Minerva

Minerva

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationArkansas
  • IGN:DaRazz / Razzz

I'm trying to get the tutorial quests done on my cat but I can't seem to drill up what I need.
A bystander was kind enough to give me tanning oil and the stuff I need to move on to make desert potion, but I lost them when the compounding failed.
So I tried buying some oasis water from another player, but the compounding failed again.
This is a really frustrating tutorial, I even made a fox character hearing that they get items from drilling easier.
Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Would it help any if I just leveled my character through grinding and tried drilling and compounding again after that?
I understand sometimes items can be tricky, but this is a tutorial for the beginning of the game.  

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:

No, there definitely is a chance that you will fail in compounding. Just keep trying, I wish I could help you but I'm at the university right now. Good luck.

Minerva

Minerva

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Thanks anyways, and at least I was finally able to get the desert potion because a kind person was selling oasis water for a cheap price nearby.
I actually have some extra if anyone wants some!
And I got through the refining part just fine because of Marx's quiz in Blooming Cora, so I only needed two more from that.
So I think I might be through the rough part.

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts
  • IGN:*sigh*

Fox/Lion gets a comp bonus, but only after learning a skill that requires I believe lv71 TM.

Posted Image

♥ My heart belongs to Kyoudai ♥

Minerva

Minerva

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Dang, I guess for a lowbie tutorial it isn't worth it to try with a fox character instead.
Ah well, at least I seem to be past it.
Still, that was pretty darn frustrating, I was starting to think it was impossible to complete.

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts
  • IGN:*sigh*

Drilling in Season 1 and in Revolution is almost hell, because the item pockets didn't really exist until Revolution and the pockets were rare until S2 where they were multiplied to oblivion. Places like the Desert Beach zone are nearly dead drillable item-wise.

Compounding is affected vaguely by luck, but you need a lot of it to really change the percentages.

You best bet, if you want a compounder, is to get a Fox or Lion and get them to level 130, make them pure LK, invest in gear that either adds LK or can be comped for LK or even both, then learn and max out the compounding skill.

Posted Image

♥ My heart belongs to Kyoudai ♥