Phantom School Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • IGN:Akimaru
  • Class:Soul Master
  • Level:2xx

First of all, it literally takes hours and hours of struggle and clicking for those who are really hooked to dice events. So what I am suggesting might sound a more organized and faster way to submit these dice. And since there will only be a circulation of events, which means that dice event might come again in the future, I think this could be applicable with only little difficulty in implementing the process.

There are 2 things that need to be discussed.

1. An Item Exchange NPC - This NPC handles exchanging our dies (Ace to Sice) into 1 completed die. This completed die is stackable and can be turned to Item Boy Thomas in certain quantities. And since its just an exchange NPC, its function is pretty much like any exchange NPC like Merchant Lorena and her crystals.

2. Item Boy Thomas Rework - If it is possible, Thomas should be reworked to function much like the NPC Keeper Julio and his Storage Mission Quests
http://wiki.ggftw.co...er/Keeper_Julio

http://wiki.ggftw.co...orage_Mission_1 -  -  -  Link to one of his storage mission quests.

Edit - DISPLAY A ROLL COUNTER: Just for awareness, I think it would be in everybody's interest if a "Roll Counter" is present in the Board Interface. This would allow us to compare if the # of submissions is as accurate as the # of rolls we really get. It gets in my nerves sometimes thinking that I may have lost a few dice rolls. Since the event naturally has its own Counter (only invisible to us), would there be a way to display this counter somewhere in the Board Interface?

As such, Item Boy Thomas can give us the option to give him only completed dice in certain quantities (could be the same as Julio's Quantities or could even be 1-5-10-20-50-100. As long as the last option is 100, it could save everyone a hefty amount of time.)

Sample Dialogue might be: ( Two slashes "//" represent the start of my comment or direction of what that line is)

Item Boy Thomas: Give me a completed dice...blah blah.. and you get dice rolls (Completed Dice can be acquired from Exchange NPC) :P

Options: "Sure, I love to rock and roll!" or "Nah, too tiring"

If option 1 (Sure, I love to rock and roll!) is clicked

{            //go to this part if first option is picked

Item Boy Thomas: Have you completed collecting the completed dice from _______ NPC?

Options: "Yes! Lets Roll!" or "No because I am lazy."

If option 1 (Yes! Lets Roll!) is clicked

{          //applies only if player opted to submit quest items

Item Boy Thomas: How many dices have you gotten for me?

a. ____ pcs                     //would reward us _____ rolls

b. ____ pcs                     //would reward us _____ rolls

c. ____ pcs                     //would reward us _____ rolls

else (Nah, it's too tiring or No because I am lazy options)

{              //applies only if player opted no to submit quest items or opted to not even take part in the quest

Item Boy Thomas:  Ok. Please play with me some other time. (End of conversation)

}

}

//This part is a continuation after submitting ___ amount of completed dice.

Item Boy Thomas: Thanks for helping me out. Come again some other time. (End of conversation)

PS: I know its not a sound if/else statement, I just want a clear image of what will happen and it is just a sample dialogue.

So basically, we can opt to submit dices and get dice rolls in bulk all at the same time. This could save us more time being click  zombies and could even lessen the congestion around Thomas.

Any comment or suggestion to improve the idea are much welcome. But most of all, I hope this will come into play. :wub:

Rewarding the ___ number of rolls might be the difficult part for the coders, but I surely hope they find a way to efficiently save the time of everyone. After all, Time is Gold.

EDIT: Credits to the Julio Storage Mission Idea goes to Ghaspar and Ericc

• SeekNStrike, Freezmy, Nocval and 4 others like this

Vasilissa

Vasilissa

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationover the rainbow
  • IGN:Vasilissa
  • Class:Monarch

Brilliant. I second this haha

Ericc

Ericc

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • IGN:Ehrin & Ehric
  • Class:Upper

i suggested the same thing in the patch notes thread  so I want credit if this happens tbh

• Ghaspar likes this

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • IGN:LinaInverse
  • Class:Witch
  • Level:400

I speak in absolutely no capacity to do so, but that's an unbelievable amount of work.  There has to be some limitation here guys, the game can't spoon-feed you everything.

