Photo

PvE Dragon Guide (Skeleton, All Element Combinations)

Dragon PvE Wizard Priest Dark Lord Magician Shaman

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • IGN:Fumihiko/Shuri
  • Class:Priest/Gambler
  • Level:22x/17x

PvE Dragon Guide

Index

Introduction

• Disclaimers and notes
  • Why Play the Dragon?

Stats and Build

Shaman

• Skills
  • 2nd Job Advancement

Pure Magician (Light)

• Skills
  • 3rd Job Advancement
  • Priest Build

Pure Magician (Dark)

• Skills
  • 3rd Job Advancement
  • Dark Lord Build

Hybrid Magician

• Skills (Light)
  • Skills (Dark)
  • 3rd Job Advancement
  • Introduction to the Wizard
  • The Individual Elements
  • The Elemental Combinations
  • Relevant Wizard/Bard Skills
  • Wizard Builds

Equipment

Questing

• Story Quests
  • Key Quests
  • TM Quests

Other Levelling Options

• Chaos Tower
  • Fiesta

Version History

Introduction

Disclaimers and Notes

I’ve been playing Trickster all the way back in the early days of eTO, and I’ve brought 2 Dragons to 3rd Job since: a Dark Wizard, and a Priest. This guide is meant to help new Dragon players, at least to their 3rd Job advancement, which is where my knowledge fades out a bit. I hope to keep updating this guide as I go.

This guide is heavily inspired by RPGamer’s Arrow Rush guide, which, while outdated, still remains one of the more comprehensive Dragon Guides, and can be found here: http://ggftw.com/for...agon-guide.html

This guide aims to provide a more updated view and strategy to play the PvE Dragon, specific to the Playtrickster private server. This guide is not applicable to PvP/GvG Dragons, with apologies. Equipment/Skill Builds are done very differently in those cases. I have no experience with them, and have no plans to try it out.

So…Why Play the Dragon?

Hot androgynous men (lbr the Magician sprite is one of the hottest PCs in the game) killing things with the power of explosions! What not to love?

With a big range of Buffs and Debuffs and single-target skills for a majority of their 2nd Job, Dragons tend to be to the slower levelling class of the 2 Magic classes. However, once they get their shield skills, some of the most solid shield buffs (and one of the earlier worthwhile shield buffs), they pick up and really hold their own in PvE. They can either be extremely efficient single-target boss killers as Dark Lords, effective tanky mob cleaners as Priests, or a mixture of both with the right Hybrid combination as Wizard. If any of the three sound appealing to you, give the Dragon a try! And let the bishie win you over.

Mains: Fumihiko - 22x Priest | Shuri - 17x Gambler | MiharuMidorikawa - 11x Wind/Earth/Melee Bard

To Create: Merm - AP Cat | ClearSeragaki - Scientist in training | Ryuuren - Dark Hybrid remake from eTO

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Stats and Build

When you begin, you are first asked to create a build graph for your character, which looks like this:

(Image coming soon!)

The 4 “traits” determine the rate of growth for three stats of your character each. As a Magic Type, your Magic growth is locked into 4, the maximum growth. However, the other three types, Power, Charm, and Sense, are there for you to play with.

In-depth into each stat

Spoiler

Builds

Any build with more than a 1 in Power will not be covered, as that will be for melee mage builds, which is a whole other ball game that I do plan on covering once I get further on my Sheep. (In the mean time, Khloebunni’s got a nice one here: http://board.playtri...ee-magic-types/ )

For all Builds, I recommend putting all your growth points into MA. It’s simply the most economical way of doing damage, and gives you the most liberty on what stats to compound your gear with.

Your default build, this is a solid build for any Mage path you choose. You have quite a lot of LK and WT, and your HP growth is enough to take you through the fragile first stages. Great for beginners and those who do not have much MyShop.

One of the most popular builds amongst mages. While the initial stages feel very tedious because you will die if you don’t play carefully enough, once the HP compoundable accessories and shields come in, and once you get your Shield skills, you will be able to make up for your lack of tankiness. Might not be best for beginners or non-funded characters, but if you are funded or this is your second or third character, go for it.

Builds without a 3 in Sense are usually looked down upon, but I personally like these builds for PvE. Light Dragons don’t need as much LK to get their attacks to hit, and even then, magic gear and staffs give LK and most staffs compound for LK as well. At Lvl 190, my Priest has had no problems with mobs at all. Good for players who want a tanky mage but still want LK and WT.

