• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

mirkosp

mirkosp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:Qemist

As I'm sure most of you already know, Gunner Lions/Foxes don't do critical hits based on a random chance factor, but based on a mechanic generally called timed crits; for newer players not in the know, here is a good video tutorial on timed crits/double shots/double crits (the latter two of which I've never succeeded in doing myself, though).

Now, what the video fails to mention, is that the delay for timed crits isn't always the same. Depending on the gun one employs, the delay with which you need to shoot the next ammo to get a critical hit varies.

From what I've seen, lower leveled guns tend to have higher delays, ranging from like roughly a second after the damage icon disappears to a split second after it disappears. However, the higher leveled the gun becomes, the more I find it hard to understand the timing I need to get the timed crits, which mean a lot to a solo hit-and-run PvE gunner: it's often the difference between a 3HKO and a 2HKO; saving ammos and dishing out more damage is always good, especially for a job with low defensive stats.

And thus, we get to the point of this thread: does anybody know if there's a list of exact delays you need to get timed crits with the various guns?

Blu Skye

Blu Skye

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • IGN:Savant

There is no such list, your observation of delay change is noteworthy. 

Instead of focusing on hit and run with normal shots alone, chain gun skills with them? No need to be stingy when it comes to buying bullets and potions. 

mirkosp

mirkosp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:Qemist

That's surely a solution, however I keep running low on money, to the point I seldomly have to grind just to loot enough to sell and be able to buy a drill.
Then again, I'm still in the late 30s/early 40s with this new character, my topic was mostly made based on my experiences on the old server before GameRage shut it down (and before that I was mostly a player back in the beta days, so skills weren't much of a thing, with no second job either).

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts
  • IGN:*sigh*

That's surely a solution, however I keep running low on money, to the point I seldomly have to grind just to loot enough to sell and be able to buy a drill.
Then again, I'm still in the late 30s/early 40s with this new character, my topic was mostly made based on my experiences on the old server before GameRage shut it down (and before that I was mostly a player back in the beta days, so skills weren't much of a thing, with no second job either).

Solution: Loot gear where you're grinding. Both with my bunny and my dragon, looting gear will usually fund me back all my potions. Though for my dragon, it only takes a weapon that sells for 20k galders. (Gold Pearls cost around 12k for 40 with the discount in effect.) Costs a bit more for my Bunny, but that's because I buy her 70 Elixers.

Posted Image

♥ My heart belongs to Kyoudai ♥

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lion, fox, critical hits, gun, sense type