The dice boxes are easy enough to get, there really has to be some limit placed on it somewhere.  I get it that it's tedious to turn in dice (I have 300 sets waiting to be turned in) and I get it's annoying sometimes with the "calm down" message and it being busy, but it's really quite crazy with how generous the prizes are, to have this expectation that they're going to bend over backwards to make it even easier.

Understand that as it is, that the amount of work you have to put in to obtain these prizes is minimal.  There has to be some small barrier in place to prevent everyone running around with 400 of each boss's brooms each day and a nearly-unlimited supply of the other things placed on the board.

Be thankful they haven't solved the complaining of this "problem" by lowering the drill rate of boxes ;)

• Kheops and Paige like this

Vasilissa

Vasilissa

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationover the rainbow
  • IGN:Vasilissa
  • Class:Monarch

The dice boxes are easy enough to get, there really has to be some limit placed on it somewhere.  I get it that it's tedious to turn in dice (I have 300 sets waiting to be turned in) and I get it's annoying sometimes with the "calm down" message and it being busy 

If you haven't tried using the browser version of the dice rolling, I recommend it! I found that it's much easier to use and I get less "calm down" messages (:

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • 331 posts

If you haven't tried using the browser version of the dice rolling, I recommend it! I found that it's much easier to use and I get less "calm down" messages (:

Oh I can only use it that way.  The in-game one wont work for me.  I still get it "a lot" (I guess I don't know what normal is for in-game though).  It's not so bad during non-busy times on the server.

Good to know it's less bad though, thank you :D

Ghaspar

Ghaspar

Game Enthusiast 3rd Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationTomorrowland
  • IGN:Ghaspar
  • Class:Thief Master
  • Level:Enough

First of all, it literally takes hours and hours of struggle and clicking for those who are really hooked to dice events. So what I am suggesting might sound a more organized and faster way to submit these dice. And since there will only be a circulation of events, which means that dice event might come again in the future, I think this could be applicable with only little difficulty in implementing the process.

There are 2 things that need to be discussed.

1. An Item Exchange NPC - This NPC handles exchanging our dies (Ace to Sice) into 1 completed die. This completed die is stackable and can be turned to Item Boy Thomas in certain quantities. And since its just an exchange NPC, its function is pretty much like any exchange NPC like Merchant Lorena and her crystals.

2. Item Boy Thomas Rework - If it is possible, Thomas should be reworked to function much like the NPC Keeper Julio and his Storage Mission Quests
http://wiki.ggftw.co...er/Keeper_Julio

http://wiki.ggftw.co...orage_Mission_1 -  -  -  Link to one of his storage mission quests.

As such, Item Boy Thomas can give us the option to give him only completed dice in certain quantities (could be the same as Julio's Quantities or could even be 1-5-10-20-50-100. As long as the last option is 100, it could save everyone a hefty amount of time.)

Sample Dialogue might be: ( Two slashes "//" represent the start of my comment or direction of what that line is)

Item Boy Thomas: Give me a completed dice...blah blah.. and you get dice rolls (Completed Dice can be acquired from Exchange NPC) :P

Options: "Sure, I love to rock and roll!" or "Nah, too tiring"

If option 1 (Sure, I love to rock and roll!) is clicked

{            //go to this part if first option is picked

Item Boy Thomas: Have you completed collecting the completed dice from _______ NPC?

Options: "Yes! Lets Roll!" or "No because I am lazy."

If option 1 (Yes! Lets Roll!) is clicked

{          //applies only if player opted to submit quest items

Item Boy Thomas: How many dices have you gotten for me?

a. ____ pcs                     //would reward us _____ rolls

b. ____ pcs                     //would reward us _____ rolls

c. ____ pcs                     //would reward us _____ rolls

else (Nah, it's too tiring or No because I am lazy options)

{              //applies only if player opted no to submit quest items or opted to not even take part in the quest

Item Boy Thomas:  Ok. Please play with me some other time. (End of conversation)

}

}

//This part is a continuation after submitting ___ amount of completed dice.

