Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • IGN:Seren

Liliana's Guide To Sheep

02247ebb16de70_full.png

Who is the sheep?

A sheep is the female magic type character in Trickster Online.

"As a librarian, Mico has deep knowledge on just about everything in the world. One day, she finds a book that isn't part of the library collection. Mico realizes that the book is about ancient wizardry and learns the tricks of witchcraft. Shortly after, she learns of the news regarding Trickster and Caballa Island and sees it as an opportunity to raise money to build her own library, her life-long dream."

Mico's Prologue

Why choose a sheep?

A sheep has access to AoE (Area of Effect) skills early on. This means they can hit multiple monsters at once. This is great for killing and levelling fast. The sheep is also a supportive character; she can heal to even resurrect (depending on the 3rd job) In addition, the sheep is cute!   :wub:   :wub: 

Isn't a sheep weak?

No, actually a sheep can be very powerful if you set her up right and use the right skills. I have played all four of the female character types and the sheep is my favourite, she can really kick butt! At first it can be hard but you will soon see the benefits when you are able to OHKO 5 or more enemies. Some people have said a sheep is simply a supportive character, she isn't.

Why is a sheep better than a dragon?

A sheep isn't better than a dragon, just different. If you go pure at 3rd job on both sheep and dragon then they are very different and good characters. If you go hybrid then they become very similar but still good characters. Really it's about your playing style or aesthetics (looks). 

Is a sheep recommended for beginners?

I wouldn't suggest starting on Trickster as a sheep unless you have experience in MMORPGs (massively multi-player online role playing game) or at least other RPGs. However, it isn't bad once you get the hang of hit and running.

Helpful terms

Players often shorten common terms for quickness, I will also shorten some common phrases within this guide. The most used phrases and their meanings are listed below.

OHKO - One Hit KnockOut - killing a monster in one hit

PvP - Player vs Player - two players fighting in a certain area

PvE or PvM - Player vs Enemies or Monster - players fighting monsters in game

GvG - Guild vs Guild - a certain amount of members (usually 2 or 3) from two guilds fight each other. The guild with the last player standing wins. (Not as popular anymore)

Grinding - killing monsters to gain levels instead of doing quests
AoE - Area of Effect - attacking more than one monster at a time in a certain area

DoT - Damage over Time - attacks which damage an enemy over time, even if they are out of the spell area

AH - Auction House - a brilliant market now implemented in the game which allows you quickly buy and sell items in qalder and myshop. You can also trade items between accounts.

Please note

Please note, this is my first attempt at a guide so constructive feedback would be appreciated. This is a work in progress and I will add to and edit the guide as I feel is needed (and when asked for). If you spot any errors please let me know. I hope this guide is helpful  :)

Don't copy this guide and claim it as your own. The only place I have chosen to write this guide is on PlayTrickster forums. I don't want it anywhere else. If you wish to use a small portion of the guide for quoting etc then that's fine as long as you have linked back to the original guide. If you see anyone who has posted this guide then please let me know. Thank you for your consideration.

• sylacks, Ciennymyst and wellanie like this

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Builds

Builds are the starting points you allocate into which skill set. Certain character types need certain builds to be the most effective. The build you choose often depends on your style of play, whilst some builds work better for certain 3rd jobs. When people talk about builds they say 1432, which can mean nothing for some people.

To understand the different builds more I will explain each of the basic types and stats.

Types and stats

Power_Icon.gif Power

AP or Attack Power - This is how high your damage is when you melee attack

AC or Accuracy - This is your chance of successful melee attacks and your chance of melee criticals. It also determines how much gun damage is done. This does not affect spell or skill accuracy. 
DX or Dexterity - This is the delay between melee attacks (the lower the better). This does not affect spells or skills.

Magic_Icon.gif Magic

MP or Magic Points - This is how many points you have to spend on skills and spells. Each spell will decrease your MP, increase your MP with potions.

MA or Magic Attack - This is how high your damage is for magic spells. 

MD or Magic Defence - This is how much damage you will take from magic spells.

Sense_Icon.gif Sense

WT or Weight  - This is how many items you can carry. Each item is a specific weight, you can carry as many as your weight limit allows. The maximum number of items is 300, no matter the weight. If you are carrying more than 89% of your total weight limit you will be forced to walk. This is not only much slower (and boring) you are more vulnerable to attacks.
DA or Detection Ability / Perception - This determines your critical hit damage and the success rate of compounding, refinement and drilling. With 90+ DA, you will always know if there is an item underground or not. It also determines how high your damage is for throwing skills (sense characters only).
LK or Luck - Determines chance of critical hit, chance of getting hit by a critical, and magic skill accuracy.

Charm_Icon.gif Charm

HP or Hit / Health Points - This is how many times or how hard you can be hit. Once your health reaches 0 you will die.
DP or Defence Points - This is how much damage is received from melee attacks. 
HV or Hit Evasion - This is how likely you are to avoid a melee attack.

For all skills (except for dexterity) the higher the number the better.

Character creation and different builds
build_10.png

When creating a sheep you will be given this build as a starting point. This build is 1432, this means 1(power/attack)4(magic)3(sense)2(charm).

