TaBCan

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Saorin's Gunner Lion Guide

REVAMPED!

259xrv8.jpg

If anybody remember's Saorin's Gunner Lion Guide from GGFTW's forums, this is that same writer. That guide was written back in 2008, maybe 2-3 months after Revo, so it's extremely outdated. I was also twelve when I wrote it, so the "humour" and writing is also quite childish and outdated.

As is obvious by the lack of shiny logos and suchlike, this guide is under extreme reconstruction and will be depressingly lacking in pictures until it's completed. I would also like to heavily impress that THIS IS A GUIDE. If you see a skill that has no use or that you want, remove or add it. If you see a place that's excellent for training at, train there.

Unfortunately, all that's ready is the Stats and Skills, so here they are:

Build Graphs and Stats
Stat Breakdown

• Power - Lions are the Secret Power Type, with their damage stat coming from Power instead of Sense. Whether a Lion uses a gun or a sword, their damage comes from Power. Gunners need only pay attention to AC; AP and DX are useless to the gun-toting Sense types.
  • Magic - Get outta here, there's nothing important to Lions in this group.
  • Sense - This is locked in at 4, because you're a sense type. All the stats in here are pretty important. DA, even though it's typically a Fox stat, helps out with drilling. WT helps you carry pots and, more importantly, bullets. And last but definitely not least is LK, which controls your accuracy, crit rate, and block rate.
  • Charm - An important set of stats for everyone, Charm holds HP, DP, and HV. As a gunner, you lose out on a rather important piece of survival equipment: your shield. You're the true glass cannon; Magic types have nothing on you. And every little bit of HP helps.

Builds
The Glass Tank. You lose out in natural AC but gain more HP. Since you can make up for the AC with equips, it's pretty good. But not as nice as it could be if you're a newbie and don't have an inkling of funds. [Pure AC only]

The Conservative. This is what first appears when you open up the Character Creation screen for Lion. It's pretty middling and on the defensive side, so it's an excellent build for newbie gunners. Even though I say that, I'd recommend it to everyone and not just because this was the build I picked. [Pure AC Recommended]

The Poor Man's Glass Cannon. This build loses out on quite a bit of HP compared to the Glass Tank, but it's not too bad. The survivability is still higher than the 4141 build, so it's got that going for it. [Pure AC Recommended; Pure LK viable]

The Hardcore. No funds, no survivability. Newbies stay away and beware. Most of your equipment will be dedicated to making up for the lost HP, which is a problem as we don't have a real AC buff  and most AC comes from equipment. Whereas most other builds will be packing on the AC and LK, you'll be stuck with HP. But you can experiment quite a lot with this build. [Pure AC or Pure LK Recommended; Pure HP viable]

Skill Builds
Whether you choose Scientist or Cyber Hunter is up to you. Both are excellent at bossing and PvM, but Scientist is more offensive based while Cyber Hunter is more defensive based. For instance, Cyber Hunter loses out on Sharp Sense, the much needed damage buff (that's still not AC), in exchange for Sticky Icky, a DP/HV debuff that works well with Shield Breaker and Lock On.

Engineer
Gun Carrier
Invincible Reload
Gun Booster M
Quick Reload

Inventor

Shooting Spree Build

Power Shot M
Shooting Spree M
Stone Strike 10
Armor Destructor 1
Lucky Seven M
Double Shot M

Lucky Seven Build
Power Shot M
Stone Strike 10
Armor Destructor 1
Lucky Seven M
Shooting Spree M
Double Shot M

Scientist
Shield Breaker M
Berserk M
Gun Overdrive M
Lock On M

Keen Sense 5
Sharp Sense M

Sticky Foot Build
Sixth Sense M
Sticky Foot M
Keen Sense M
Speedloader M
Revealing Eye M
Bunker M
Bunker Release

Bunker Build
Keen Sense M
Speedloader M
Sixth Sense 10
Revealing Eye M
Bunker M
Bunker Release
Sixth Sense M
Sticky Foot M

Cyber Hunter
Shield Breaker M
Aura of Luck M
Landmine M
Sixth Sense M
Sticky Foot M
Lock On M
Armor Destructor 10
Sticky Icky M
Gas Mask M

TaBCan

TaBCan

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Equipment:

Helmet

Spoiler

Weapon
Spoiler

Shield

Spoiler

Accessories

Spoiler

Innerwear

Spoiler

Pet

Spoiler

Cape

Spoiler

Mask

Spoiler

Head Accessory

Spoiler

Sprint

Spoiler

TLDR; Comp HP on Innerwear and pick another 1-2 equipment slots for HP. Everything else gets a split between AC and LK.