Item Boy Thomas: Thanks for helping me out. Come again some other time. (End of conversation)

PS: I know its not a sound if/else statement, I just want a clear image of what will happen and it is just a sample dialogue.

So basically, we can opt to submit dices and get dice rolls in bulk all at the same time. This could save us more time being click  zombies and could even lessen the congestion around Thomas.

Any comment or suggestion to improve the idea are much welcome. But most of all, I hope this will come into play. :wub:

Rewarding the ___ number of rolls might be the difficult part for the coders, but I surely hope they find a way to efficiently save the time of everyone. After all, Time is Gold.

You forgot to ment the board game part, wich is pretty annoying and slow (keep getting *Calm down...* all the way. The struggle is real to roll like 100 games, yesterday i was online like 3 hours just to complete dices and roll board games. The struggle is real. I would suggest to trade for boxes and each item has the drop rate, based on the same drop rate on the board game (isn't that difficulty to calculate --> #prizes / #totalprizes

i suggested the same thing in the patch notes thread  so I want credit if this happens tbh

also i suggested something like it @ first, but it's okay.

Ericc

Ericc

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • 305 posts

You forgot to ment the board game part, wich is pretty annoying and slow (keep getting *Calm down...* all the way. The struggle is real to roll like 100 games, yesterday i was online like 3 hours just to complete dices and roll board games. The struggle is real. I would suggest to trade for boxes and each item has the drop rate, based on the same drop rate on the board game (isn't that difficulty to calculate --> #prizes / #totalprizes

also i suggested something like it @ first, but it's okay.

link

Ghaspar

Ghaspar

Game Enthusiast 3rd Rank

• Members
  • 884 posts
  • LocationTomorrowland
  • IGN:Ghaspar
  • Class:Thief Master
  • Level:Enough

http://board.playtri...-02-13/?p=51315

Ericc

Ericc

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • 305 posts

mess that's not even the same thing

i explicitly suggested a Julio-like solution, yours was more vague

higger19

higger19

Phantom School Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSingapore

oh sorry. I never meant to "steal" your idea. I never even came across it until now (I dont read the patch update thread anymore since I dont have any issues on it) . But if this gets on, its all yours. Im not after credit anyway, im just after a more efficient way to handle these dices.

And edited it to highlight you and ghaspar.

• Vasilissa likes this

higger19

higger19

Phantom School Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSingapore

And regarding the board game, that's another story. I think the way the dice is rolled is already fair enough. It's not as time consuming as clicking on thomas for hours.

higger19

higger19

Phantom School Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSingapore

I speak in absolutely no capacity to do so, but that's an unbelievable amount of work.  There has to be some limitation here guys, the game can't spoon-feed you everything.

The dice boxes are easy enough to get, there really has to be some limit placed on it somewhere.  I get it that it's tedious to turn in dice (I have 300 sets waiting to be turned in) and I get it's annoying sometimes with the "calm down" message and it being busy, but it's really quite crazy with how generous the prizes are, to have this expectation that they're going to bend over backwards to make it even easier.

Understand that as it is, that the amount of work you have to put in to obtain these prizes is minimal.  There has to be some small barrier in place to prevent everyone running around with 400 of each boss's brooms each day and a nearly-unlimited supply of the other things placed on the board.

Be thankful they haven't solved the complaining of this "problem" by lowering the drill rate of boxes ;)

I am not complaining about the rate of how these boxes are gathered, nor am I complaining about the prizes.

I'd like to quote the most famous reason of people and their driller pets "Not everyone has the time to face the computer all day long. Some of us has to work."

In that manner alone, I am simply suggesting a way to efficiently use everyone's time using features that are already present in their database.

a.) Item Exchange NPCs are already in their database

b.) Keeper Julion Storage Missions are already in their database

Following that logic, I already trust that the coders are already skilled enough to incorporate these features onto the drilling event.

Let us be optimistic and not set our minds into the thinking that "The server is generous enough, why should they aide us with problems regarding our time?"

