Photo

Tempering System on rTO

tempering temper gold tempering gem allen bottle reform count reform chaos feather PQ mine

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • IGN:Cannot be left blank

Please do NOT save account name/password/secure code when you play from a shared computer AND remember to ALWAYS log out after finishing what you wanted on the website. Using shared computer to play this game is very dangerous. Because even if we logged off on website, but we have saved the id & password on the browser, someone using the same computer still can log in to our account because the browser offer id/pw and even secure codes up when we want to log in.

Basics of the Tempering System

Tempering is a new system for modifying equipment.  Tempering re-rolls ALL the base stats of the original item. Tempering can also be done an unlimited amount of times, and there is no failure rate but there is a reform count system which can be easily reset by Allen's Bottle. If an equipment has slots for compounding, tempering does not effect how many slots or what stats are compounded into them. Note that the stats you receive after tempering are generated RANDOMLY and is not based on LK. If you temper a refined equipment it will re-count the additional stats you got from refining, you don't have to refine again for the correct +stats.

You cannot temper any equipment which is below level 20. Unlike compounding where the item only has to meet the minimum required compound item to succeed, tempering can only use the item within its level range. As the equipment levels get higher, so does the level of the item required to temper it. This item is called Chaos Feather. You can get these from completing Party Quests (= PQ), from Worn and Old Treasure Maps and from Card Identification skill.

There's an NPC called Alan in Paradise Shop (Desert beach), Megalopolis Shop (Megalopolis), Carbigal Shop (Black Swamp) and Laplanoel Shopping Mall (Snow Hill). Take your equipment to him and he will tell you what feathers you need and what quantity to temper with that piece of equipment. I will link Alan's page from wiki, you can find information about the feathers and Party Quests there. 

(Note: I copy-pasted alot from the wiki page and filled with my own thoughts too, I hope the wiki writer don't mind)

Here on this server you will find 2 ways for tempering your equipment. There is a way to do it in-game and there is another on the website.

What CANNOT be tempered

• Altiverse Equipment (can only be forged)
  • Unique Equipment (=boss sets)
  • Absolute Unique Equipment (Shining Crystal set, Fallen Watcher set)
  • Phantom Equipments lv215 and 275 (I got this from wiki)
  • Equipment below lv20 (we don't have lower level chaos feathers)​
  • Universal Trickster Capes 
  • Customized Blood Shield + Set
  • Special colored rTO wings  new!

Requirements

Tempering uses a system, in which it re-rolls the base stats of the original item within a 70%-130% decrease/increase. Example: 

tumblr_nqicplVgjt1uzn3v5o2_r1_1280.png

With a Gold_Tempering_Gem.gif Gold Tempering Gem (from MyShop or from the Auction House) you'll receive 15% minimum and maximum range increase. You can choose one stat which you really want to focus on. Example:

tumblr_nqicplVgjt1uzn3v5o3_r1_1280.png

NOTE: I can't show you the result because I chose web-tempering instead of the random in-game.

Reform Count

Reform Count is a system which was only available in the Asian Trickster Online servers. It counts how many times you tempered your equipment. When it reaches 0 you cannot temper that item in-game anymore unless you reset it with Allen Bottle bought from Item Girl's shop in Megalopolis Shop. You can only reset reform count in-game at Alan NPC.

00ed94a1ce3e30337db0a489f4da8305.jpg

!Requiem Stuff: 

These items have only 3 reform counts in-game and after it reaches 0 you can't use Allen Bottle to reset the counter. I think it is a bug, so I highly recommend to temper these items on the website (especially if it has 4slots) because on the website the temper reform DOES NOT count!

• Lynnie, ExcuseMySwag, myctophobia and 2 others like this

9l0zUv3.png

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 813 posts

Web-Tempering

Now it is for VIP, Super Member and Member only

Web-tempering is completely free for everyone, every member type. However, it is supposed to be privilege for only the VIP users (more information about member types) but it seems like the GMs are allowing us, free users members, super members, to use it too. Remember, they can restrict this back to VIP any time.

