• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • IGN:TimertheBunneh
  • Class:Duelist
  • Level:-

Welcome to...

~*~*~Timer-chan's Guide to Creating the Perfect Character!~*~*~

Ever wanted to create a new character, but unsure of what class or build to go for? Well you showed up at the right place! This guide will serve as a basic overview of all the classes in the game as well as what builds to go for and all that stuff.

Before I get started...

I already know about MyDecember's guide. I just wanted to throw in my two cents. Besides, there's nothing wrong with multiple guides on the same topic...right?

Okay, on to the guide! owo

Section 1: An Overview of the Character Creation Screen

Here is where it all starts: the character creation screen! I'm throwing this in there because you never know if a newbie is reading this guide or not.

BnWwr2z.png

(pardon the crappy diagramming ;-; )

See those numbers I put on there? They're pretty darn important, if you ask me. I'll be going over each of them right now:

1) Available classes. I'll be going over the pros and cons of each later.

2) A preview of your soon-to-be created character. The button in the lower right rotates your character. Keep that in mind, just to be safe.

3) The box where you enter your name and choose your character's hair color. There are more colors out there, but you'll need Myshop (or a ton of galder) to get them.

4) General info on your selected class. These are hard facts about them, so read them top to bottom, left to right, word for word. Memorize them too!

5) Your build graph. This is, without a doubt, the most important aspect of this screen. When you level up, the number of points you have selected for your character (in this case, my bun would get four points to Power and Charm and only one point to Sense and Magic) will be distributed automatically. You will also get four bonus points to spend however you would like. There are points to a level (as in, if you put a 4 in the power portion of the graph, it will gain a whole level when you level up). Keep in mind that whatever class you choose automatically has a 4 in their type, and that cannot be changed. If you ever want to change your build graph (and regain all of you bonus points) I hope you have 22k Myshop points. (Okay, it's actually 21,900, but it's close enough.)

Next up, your class guide! Isn't it exciting?! :D

• kahlua, Gwyn, Tathagata and 1 other like this

TimertheBunneh (Duelist)PoisonScorpio (Dark Lord)PiXieStiX (Soul Master, elements water/elec)MadJungle (Gambler)Daitenshi (Priest)McFallen (Thief Master)

Hyped for Paula? Here's a guide on what to expect!

TimertheBunneh

TimertheBunneh

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Section 2: The eight classes and which you should pick

There are eight classes (plus one that we'll probably never get, but I'm putting it out there anyway cause you never know) in Trickster. I'll be going over each and every one of them here.

Power Types

Power types are your generic melee characters. They hit fast and hard and deal the most physical damage. I have had the best luck with power types and I'd recommend them to anyone, but this is a guide for all types, not just power types.

General Power Type Recommendations

A build of 4123 is what I personally recommend for power types. You may not get as much HP and defense as a 4114, but that extra weight (the amount of items you can carry) and luck (for critical hits and blocking %) will certainly pay off in the long run. Of course, there are others as well (4141 anyone? XD) but this is just what I think.

I would put all bonus points into AP (attack power). It makes you hit harder and it goes up every level, so why not?

Schoolgirl_2.gif The bunny

The bunny is the female power type and specializes in one-on-one fights. This class prefers accuracy over attack speed. If you choose this class, you'll gain more precise attacks at the cost of being able to hit multiple enemies.

Bunny Recommendations

Learn Burning Rave and get it to level 10 as quickly as you can. Shockwave is a good skill too, but Burning Rave is much more important. This is because as a Boxer, you are guaranteed access to Quad Punch, which allows you to learn Tetra Punch, one of the best skills in the game.

Should you choose Champion as your 3rd job, be prepared to run from mobs. Champions only have one attack that hits multiple enemies, and it has a very small range...not to mention that you can't learn it until your TM is 240!

I would recommend going Duelist for 3rd job. You already have good PvP skills (looking at you, Tetra Punch), so all you need is good PvE skills to balance it out!

TO_Mercenary_1.gif The buffalo

The buffalo is the male power type and specializes in multiple targets and elemental attributes. This class prefers speed over accuracy. Should you choose this class, you'll gain lots of multi-target skills at the cost of PvP performance. Elemental attribute is imperative for this class.

Buffalo Recommendations
The Shockwave skill is more important here because the supplement skill that you can learn after advancing to 2nd job is much better--it's a full stun compared to the bunny's skill, which is simply making the enemy unable to dodge or block.