This build has never been highly recommended due to the low LK and WT, and after trying out a 4411 Sheep, I can say that a 1 in Sense really kills due to your low LK. Mana Arrow hits just fine, but Arrow Rush will have a hard time hitting for awhile until you get some really good gear. If you can fund it though, having the high HP and HV makes you almost invincible in PvE.

Mains: Fumihiko - 22x Priest | Shuri - 17x Gambler | MiharuMidorikawa - 11x Wind/Earth/Melee Bard

To Create: Merm - AP Cat | ClearSeragaki - Scientist in training | Ryuuren - Dark Hybrid remake from eTO

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Shaman

Arrow Rush Shaman Build

Magical Soul M

Mana Arrow 5

Invincible Casting

Mana Arrow 10

Cure 10

Bottle of Mana 1

Mist Of Mana M

Arrow Rush 5

(Total Points = 50)

The standard build for any magic type character, really. Arrow Rush will be your greatest asset for a majority of the game – it’s an accurate, strong, single target skill that will usually be able to OHKO what your later skills may not.

Mana Arrow and Cure are left at Lvl 10 so you can get Arrow Rush. This is also to conserve on points until the pacts are acquired, as the pure Light Dragon in particular guzzles up TM points.

Skill Descriptions

Spoiler

2nd Job Advancement

I’m not sure if many know this, but now to advance to 2nd Job you only need 3x 100k Galder checks, not the 1 million one that it used to be in eTO. You already get a 100k check at Lvl 50, and the quests at Gate of Caballa Relics give you 200k Galder, so money wise you shouldn’t have too much of a problem.

You then need a Growth Badge, which you get as a drop from Kaboom in Caballa Relics Dungeon 4. Kaboom does a lot of damage at your level, so try to get somebody to help you, as the Growth Badges are untradeable. (You can PM if you want, though I’m not usually online during school periods.)

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Light Magician (Pure)

Take me to Church build

Arrow Rush M

Mana Arrow M

Cure M

Light Pact Acquire

Light Arrow M

Mana Shield 10

Light Shield M

Shield of Heaven M

(Total Points so far = 120)

Between the two pure dragons, this build is admittedly much, much slower. We pick off mastering your remaining first job skills, then start building up our 2nd Job skills. RPgamer recommends getting Radiant Strike before Shield of Heaven for the trials, but I put Shield of Heaven as priority as it honestly makes the trials a lot easier.

Skill Descriptions

Spoiler

3rd Job Advancement

The reason why you started this game. Before beginning the quests, make sure that you have:

3 x 1 million Galder checks, bought from Andrew at Megalopolis.

1 x Shiny Diamond, dropped by Captain Arman. It’s pretty uncommon, but still not unbearably rare.

1 x Ticket of the Valiant, dropped by Cluricans in the Jade Mines, or dug up in Black Swamp Fields and Black Swamp Dungeons. I recommend the Black Swamp Dungeons – they dug up like like hotcakes for me there.

1 x Sacred Water, dug up in the Black Swamp Fields.

1 x Harkon, which can be drilled up in Techichi Fields, Tapasco Fields, Black Ash Dungeon Fields and Tapasco Spa Fields. Also given as a final reward from Blacksmith Marx in the Snow Mine and Tapasco Mine quests. The most common way is to collect the Harkon as the final reward in Blacksmith Marx’s quest in the Snow Mine. I recommend you bring a friend who has already completed the quest – they can help you compound stones.

3 x Magnetite, 3 x Brass, 3 x Glass Piece and 3 x Magic Powder, dropped by Iron Knight, Brass Knight, Bone Warrior and Bone Magician respectively. They used to be annoyingly rare, but they’re much less frustrating to find now. Would take about an hour to farm them I think, or you could buy em. They go on the market for around 500k.

The Trials

As long as you keep Light Shield and Shield of Heaven up, the only thing that will prove a challenge to you is the time limit. With LS and SoH active, the Tribunal Leviathans’ infamous Siren Song took off about 1/3-1/2 of my Priest’s SoH bar (I did have a 3 in Charm though, so I was stacking MA quite a bit). Lure out targets one at a time, Alternate Arrow rush and Light Arrow, and you should do fine. The one enemy I will tell you to be particularly careful about is the Tribunal Addax – their Entrancing Wink is annoying and makes you lose precious time. Also make sure you really lure the Tribunal Tooth Flower out as much as you can, so that you don’t get two or three of them chaining Faint on you.