I get your point that we are blessed enough, but again, time is really important to everyone.

Same goes for players and admins and mods and coders and developers - It is Gold.

They clearly asked for ideas on how to make the game more convenient and fun for non-MS players, so this dice event is one of them. And I believe that making the dice event less time consuming benefits everyone.

Again, this is not a suggestion to make the event "EASIER", same rules still apply - Submit Dice, get roll.
IT IS ONE TO LESSEN CONGESTION AND LESSEN THE TIME SPENT JUST CLICKING THOMAS, instead of doing stuff like questing and leveling.

If clicking Thomas is fun for you, then I got nothing more to say.

• SeekNStrike, LordGahnome and Vasilissa like this

Kheops

Kheops

Black Swamp Explorer

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:Kheops

I am not complaining about the rate of how these boxes are gathered, nor am I complaining about the prizes.

I'd like to quote the most famous reason of people and their driller pets "Not everyone has the time to face the computer all day long. Some of us has to work."

In that manner alone, I am simply suggesting a way to efficiently use everyone's time using features that are already present in their database.

a.) Item Exchange NPCs are already in their database

b.) Keeper Julion Storage Missions are already in their database

Following that logic, I already trust that the coders are already skilled enough to incorporate these features onto the drilling event.

Let us be optimistic and not set our minds into the thinking that "The server is generous enough, why should they aide us with problems regarding our time?"

I get your point that we are blessed enough, but again, time is really important to everyone.

Same goes for players and admins and mods and coders and developers - It is Gold.

They clearly asked for ideas on how to make the game more convenient and fun for non-MS players, so this dice event is one of them. And I believe that making the dice event less time consuming benefits everyone.

Again, this is not a suggestion to make the event "EASIER", same rules still apply - Submit Dice, get roll.
IT IS ONE TO LESSEN CONGESTION AND LESSEN THE TIME SPENT JUST CLICKING THOMAS, instead of doing stuff like questing and leveling.

If clicking Thomas is fun for you, then I got nothing more to say.

You just neglect an important fact : there are just one coder + one GM on this server and they already have work to do too ^_^. They have the skills but often lack the time, just like you ;).

It's nice to wanna improve the game and take time posting about it but you need to learn how this server works and what's a pertinent suggestion.

Here you are trying to plead for players who don't have time to play, this doesn't make any sense because a game is meant to be played. You are rewarded up to the amount of work you provide and everyone is equal that way.

It takes crucial ressources to change things in the game and it's not a fix here, just something to help players being a bit lazier and I notice it's the same players who asked for more dices in soils, so they didn't have time to get dices, now they don't have time to turn them in, later they won't have time to roll them, for how long will the staff waste ressources for players who don't have time to play ?

I spent hours in front of Thomas these last few days cause I was sick and had time to do so (yeah lucky me ^_^ but I can't roll them cause I'm not calm enough apparently...). No biggie, I get what I get and I'm fine with it.

Also you don't account for the fact that there are already too many dices, what you suggest will also have an impact on players who can play insane amount of dices daily, they will have more to roll and make the dice game even more unplayable. Will you ask coders to fix it then ? Because it seems they already can't so far...

Thanx for reading, have fun and be reasonable ;).

• Ragnaris and Silmeria like this

Ericc

Ericc

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • 305 posts

It's not even about not having the time to play, it's about exchanging die TAKING so much time, that we have less time to actually play the game because of it.

And the event is probably gonna be repeated in the future anyway so might as well speed up the dice exchange process.

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • 331 posts

It's not even about not having the time to play, it's about exchanging die TAKING so much time, that we have less time to actually play the game because of it.

And the event is probably gonna be repeated in the future anyway so might as well speed up the dice exchange process.

That is playing the game.  Exchanging die is playing the game.  :lol:   If you're logged in and actively using your player you are 100% playing the game.  If you do not enjoy turning in dice (or at least tolerate it for the payoff of sweet sweet prizes) don't do it.  Make galder or purchase MS and buy the prizes from others.

I feel as though there is a disconnect here, as nothing anyone has said has addressed what Kheops or I have even mentioned.  This is that you guys are asking for something that takes less time because you don't have time or don't want to spend it exchanging die.  Kheops and I are purely talking about their being a need for a cost to be associated with prizes, which none of you are actually addressing in your replies.  The two ways for this game to have "cost" is either real money or time.  This is an F2P MMO, that's the formula for these games.

I'll also just add that for any of us who actually have done boss trials, the price of exchanging die is paltry compared to the time you spend in boss trials.  I can exchange and roll 10 sets of die faster than I can do Tenter's trials once.  And Tenter has easy ones... we won't talk about the extreme effort you put into spicy trials or Soki... <_<

• Kheops likes this

higger19

higger19

Phantom School Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Thanx for reading, have fun and be reasonable ;).

I've pinpointed to the very detail I can think of about my suggestion, and I do believe it was born out of reason and not impulse.

Again, I do believe that there should be a sense of Equity - Equal pay for equal work.

It seems you see the dice event as one for those "who have less time to play the game." and I am sorry you feel that way.

First off, most "AFKERS" are those who just sell their dice boxes and the ones who are active enough are those who buy and take the time to open these boxes. In that sense alone, I think that the ones who benefit more from the suggested idea will be those active people who actually spend time playing the game.

Forgive me for not knowing that there are only 1GM and 1coder in this game. It was a fault on my end presuming that there are "coders".

So anyway, I've just suggested an idea and the setbacks you said are so situational that (no offense meant) it lost it's technicality. Every change that is done to the server will always have a negative effect, despite the situation players are in. In good faith, I was suggesting a technical upgrade for an event. If people found it offensive because it would potentially make life "easier", then I am sorry.

And I would like to address the thinking that I suggested this because of the "people who don't have time". I simply stated that to get to a point that time is essential for everyone and it could be used at other things involving the game - Quest, Grind, Hunt, etc. So if you all misunderstood the intention, I am suggesting it for EFFICIENCY - yet again.

Just as Kheops said, he sees the same people around Thomas - so are those the ones who do not have the time? Or are those afk drillers who vend after they get 1k-2k boxes the ones who just press "D" and leave the ones lazy? Well in a sense they do not have time because Thomas has it all.

Honestly speaking, I am one of those people who always submits die, and most of the time, I fall asleep while clicking because it becomes too boring doing repetitions for hours. So in a major way, this is a selfish suggestion, but I do sympathize with others just like me who would rather do other fun stuff while also enjoying the graces of the event to the fullest. So if you say to my face that the cost is "time" - yea I did pay it, and I am still paying it greatly. So do you think that having an improvement would take way the "cost"?

So before this leads to an argument of "this is bad vs this is good" or "easy life vs pay cost", I'd like to take my leave.

I've read in this section, that not more than a year ago, the server was in need of suggestions and ideas. My bad for not thinking that it already had everything it needed.

Peace and signing off.

P.S.: Hope you got over that sickness Kheops. :)

Kheops

Kheops

Black Swamp Explorer

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:Kheops
From a technical point of view I just had nothing to say about it, since I had to spend so much time with Thomas I sure would have loved to click less.

Suggestions can't be technical only, they have other repercussions on the game. The abundance of dices is no more so the impact of such tweak on the "big dicers" is no more a relevant point.

We're left with time on coder's hands to actually do it at the expense of something else (Coeus Dungeon, New Harkon Def etc...), not sure I wanna see him spend time on tweaking Thomas instead... Then again I don't decide anything, it's just my player's opinion.

Also this server doesn't have everything it needs, you opened a thread, we discussed your idea, I just expressed my opinion, I don't say I'm right but I believe this suggestion isn't pertinent in our situation and that's why we discuss it.

Sorry you feel bad about that, I really appreciate people trying to add dynamic and I hope you continue to try, your idea wasn't bad but given the circumstances it doesn't appear so good either, also since however you put it, it does consist in making people lazier.

PS : I got rid of flu but now I have dice addiction to cure, thanx XD.
  • Silmeria likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thomas, Dice, Die, Event