• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, U.S.
  • IGN:Deviance
  • Class:Warrior
  • Level:11x

Hey everyone!

I have just gotten into the chaos tower and I am learning about the various bad codes and stuff you get from Part-Timer's integer quests. I am trying to get a decent lv.110 shield but that is beside the point. I did his quest on the 6th floor 3 times and got bad code A each time, but the helm's I got were all garbage.

What I am wondering is... What is your personal experience with these Chaos items? Are they generally bad? How many exchanges does it take to get one with decent stats? ALSO... does upgrading the item to Requiem completely change the stats or does it just improve the stats that are already given?

Thanks yo!

chda08

chda08

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA
  • IGN:Pharmacist/Charl
  • Class:Gambler/Champion
  • Level:24x/24x
I've never found a Chaos equip worth using. Also, using a Requiem Marble to change it Requiem completely changes its stats (including slots, I do believe). Some Requiem stuff can get quite good, especially of you happen to be lucky enough to get a 4-slotted equip.

Deviance

Deviance

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I've never found a Chaos equip worth using. Also, using a Requiem Marble to change it Requiem completely changes its stats (including slots, I do believe). Some Requiem stuff can get quite good, especially of you happen to be lucky enough to get a 4-slotted equip.

Hmm cool. Yeah i am just trying to decide if farming the integer orbs is worth my time... Interesting that converting it to Requiem completely changes the stats, seems overly risky to me. Yeah true I have seen some good requiem equips too, but is it just as rare to see them as boss uniques?

Have you or anyone else had luck with the Stage Requiem boxes? Seems like a waste to blow 400-600k for a stage 1 box without even knowing the stats...

Thoughts...?

Light Yagami

Light Yagami

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Spoiler

Some people like to gamble, some people want to play it safe. To each their own. I opened a couple of Stage boxes, and they gave me Altiverse boxes (which is good), but when I open the Altiverse boxes, they give me crappy equips (which is bad).

Everything is a game of chance. If people could easily obtain equips with hax stuff, then where's the fun in that? People won't work hard for it and savor it as much if it came too easy.

• Nayh, ohreallynao and Zylo like this

chda08

chda08

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA
  • IGN:Pharmacist/Charl
  • Class:Gambler/Champion
  • Level:24x/24x

Hmm cool. Yeah i am just trying to decide if farming the integer orbs is worth my time... Interesting that converting it to Requiem completely changes the stats, seems overly risky to me. Yeah true I have seen some good requiem equips too, but is it just as rare to see them as boss uniques?

Have you or anyone else had luck with the Stage Requiem boxes? Seems like a waste to blow 400-600k for a stage 1 box without even knowing the stats...

Thoughts...?

I always open all my Stage boxes. However, if I get an Altiverse box out of that, I almost always sell the Altiverse box.

There is some high potential with Requiem gear as well. One time, I opened a Stage box and didn't get an Altiverse box. I was slightly disappointed, and just checked out what the Requiem equip was. It turned out to be a 4s Requiem Helm of Honor which I sold fairly quickly for 60k MyShop points (or approximately 180m). Now I'm not saying that's very common at all, but even 3s Requiem gear is pretty useful, in my opinion, and it isn't nearly as rare.

For the Stage 1 boxes, though, it MIGHT be better just to sell the Stage boxes (if you are able to, I don't know. Like I said earlier, I open all my Stage boxes). The difference in price between a Stage 1 box and an Altiverse Spiritual Box is not worth the risk, in my opinion.

Deviance

Deviance

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Spoiler

Some people like to gamble, some people want to play it safe. To each their own. I opened a couple of Stage boxes, and they gave me Altiverse boxes (which is good), but when I open the Altiverse boxes, they give me crappy equips (which is bad).

Everything is a game of chance. If people could easily obtain equips with hax stuff, then where's the fun in that? People won't work hard for it and savor it as much if it came too easy.

Cool thanks for the comment! Yeah theres no fun if you get good stuff every time :)

I always open all my Stage boxes. However, if I get an Altiverse box out of that, I almost always sell the Altiverse box.

There is some high potential with Requiem gear as well. One time, I opened a Stage box and didn't get an Altiverse box. I was slightly disappointed, and just checked out what the Requiem equip was. It turned out to be a 4s Requiem Helm of Honor which I sold fairly quickly for 60k MyShop points (or approximately 180m). Now I'm not saying that's very common at all, but even 3s Requiem gear is pretty useful, in my opinion, and it isn't nearly as rare.

For the Stage 1 boxes, though, it MIGHT be better just to sell the Stage boxes (if you are able to, I don't know. Like I said earlier, I open all my Stage boxes). The difference in price between a Stage 1 box and an Altiverse Spiritual Box is not worth the risk, in my opinion.

Ah nice, thats a good strategy! Can you clear something up for me though.. what is 3s and 4s? All i know is that you need 4s coupons for that inferno gear which is

S E X.

Crim

Crim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Cool thanks for the comment! Yeah theres no fun if you get good stuff every time :)

Ah nice, thats a good strategy! Can you clear something up for me though.. what is 3s and 4s? All i know is that you need 4s coupons for that inferno gear which is

S E X.

Those would be the amount of slots that the item has available for compounding. The coupons that you are referring to for inferno gear are actually called 4g.

pokota

pokota

Tribunal Leviathan 2nd Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • IGN:YetAnotherDPCoon
  • Class:Card Master
  • Level:70

I'm aiming on my bunny to craft really good chaos/requiem equips; Professor Komby has a natural success rate of 70% on forging and a Willie's Stabilizer only guarantees that the forging will work, so there's really no reason not to forge when you can.

What I've been doing is, if I get a really bad chaos item, I'll burn a Requiem marble and get a free re-roll. So far I've gained my Shield (didn't have any slots and a slight loss of DP was offset by it becoming a Requiem equip) and two helmets (each lost majorly on base but gained a slot) - it's always a gamble to exchange for Requiem equipment, especially if you've already got something decent.

There's also the fact that Requiem equips have four stars, so if you get average or better on your base refinable stat it's a keeper. Right now I've got a Requiem Square Shield with something like 300 DP total on it, it's a really big help for level 80. 

Unfortunately, as far as weapons and support stats go, you pretty much need at least 2 slots to do anything meaningful with it - you can't refine for support stats, and Elemental Melee makes too big of a difference to be worth skipping over, even at low levels.

Bongohead

Bongohead

Tree Sap

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • IGN:Geepie
  • Level:399.9
Req em or smelt em.

turdanc

turdanc

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationLithuania
  • IGN:LeaveMyCookies
  • Class:Cyber Hunter
  • Level:232

Personally I don't really bother with the requiem equips BUT I have gotten a really good requiem sten gun (lvl 80) with 96% base stats. At lvl 4 it has almost 1k gun AP. That's the best requiem item I've ever got :D Oh, and it's also 3s. OP gun in general

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chaos, chaos tower, weapons, armor, experience