I recommend trying to get around 10-12k HP for the trials, whatever feels comfortable (and so you can survive Siren Song in case SoH times out at the wrong time), then dedicate the rest to MA.

Priest

Take me to Church build continued

Mana Storm 10

Radiant Strike M

Mana Ring 10

Light Wave M

Searing Light M

Celestial Strike M

Oath of Light M

Sacred Oath M

Revival M

Refreshing Dew M

(Total Points = 265)

These are your core skills and after these, nothing else is extremely essential. From this point on, you get whatever else suits your needs.

Phew! We’ve finally made it to 3rd Job. The painful levelling with only two single target skills is finally going to pay off, because now you get all your beautiful AoEs! Radiant Strike will be your main grinding skill for a long time until you can get enough MA to OHKO for Searing Light. Every attacking Light skill is acquired first to power up Celestial Strike.

Skill Descriptions

Spoiler

• iSkadi likes this

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Dark Magician (Pure)

Reaper Build

Arrow Rush M

Mana Arrow M

Dark Pact Acquire

Hellfire 10

Wicked Flame 10

Dark Lance 10

Mana Shield 10

Dark Barrier M

(Total Points so Far = 119)

As a Dark Magician, you get a slew of fun offensive skills to work with both before and for the trials. Most skills are left at Level 10 so you can create a nice core to go into the trials with.  

Skill Descriptions

Spoiler

3rd Job Advancement

The reason why you started this game. Before beginning the quests, make sure that you have:

1 x Adamantite and 1 x Alexandrite, which can be drilled up in Tapasco Mine, if I’m not wrong.

1 x Ticket of the Valiant, dropped by Cluricans in the Jade Mines, or dug up in Black Swamp Fields and Black Swamp Dungeons. I recommend the Black Swamp Dungeons – they dug up like like hotcakes for me there.

1 x Harkon, which can be drilled up in Techichi Fields, Tapasco Fields, Black Ash Dungeon Fields and Tapasco Spa Fields. Also given as a final reward from Blacksmith Marx in the Snow Mine and Tapasco Mine quests. The most common way is to collect the Harkon as the final reward in Blacksmith Marx’s quest in the Snow Mine. I recommend you bring a friend who has already completed the quest – they can help you compound stones.

3 x Magnetite, 3 x Brass, 3 x Glass Piece and 3 x Magic Powder, dropped by Iron Knight, Brass Knight, Bone Warrior and Bone Magician respectively. They used to be annoyingly rare, but they’re much less frustrating to find now. Would take about an hour to farm them I think, or you could buy em. They go on the market for around 500k.

The Trials

Always have Dark Barrier up, but just be aware: monsters towards the end can still do quite big chunks to you. Like the Light Dragon, it’s most advisable to lure the monsters out individually – a much easier job for you as you have a fantastic DoT in Wicked Flame. Always launch out a Hellfire first, then alternate Arrow Rush and Dark Lance until they drop dead. Be aware of the Tribunal Addax’s Entrancing Wink, the Tribunal Tooth Flower’s Faint, the Tribunal Madam Moncher’s Berserk and the Tribunal Leviathan’s infamous Siren Song, which still does quite a bit even with Dark Barrier.

I recommend having about 12-15k HP for the trials, or enough for you to comfortably survive a crit Siren Song, then stack MA for the rest of  your gear.

Dark Lord

Reaper Build Continued

Hellfire M

Wicked Flame M

Dark Lance M

Scythe 10

Rust 10

Fear 1

Dark Commando 1

Ghostly Whisper M

Dark Commando M

Blood Testament M

Scythe M

Fear M

Staff of Agony M

Dark Assimilation M

(Total Points = 242)

These are your core skills and after these, nothing else is extremely essential. From this point on, you get whatever else suits your needs.

3rd Job, and more single target offensive skills for you to play around with. This build focuses on you getting your only useful AoE, Ghostly Whisper, first. As such, a lot of the skills are learnt then left at lower levels as they are pre-requisites and you can rely on Dark Lance for the most part.  You then get the rest of your Single Target skills and master your remaining skills.

Skill Descriptions

Spoiler

• iSkadi likes this

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Introduction to the Wizard

Wizards can be a great, great deal of fun with their versatility. The bard skills are interesting in that they get five elements, in which there are specific combinations of two that you can choose from. They’re pretty flashy, and can be great complements to your already great shields and skills from your 2nd Job pacts.