Learn Lacerator and Piercing Wave and level both to 10 as quickly as possible. This way you will gain access to both Tidal Slash (a directional AoE) and Earthquake Blade (think the Sheep's Cleaving Terra skill but for power types). Lightning Strike is also a VERY good skill.

In all honesty, you could go either way when it comes to your third job. The Gladiator is good for those who love PvE, while the Mercenary is good for those that want to make up for the poor PvP performance.

I hear Gladiators with Air Attribute are overpowered as all heck, especially with the "Chizerk" formula (Chi Sword + Berzerker). Add that up with Gale Strike and congrats, you're now the perfect PvE machine!

Coming soon: magic types and beyond!

Edited by TimertheBunneh, 30 August 2017 - 02:52 AM.

• Tathagata, LegendHeartsII and iStormyLlewellyn like this

TimertheBunneh (Duelist)PoisonScorpio (Dark Lord)PiXieStiX (Soul Master, elements water/elec)MadJungle (Gambler)Daitenshi (Priest)McFallen (Thief Master)

TimertheBunneh

TimertheBunneh

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Okay, back to the guide! Today, I'm going to teach you about

~*~*~Magic Types!~*~*~

oooh, sparklies.

General Magic Type Recommendations

I recommend a build of 1432 for this class. This way you have good luck and weight while still having some HP as well.

As for your bonus points...pure MA. That's it. No pure LK, no hybrids. Just raw damage output. You gain 1 MA every 2 levels if you go this route.

Expect to be running out of MP a lot. That's all your mage can use (unless you do an AP mage :P). This is especially notable when you're first starting out, as you only have so much MP.

For the love of crap, learn and master Mana Arrow, Cure, Mist of Mana (learn Bottle of Mana inbetween Cure and Mist, but just keep that at level 1) and Arrow Rush ASAP. You will be using them up until at least 3rd job trials, I promise, and in the case of Cure and Mist, far beyond that.

Soul_Master-happy.gif The sheep

The sheep is the female magic type. It prefers elemental magic over light and dark magic. There are many ways you can play a sheep, and those ways are detailed in the image below:

Minstrelspell.png

While this chart may not apply until 2nd job, it's good to plan ahead. Fire, electricity, and water are single-target elements (well, maybe not electricity, since one of the attacks can hurt nearby enemies) and air and ground (commonly labeled as wind and earth) are your multi-target elements.

Element Recommendations

I'm not sure if you've figured it out yet, but you can only use two elements at a time, and even then it can only be one of the combos listed in the chart above. Here I'm going to list the pros and cons of each element and what situation they would be best suited for.

Fire: The strongest of the elements, though it is hampered by the multitude of fire-resistant monsters late in the game. Good for PvP and PvE. Best with electricity.

Electricity: A nice and flashy (coughcoughstaffofthundercough) element with a good stunning support skill. Good for PvP (bring on the Electro Attack with the stun!) and PvE. Best with fire.

Water: Like electricity but not as flashy. Has a lot more stun skills, though. Good for PvP and possibly PvE as well (someone get me info on this) Best with electricity (one of the skills decreases elec resist)

Air: Good multi-target element with fast cool times. Good for PvE. Best with Earth,

Ground: As a ggFTW user once said, "when people say Earth, they mean Cleaving Terra.". Known for its crappy cool times. Good for PvE. Best with air.

Sheep recommendations

I got all the element stuff out of the way, so read up on that. Top to bottom, left to right and all that.

For 3rd job, you could go either way. Soul Masters are really out of luck in the skills department but get the spaces (which debuffs enemies to a certain element, depending on which one you learned) and blessings, which reflect damage based off of your AC. For witches (hybrid), go dark if you want better attack skills, or go light if you really want Shield of Heaven and good healing skills. (More on Shield of Heaven in just a bit)

TO_DarkLord_1.gif The dragon

Okay, let me get this out of the way first--dragons are awesome in Trickster. They look cool and have awesome skills.

Okay, I'm through fangirling. Dragons are the male magic type and specialize in being very versatile after the 2nd job advancement. You can either go dark and have good single-target (mostly, looking at you Gravity Crush) attack skills, or you can go light and get good multi-target attacks and healing skills. Pick whichever you would like. These guys are excellent for PvP (dark) and GvG (light) but have good PvE qualities as well. (Really though, does ANYONE GvG?)