Please note, I will not be covering any sheep builds which have more than 1 in attack, as I (personally) don't see that any of the skills will actually help a sheep.
Also, every character type must have a 4 in their stat. E.g. Power must have 4 in attack, magic must have 4 in magic etc.

This is the starting build for a sheep because it works well for all types and elements. 

Advantages
  • Good amount of weight
  • Good luck
  • Good at drilling
  • Good at compounding and refining
  • Satisfactory health points
  • Satisfactory defence
  • Satisfactory hit evasion
  • Good for beginners

Disadvantages

• Spells sometimes miss
  • Critical hits are not always missed
  • Health points aren't very high

Overall, a well rounded build but with less survivability.

This is similar to the starting build but it sacrifices some sense for charm stats.

Advantages
  • Good health points
  • Good defence
  • Good hit evasion
  • Satisfactory amount of weight
  • Satisfactory luck
  • Satisfactory at drilling
  • Satisfactory at compounding and refining
  • Good for beginners

Disadvantages

• Spells miss more than the above
  • Critical hits are not often missed
  • You wont be able to carry much weight
  • Your compounding and refining will be frustrating

Overall, another well rounded which has better survivability but with less accuracy and weight.

This is an extreme build which sacrifices charm stats for great luck.

Advantages
  • Great amount of weight
  • Great luck
  • Great at drilling
  • Great at compounding and refining
  • Spells will nearly always be effective
  • Great chance at blocking criticals

Disadvantages

• Low health points
  • Low defence
  • Low hit evasion
  • Not recommended for beginners

Overall, a build which is great for spell accuracy but does have a very low survivability, you will need to learn the art of 'hit and run' and compound your equips with HP.

Another extreme build which sacrifices sense and spell accuracy for high charm stats.

Advantages
  • Great health points
  • Great defence
  • Great hit evasion

Disadvantages

• Low amount of weight
  • Low luck
  • Low at drilling
  • Low rates at compounding and refining
  • Good for beginners
  • Spells will often miss, especially to begin with
  • Low chance at blocking criticals
  • Not recommended for beginners

Overall, a build which has great survivability but your spells will often miss. Compound your equips with LK.

Builds and compounding

Most build will need you to compound to even out the lost stats.

This is build needs some luck and more hp and dp to balance it. This build is a good choice for non-myshop users.

This is build needs more luck and some hp and dp to balance it. This build is a good choice for non-myshop users.

This is build needs a lot of luck and a myshop pouch to balance it. This build is better for myshop users.

This builds needs a bit of luck but mostly dp and hp to balance it. This build is easier for myshop users but can work for non-myshop users.

Bonus points

Every time you level up you will receive an increase in your stats. Depending on the build you have chosen is where you receive more stats. E.g. those in 4 stat will increase at a much higher rate than those in the 3,2 or 1 stat. You will still gain points for these stats but not as much.

You will also receive four bonus points for each level you gain. You can put these bonus points into whatever you choose but two popular choices for a sheep is magic attack and luck.

Magic attack

MA is how much damage you do so the higher the MA the better. Putting all of your bonus points into MA is what I highly recommend.

Luck
LK is how accurate your spells are and how likely you are to dodge a critical hit. This is ideal for PvP characters. For a PvE character isn't not really needed unless you have a 1414 build, but even then you can compound lk instead. Recommended for PvP characters but not for PvE.

Magic attack and luck

You see the advantages to putting your bonus points into both MA and LK and are thinking of adding points in both? This choice should mean you still have good MA but also good LK as well. However, it will ultimately mean you do average damage and you are average at dodging and critical hits. The best thing to do is to choose either luck or magic attack and compound the other.

Health points

HP is how many health points you have, the higher the amount the more damage you can take without dying. Some 1441 sheep put their bonus points into HP to balance it out. This is helpful for not dying but you won't hit as hard. You will also need a lot of high MA and LK equips. HP is easy enough to comp anyway.

Images used from http://wiki.ggftw.com/trickster/

• sylacks and Ciennymyst like this

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Librarian Skills (1st Job)

Choosing the right skills when you are first starting out is essential. I have seen so many beginners with magic characters who are use melee attacks to kill monsters. When I asked why they said it was easier and their spells weren't really doing much. This is because they haven't got the skills they needed to cause sufficent damage through spells. 

There are certain spells which are needed for game play and others which are needed as prerequisite to other spells.

(unfortunately I was unable to add all the icons to the spells, which looked much better, as it was over the amount of images allowed in one post)

Available Spells

Magic soul (TM 0) - this is a basic spell which you get when you first start the game. (It's essential early on but quickly becomes redundant. It does have a quick cast time, uses little MP and doesn't use any TM points)

Mana arrow (TM 1) - this is your hard hitting single attack spell. (This is your best spell for single attack, I still use it all the time. Master with 2 x Clione cards)

Cure (TM 10) - heal yourself and others by selecting the skill then your target. (Recovers 6% to 30% of HP. I don't really use this spell much for myself as using potions are more convenient. It is a prerequisite spell though. Master with 2 x Hula Octopus cards)

Invincible casting (TM 10) - you will continue to cast a spell if you are attacked. (Some people love this skill as it saves time whilst others don't because you are vulnerable - you can't run or use potions whilst casting. It really depends on your playing style and personal taste. Passive skill.)