Light Magician (Hybrid)

Slow but Steady Build

Arrow Rush M

Mana Arrow M

Cure M

Light Pact Acquire

Mana Shield 10

Light Shield M

Shield of Heaven M

(Total Points = 107, 13 points free)

This build is gonna be a little painful up until the trials, but please bear with it! We save up on points so that we can immediately learn our elemental skills, and Hybrid Light Magicians can afford to not learn Light Arrow because honestly, it’s kinda meh, especially with the elemental skills. If you are really really struggling just getting by with Arrow Rush, you can learn Mana Storm as an intermediate step to Radiant Strike. You won’t have any points free though, however.

Please refer to the Light Magician (Pure) Section for skill descriptions.

Dark Magician (Hybrid)

Frollo Build

Arrow Rush M

Mana Arrow M

Dark Pact Acquire

Hellfire M

Wicked Flame M

Mana Shield 10

Dark Barrier M

(Total Points = 108, 12 points free)

Unlike the Light Magician, you don’t have any big TM Point guzzlers like Shield Of Heaven. We save up points by skipping Dark Lance, which is nifty, but not necessary, especially with Hellfire.

Please refer to the Dark Magician (Pure) Section for skill descriptions.

3rd Job Advancement

1 x Green Emerald, which drops from Merrow. Pretty common IIRC.

The Trials

Much of what I’ve written in the Pure Dragon sections apply here. However, the Hybrid Light Magician will need to rely on hit and run tactics a lot more, since they only have Arrow Rush. Dark Magicians will still be fine – you don’t have Dark Lance, but Hellfire and Arrow Rush should be more than enough.

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

The Individual Elements

Water

Moderately strong single-target skills, with fast start-ups and cooldowns. The Freeze from Shard of the Glacier is also nice. A good element for fast and efficient grinding.  

Electric

Another popular element, and for good reason. Strong attacks with moderately good startup times, and interesting target-centered AoE make an effective element regardless of combination. Electroshock is also a great secondary effect.

Fire

A strong element, counteracted by having a lot of resists late game, this element was extremely unpopular until the skill Scorching Earth, a DoT AoE, came in. Is now quite a popular and effective element, that has a nice mixture of single target and AoE skills and would thus nicely complement whatever pact you have.

Wind

If Water is the fast grinding single target element, Wind is the fast grinding AoE element. With virtually no startup or cooldown time, Wind Blade is one of the most spammable skills in the Magic type’s arsenal. A nice AoE element.

Earth

As the popular quote goes, “When people say Earth, they mean Cleaving Terra.” And for good reason. Cleaving Terra is an extremely effective skill – extremely strong and an extremely large AoE, the largest out of any Magic AoE skill, hitting up to 7 targets.

The Elemental Combinations

Water/Wind

The super fast grinder. Both elements have virtually non-existent cooldown times, making them extremely comboable. Was an extremely popular elemental combination back in eTO, however, not seen as often. (I think due to Chaos Tower?)

Water/Electric

A fun and popular combination. Electro Attack is such a useful AoE, and Drip Bomb takes over Arrow Rush in the later maps. Shard of the Glacier and Electro Attack is also a stellar combination.

Fire/Electric

Another combination that’s rising in popularity. Scorching Earth is just great, and so is Electro Attack. You get nice DoT’s and AoE’s, and can go into PvP if you felt like dabbling into it.

Fire /Earth

A weird, but useable combination. You get a lot of resists later on in the game, and the elements don’t really have synergy with each other. Individual skills are neat though, and when combined with your own 2nd Job element the resistance issue is mitigated somewhat.

Earth/Wind

AoEs galore! Seriously, once you can OHKO with Cleaving Terra you can just about do anything. Combined with Wind Blade’s ridiculously amazing cast and cooldown times, you become an amazing leveller towards the end.

Relevant Bard/Wizard Skills

Spoiler

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

The Wizard Skill Builds

No KS for you Build (Dark/Water/Wind)

Seal of Water Acquire

Seal of Wind Acquire

Wind Blade M

Drip Bomb M

Dark Lance M

Mana Ring 10

Razor Gale M

Mana Web 10

Water Web

Mana Storm 10

Whirlwind M

Shard of the Glacier M

Bolster Ballad M

Elemental Boost M

(Total Points = 246)

Level up whatever other skills you want at this point on, Master your remaining skills, etc.

Named for being a combination that has really great, fast single target skills so your target dies off really, really fast. Wind Blade is acquired first so you have an AoE to work alongside your single target skills. We get Drip Bomb before Dark Lance for its faster cooldown, which then works alongside Arrow Rush. Dark Lance then completes the single target attacker build, and then you can begin your Dark Lance -> Drip Bomb -> Arrow Rush, repeat combinations. Water Web and Whirlwind are acquired for the higher floors in the Chaos Tower. You get Shard of the Glacier pretty late as it’s not as useful in Water/Wind combinations.

Can’t Touch Me Build (Light/Water/Wind)

Seal of Water Acquire

Seal of Wind Acquire

Wind Blade M

Drip Bomb M

Mana Storm 10

Whirlwind M

Radiant Strike M

Mana Ring 10

Razor Gale M

Mana Web 10

Water Web

Shard of the Glacier M

Bolster Ballad M

Elemental Boost M

(Total Points = 245)

Level up whatever other skills you want at this point on, Master your remaining skills, etc.

The wonderful thing about this build is that you can hide behind Shield of Heaven and just spam Wind Blades and level up like a madman. You get Wind Blade first, then a nice single target skill in Drip Bomb. The AoE’s afterwards are just icing on the cake, really. Water Web and Whirlwind are acquired for the higher floors in the Chaos Tower. You get Shard of the Glacier pretty late as it’s not as useful in Water/Wind combinations.

Debuffs Forever Build (Dark/Water/Electric)

Seal of Water Acquire

Seal of Thunder Acquire

Electro Attack M

Electroshock

Dark Lance M

Drip Bomb M

Shard of the Glacier M

Mana Web 10

Water Web

Tesla Field M

Thunderbolt M

Bolster Ballad M

Elemental Boost M

(Total Points = 243)

Super combo build! Electro Attack and Shard of the Glacier are acquired ASAP, to combo off, but we get Dark Lance and Drip Bomb in between for some nice single target skills to combo with Arrow Rush, since you need to wait about 40 levels to get Shard anyway. Mana Web, Water Web and Thunderbolt are acquired later for Bossing and CT.

No Resists for You Build (Light/Water/Electric)

Seal of Water Acquire

Seal of Thunder Acquire

Electro Attack M

Electroshock

Mana Storm 10

Radiant Strike M

Shard of the Glacier M

Drip Bomb M

Mana Web 10

Water Web

Tesla Field M

Thunderbolt M

Bolster Ballad M

Elemental Boost M

(Total Points = 249)

A well-rounded build with a variety of AoE’s and single target skills. Electro Attack and Shard of the Glacier are acquired ASAP, to combo off, but we get Radiant Strike in between for a nice AoE to switch out with Electro Attack, since you need to wait about 40 levels to get Shard anyway. Drip Bomb becomes your main single target skill in later maps. Mana Web, Water Web and Thunderbolt are acquired later for bossing and CT.

DoT King Build (Dark/Fire/Electric)

Seal of Fire Acquire

Seal of Thunder Acquire

Electro Attack M

Electroshock

Scorching Earth M

Dark Lance M

Mana Ring 10

Incinerate M

Tesla Field M

Phoenix Rising M

Thunderbolt M

Bolster Ballad M

Elemental Boost M

(Total Points = 227)

DoT’s, DoT’s everywhere! As with the other Dark Wizard builds, I focused on getting a solid AoE first. Scorching Earth is acquired next as a staple Fire skill, though you can swap whether you want to learn Scorching Earth or Dark Lance first depending on your grinding preferences. You can skip over Whirlwind Blaze completely since you already have a nice array of single target skills as a Dark Dragon. Thunderbolt is acquired late in the game for bossing and CT, but just be aware that it won’t be as effective as in Water/Electric combos.

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

The Wizard Skill Builds (Contd.)

Versatile Attacker Build (Light/Fire/Electric)

Seal of Fire Acquire

Seal of Thunder Acquire

Electro Attack M

Electroshock

Scorching Earth M

Whirlwind Blaze M

Mana Storm 10

Radiant Strike M

Tesla Field M

Thunderbolt M

Bolster Ballad M

Elemental Boost M

(Total Points = 224)

You have quite a lot of AoE skills to choose in this path. Electro Attack is chosen as the most economic and efficient route of the 3 elements, followed by Fire/Electric BnB Scorching Earth. Whirlwind Blaze is used as a combo skill to Arrow Rush for single target killing. Radiant Strike, Scorching Earth, and Thunderbolt is acquired late in the game for bossing and CT, but just be aware that it won’t be as effective as in Water/Electric combos.

