Photo

Trickster Resolution Changer v3.1 (08/29/2015) Fix: Character Selection out of place

window windowed resolution full screen fullscreen

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

morizuki

morizuki

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • IGN:morizuki
  • Class:Engineering

Trickster Resolution Changer

Hey fellow trickster.

I made a Simple Batch File to change your Resolution for your Trickster Window. I saw an Instruction to change your resolution on a step by step instruction, but some people who isn't technical stuff or scared to change the files in game, I made it in a Batch File that automated the whole steps. You just choose your Width and Height and done.

I also saw a thread like this here and it seems it's not updated anymore and has a problem on the "Access Violation" where that file modifying something on the Trickster.bin(correct me if I'm wrong). But this Simple Batch is just copying some file, renaming it and changing the height and width on the Registry.

Instruction:

1. Extract this on the root of your Game folder or Playtrickster folder. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Playtrickster\Resolution Changer.bat)
  2. Check your Monitor Resolution by Right Clicking on the Desktop>Screen Resolution>Get the Resolution Recommended
  3. Right click Resolution Changer.bat and Run as Administrator
  4. Choose your Width and Height, preferably the same as your Monitor Resolution or below..
  5. Choose if you want to have a larger Chat Bar, you can input any size you want as long as it is above the default number.
  6. and your done.

Glitches:

• One thing I notice is some GUI are glitching or out of place on a Higher Resolution. This is normal for this as it is not really supported for Higher Resolution
  • Another thing is the Black Bar on Top, Left, Right and Bottom. This is also normal on Higher Resolution, Be sure to change your Monitor Resolution Higher than the Trickster.
  • Wallpaper are small. This is also normal as the wallpaper are made for 1024x768,

Screenshots

• Resolution

Spoiler

• Chat Bar Length
Spoiler

F.A.Q.

1. Question: Why won't you be having Bigger Mini-Map?
    Answer: See Post #10

Changelog:

• v3.1 (08/29/2015)
    • Fixed: Character Selection Screen out of place
    • Fixed: Wallpaper, Buttons, UI, Login etc. out of place for lower than 1024 resolution
  • v3 (08/29/2015)
    • Added: Customize Chat Bar. You can now set the chat bar to be smaller or bigger.
  • v2 (08/27/2015)
    • Added: Custom Resolution. Input any resolution you want.
    • Added: Start Game when done..
  • v1.4 (08/27/2015)
    • Fixed: Choose either the letter of the width and height or the resolution pixel(e.g. 1280 instead of w2) Replaced this on v2,
  • v1.3 (08/26/2015)
    • Added: Read Me.txt inside the zip file.
  • v1.2 (08/26/2015)
    • Fixed: Doesn't copy/rename files for people who install it in a folder that has a SPACE on folder name
  • v1.1 (08/26/2015)
    • Added: Full Screen Mode
  • v1.0 (08/26/2015)
    • Created the Resolution Changer.

Attached Files

• Morter, Pupu, caiocaio and 16 others like this

talestyrone

talestyrone

Rose Garden Explorer

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationPlaying Trickster
  • IGN:AgilityCarrier
  • Class:Cat
  • Level:???

+1, This works like a dream, the only thing that I would wish to see in Trickster is a way to zoom out to see more of the map, I know it's possible with higher resolutions but my computer can't run higher resolutions :P (My brother showed me 1080p and it looked insane)

• morizuki likes this

Posted Image

Posted ImageBLOOD FLOWERPosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Flannel

Flannel

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • IGN:Flannel
  • Class:Wizard

I'm a little iffy about trusting this, but if it works, then hooray!

If I start having problems with resolution again (which i did beforehand orz) I'll keep this in mind.

Become the wings of rebellion, that breaketh thy chains of captivity.

morizuki

morizuki

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

I'm a little iffy about trusting this, but if it works, then hooray!

If I start having problems with resolution again (which i did beforehand orz) I'll keep this in mind.

In any case it didn't work, tell me about it so we can solve what's wrong.

morizuki

morizuki

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

SOON UPDATE

BIGGER CHAT BAR AND BIGGER MAP FOR HIGHER RESOLUTION.

Hey guys,

I'm currently done making the Chat Bar bigger or relatively to your Resolution.

This is the sample of the Chat bar from Original 1024 * 768 to a Higher Resolution without changing the Chat Bar and to the Higher Resolution with changing the Chat Bar.

Just remember this, The Higher the Resolution, the smaller the text and so on. The Smaller the Resolution, the bigger the text and so on.

Original 1024 * 768 with Original ChatUI (it will be big because your resolution is smaller 1024x768, it is like magnifying the game)

Spoiler

1280x720 with Original ChatUI (it became smaller cause your resolution got higher.)

Spoiler

1280x720 with Modified ChatUI

Spoiler

Tell me if the Modified ChatUI is still smaller, I just made it relatively to your Width Resolution.