Mana ring (TM 20) - your first AoE spell which shoots three rings. (This is a high powered spell but it's hard to control as it hits anything next to or before your target. This can cause problems if monsters that weren't aggressive start attacking you. Master with 2 x Nephthys cards)

Bottle of mana  (TM 20)  - permanently increases your maximum MP. (Increases your MP from 40 to 1,390 more points. This is very handy at the beginning as you will be able to use more spells but it's costs 14 TM points to master it. Those points are better spent elsewhere to begin with and once you do have some spares it's not really worth it as your MP has increased anyway. Needs cure level 10 to learn. Master with 2 x Silver G cards)

Aura of mana (TM 20)  - increases your and your party members' mana recovery. (Mana recovery increase from 200% to 360%. This skill is helpful but it's best at level 1, as you only use 3 TM points for 200% mana recovery for 100 seconds. Master with 2 x Silver G cards)

Rust (TM 20) - lower enemies' attack power. (Lowers attack power from 15% to 51%. This skill is helpful but not really needed  for monsters as you will be able to OHKO them with mana arrow. It's more helpful for bossing and PvP. Master with 2 x Gold G cards)

Mana web (TM 20) - increases the enemies dexterity which makes their attacks much slower. (Increases dexterity from 1.8% to 5.4%. This skill is not really needed for monsters but is handy for bossing and PvP. Master with 2 x Gold G cards)

Mana shield (TM 30) - increases your MD. (Increases your MD from 10% with 100 seconds to 45% with 180 seconds. This is a handy skill when bossing magic monsters and PvP. However it's not really needed as much for killing monsters. Master with 2 x Turvy cards)

Mana storm (TM 35) - a decent AoE spell. (This spell often gets over looked but it's actually decent and helpful, especially early on. Master with 2 x Larva cards)

Mist of Mana  (TM 40) - increases your MA for a limited time. (Increases your MA from 10% with 100 seconds to 45% with 180 seconds. This is an essential skill which is helpful throughout the game. You will go from 2 to 3 hits to OHKO with this spell. Needs bottle of mana level 1 to learn. Master with 2 x Koom cards)

Arrow rush  (TM 50)  - a passive spell which increases the amount of arrows in mana arrow whilst decreasing their power and accuracy. (This is a very helpful skill which makes mana arrow a lot more powerful. It sounds bad at first but with the first 3 or 4 arrows you can often OHKO a monster. This will take off a bar or more of boss or sub boss monsters. Needs mana arrow level 10 to learn. Master with 2 x Guiana cards)

Mana ring booster (TM 50) - a passive spell which increases the power of your mana ring. (This is a great skill if you use mana ring often as it greatly increases the power. If you don't use mana ring often then don't bother learning it. Needs mana ring level 10 to learn. Master with 2 x Guiana cards)

Recommended TM allocation

The following paths are the TM allocation I recommend for sheep, feel free to deviate from this to what suits your gameplay style.

Mana arrow orientated

TM 1 - Mana arrow (learn for 1 point, then keep it at 3) 

TM 10 - Invincible casting (learn for 5 points)

TM 10 - Cure (learn for 1 then leave it for now)
TM 15 - Mana arrow (increase from 3 to 7)

TM 20 - Cure (level to 10)

TM 20 - Bottle of mana (learn for 1, keep it there)

TM 35 - Mist of mana (learn for 4, raise it to 10, then master for 3)

OPTIONAL

TM 50 - Mana arrow (level it to 10)
TM 50 - Arrow rush (learn for 4, level as high as you like)

For this path you will be able to OHKO pretty much everything. You may struggle with aggressive monsters, however, if you hit then run you are fine)

Mana ring orientated

TM 1 - Mana arrow (learn for 1 and keep it there)

TM 10 - Invincible casting (learn for 5 - mana ring has a much quicker casting time so it's not as essential)

TM 10 - Cure (learn for 1 and keep it there)

TM 20 - Mana ring (learn 2 and level it to 6)

TM 20 - Bottle of mana (learn for 1 and keep it there)

TM 35 - Mist of mana (learn for 4, raise it to 10 the master for 3)

OPTIONAL

TM 35 - Mana ring (level 10)

TM 50 - Mana ring booster (learn it for 3, level as high as you like)

For this path you will be able to hit multiple targets but will need to hit multiple times. (Be careful of where the rings are going).

Raising your TM level

You can raise your TM level by killing monsters, doing TM quests and drilling.

Grinding

If you are just grinding (more on that later) then your TM level should stay similar to your exp level. However, you will miss most of the story line and it becomes boring after a while.

Quests

If you are doing all the quests available then your exp level will start to increase faster than your TM level, especially when you get to level 25 and above. The TM quests available (grasses) are usually tiresome and annoying. They start with asking 125 of something in Paradise raising to 250 in Opps Wharf.

Monsters quests do help and so do party quests (but you obviously need a party). 

You will certainly have to work at keeping your TM at a good level.

Drilling

Is one of the best ways of raising your TM but will still take some work. Drilling starts off very easy in paradise with basic drills, however, it increasing becomes more and more difficult as you get to places with deeper soil and faster drills. 

AFK Drilling

The best way I have found to raise your TM is by AFK driling.

How?

This is when you buy the pets driller boy or driller girl from Myshop and then set it to drill while you are doing something else (like sleeping  :D)

How do I get one?
The downside to this method is Myshop costs real money, however, you can sell your galders for points.