With this system here you have higher chance for the highest or near the highest stats when you temper online. Basically, you can be REALLY HAXX. 

When Season 2 update came the GMs didn't want to put back this system on the website because it had/has too many bugs, there are way too many formulas for different equipment. Also making compatibility an issue as well because we have many items from different Trickster Online servers (TH, JP, etc.)

But players demanded this system back because it was available in the earlier stages of the rTO server so we were spoiled. But you know, Season 2 update came together with the new Altiverse equipment which cannot be tempered in-game. You can only Forge these items. Some players tried to temper them on the website and sadly it had the bug where it was allowed to temper. The result: SOME players abused this bug, made super haxx altiverse stuffs for themselves and thought it was OK. They even tried to convince the GMs to keep their altiverse stuff this way. GMs were so mad, they almost deleted this system again from the website, they felt like they were betrayed because it happened almost right after the players demanded back the old MyShop prices for fashion and compound stones, etc. So many demands from players and when we got what we wanted we abuse it.... we have to keep in mind that WE play on THEIR server. 'Private server' cannot be an excuse for every demand. We must understand that.

So as you can see, this system has quite a history.

So let's start the guide part. You can reach this system on the website under the Special Features > Tempering buttons. Choose which char has the item you want to temper (it has to be in you inventory NOT in the bank), search through your inventory and click 'Select'.

For web-tempering you'll need 2 items:

3x Chaos%27s_Feather.gif Chaos Feather

1x Gold_Tempering_Gem.gif Gold Tempering Gem (from MyShop = 1.5k points OR from Auction House = galders or points)

In this case the Gold Tempering Gem will effect ALL the stats not just only one. I'll link Alan's Page again from wiki for the chaos feathers. 

Reform Counter is not a problem here because it doesn't work on the website = infinite tempering without reset the counter!

I will show you an example on my Le Sitar Shield 310. Because it's a lv310 item I needed Chaos Feather 305 x3:

tumblr_nqicplVgjt1uzn3v5o1_r1_1280.png

Result:

tumblr_nqicplVgjt1uzn3v5o4_r1_540.png

Another example: Dragon Ring 190, I wanted to get ok MA and LK and maybe HP

1st try:

tumblr_n7kgospHzl1ql5ubdo2_500.png

2nd try:

tumblr_n7kgospHzl1ql5ubdo3_1280.png

As you can see, this system sometimes depends on real life luck. With Jen's belt I got what I wanted on the first try, but with the Dragon Ring I didn't. I ran out of chaos feathers so I had to stop here sorry :D

!Requiem Stuff:

These items have only 3 reform counts in-game and after it reaches 0 you can't use Allen Bottle to reset the counter. I think it is a bug, so I highly recommend to temper these items on the website (especially if it has 4slots) because on the website the temper reform DOES NOT count!

• ShyAround likes this

9l0zUv3.png

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 813 posts

F.A.Q.

1. I used web-tempering on my refined equipment but the bonus stats didn't change. Help!

Refine it again in-game and it will fix the problem. Usually any refine/temper related bugs online can be fixed by refining/tempering it again in-game. (refering to here)

9l0zUv3.png

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 813 posts

Editing History

2014-08-18: Now Web-Tempering is for VIP members ONLY.

2014-08-23: Updated the guide, web-tempering is now available for Member and Super Member too. It's not available for Free Users anymore.

2014-08-24: Added Universal Trickster Capes to the exception list

9l0zUv3.png

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 813 posts

blank

9l0zUv3.png

Lilith

Lilith

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Thank you. ;3

• Nariann likes this

Lynnie

Lynnie

Booty Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Locationmichigan
  • IGN:novella/twizzler
  • Class:witch/duelist
  • Level:22x/17x

awesome!