The next one is the MAP

Here is a screenshot of both the Smaller Map from the Original Resolution to a Higher Resolution. But there are still problem and glitches so it is still not done yet.

Smaller Map

Spoiler

Bigger Map(some glitch)

Spoiler

• Iciar likes this

pokota

pokota

Tribunal Leviathan 2nd Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • IGN:YetAnotherDPCoon
  • Class:Card Master
  • Level:70

Ooooh, I'm excite for this; I haven't been mucking around with resizing my screen for a while because I have the chat box customsized and don't want to manually change it again.

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • IGN:Tenma
  • Class:
  • Level:Watanabe

do I need Java for this ? 

BRUhmQq.gif

morizuki

morizuki

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

do I need Java for this ? 

Nope. you don't need it.

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • IGN:Tenma
  • Class:
  • Level:Watanabe

ooo guess I'l try it then xD

BRUhmQq.gif

morizuki

morizuki

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

BIGGER MAP won't be implemented

Sad to say guys, I can't implement the Bigger Map until I find where I can edit the MAP Border. If it can't be edited. There will be a glitch that you can't point your Mouse on a certain ICON Outside the Border of the Map like the NPC, Portal etc.

I hope anyone can pin point this to me. Anyway  It should really look when you have a bigger map like this, well it's a little exaggerated because i'm testing something. hahah..

I will just launch the Modified Chat Bar tomorrow. For now I rest.

Spoiler

morizuki

morizuki

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Added a Screenshot and Implement the Customized Length of Chat Bar.

Pierrot

Pierrot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • IGN:Righteous
  • Class:Inventor

Do i have to repeat the steps everytime I start a client?

morizuki

morizuki

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Do i have to repeat the steps everytime I start a client?

Nope just once. And if you would like to change it again, run the batch file

morizuki

morizuki

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • v3.1 (08/29/2015)
    • Fixed: Character Selection Screen out of place
    • Fixed: Wallpaper, Buttons, UI, Login etc. out of place for lower than 1024 resolution

Cyuutai

Cyuutai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you thank you thank~~ I've put off playing TO because my resolution was reset and I don't have the patience to fiddle with everything for custom resolution and custom sized chat bar because urghhhb playing such a small resolution windowed game on my big screen is terrribleee

Pierrot

Pierrot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • IGN:Righteous
  • Class:Inventor

Oh yea, I also realised the glitch with Myshop. Are you able to fix that? 

morizuki

morizuki

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Thank you thank you thank~~ I've put off playing TO because my resolution was reset and I don't have the patience to fiddle with everything for custom resolution and custom sized chat bar because urghhhb playing such a small resolution windowed game on my big screen is terrribleee

no problem.just give it a like :D

Oh yea, I also realised the glitch with Myshop. Are you able to fix that? 

What kind of problem, could you post some screenshot?

what resolution are you using so I can test it out and figure it out the problem.

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean, based on Cait's Guide:My Shop, Login Screen and Fortune Telling are among the graphics glitches you will see when using a custom resolution. It is not supported by Higher Resolution. I can't do nothing about it unless I can decode the NRI File.

ArkStrike

ArkStrike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:ArkStrike
  • Class:Dragon
  • Level:20

Thanks a lot for this fix! I just downloaded the game and I was looking for a guide to do this again but wow you made it so much easier! Last time it was a pain to get it right plus yeah it was scary to modify all those files.

I'll let you know if I find any bugs, glitches or shenanigans!

• morizuki likes this

ArkStrike

ArkStrike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:ArkStrike
  • Class:Dragon
  • Level:20

There seems to be an issue with the character creating screen, I'm wasn't sure if it was related to the Resolution fix but it did work again once I set it with the patch to the default.

I didn't take a screenshot but it basically was all in the upper left corner stuck together and you couldn't see much or even get back to the selection screen, I had to alt+f4 to get out.

Bug: Entering the character selection screen will throw an error about a file not found and the creation page will be unusable.

Fix: Set the resolution to the default 1024x768.

I didn't take see the name of the file but it was an UI file I think.

morizuki

morizuki

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

There seems to be an issue with the character creating screen, I'm wasn't sure if it was related to the Resolution fix but it did work again once I set it with the patch to the default.

I didn't take a screenshot but it basically was all in the upper left corner stuck together and you couldn't see much or even get back to the selection screen, I had to alt+f4 to get out.

Bug: Entering the character selection screen will throw an error about a file not found and the creation page will be unusable.

Fix: Set the resolution to the default 1024x768.

I didn't take see the name of the file but it was an UI file I think.

Hi. based on Cait's Guide:My Shop, Creating Character and Fortune Telling are among the graphics glitches you will see when using a custom resolution. It is not supported by Higher Resolution. I can't do nothing about it unless I can decode the NRI File.

Also please tell me what file are missing so I can test it out. What resolution also did you use. Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: window, windowed, resolution, full screen, fullscreen