• Galders are sold for around 2-5 million per 1000 points.
  • The cheapest driller pet is 5800 points.
  • It is available for 15 days then you will need to recharge it by purchasing recharge coupons from Myshop.
  • 100 recharge coupons can be brought for 2700 points
  • For 60 recharge coupons you can have 60 days + 6 hours free
  • In total your driller boy or girl will cost 6800 points
  • Drilling over night you will gain around 20 TM levels (depending on how much weight allowance you have, your drills and your level - the lower your TM level the faster you gain TM exp)
  • You can easily sell quest items and event items for 20 million in just a week (or less)

Not everyone is able to get a driller boy or girl but this is the quickest and easiest way of gaining TM levels. You can also trade them to your other characters through Auction House.

Information used from http://wiki.ggftw.co...er/Magic_Skills

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Elements

Once a sheep advances to bard (2nd job) they have access to the five elements but they can only control two.

The five elements are electricity, fire, ground or earth, air and water.

Some of the elements are better at AoE whilst others are great at 1-1 attacks.

Seal_of_Thunder.jpg Electricity/Thunder

(Electricity skills are unlocked with the seal of thunder)

• AoEs
  • 1 second cast time
  • Variety of cool down times; electro attack is very quick whilst tesla field is slower
  • Good damage
  • Good in PvM
  • Can be used in PvP
  • Some skills (tesla field) are dependant on luck but most are successful
  • Best skills are electro attack, thunderbolt and tesla field (when it's successful)
  • Many monsters late in the game are resistant to electricity
  • Works best with fire and water

Seal_of_Fire.jpg Fire

(Fire skills are unlocked with the seal of fire)

• AoEs and one single attack
  • 1 to 1.8 second cast time
  • Medium to slow cool down times
  • High damage
  • Good in PvM
  • Can be used in PvP
  • Best skills are whirlwind blaze, scorching earth and phoenix rising
  • Many monsters late in the game are resistant to fire
  • Works best with electricity

Seal_of_Earth.jpg Ground/earth

(Earth skills are unlocked with the seal of earth)

• A good mix of AoEs and an (sort of - please see bard skills) single attack spell
  • 1 to 2.5 second cast times
  • AoEs are good in PvM
  • Not good at PvP
  • Best skill is cleaving terra
  • Only one decent skill
  • Works best with air

Seal_of_Wind.jpg Air/Wind

(Air skills are unlocked by the seal of wind)

• AoEs
  • 0.5 to 2.5 (one skill) cast times
  • Quick cool down times
  • Medium damage
  • Great for PvM
  • Not good at PvP
  • Best skills are wind blaze, whirlwind and razor gale
  • Works best with earth

Seal_of_Water.jpg Water

(water skills are unlocked by the seal of water)

• Single target attacks
  • 1 second cast times
  • Medium to high damage
  • Acceptable at PvM
  • Good at PvP
  • Best skills are drip bomb, icey shackles and shard of the glacier
  • Works best with electricity as it can increase the damage

Element combinations

Minstrelspell.png

You can choose any two elements you wish as long as they are next to each other on the above chart. 

Electricity and Fire

• Generally the most popular combination
  • High power
  • Great for PvM
  • Good for PvP
  • Great AoEs
  • Good single attacks
  • Variety of cool down times
  • However, a lot of high level monsters are fire and electric resistant
  • A well rounded and powerful build
  • Good for witches, better for soul masters

Fire and Earth

• A very uncommon combination
  • Decent power
  • Good for PvM
  • Bad for PvP
  • Good AoEs
  • Lack of single attack skills
  • Mostly slow cast and cool down times
  • However, a lot of high level monsters are fire resistant but cleaving terra has a slow cool down time
  • A build which is AoE orientated
  • Bad for witches, acceptable for soul masters

Earth and Air 

• A popular combination
  • Medium power
  • Great for PvM
  • Not as good for PvP
  • Good AoEs
  • Lack of single attack skills
  • Variety of cool down times
  • Soul masters can fight bosses with these once you have the blessings and space skills - this is due to the power in the speed of attacks
  • Acceptable for witches, good for soul masters

Air and Water

• An uncommon combination
  • Low power
  • Acceptable for PvM
  • Bad PvP
  • Good AoE (wind)
  • Acceptable single attack skills (water)
  • Fast cast and cool down times
  • A well rounded build which is often overlooked
  • Better suited for soul masters than witches

Water and Electricity

• A very uncommon build
  • Very powerful (the shard of glacier increases the power of electricity)
  • Great for PvM
  • Great for PvP
  • Good AoE
  • Great single attack skills
  • Medium cast and cool down times
  • A very powerful build which is very often forgotten about
  • Good for witches, better for soul masters

Which elements to pick?

Pick whichever element combination you feel suits your playing style best. Make sure you are aware of the positives and limitation of each element combination. Honestly, water and earth are supporting elements. So the ones to choose are wind, fire or electricity. Wind has fast cast and cool down times, the power is in the speed. Fire has high damage and medium to slow cool down times. Electricity has medium cast and cool down times, however, the spells can sometimes miss.