11 . 08 . 2015

petii10

petii10

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • IGN:lamavezer/Typhoon
  • Class:duellist/witch
  • Level:20x/28x

You sould not be able to temper requiem equips only forge them ( at least thats how it worked in eTO). I think thats the reason you cant reset it. We sould be happy that we can still temper it 3 times :D
Did anyone else notice when you temper on the website if 2(or more) stat of the same eq have the same range you get the same result of both stat.

Jó lett amúgy ez a leírás ! :)

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 813 posts

No, here we can temper those requiems, in the patch note (after the season 2 update) they mentioned that we are allowed to do that :)

And yea, I noticed, I just didn't know how to say that properly and describe it well xD

Köszönöm! :D Most nézem hogy a sheepeddel voltam ma partyban (Y) xD

9l0zUv3.png

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 813 posts

Updated.

9l0zUv3.png

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 813 posts

updated yesterday and today

9l0zUv3.png

Ryuuku

Ryuuku

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia
  • IGN:RyuukuX
  • Class:Pirate
  • Level:2xx

I can't seem to see the picture that explains how you can choose one stat to focus on when you temper  :mellow:

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:

Can't see it either. Could you try reuploading through imgur, Nari? :)

• Ryuuku likes this

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 813 posts

Tumblr deletes old post or what? >.> I will try to reupload them elsewhere

• Ryuuku likes this

9l0zUv3.png

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 813 posts

So, uh, I lost the pictures for tempering guide from my computer (idk why) and it seems like tumblr started deleting my old private pictures only for my trickster guides.... yay for technology! It will take a while re-uploading them..... I will have to check my laptop for the pictures as well at the weekend

Sorry guys, I will try my best this weekend and re-upload everything somewhere (hopefully) safe...

9l0zUv3.png

Ryuuku

Ryuuku

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Tumblr deletes old post or what? >.> I will try to reupload them elsewhere

Thankssss! :) the only system where i know you can focus one stat to temper is well, i dont lol. Just the pet lock system on one attribute but i had no idea you could do that on EQ. I will be waiting for the pictures  :D

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 813 posts

Thankssss! :) the only system where i know you can focus one stat to temper is well, i dont lol. Just the pet lock system on one attribute but i had no idea you could do that on EQ. I will be waiting for the pictures  :D

Focusing on one stat only works in-game though. When you place the tempering gem into the window you can decide which stat should have higher range BUT only 1 stat. On the lost pictures I showed that tempering on the website works differently. You don't need to choose one stat because it increases ALL the stats the equip has, that's why reaching more than 100% potential is possible :) (I just took some new screenshots :'D)

In-game:

c62530684ea2d98f60c80200ad5140e4.jpg  e306ce285dc3a2c2776821be54baab2d.jpg

f5d8c22d930603d3d2aa8c26a2fe15f3.jpg

9l0zUv3.png

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 813 posts

In this case the stat range counter failed on the MA stat... :'D but overall website temper is way more better than in-game

• Ryuuku likes this

9l0zUv3.png

Ryuuku

Ryuuku

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

In this case the stat range counter failed on the MA stat... :'D but overall website temper is way more better than in-game

Ohhh i see, thanks for the info! btw i noticed something while tempering guns in game vs web tempering. Gun AP is only temperable in game. Web temper for gun AP doesnt work. is it supposed to work this way?

Proxy

Proxy

Black Swamp Explorer

• Banned
  • 955 posts
  • LocationRiviera
  • IGN:N/A
  • Class:Norm MacDonald

Ohhh i see, thanks for the info! btw i noticed something while tempering guns in game vs web tempering. Gun AP is only temperable in game. Web temper for gun AP doesnt work. is it supposed to work this way?

Hahah...I've never noticed that.

That goes to show how often I pay any attention to this mysterious "Gun AP" stat. I would believe that it was not intentionally meant to work that way, but I can't possibly know for sure though. Hopefully not.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tempering, temper, gold tempering gem, allen bottle, reform count, reform, chaos feather, PQ, mine