Photo

Tartarus Difficulty

Tartarus Monsters Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Tartarus Difficulty Poll (98 member(s) have cast votes)

I want Tartarus monster difficutly level ...

1. Increase (5 votes [5.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.10%

2. Stay the same as of now (25 votes [25.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.51%

3. Decrease (68 votes [69.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.39%

Vote

Vitamilk

Vitamilk

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

I vote for decrease for the ff. reasons

1.)Speed of monsters is like 2x of don xD

-i mean at least make them slow them that we can outrun them ( by luck).

2.)Monsters do really hurt,

-they hurt like 30k per hit (i was referring to fireball dudes) i say just decrease to a percent such that it will take a party to kill a boss and also invite more players to try the dungeon, we're an MMo if you've noticed

XDDD

Zen

Zen

FB Admin & General Moderator

• Moderators
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island
  • IGN:[Mod]Zen
  • Class:Gladiator
  • Level:325

Will the Witch's Dungeon entrance in Snow Hill ever be made into an actual "You can't actually survive here but good luck trying" thing, or will it remain as a level cap joke?

(I haven't actually been to Tartarus yet so I don't know if it's too hard or not)

But, The Witch's Dungeon is an inaccessible map as of S2. You remember the boat that you spawned on? Where you'd then talk to Stan and get off at Coral Beach to do the tutorial? That's the Witch's Dungeon. I still have a few characters in there!

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • IGN:HangedMan / CloseToYou
  • Class:Gambler / Duke
  • Level:Saiyan

I really wanted it to stay the same. it is solo-able as melting said earlier by the almighty MrGlock.

However as much as I wanted it to stay at the same difficulty, I do not think it is fair for people who chooses class like soul masters and gunners who just stand little to no chance at all in tartarus due to their very low survivability and their need of really hax LK to actually land a hit [not saying they are weak or whatevs, in fact I love playing my SM, so do not come to me saying blah blah blah about this class]. Then again it is also true for Requiem Ed to a much much lesser extent.

So I do not know what to vote, I am gonna wait and see.

Spoiler

Tinyx

Tinyx

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • IGN:Tinyx/TinyUsopp
  • Class:Gladiator/Scientist
  • Level:38x/33x

No no no! its depend man! bad buff is only 10% in b1 and b2 thats mean you can beat the first boss alone get lv320 Seoul set and then jump to B3 and B4 without get the effect of bad buff

• NarutoUzumaki likes this

NarutoUzumaki

NarutoUzumaki

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

No no no! its depend man! bad buff is only 10% in b1 and b2 thats mean you can beat the first boss alone get lv320 Seoul set and then jump to B3 and B4 without get the effect off bad buff

Plus we could combat Bad buff with soul weapons if soul weapon produciton worked

Why must guardians have AI of a sweet potato?  :(

powahpow

powahpow

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • IGN:Ar2vick
  • Class:Gladiator
  • Level:34X

I don't think this Tartarus Dungeon is meant for solo run. And if having party doesn't do it, only then I support to decrease difficulty. 

Also, what are these Seoul Eqs?

Tinyx

Tinyx

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • IGN:Tinyx/TinyUsopp
  • Class:Gladiator/Scientist
  • Level:38x/33x

I don't think this Tartarus Dungeon is meant for solo run. And if having party doesn't do it, only then I support to decrease difficulty. 

Also, what are these Seoul Eqs?

this is one of Seoul gear
vry7hc.png

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • IGN:LinaInverse
  • Class:Witch
  • Level:400

I voted for decrease, but only because I can't do it :lol: 

As a note, I tried it with another player, I didn't go alone.  I'm WAY to squishy to try tartarus alone.

For everyone saying "challenge" that's insane.  Yes, Glock did it.  That's great.  But power-types typically have an edge over other types and Glock is an exceptional player.  I've been on this server for awhile, and Glock was amazing when I was a newbie, so that doesn't shock me.

I'm level 400, my eqs aren't exactly terrible and I can't hit anything at all, and die in about 5 hits (light witch, not easy to kill me typicially).  While I get some power-types can accomplish this, it feels essentially out-of-reach for many magic type (that aren't DLs...I bet a strong DL can manage or a strong water/elec SM)  I have no idea what stats I would even need to shoot for to make this even, theoretically, possible.

So I vote decrease, but if they keep it as is, I just won't go to tartarus.  If they decide to keep it as a "reach" for players to try, that's totally fine with me, I just won't put in the time for it.  Either way, I'm still happy the team put in effort to get it for us. :wub:   You guys rock thanks!!!

• NarutoUzumaki and Mizzo like this

NarutoUzumaki

NarutoUzumaki

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

I voted for decrease, but only because I can't do it :lol:

As a note, I tried it with another player, I didn't go alone.  I'm WAY to squishy to try tartarus alone.

For everyone saying "challenge" that's insane.  Yes, Glock did it.  That's great.  But power-types typically have an edge over other types and Glock is an exceptional player.  I've been on this server for awhile, and Glock was amazing when I was a newbie, so that doesn't shock me.

I'm level 400, my eqs aren't exactly terrible and I can't hit anything at all, and die in about 5 hits (light witch, not easy to kill me typicially).  While I get some power-types can accomplish this, it feels essentially out-of-reach for many magic type (that aren't DLs...I bet a strong DL can manage or a strong water/elec SM)  I have no idea what stats I would even need to shoot for to make this even, theoretically, possible.