DoT to AoE Build (Dark/Fire/Earth)

Seal of Fire Acquire

Seal of Lightning Acquire

Cleaving Terra M

Scorching Earth M

Dark Lance M

Mana Ring 10

Incinerate M

Phoenix Rising M

Bolster Ballad M

Elemental Boost M

(Total Points = 225)

The purposes of the order in which you learn these skills are pretty similar to the Dark/Fire/Electric one: you get Cleaving Terra for efficient AoE purposes, and then build up your DoT skills from there. You can skip over Whirlwind Blaze completely since you already have a nice array of single target skills as a Dark Dragon. Or you can learn it anyway, since this build saves up on TM points a lot, what with Earth being one skill and all.

AoE to DoT Build (Light/Fire/Earth)

Seal of Fire Acquire

Seal of Lightning Acquire

Cleaving Terra M

Scorching Earth M

Mana Storm 10

Radiant Strike M

Light Arrow M

Whirlwind Blaze M

Bolster Ballad M

Elemental Boost M

(Total Points = 220)

The purposes of the order in which you learn these skills are pretty similar to the Light/Fire/Electric one: you get Cleaving Terra for efficient AoE purposes, and then build up your AoE skills from there. There’s quite a lot of emphasis on single target skills late in the game, because you don’t really need Phoenix Rising IMO, so you spend on the skills that you can combo with Arrow Rush instead. This build also saves up on TM points a lot, what with Earth being one skill and all.

AoE God Build (Light/Earth/Wind)

Seal of Earth Acquire

Seal of Wind Acquire

Wind Blade M

Cleaving Terra M

Mana Storm 10

Radiant Strike M

Light Arrow M

Mana Ring 10

Razor Gale M

Whirlwind M

Bolster Ballad M

Elemental Boost M

(Total Points = 247)

If you have a hankering for AoE’s, this build is for you, as you have a smorgasbord of some of the most efficient levelling AoE’s in the game to choose from. Wind Blade is acquired first for fast grinding purposes, then Cleaving Terra to be a Cool Kid, and then Radiant Strike last to kill off whatever Wind Blade cannot. This is the one Light Hybrid build where I recommend you get Light Arrow to alternate with Arrow Rush if it can’t OHKO, which you then can combo with Razor Gale once you get it.

Jack of All Trades Build (Dark/Earth/Wind)

Seal of Earth Acquire

Seal of Wind Acquire

Wind Blade M

Dark Lance M

Cleaving Terra M

Mana Storm 10

Whirlwind M

Mana Ring 10

Razor Gale M

Bolster Ballad M

Elemental Boost M

(Total Points = 234)

You get a healthy mix of single target skills and efficient AoE’s with this, probably the most all-rounded, non-specialised build of the lot. Wind Blade is acquired first for fast grinding purposes, and then Dark Lance to net fast OHKOs where your AoE’s can’t. You then get Cleaving Terra to be a Cool Kid and kill everything in your way for nice money and item farming. Whirlwind is another nice AoE and Razor Gale rounds off this fast grinding build.

• iSkadi likes this

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Equipment

The standard PvE Mage Mantra in Trickster is this: LK Staff, MA Hat, HP Shield. It remains a solid combination throughout the game, and you can then Mix and Match with the remaining equipment slots to whatever best suits your needs. Once you go Dark Lord, you will start needing to prioritise Dark Attribute for Scythe and Staff of Agony.

STAFF

Compound LK onto your staff. If you’re a Dark Lord and your have a Dark Attribute compoundable staff, you may want to comp Dark Attribute (especially if you have a Golden Lion Shield and want to stack), but otherwise LK is the way to go. Remember to refine your Staff to get as much MA as possible.

HAT

Get an MA compoundable Hat wherever you can. Accessories and Innerwear are more commonly found with HP compound slots, so they’re the more likely accompaniments to your shield for HP boosts.

SHIELD

A standard HP compoundable shield should be fine. Dark Lords should scout out the Golden Lion Shield for Dark Attribute compounds.