Images are from http://wiki.ggftw.com/trickster/

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Bard Skills (2nd Job)

Getting to 2nd job can be difficult for sheep, especially those who have a 1441 or 1432 build. This is because the Kaboom aren't easy to kill, but worse than that are the Naranjos. Those are bouncing boxes who hit really hard, usually one or two hits and a sheep is down. They are also aggressive. My recommendation is to ask a higher level trickster for help. Often you will get help from random people, I got help and I also helped. Alternatively, ask friends or guild members if they can help.

The Bard has many awesome skills open to her. What is available depends on the element combinations (see above). I will be outlining the skills available for each element and how useful I have found them to be*.

*Please note, the comments below are based on my personal experience. Your experience may vary. Basically, please don't come crying to me if you don't like a skill which I have found to be useful.

General Skills

Bolster Ballad (TM 40) - This is a skill which decreases the percentage of MP used for skills. Also works as a party skill for those inside the ring. (It is helpful later on but not really worth the points at 2nd job. The animation does take some time to get used to. Master with 2 x Ironclad Turtle cards).

Elemental Boost (TM 210) - This is a skill which increases your fire, water, wind, electricity and soil attribute percentage. (This skill is not worth the points for a long time. Then only if you have a lot of elemental attributes. The MP used is huge for much gain, master is 15%. Needs bolster ballad mastered to learn. Master with 3 x Ash Solider cards).

Seal_of_Thunder.jpg Electricity/Thunder Skills

Electro Attack (TM 55) - a lightning ball which hits the directed target then jumps to nearby monsters. (This skill is the best electric aoe, at least for a while. It isn't very powerful but you should be able to 2HKO monsters of your level, especially with mist of mana. Master with 2 x Lima cards).

Thunderbolt (TM 70) - a massive thunderbolt which strikes a single target. Damage ranges from 5K to 120K. (This is the best electric single target spell. You can do huge amounts of damage, especially when paired with shard of glacier. Great for PvP and bosses. Master with 3 x Crow card).

Electroshock (TM 90) - a passive skill which immobilises an enemy hit with electro attack. (A great bonus to the electro attack. Requires electro attack level 10 to learn).

Thunder Shield (TM 100) - increases resistance to electric attacks. (A skill for electric based monsters, however, if you MA is high enough you should just OHKO/2HKO monsters your level anyway. Pretty much useless elsewhere unless you are PvP someone who has electric attribute equips or an electric based boss).

Tesla Field (TM 145) - a stationary aoe which is centered on one target and can damage the surrounding monsters. (A a powerful aoe ideal for mobs or fiestas but has a chance to fail, regardless of luck. Requires electro attack level 10 and mana arrow level 10 to learn. Master with 3 x Madam Chiffon cards). 

Seal_of_Fire.jpg Fire Skills

Whirlwind Blaze (TM 55) - a medium power single attack spell. (The only single target available with fire. I would recommend using mana arrow instead if you are short on TM points. Master with 2 x Lima cards). 

Scorching Earth (TM 70) - turns the ground to fire dealing damage over time to those in the spell area. (A great aoe which is available early on. Highly recommended for mobs and fiestas. It's not hugely powerful but the damage over time is helpful. Master with 3 x Crow cards).

Incinerate (TM 110) - an enemy targeted aoe which can affect those in close proximity. (A helpful aoe to use when your scorching earth is recharging. Also works for two people close together in PvP. Requires mana ring level 10 to learn. Master with 3 x Officer Surapat cards).

Fire Shield (TM 100) - increases resistance to fire attacks. (A skill for fire based monsters, however, if you MA is high enough you should just OHKO/2HKO monsters your level anyway. Pretty much useless elsewhere unless you are PvP someone who has fire attribute equips or a fire based boss).

Phoenix Rising (TM 140) - an aoe which summons flames on the ground, burning opponents and causing their HP to drop constantly. (A very powerful aoe which is highly recommend for mobs, fiestas and can be used with PvP and bosses).

Seal_of_Earth.jpg Ground/earth

Cleaving Terra (TM 55) - an aoe which can affect up to 7 monsters. (Your best aoe. It is great for mobs and fiestas. Master with 2 x Lima cards).

Deadly Fen (TM 70) - an aoe which slows down targets and damages then at the same time. (A decent aoe to use when cleaving terra is recharging. Best for mobs and fiestas. Master with 3 x Crow cards).

Summon Boulder (TM 115) - a mostly single target attack which turns into an aoe for enemies very close by. (Your only single target attack, it's not great and not used very much. Requires mana ring level 10 to learn. Master with 3 x Officer Akto cards).

Earth Shield (TM 100) - increases resistance to soil attacks. (A skill for earth based monsters, however, if you MA is high enough you should just OHKO/2HKO monsters your level anyway. Pretty much useless elsewhere unless you are PvP someone who has soil attribute equips or a earth based boss).

Botulism Cloud ** (TM 120) - decreases the targets dexterity. (Can be used with mana web, cast botulism cloud first then mana web. A skill which is mostly irrelevant and not worth the TM points. Requires mana web level 10 to learn. Master with 3 x Dancer Isabelle cards).

** (Please note; it has been brought to my attention the Botulism Cloud spell was glitched in the original Trickster. This may have been fixed on the PlayTrickster server - once I get the TM level and points I will confirm this. Until then please approach with caution).