A Final Note
Copyright
This guide is copyright to Saorin who is in no way affiliated with PlayTrickster. "Saorin's Gunner Lion Revamped" and "Saorin's Brand New Gunner Lion Guide" may not be redistributed anywhere else without Saorin's permission.

Change Log
April 27, 2014 - Posting of Guide ver. alpha

July 22, 2014 - Addition of Equipment section.

I swear I haven't abandoned the guide. I'm just lazy.

TaBCan

TaBCan

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Reserved

TaBCan

TaBCan

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Reserved

TaBCan

TaBCan

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Reserved

TaBCan

TaBCan

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Reserved

TaBCan

TaBCan

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Reserved

TaBCan

TaBCan

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Reserved

Now you can post.

Nariann

Nariann

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • IGN:Cannot be left blank

I always followed your guide back then in eTO it was great until this day too, a bit outdated but great. I liked your humour alot btw ^^ I know this will be great too once you complete it with pics and such

EDIT: Also I have a lion-in-progress, lv90 so let's see what I can do with it xD 

Plus I'm very curious about pure LK lions, how can you do that? Still with guns? Or daggers? What about your equipments then: AC, LK or DA?

9l0zUv3.png

TaBCan

TaBCan

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Pure LK Lions are pretty versatile (for that matter, so are Pure LK Foxes). For skills, they can run a gunner build but also a gun-to-shuriken or elemental melee build. Equips are basically the same for gunner (AC/LK/HP), but melee Sense is a really weird duck - I've seen either DA/LK/HP or AP/LK/HP. Just depends on whether the player wants to throw knives everywhere or slap things with a sword.

Luck is the "super stat". Excluding the few skills that use it as a damage skill (Landmine, Lucky Fist, etc), it's involved in a lot of other formulas:

*From Virushen on the old Trickster forums (which apparently still exists as I was able to find them)

-Determines accuracy of almost all magic type skills. The more luck you have, the more accurate your magic skills are.

-Luck determines how good you are in evading magic type skills. The higher your luck than the enemy, the more you will evade the enemy’s magic attacks.

-Luck determines block rate of non-magical damage. The more luck you have, the higher the chance of you blocking a non-magical damage.

-Luck helps in maturing compounding (where you add stats to an equip) to a limited extent

-Luck is also critical hit rate of melee and power/charm type skills. The more luck a someone has, the higher the chance of him/her having a critical hit (melee and power/charm/certain sense type skills only)

-Luck is a gunner’s accuracy. The more luck a gunner has, the more accurate (lesser miss) he/she is in shooting with a gun.

• Nariann likes this

rockdregon

rockdregon

Phantom School Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • IGN:Deadly
  • Class:Gladiator
  • Level:302

Hello, I 've choosen the 3124 build since I just decided to come back from the original trickster and I was wondering, should all my equips be dedicated to AC? Or should I use some slots for HP? I'm currently lv 63 with a total of 1350 HP there are no monsters within my level range that currently can 1hko me, however, crown comes REALLY close to it, hitting 1.229 criticals. So What would be the best approach in therms of equips for my build?  Thanks

Yo mama is so fat that the National Weather Service names each one of her farts.

Timi

Timi

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • IGN:Dikhead/CreepySheepy
  • Class:Duelist/Witch
  • Level:174/16x

Nice guide! <3

Farynn

Farynn

Desert Beach Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn , NY
  • IGN:Faryn
  • Class:Gambler
  • Level:217
Well if you my shop A lot , Face , Mask , And Head Gears Should Make Up For Certain Stat Loses , If You Look Hard Enough And But The Right Gears . LK Lions Should Also Learn Lucky Fist Since It Could Be There Hit And Run Skill Due To The Fact That Is Purely Based On LK , I Have No Experience With That And Never Seen Nobody Use It Before , But I Looks Cool . Also Kitty Earrings Are AC Compoundable Or In This Case You Wanna Survive ?? Then Comp HP On Capes , Vests/Belts And Earrings , Including Helmets . Also Don't Forget To Refine Helmets , Since That's Your Only Source Of DP .

Kitame

Kitame

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • IGN:BunnyLarua

you would rely less on DP if you manage to get enough HV and LK, the only problem is if you get guardbreak'ed.

HV can be had naturally as a side stats from equips so no need to comp HV, altiverse rings gives HV for example.

i think it was around 200HV 400LK where it starts to permanently miss/block.

you'll need massive amounts of HP to mitigate the possible bursts that can go through your dodge/block rate.

but once thats established you generally need not to worry about dying often since pots can keep up with it.

PS: a friend of mine has a lvl140 lion with only 4K HP >,> and yeah hes bossing skull.