INNERWEAR

The Golden Mole Vest is probably the most common early game inner wear you find, so get that if you can and compound it for HP if it hasn’t been already. In later levels, if you feel your shield gives you enough HP, or if your Shield skill is sufficient to make up for the low HP (more applicable to SoH than Dark Barrier) you can try for an MA compoundable Innerwear.

ACCESSORIES

This is where you utilise your better judgement. You can use any combination of MA and HP accessories here, and, in the early part of the game, you have to use what gets thrown at you. There are quite a number of ingame accessories, not counting events, including the accessories you get whenever you advance job, Ghost Blue Key Quest and Mint at Poppuri Dungeon, Mermaid Palace, etc. I recommend you begin with one MA and one, with another HP accessory in your inventory for dire situations (such as Don in Episode 2). If you feel your shield gives you enough HP, or if your Shield skill is sufficient to make up for the low HP (more applicable to SoH than Dark Barrier), two MA accessories is fine. Dragon Rings give Dark Attribute, so Dark Lords would wanna grab these.

PET

As always, prioritise a pet that gives you MA. HP, LK and the occasional WT boosts are also very welcome. MyShop pets are now Crystals, which means they have a probability of giving you quite rubbish stats (although still lightyears ahead of the Baby Dragon you get, fortunately).

The upside to this is you can get a Pet Crystal and level it up with Growth Vitamins as you go (unless you’re me and try to stretch your limited MyShop gear over as many characters as possible).

Boxes that give you Pets with standard stats (eg the Dragon Boxes, Oyashiro Rika boxes, etc) are probably the best chance of getting a Pet with great stats, and you have chances of getting nice Innerwear/Accessories/Capes too.

If you are drowning in cash and Chaos feathers, you can try the JP boxes, which can give you anything ranging from a three slot pet (which you can place MA Pet Hardants in because this is for people who are drowning in money) to equipment with the minimum stats and two compound slots.

Event pets are also pretty good, though they will usually never be near what you can get in a MyShop box, of course. The JP Pet in the recent Poppuri event is particularly noticeable – you get two absolutely delicious looking menz who give you 8 MA with a Lvl 1 requirement, which is a giant boost at that level and is sustainable until about level 60-70 or so, depending on your gear. The Carved Wooden Boxes in Event Garden also have a small chance of giving you good pets. Always stay on the lookout, both in game and on the Auction House.

CAPE

Usually MyShop or Event exclusive. Try your best to get an MA Cape, if not go for a HP one.

FASHION (Aka Face, Floating, etc.)

MyShop exclusive, and sometimes obtainable in a few events. If you want to spend the cash, then always, always go for MA. It stretches the rest of your gear for a number of precious levels. If you can’t find any MA ones ingame, then try for HP and LK compounds.

SPRINT

There are only two permanent sprints right now, the Feather Charm which you get for reaching Lvl 10, and you can’t really comp anything onto it because of its low level requirement. The other is the Kitty Earring, and the only worthwhile stat to comp is HP. The Gros Schuler Talisman is a great accessory that increases MA, and is one of the few accessories that can be comp’d for WT…too bad it doesn’t give you a speed boost. Why it is in the Sprint slot, I will never know.

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Questing

Story Quests

Episode 0

Just follow the arrows and signs, tbh.

Episode 1

-wip-

Episode 2

-wip-

Episode 3

-wip-

Episode 4

-wip-

Episode 5

-wip-

Episode 6

-wip while I cry through Card ID in hopes of getting my guardian-

Key Quests

Desert Beach (Available at Lvl 20, Key Quest starts at Lvl 25)

Fairly standard stuff. Quest items are pretty common drops. I recommend alternating between normal quests and Monster Quests in Desert Beach and Pyramid Dungeon so your TM Lvl doesn’t lag too much. Be sure to do the quests to get Crazy Drilling and Fortune Telling while you’re there.

Poppuri Dungeon (Available at Lvl 30)

Sort of a bonus honorary Key Quest, so it’s not required to finish to go to move on to the next Key Quest. But hey, scared Poppuri is so adorable, there’s a compulsion to help him… (For me at least :P)

The bare minimum you should do are the Card Girl quests. If you want to complete the honorary Key Quest, drill in corners and you should do fine. Mint gives out some nice gear, including a WT pouch!

Caballa Relics (Available at Lvl 45, Key Quest starts at Lvl 55)

Be prepared to drill! The numerous amount of drill quests can seem daunting, so I recommend doing whatever pure monster quests you can first (Sissy Cello, Caballa Coffee), and then tackle the Dr Cats at the altar. The quest items are much more common drops in the dungeon than on the field.