Seal_of_Wind.jpg Air/Wind

Wind Blade (TM 55) - an aoe which hits up to 5 targets. (Your first aoe. At level 10 and below there is a small chance to fail, at mastery it will always succeed. Master with 2 x Lima cards).

Tornado Blast (TM 70) - an aoe which hits up to 7 targets. (Your second aoe. At level 1 it takes around 7 seconds to cast and hit your targets. However, this decreases to around 1 second at master. Master with 3 x Crow cards).

Whirlwind (TM 105) - an aoe which is centred on the caster. Up to 18 seconds duration at mastery. (A great aoe for mobs and fiestas. However, if you move at all it will deactivate. You can still cast others spells, melee attack, drill and use potions whilst the spell is active. Requires mana storm level 10 to learn. Master with 3 x Officer Surapat cards).

Wind Shield (TM 100) - increases resistance to air attacks. (A skill for air based monsters, however, if you MA is high enough you should just OHKO/2HKO monsters your level anyway. Pretty much useless elsewhere unless you are PvP someone who has air attribute equips or a air based boss).

Razor Gale (TM 135) - a single attack spell which has decent damage. (Your first and only single attack spell. It has decent damage and is handy for boss fights or mini bosses. If you aren't interested in either then don't get razor gale. Requires wind blade level 10 and mana ring level 10 to learn. Master with 3 x Capitan Charman cards).

Seal_of_Water.jpg Water Skills

Drip Bomb (TM 55) - a medium power single target attack spell. (It's the best one you have, for a while, but it's not hugely powerful. I would recommend using mana arrow instead. Master with 2 x Lima cards).

Icey Shackles (TM 70) - traps your enemies for up to 7 seconds, the target is also invincible for the duration of the spell. (A good spell for crowd control but that's about it. Master with 3 x crow cards).

Water Web (TM 85) - brings down an enemies dexterity who has been hit with Drip Bomb. (A passive bonus to the Drip Bomb which is most helpful against PvP or bosses. Requires Mana Web level 1 and Drip Bomb level 10 to learn).

Water Shield (TM 100) - increases resistance to water attacks. (A skill for water based monsters, however, if you MA is high enough you should just OHKO/2HKO monsters your level anyway. Pretty much useless elsewhere unless you are PvP someone who has water attribute equips or a water based boss).

Shard of the Glacier (TM 115) - keeps the target from moving and reduces lightning resistance for up to 3 seconds. (The best water skill when paired with electricity. Best for bosses and PvP. Does have a 10% chance to fail, regardless of luck. Requires mana arrow level 10 to learn. Master with 3 x Dancer Michel card).

Information used from http://wiki.ggftw.co...ter/Bard_Skills

• theblahmonster, sylacks, Ciennymyst and 1 other like this

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Soul master, light witch or dark witch?

300px-Soul_Master.png                   300px-Witch.png

At 3rd job a bard can become a soul master (pure) or go hybrid (light or dark witch).

Each of the jobs have their advantages and limitations. The best thing is to pick the job that suits your playing style.

Soul Master (pure)

Soul masters have domains/spaces spells and blessings. These increase your resistance and decrease your enemies resistance to your chosen element. Due to this they are the most powerful (element wise) of the 3rd jobs.

Advantages

• High power
  • Great aoe skills

Disadvantages

• Lack of shields/debuffs mean they are need high HP
  • You need MA, LK, HP and AC (meaning lots of compounding and decent equip hunting)

Light Witch (hybrid)

Light witches have great shields and supportive spells for you and your party. The best spell is the shield of heaven which pretty much nulls your need for charm stats as it creates a sort of 'barrier' around the caster which is based on MA.

Advantages

• Shields and supportive spells mean you don't die easily
  • No need for HP equips, HP pots and cure

Disadvantages

• Lack of offensive spells
  • Little risk of dying can make the game less exciting for some players

Dark Witch (hybrid)

Dark witches have offensive based spells. They range from damage spells to barriers and even stops the regeneration of the targets HP. They are very well suited to PvP and bossing when they are played correctly.

Advantages

• Lots of high damage spells to choose from
  • Supportive spells which range from sacrificing health for damage, stopping the regeneration of a targets HP and deflecting a lot of physical attacks

Disadvantages

• Lack of defensive spells
  • Lots of spells and less slots than you can actually use, especially with all the spells from 2nd job.

When used right all of the 3rd jobs can be deadly and fun. It's just down to your playing style. Some people also prefer the blue soul master dress  :)

3rd Job

Once you are level 130 / TM 120 and you have chosen whether you will be a soul master (pure) or a witch (hybrid) then you can go through the 3rd job process.

• I'll be honest with you, 3rd job is really difficult. I am not talking hard, but stupidly and maddeningly difficult. That is if you are 130/120, don't use myshop and don't have hax equips.
  • The first annoying part is to get all the items needed for 3rd (more on this soon), items which are often drops from monsters who are level 200 or more.
  • The second annoying part is the trials, the monsters hit seriously hard, like OHKO hard.

I am not trying to put anyone off I am simply saying that you will (probably) be in for a difficult and frustrating time. However, the skills at 3rd make all the blood, sweat and tears worth it!  :D

Items required for 3rd Job

Please click 'spoiler' for more information.