So I vote decrease, but if they keep it as is, I just won't go to tartarus.  If they decide to keep it as a "reach" for players to try, that's totally fine with me, I just won't put in the time for it.  Either way, I'm still happy the team put in effort to get it for us. :wub:   You guys rock thanks!!!

I think someone said something about even 1100 LK not being enaugh for magic types to hit tartarus monters IDK how we're gonna get even more than 1,1k LK

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • IGN:LinaInverse
  • Class:Witch
  • Level:400

I think someone said something about even 1100 LK not being enaugh for magic types to hit tartarus monters IDK how we're gonna get even more than 1,1k LK

Oh my yeah, no tartarus for me.  Thank you very much for telling me :D

• NarutoUzumaki likes this

Bongohead

Bongohead

Tree Sap

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • IGN:Geepie
  • Level:399.9

ImperiouS said we need 5k LK...

Edit: I think it's a waste of time to keep thinking of powering the monster up (or nerfing them) while the real issue seems to be the debuff. It's just another one of the duct tape "solutions" they've came up with.

Releasing this dungeon as it is was a huge mistake.

• Nayh and NarutoUzumaki like this

Kita

Kita

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • IGN:BunnyLarua
  • Class:3-E Kunugigaoka J.H.S.

i voted increase, but only on the boss part, the mobs are already hard as it is.

tartarus should be the first place that shouldn't be solo-able.

if ever though, nerf mob's movement speed, its ridiculously fast, i mean do they have a +9000% kitty sprint or something?

this is one of Seoul gear
vry7hc.png

this isn't a random-stat equip right? this is insane.

Raiider

Raiider

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • IGN:Frostbiite
  • Class:Priest

Honestly it should just stay the same, in the Korean version Tartarus was HARD. If they keep just giving us handouts this game will become boring to some and die out. 

NarutoUzumaki

NarutoUzumaki

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Honestly it should just stay the same, in the Korean version Tartarus was HARD. If they keep just giving us handouts this game will become boring to some and die out. 

That's what we want... Tartarus as it was on the korean version. At the moment all the monsters were made 2x stronger by gms (also 5000 lk is needed for magic types to even hit monsters) :D

pipermell

pipermell

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationHere
  • IGN:Lucy07/XxxYuukoxxX
  • Class:Witch/SM
  • Level:25x/17x

I think its ok to have a challenge and something to promote team work, but one thing is asking for help because you can do damage but cant kill it alone, and another thing is joining a party and staying in a corner trying to survive because the monsters are so strong that you cant do anything else other than trying not to die o3o

A challenge is one thing, I quitted a while ago and came back because I saw they were releasing Tartarus and I really wanted to do it, so I started working on my characters again just to enter, but I cant even hit the monsters and they hit me like 4 out of 5 hits and Im usually dead by the 3rd hit x.x and knowing that people that are way stronger than me cant do anything is not really encouraging.

We appreciate the fact that you really worked hard to gives us this content which we didnt have in eTO, its really great you are even willing to listen to us and change it.

But some people need to remember we arent all cashers and we arent all super hax, and even those that are, sometimes the class you have can put you in a disadvantage so try to be a bit more understanding.

• Vis, Bongohead and NarutoUzumaki like this

c4WGlpO1.png

Credits to Rietta <3

Lucy07-Fire/Electric/Light Witch

XxxYuukoxxX-Water/Electric Soul Master

XxFujoshiChanxX-Wind/Earth Soul Master

NoCreativity-Gladiator

XxxHolicxxX-Champion

SeekNStrike

SeekNStrike

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • IGN:Necalli
  • Class:Mercenary

I wouldn't mind just the monster difficulty be like in original Tartarus, but to me it's also good like it is at the same time....

Kita

Kita

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • IGN:BunnyLarua
  • Class:3-E Kunugigaoka J.H.S.

of the current mobs difficulty, we can all agree that these is what makes them hard.

extremely high magic evasion (requires 5000LK to hit?)

extremely fast movement speed (they have kitty sprints!)

extremely high damage output (50K HP is not enough buffer)

the rest are just so-so, so to balance this out.

it would be good if we make the monsters slow (barely faster than a regular char's movement speed without kitty sprint?)

reduce magic evasion so that it only requires 2000LK or so to consistently hit.

reduce their attack speed so that their massive damage output wouldn't be impossible to recover from, getting mobbed though is still deadly.

to make some compensations, it would be wise to give them a boost in resistances, and their MD and DP as well.

for the boss though, i think its a bit easy, in a sense the boss is barely harder than the mobs.

if you think about it, a "boss" should make people think "i'd rather fight the mobs than fight the boss".

fate0023

fate0023

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Well imp mentioned that they were 2x the actual tartarus, so if a decrease were to happen i guess it will be 1/2 of what we have now

Nahiko

Nahiko

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAustralia =3
  • IGN:Kamelot
  • Class:Cat(Pure)
  • Level:200+

I feel the difficulty should stay the same, its currently very challenging and gives me something to work towards being able to complete. 

If a nerf were to happen though i wouldn't only recommend that you lower mob evasion and movement speed, no need to go overboard on the nerf...

Fishae

Fishae

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

the problem is, in trickster, hard just means need a bigger wallet

the problem with teamwork is the loot, unless the boss drops one for every person, theres gonna be drama sooner or later

• Vis likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tartarus, Monsters, Poll