Oops Wharf (Available at Lvl 60, Key Quest Starts at Lvl 70)

Genius Cochma and the Frog Shaman appear. You should only do these quests if you’re desperate for Base EXP to unlock a new episode or key quest, in my opinion. At least Chochma gives some TM in his first cycle of Monster Quests. These have much more quest items that are drops, thank goodness, but the Key Quest itself requires drilling. Field 4 has quite a number of hotspots on the pier, so it’s not too bad.

Mermaid Palace (Available at Lvl 75, Key Quest Starts at Lvl 80)

Praise God from whom all Blessings flow, they’ve greatly reduced how annoying these quests are. The Bell and Tink fishbones, while still quite rare drops, are needed in much smaller quantities now. Seabed Field 4 has quite a few hotspots, especially in the bottom right corner if I remember correctly.

Ghost Blue (Available at Lvl 95, Key Quest starts at Lvl 100, Nora Sewer Quest available at Lvl 110)

This is the last place I recommend you do Key Quests for unless you’re a dedicated Quester, because after Ghost Blue Key Quests get unbelievably frustrating. Ghost Blue has a smorgasbord of quests to Level up in, and the Love Hunter Robin quest in the Nora Sewer has infinite cycles, which is great for TM. The Key Quest is slightly annoying in that the item required, the Whale Essence, is an untradeable item, meaning you need to get it on your own. I recommend drilling at Field 4, where there are numerous hotspots around the sunken ships and pillars. I also highly recommend taking some time to drill at the Sewer for Clerk Z. Smith. He gives nice TM, and the Nora Sewer, like most dungeons, have better Quest item excavation ratios than the fields.

Rose Garden (First round of Love Hunter Robin quests available at Lvl 115, Other Quests Available at Lvl 120, Key Quest starts at Lvl 125, Vampire Dungeon available at Lvl 130)

CRY. Rose Garden requires a ton of stickers, and the Rose Garden drill quests themselves are extremely frustrating to find. (50 Rose Petals….Oh god) Skip to Vampire Dungeon quests if you want to – quest drops drill up much faster there. Remember to collect as many Rosaline’s Jewel Boxes as you can, as you may not get the Rose of True Love on the first try.

Black Swamp (Quests Available at Lvl 140, Key Quest starts at Lvl 150, Dungeon quests available at lvl 150)

I remember having the hugest crush on Pastor Tau man good times. Thanks to the numerous quests in the dungeon (as always, quest items drill better in the dungeon than in the fields), Black Swamp is much easier than Rose Garden. The quest drops in the Fields are also pretty common.

Snow Hill (Quests available at Lvl 160, Key Quest starts at Lvl 170, Dungeon quests available at Lvl 170)

Just when you think Key Quests can’t get harder than Rose Garden…Snow Hill pops up. Monsters don’t drop quest items very often, Portable AC’s never dig up, and almost half the quests don’t give you a sticker in the end. If anyone sells the stickers, nab them. I do promise that Key Quests don’t get worse than Snow Hill. (At least, not for Techichi anyway :P)

Techichi Volcano (Quests available at Lvl 200, Key Quest starts at Lvl 210, Dungeon quests available at Lvl 210)

After Snow Hill, I thought Techichi was going to be an absolute nightmare. To my surprise, it was really fast, honestly. At this point Monsters drop more than one item, to my delight, so I was farming items really quickly. You also pretty much never spend money on pots when questing here because monsters drop truckloads of em. This place has hot NPCs to boot. <3

Tapasco Volcano

-Coming soon-

Abyss

-Coming soon-

TM Quests

Love Hunter Robin Monster Quests

-coming soon-

Card Girl Quests

-coming soon-

Monkey T Grass Quests

-coming soon-

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Reserved

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Version History

6.7.2015 Guide Skeleton posted.

Okay, so the skeleton for my giant guide is finally up after months of devising, looking at the wiki and typing OTL. It's still really text heavy, sorry - gonna try to get images up soon! For now this guide should be enough to get y'all to 3rd Job. Anyway, if there are any questions, or feedback (especially on the Dark Lord section, I have no experience beyond the Dark Magician @[email protected]), feel free to post!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dragon, PvE, Wizard, Priest, Dark Lord, Magician, Shaman