1 x Ticket of the Valiant 

Spoiler

3 x 1 Million Galder Cheque

Spoiler

​1 x Harkon

Spoiler

​​1 x Sacred Water

Spoiler

​​3 x Brass

Spoiler

​​3 x Magnetite

Spoiler

3 x Magic Powder

Spoiler

3 x Glass Piece

Spoiler

1 x Pure Sapphire (Soul Master only)

Spoiler

1 x Amber (Guardian Stone) (Witch only)

Spoiler

The rest of the items are received from the quest. 

Quests 1-6

Quest 1 - Path of Tribulation

Spoiler

Quest 2 - Messengers request

Spoiler

Quest 3 - Guardian stone

Spoiler

Quest 4 - Compass frame

Spoiler

Quest 5 - Room of Ordeal key for compass frame

Spoiler

Quest 6 - Make the compass

Spoiler

Quests 7 - 22 hunt tribunal monsters

These quests are seriously difficult (or at least I found them to be) as the monsters hit really hard. I recommend the following:

• Potions, lots of potions. Spam these as much as possible
  • Get the best equips you can afford and compound them. The better the equips the easier it will be.
  • Go to Megaopolis and get lots (around 50) of revival scrolls. They are expensive at 50K each but they mean you don't have to keep restarting.
  • Master the art of hit and run.
  • If possible, get a skill which has damage over time. Or at least a stun or if nothing else an aoe.
  • Come back if you are getting annoyed. You can continue from the same quest as you left, take a break and come back if you need to.

I completed the quests at level 132 with a 1441 build using a compounded mermaid equip set (no myshop stuff). I used 46 revival scrolls.

Quest 7 - Hunt Tribunal Flame Moth

Spoiler

Quest 8 - Hunt Tribunal Siremaid

Spoiler

Quest 9 - Hunt Tribunal Crow

Spoiler

Quest 10 - Hunt Tribunal Seth

Spoiler

Quest 11 - Hunt Tribunal Shadow

Spoiler

Quest 12 - Hunt Tribunal Tooth Flower

Spoiler

Quest 13 - Hunt Tribunal Hell Knight

Spoiler

Quest 14 - Hunt Tribunal Yeti

This is one of the tribunals I struggled with. I guess because there is the mana reflector which damages a mage. Also, the power of siren song is HP dependent. Try and get the HP as low as possible as they wont hit as hard.

Spoiler

Quest 15 - Hunt Tribunal Koom

Spoiler

Quest 16 - Hunt Tribunal Merman Aku

Spoiler

Quest 17 - Hunt Tribunal Addax

Another hard one - be careful of the siren song and entrancing wink (which stops you from casting spells)

Spoiler

Quest 18 - Hunt Tribunal Stoor Worm

Spoiler

Quest 19 - Hunt Tribunal Madame Chiffon

The berserker skill makes this one a difficult one, avoid being close to any of them.

Spoiler

Quest 20 - Hunt Tribual Freyja

Spoiler

Quest 21 - Hunt Tribunal Fish Guardian Tink

Watch the berserker skill on this one.

Spoiler

Quest 22 - Hunt Tribunal Leviathan

The finale. I found this one so difficult, I lost track of the number of times I died. In the end I found using phoenix rising (a damage over time skill) and avoiding them was the best tactic. Watch out for the mana reflector and more so the siren song and stupidly high HP! Get it down asap, even if you do one hit each then move to the next one. Good luck and remember, last one  :) 

Spoiler

Big congratulations - you are now a soul master or witch!

Confetti_Congrats_Melinda.jpg

Have a cookie and celebrate by getting the awesome skills now available!  :D 

Information used from http://wiki.ggftw.co...Job_Advancement.

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Soul Master Skills

484355.jpg

Soul masters are the most powerful of all the sheep. This is mostly due to the space and blessing skills now available to you

Each element gives you access to one aoe, one space and one blessing.

Obtaining skill cards

In 3rd job you can't buy skill cards from NPCs like you did in 1st and 2nd job.

There are three ways to obtain skill cards:

1. Card packs - dind them in certain card packs (costing 100K galders) available from Card Girl and Merchant Miguel. The card packs also contain other 3rd skillcards, NPC cards and empty cards. You can literally spend millions of galders trying to get the right card.
  2. Monster drops - certain skill cards can be dropped from monsters. They are usually rare, sometimes you will get lucky. They are free but it can be annoying if you don't get the card for ages.
  3. Buy them - skill cards are often for sale in shops. You could look on the forums or post a request. This is the quickest way but it can be expensive. Cards range from 100K galders to 1 million or more galders.

General skills

Dimensional Rift (TM 240) - creates a rip into another dimension and captures enemies inside for a set time. (At mastery it can capture 7 enemies for 6.8 seconds whilst doing damage to them. This is a very handy crowd control spell which also doubles as an aoe. Requires mana shield mastered to learn. Master with 5 x Regent Orc cards. Obtained from monsters in chaos tower floor 34 and above).

Elemental skills

Seal_of_Thunder.jpg Electricity/Thunder

Staff of Thunder (TM 120) - a powerful electric aoe. (Has a quick casting time and a medium cool down time. The visuals are also awesome. Doesn't stun any enemies. Requires mana arrow level 10 and electro attack level 10 to learn. Master with 5 x Slithis cards. Obtained from the card pack Ur).