Dragon recommendations
If you go light, learn and master Shield of Heaven (don't forget to meet its prerequisites as well!) ASAP, preferably before trials. This skill creates a barrier based off your MA. If you stack it with Mist of Mana (not sure if it's possible though, someone confirm this) you'll be practically invincible.

Should you go dark, be sure to learn Dark Lance and Dark Barrier before the trials. They are excellent skills, not to mention that Dark Lance is a prerequisite for Staff of Agony and Scythe (two Dark Lord skills)

Dragons are unique in terms of third job. When you enter the Room of Guardian, you will have three messengers instead of two. This is due to you only being able to learn dark or light skills, but not both. However, even then you can only choose two of the three available, the pure one that matches your pact and the hybrid class. Future Dark Lords have a very unique quest path to go through in terms of job advancement as well! (No digging for that Harkon!)

I will admit that it would be funny to see a Priest using dark skills. XD

Next up, Sense types!

• Tathagata and LegendHeartsII like this

TimertheBunneh

TimertheBunneh

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Sense Types

Sense types are really unique in terms of fighting styles. You have the fox, who uses landmines and throwing items for attacks, and the lion, who uses guns. If one thing's for sure, it's that these guys are pretty darn...unique.

General Sense Type Recommendations

I recommend a 1144 build for both classes. Foxes don't really need power or magic, while lions will need that extra charm. Trust me on this.

For foxes, go pure DA. It's the power source of your throwing attacks (and I assume mines as well). For lions, go pure AC. It's where all your gun power comes from. Now you veterans may be thinking, "but AC is a power stat! Shouldn't we put more in power?" Well, these are just recommendations. Follow this guide if you want to, it's your call. If you're one of those weird folks that decide to go pure WT (mules) I see no problem with that. Make your character how you want it, and remember that this is only a guide.

Thief_Master_1.gif (What does) The fox (say?)

Yes folks, that is still a thing. Now don't say anything about it.

The fox is the female sense type and specializes in landmines and shurikens. She also has good drilling and compounding skills as well. Choose this class, and you'll be a freaking ninja. (Especially if you're a Thief Master, with that Hide skill!)

Fox recommendations

If you want to do a gunner fox, make sure that you want to go Hunter Lord for your third job. There are very few Explorer skills that will help you in your situation, if any.

Make sure to equip weapons with DA, or are able to be compounded with DA. No ifs, ands, or rear ends. This only applies to shuriken or drilling foxes, in my opinion. Comping MP is also imperative, as you'll be using skills all the time.

For third job, it depends on your preferred fighting style. Go Thief Master if you like planting mines and tossing random pointy things, or go Hunter Lord if you like shooting at things. Pew pew pew!

TO_Cyber_Hunter_1.gif The lion

The lion is the male sense type and specializes in single-target gun attacks. They may be slow grinders, but it will definitely pay off in the end. Choose this class if you'd like something similar to the bunny, but with better drilling capabilities.

Lion recommendations

The Gun Booster, Power Shot, and Speedloader skills are bound to be your best friends. One boosts power, one shoots with power, and one reduces the time you need between shots...with POWER.

Lions have earlier access to Shield Breaker and Lucky Fist. I hear these skills are VERY useful, so if you want them, so learn the Lucky Seven skill--which also means going for Stone Strike and Armor Destructor. Do NOT make a hybrid fox for this skill alone!

Similar to the fox, if you want to use throwing items, go for Cyber Hunter. If you want to keep shooting stuff, go for Scientist. The choice is yours.

Next up, Charm types! :3

Edited by TimertheBunneh, 30 August 2017 - 02:46 AM.

• Tathagata and LegendHeartsII like this

TimertheBunneh

TimertheBunneh

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Charm Types

Here we are folks, the last part of the guide. Charm types are quite the strange ones--they play just like a power type, but specialize in defense and have transformation skills.

Fair warning--I have never understood these chars. I've gotten both to 2nd but then lost interest and deleted them.

General Charm Type Recommendations

Dodge Master and Physical Training are pretty much required well before your 2nd job advancement. Get those two learned and mastered ASAP.

Builds are an oddball in my opinion. It's really up to whether you want to play offensively or defensively.

Distribution is the same. I would go pure AP, pure HP, or Pure HV, depending on how you want to play. Your call.

Please note that if you decide to go for a hybrid 3rd job, you cannot learn any of the other class's transformation skills. So don't do it for that reason.

Whether you PvP or not, get Mana Reflector. You'll need it, trust me.

Primadonna_animation1.gif  The cat

The cat is the female charm type and is more oriented towards offense. Her 1-on-1 fighting style makes her good in PvP, but like the bunny, she fails in mobs.

Cat recommendations

Power Blow and Titanium Wrist are pretty much required in terms of cats. (Not to mention that Power Blow and Volley Kick are required for the Primadonna's 2-Hit Combo skill.)

As always. the 3rd job depends on your tastes and preferred fighting style. Primadonnas are good for those who want more use out of Evolution (the cat's transformation skill) while divas have ranged attacks.

Sumo Suit is imperative to learn, as it reduces the amount of damage you take from both physical and magic attacks. Stack it with Mana Reflector for even greater effect, but be sure to cast Mana Reflector first!

TO_Card_Master-clap.gif The (rac)coon

The raccoon is the male charm type and is more oriented towards defense. His main skills are card-based ranged attacks.

Raccoon Recommendations

Super Hips is an absolute must. It allows you to avoid all power and critical attacks from an enemy of similar level.

Metamorphosis isn't exactly required, but if you want to fool around with it then go ahead.

I cannot recommend Impelling Rage (and if you go pure, Power Charging) enough, especially if you go pure HP.

One Pair and Lady Luck are important as well. One Pair allows two cards to be thrown and Lady Luck increases the number of cards that can be thrown with One Pair.

Pure coons have lots of good AoEs. Hybrids have good one-on-one skills. It's like a buffalo but with no attribute needed! (The reverse can be said for cats.)

That's it for the guide! It will be updated if need be. Hope it helps!

Edited by TimertheBunneh, 30 August 2017 - 02:57 AM.

• Samaniego, Tathagata, LegendHeartsII and 1 other like this

Liliana

Liliana

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • IGN:Seren

Wow, this is absolutely brilliant! It outlines all the aspects of each class whilst still leaving you to do more in-depth research. I would like to thank you for the time and effort that has gone into this guide  :)

Totomeii

Totomeii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUSA, California
  • IGN:Totomei
  • Class:Boxer

love love looooove this guide, thank you so much for writing this up and sharing it. it's very informative and easy to understand! ♥  ^_^

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • IGN:HangedMan / CloseToYou
  • Class:Gambler / Duke
  • Level:Saiyan

I wanted to add something about Soul Masters and Raccoon.

Soul master has more than that 1 extra attacking skill per element once they advance, they got an even better skill which is their space skill and it is an absolute must to get for all future SM. This skill seriously wrecks bosses defenses and allows them to boss really fast compared to its hybrid counterpart.

As for raccoon, only duke focuses more on 1 v 1 damage. Gambler has more useful AoE skill damage compared to their single target damage [Impelling Rage, Full House, Four Of A Kind, Power Charging, Mass Destruction compared to One Pair / Card Strike]

That's all. Other than that, this is a really good guide and simple looking !! Hopefully this will help new players a lot. :)

Spoiler

Bongohead

Bongohead

Tree Sap

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • IGN:Geepie
  • Level:399.9

Make sure to equip weapons with DA, or are able to be compounded with DA. Of course this only applies to the melee foxes (in which case selecting a build other than 1144 is your best bet) so if you go any other way, disregard this sentence.

This sentence is confusing 

DA is the stat on which most Fox's skills are based (most of them are ranged). 1144 pure DA would give you most skill damage and high survivability.

Melee, on the other hand, means normal-hitting, and you need AP and Attr. for that to work. Melee foxes usually go LK to get more crits, and they don't really need DA if they'll be meleeing rather than using their skills. Also, build is more likely to have more Power (2143, 3142, 4141).

kahlua

kahlua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Perfect, simple guide! very good if youre starting out or jsut making a new char :D

TimertheBunneh

TimertheBunneh

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Finally back to this guide! I was afraid I was getting negative responses to it (which is why I never got back to it until now) but seeing it pinned and these responses was a relief.

Neal and Bongohead, I have taken note of your comments and have edited the posts to reflect such. :)

Is there anything else I should add? Like server specific tips and such?

Hero

Hero

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • IGN:MADHero
  • Class:All types
  • Level:250+350

epic post. good sense 1144 is tank

TimertheBunneh

TimertheBunneh

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Updated the sense and charm type posts a little bit thanks to better experience with both.

TimertheBunneh

TimertheBunneh

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Updated all posts with better information!

No, there will not be a Paula section.

TimertheBunneh

TimertheBunneh

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Hey guys! I updated the posts again, now that I have experience with other classes. Let me know if I need to fix anything.