP (with a comp emphasis on HP) over anything else, but I will also be the first to admit that it's a boring slog until you get Impelling Rage/Siren Song.

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • IGN:Cannot be left blank

My diva's build is 3124, I have more points in HV than AP but I'm an AP/HV hybrid. My equipment is mainly HP, and I have 2 or 3 HV ones and I always wear 1 AP accessory.

I use AP/attr equipment set for Chaos Tower bosses. Sometimes for gathering quest items I just switch to an attr weapon and use my HP/HV set. [Evolution, Fatal Wound, Beast Claw, One Pair, Volley Kick]

Attr set for CT (left), HV-HP set with attr weapon(right):

ab63fa6da969a5dad6ca6505fd562a4d.jpg  743d19858b07029a9b5a4894ce2ce33a.jpg

At fiesta and PQs I change to HP/HV equipment. [Volley Kick, One Pair, Siren Song, Impelling Rage + HV and DP buffs]

HV-HP set:

3d373aeac509c0e63da93a62220c53b4.jpg

I am AP/HV hybrid because of Evolution skill. I'm planning to reset my stats so I can go pure AP for Evolution and One Pair and attr set. I can get more HV from equipment than from bonus points. And I won't go pure HP because I use Evolution and I like that skill. I checked my stats with a calculator mentioned on the main wiki page and I would be better with pure AP stats ^^ http://fungaah.awardspace.com/

[sidenote: I don't have WT problems with the reduced potions' and cards' WT yaaay]

Edit: on the pictures there are only un-buffed stats

• Paylette and Neal like this

9l0zUv3.png

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • 534 posts

those evolution/meta skill is a bummer if you are focusing on HP, I really hate when I am on the wrong quick slot and accidentally pressed meta skill, since the 3rd time it happened I removed it from quick slot XD they do look sexy tho  B)

I did not know such trickster calculator exist :o thanks Nariann

Spoiler

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • IGN:Cannot be left blank

those evolution/meta skill is a bummer if you are focusing on HP, I really hate when I am on the wrong quick slot and accidentally pressed meta skill, since the 3rd time it happened I removed it from quick slot XD they do look sexy tho  B)

I did not know such trickster calculator exist :o thanks Nariann

You're welcome ^^

And yeah... happened to me too with Evo >.>

9l0zUv3.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: raccoon, cat, charm, poll, personal gain, discussion