Raion's Blessing (TM 140) - a bonus to the thunder shield which counter attacks any attacks on the user. (Counter attacks whether the attacks hit or miss.Requires the thunder shield to be active. Once activated it will be active until the thunder shield runs out. A handy extra to the thunder shield which does some extra damage for you. Be aware, it is a nice skill but it is not a shield - it will not protect you against attacks from monsters near your level or higher. Requires thunder shield level 5 to learn. Master with 5 x Purple Worm cards. Dropped by Bone Magician).

Raion's Space (TM 150) - This decreases enemies resistance to fire who are in the target area. (A great bonus in damage for those who are electric/fire. Don't bother if you aren't, unless you party with someone whose element is fire or who has fire attribute equips. Master with 3 x Maid Lydia cards. Dropped by Electric Snail).

Seal_of_Fire.jpg Fire

Dragon Storm (TM 125) - A decent single target attack. (Not overly powerful but can be handy for OHKOs and bossing. Requires mana ring level 10 and whirlwind level 10 to learn. Master with 5 x Myconid cards. Obtained from card pack Thorn).

Salamander's Blessing (TM 140) - a bonus to the thunder shield which counter attacks any attacks on the user. (Counter attacks whether the attacks hit or miss.Requires the fire shield to be active. Once activated it will be active until the fire shield runs out. A handy extra to the thunder shield which does some extra damage for you. Be aware, it is a nice skill but it is not a shield - it will not protect you against attacks from monsters near your level or higher. Requires fire shield level 5 to learn. Master with 5 x Purple Worm cards. Dropped by Aabon).

Salamander's Territory (TM 150)This decreases enemies resistance to earth who are in the target area. (A great bonus in damage for those who are fire/earth. Don't bother if you aren't, unless you party with someone whose element is earth or who has soil attribute equips. Unknown mastery item - please tell me if you do know. Dropped by Fire Moth).

Information from http://wiki.ggftw.co...l_Master_Skills

Image from http://gallery.minit...net/view/484355

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Light witch

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Dark witch

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Grinding spots

Grinding means killing monsters to level up, often instead of doing quests. 

There are three main reasons for this:

1. It is cheaper than quests - that is if you buy the quest items. You can also make money from selling cards and dropped items
  2. It is sometimes faster than quests - that is if you are fighting monsters higher than your level, especially when aoes are used
  3. It is easier to keep your TM level close to your exp level - most quests just give exp but no TM exp. Often the TM level starts lagging behind. As you get TM exp as well as exp for killing monsters then it is easier to keep the levels similar.

There are some grinding spots or monsters to kill that are better for sheep or any magic type. This is because some monsters are magic weak, making them much easier to kill. Due to this people can fight monsters much higher than their exp level, making it very quick to level up.

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Equips

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Reserved - just in case

Sylph

Sylph

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPyramid Dungeon 6
  • IGN:Callisto/Ganymede
  • Class:Soul Master/Card Master
  • Level:what

Cleaving Terra (TM 55) - a high damage aoe which can affect up to 7 monsters. (Your best aoe and one of the best at 2nd job. It is high damage and brilliant for mobs and fiestas. Master with 2 x Lima cards).

Didn't read through the whole guide, but I wouldn't say this about Cleaving Terra. It's one of the best AoEs for Magic types but it's fairly weak.

Posted Image Callisto - Wind/Earth Soul Master
Posted Image Ganymede - Future Duke

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Didn't read through the whole guide, but I wouldn't say this about Cleaving Terra. It's one of the best AoEs for Magic types but it's fairly weak.

Thank you for your feedback. I remember the cleaving terra to be high damage (when I played on the official server). I will change it if someone else agrees that isn't not high damage.

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • IGN:LinaInverse
  • Class:Witch
  • Level:400

Thank you for your feedback. I remember the cleaving terra to be high damage (when I played on the official server). I will change it if someone else agrees that isn't not high damage.

I agree, that it is not high damage.  Amazing for grinding, but its damage is low relative to other skills.

EDIT:  forgot to add, guide is looking quite nice, keep up the good work :D

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

I agree, that it is not high damage.  Amazing for grinding, but its damage is low relative to other skills.

EDIT:  forgot to add, guide is looking quite nice, keep up the good work :D

Thank you both, I guess what I meant to say was that it is a decent aoe power wise. I have made the mentioned changes.

Silmera, thank you for your feedback  :)

Sakuu

Sakuu

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMy Kingdom
  • IGN:Sakuu
  • Class:Dark Witch
  • Level:1xx

I love this guide. I cantt wait for you to finish it

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

I love this guide. I cantt wait for you to finish it

Thank you! I am trying to include as much detail as possible and I am trying not to rush it  :)

I will be working on third job today  :D

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • IGN:Cannot be left blank

I like this guide alot, so much to read, so much information *o* <3

Btw, am I the only one who can't see the pictures on the top of the posts?

9l0zUv3.png

Sakuu

Sakuu

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMy Kingdom
  • IGN:Sakuu
  • Class:Dark Witch
  • Level:1xx

I like this guide alot, so much to read, so much information *o* <3

Btw, am I the only one who can't see the pictures on the top of the posts?

I cant see them either D:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Witch, Light Witch, Magic, Soul master, Liliana, Sheep, Guide, Dark Witch