Farynn

Farynn

Desert Beach Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn , NY
  • IGN:Faryn
  • Class:Gambler
  • Level:217
Well Referring To A lion Who Chooses ( 4 Power , 1 Magic , 4 Sense , 1 Charm ) . Lion Naturally Lacks HP HV And DP With 3142 Build Also , A lot Of People Who Read This Guide Aren't Pro Or Nerdy Enough As Your Freind Who Has 4K HP And Good Stats Due To Gear . you Have To Remember There Are Players Who Don't Myshop At All Who Play This Game , This Is Why We Need Guides That Help Out Newbies Who Don't Have Boss Sets , Or Myshop Points And Purely Rely On Key Quest Sets .

Which Means My shop Head , Mask , And Cape Has To Be Bought Properly But Comping Both HP And AC .

Belts Or Vests Purely HP Comp .

Pouches And Rings AC Comp .

Helmets DP Refine With HP Comp .

Guns Refine Gun AP+, Comp AC .

Kitty Earring , Since It Gives Decent HP , Comp AC .

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4017 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief
  • Level:400

Is this guide complete, or is it abandoned?

impulse200

impulse200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

great stuff, but do you recommend getting heavy carry for lions? 

Applecheese

Applecheese

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationNot Outside
  • IGN:Lemmar
  • Class:Cholo
  • Level:Not 400

I really hope this guide isn't abandoned. :[ 

I'm a 4141 Lion because I like to die a lot I like to live on the edge.

4141 definitely has to be well funded for since early levels you die. Excessively. However, generally I find that sense types are usually easy to level with since damage output and drilling go hand in hand; as a 4141 AC lion, damage is slightly higher and because of the 4 in power so it's fine to sacrifice a few slots for HP. I suggest only comping one item with HP if you're only doing PvM for those thinking about this route. For PvP though, I suggest Cyber Hunter would be better since the LK buff from Aura of Luck helps out, and you can stack it with first anniversary too... This build feels better on a Cyber Hunter for me (I played as the same build in eTO but as a scientist... Painful days).

As you get higher in levels, things sort of even out a little bit, but the 1 in Charm really bites back at you if you're going Scientist since Bunker is reliant on HP. This guide mentioned an HP lion, so I think that's probably pretty good if you wanna have a mean bunker. 

Well Referring To A lion Who Chooses ( 4 Power , 1 Magic , 4 Sense , 1 Charm ) . Lion Naturally Lacks HP HV And DP With 3142 Build Also , A lot Of People Who Read This Guide Aren't Pro Or Nerdy Enough As Your Freind Who Has 4K HP And Good Stats Due To Gear . you Have To Remember There Are Players Who Don't Myshop At All Who Play This Game , This Is Why We Need Guides That Help Out Newbies Who Don't Have Boss Sets , Or Myshop Points And Purely Rely On Key Quest Sets .

If you're a lion and you rely on only key quest sets, I have bad news for you.

lv95 Mermaid Palace gear isn't going to get you far. It's the only one with a gun with a set bonus in game that I know of.

There are fun alternatives like the Gigas Guns obtained in harkon defense or Altiverse that are fun to obtain. There's always people around that can help kill bosses if you're struggling, so it works out. Also, they can always sell galders for myshop points in this server anyway so it's all good. You don't need to cash in this server unless you want immediate points. :]

you would rely less on DP if you manage to get enough HV and LK, the only problem is if you get guardbreak'ed.

HV can be had naturally as a side stats from equips so no need to comp HV, altiverse rings gives HV for example.

i think it was around 200HV 400LK where it starts to permanently miss/block.

you'll need massive amounts of HP to mitigate the possible bursts that can go through your dodge/block rate.

but once thats established you generally need not to worry about dying often since pots can keep up with it.

PS: a friend of mine has a lvl140 lion with only 4K HP >,> and yeah hes bossing skull.

This is true. I usually die from critical hits that hit me way over my HP these days (8bil crit from CT werepots. xD) and I run 15~20k HP on my lion.

+1 to your friend. I love him. Bossing skull with 4k HP. My hero. I tried to kill Skull my first time in eTO with Mermaid Palace set and lv125. Many memories. 

This isn't sarcasm I really feel that. <3

great stuff, but do you recommend getting heavy carry for lions? 

I suggest Heavy Carrier as one of those skills you can learn later... Like after all the important ones. You'll have tons of TM points.

I personally learned it earlier because I'm an excessive hoarder, and with the bullets weighing 1 again, it comes in handy sometimes. (Not really, I still get overweight).

#longpost

I'm the bestest crappiest lion you ever met

you can't get any worse than me
Tassu is best guild

ghettocyberhunterlemmarbannerlolthisisth

Skull's Unloved Self Proclaimed Nephew

The69

The69

Phantom School Student

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts