• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationRhode Island, USA
  • IGN:iKandel
  • Class:Priest
  • Level:36x

Emails and Lock Codes

The Mod Team has come to notice an influx of users messaging us for the GM to reset their lock codes or telling us they’ve forgotten their emails. GM Wan will NOT be resetting any lock codes or emails. You can stop asking. It’s your responsibility as users to remember your own lock codes or use LEGITIMATE email addresses. It’s not our responsibility to babysit your information.

As users, you’re given all the tools needed to reset your account passwords and secure codes under the “Manage Account” function on the website. That’s what it’s there for. If you don’t receive the emails, that’s your issue to take up with your email provider. Several of the mods, including myself, have tested the reset features, and we’ve all received the reset emails.

As players in the game, it’s YOUR responsibility to remember your log in information and passcodes, not ours.

If you have issues finding were to reset your lock codes or passwords, you can ask in the forums, however, asking us to have your passcodes reset will not be addressed. You have the feature to do it yourself, can use that feature to do it yourself.

Forum Accounts

You’re allowed one forum account. Duplicates, once found will be deleted or banned. Any warning points accumulated across those accounts will be added to the present used account, and if you’ve hit the required amount of points for disciplinary action, it will be taken.

Accounts created by siblings are under exceptions. We do know that there may be people in the same house that both play. Those will be handled on a case by case basis.

• Nariann, Deryl, Daniel and 5 others like this

tumblr_n9p5zf9oIT1qzy7wao4_250.gif

"You Have A Response For Everything How Bout You Go Read A Book?" -unknown 2014

Kitame

Kitame

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • IGN:BunnyLarua

i had this idea of making the E-Mail of the same one used for registering, it worked.

just leaving this information for those who went and used a fake email.

next time make the E-Mail first before making a game account.

Phantasus

Phantasus

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • IGN:Phantasus
  • Class:Wizzard
  • Level:262

i dont remember my email :x

Enigma Recrutando guild sem panelinha para amizades novas ou antigas!

Só dar appl

Delete

Delete

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • IGN:NZSS9
  • Class:Retired
Also take note on which email provider you are using. I had to make a new email account under a different email provider as my primary one doesn't receive any validation. This goes to forum as well.
Status in-game: Retired

snsd-banner-jpg.jpg
~Sooyoung~~~Yoona~~~~Sunny~~~~~Yuri~~~~Taeyeon~~~Seohyun~~~Tiffany~~~~Hyoyeon~~~Jessica~

xxiaml

xxiaml

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Is it possible to send the email I think I registered with to the GM and ask him to check if it's right?
Cause I haven't been getting those resets emails for both lock codes and passwords, maybe my email is wrong or it's the email provider?

Kandel

Kandel

Black Swamp Explorer

• Members
  • 936 posts

Is it possible to send the email I think I registered with to the GM and ask him to check if it's right?
Cause I haven't been getting those resets emails for both lock codes and passwords, maybe my email is wrong or it's the email provider?

LOL  :lol:

• Lys, Izumikun and Decisions like this

xxiaml

xxiaml

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Umm, is that a yes or a no? o.o

norbi91

norbi91

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSomewhere far from the rainbow
  • IGN:HolyCelestial
  • Class:Warrior
  • Level:xxx

Umm, is that a yes or a no? o.o

To met that sounded like a rude way of saying 'no, tough luck' as it was a genuine laugh in the face to the problem

It might be the player's duty to keep everything in mind, but the fact is a fact, there are various email providers that, based on location and/or other bullshit, tend to take their sweet time in receiving a given email, IF the email reaches them at all whatsoever.

I have experienced such myself, especially when it came to yahoo, as emails from certain sites took a day, even more days to actually arrive, some past the time-restraint you are given to activate the given link they send, and other times the email just never came. Even after resending again and again, never did one arrive. So I'd say what I say to my dear kittycat too: ALWAYS keep EVERYTHING noted, no matter what code/password/numbercodenumericcr*p, keep note of it, you never know when something like this might happen, sadly, ESPECIALLY IF YOU DONATE. Because even when an email doesn't arrive once, one day it might just work normally (I for example once tried registering to an MMO site, the email never came, two years later tried again with the same email, and lo it arrived almost instantly, so you never know)

Sadly considering the decision the GM's have brought, those who are not receiving their desired emails are either needed to wait patiently for the day it finally arrives (and try regularly to resend) or just create a new account (which is sad for anyone after so much work put into it)

Kitame

Kitame

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • IGN:BunnyLarua

the email delays might be caused by their uber slow infrastructure getting bottle-necked during rush hours, spam mails across their entire user-base just makes this worse - similar to DDOS attacks.

in any case i'm pretty sure they made it clear that they would not entertain anything related to account email.

Kandel

Kandel

Black Swamp Explorer

• Members
  • 936 posts

the email delays might be caused by their uber slow infrastructure getting bottle-necked during rush hours, spam mails across their entire user-base just makes this worse - similar to DDOS attacks.

in any case i'm pretty sure they made it clear that they would not entertain anything related to account email.

thank you

To met that sounded like a rude way of saying 'no, tough luck' as it was a genuine laugh in the face to the problem

Well to me, that sounded like BOTH of you obviously didn't READ the announcement to begin with.

xxiaml

xxiaml

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I'm asking for the GM to personally reset my lock code/password o.o
I'm trying to check if my email is right, and yes, you did say that its our issue to take up with our email providers, but what would be the point of starting an argument with them if it was actually just my email that was incorectly put in :0
And also, I don't think I'm asking for any additional information, just checking if my email is actually correct.
I know you said anything to do with email is untolerated, and I assume that's because of privacy reasons, so isn't it ok to ask the GM privately because I'm not asking for any additional information?

Kandel

Kandel

Black Swamp Explorer

• Members
  • 936 posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I'm asking for the GM to personally reset my lock code/password o.o
I'm trying to check if my email is right, and yes, you did say that its our issue to take up with our email providers, but what would be the point of starting an argument with them if it was actually just my email that was incorectly put in :0
And also, I don't think I'm asking for any additional information, just checking if my email is actually correct.
I know you said anything to do with email is untolerated, and I assume that's because of privacy reasons, so isn't it ok to ask the GM privately because I'm not asking for any additional information?

Anything to do with checking emails, resetting emails, correcting emails is implied in this announcement. GM Wan is not going to check if it's correct. Players are responsible for correctly filling out their information and checking it before they submit it. 

xxiaml

xxiaml

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Mmk, thanks for the info.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3661 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief
  • Level:400

Please take note that players must also remember their passwords and username for game accounts because if you forgot those information, you won't be able to log onto the website and you won't be able to reset your password. To reset password, you need to know the old password. You cannot sent me a PM asking for your password. Anyone can send me PM asking for supposedly forgotten information such as username, password and email address, and claim that such and such accounts belong to them simply by using the evidence that they know the IGNs of chars in those accounts. The thing is, I have no way of knowing whether or not you are actually the original owner of those accounts.

Players who have traded accounts tend to do this to us, and we have already made it clear we are not helping with traded accounts. Players who share accounts and have gotten themselves locked out of their accounts (their account-sharers change the passwords) also tend to ask us to give them the new passwords by pretending they have forgotten them. Again, we don't get involved when you have problems because you share your accounts.

Account-shares also tend to pretend they got hacked when actually their items have been taken by their sharers. This is another reason why we don't encourage you to share your accounts, because your account-sharer BFF today may be your mortal enemy tomorrow. 

Hackers are even smarter. They are able to hack your user name, your password, and get into your account, but then they are not able to steal your items because of your lock code. So then they would contact us saying they have reset their lock code but did not receive the reset code in the email, so could us please reset it for them? So what would happen would be, we reset the lock code, and now the hacker has complete access to all your items.

This is why we don't want to do lock code reset for players.

Players who have left the game, come back, and claim to have forgotten information about their accounts, and ask us to give those to them, we are sorry we are not in the position to help you. If your game accounts are important enough for you, you would have kept all the information. If you forgot, then you simply have to make a new account and start fresh.

We are in a very difficult position. As much as we want to help players, we also must not help anyone getting unauthorised access to any game account. We have received abuse from those whom we can't/didn't help, but your abuse would not help you in any way. It definitely is not going to soften our hearts into helping you.

So, please take care when you create an account. Use a properly working email. Type it in correctly. Keep all your information safe somewhere in case you need to take a break from the game and come back later. And please understand that, unless we know you personally and well, we would not be able to help you because your authenticity would be difficult to establish.  

• Pikagirl likes this

Pikagirl

Pikagirl

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • IGN:LisaraxRyousuke
  • Class:Sheep
  • Level:265/400

Please take note that players must also remember their passwords and username for game accounts because if you forgot those information, you won't be able to log onto the website and you won't be able to reset your password. To reset password, you need to know the old password. You cannot sent me a PM asking for your password. Anyone can send me PM asking for supposedly forgotten information such as username, password and email address, and claim that such and such accounts belong to them simply by using the evidence that they know the IGNs of chars in those accounts. The thing is, I have no way of knowing whether or not you are actually the original owner of those accounts.

Players who have traded accounts tend to do this to us, and we have already made it clear we are not helping with traded accounts. Players who share accounts and have gotten themselves locked out of their accounts (their account-sharers change the passwords) also tend to ask us to give them the new passwords by pretending they have forgotten them. Again, we don't get involved when you have problems because you share your accounts.

Account-shares also tend to pretend they got hacked when actually their items have been taken by their sharers. This is another reason why we don't encourage you to share your accounts, because your account-sharer BFF today may be your mortal enemy tomorrow. 

Hackers are even smarter. They are able to hack your user name, your password, and get into your account, but then they are not able to steal your items because of your lock code. So then they would contact us saying they have reset their lock code but did not receive the reset code in the email, so could us please reset it for them? So what would happen would be, we reset the lock code, and now the hacker has complete access to all your items.

This is why we don't want to do lock code reset for players.

Players who have left the game, come back, and claim to have forgotten information about their accounts, and ask us to give those to them, we are sorry we are not in the position to help you. If your game accounts are important enough for you, you would have kept all the information. If you forgot, then you simply have to make a new account and start fresh.

We are in a very difficult position. As much as we want to help players, we also must not help anyone getting unauthorised access to any game account. We have received abuse from those whom we can't/didn't help, but your abuse would not help you in any way. It definitely is not going to soften our hearts into helping you.

So, please take care when you create an account. Use a properly working email. Type it in correctly. Keep all your information safe somewhere in case you need to take a break from the game and come back later. And please understand that, unless we know you personally and well, we would not be able to help you because your authenticity would be difficult to establish.  

Aran's 100% right in this explanation even in the past I've witnessed this happen to countless players of other game's the step Aran and GM Wan are taking is 100% correct so no one has the right to judge them for not helping in these cases.

• StickyRice likes this

cant post my siggy so i have to post it in link form :(

http://i1.ytimg.com/...0/hqdefault.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lymFqMe.png