• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada
  • IGN:Shy
  • Class:Primadonna
  • Level:200+

m596.png

This guide will help ensure you make it through the world of Trickster. Please keep in mind that this guide is in English only and will not be adjusted to any other language. It would be wonderful if you could leave some ideas in the comments! Please note that there are some VERY useful Q&A's at the bottom of the guide in case you were here for a simple question to be answered.

~*STEP 1: Create Your Character*~

So let's face it, you're new, and you need a character. This is the first step in creating your journey, since all characters and types have different statistics and skills from one another. Please be aware that you don't NEED to use the builds given, since there are many different builds that may not work for everyone. Characters and types are included below.

• Buffalo/Bunny (build 4,1,1,4): Power-type. Buffalos and Bunnies are good for close-ranged and powerful attacks. Bunnies are known well to be the strongest close-ranged characters in the game. The weakness of the Buffalo and Bunny characters are the lack of MD and WT.
  • Dragon/Sheep (build 1,4,2,3): Magic-type. Dragons and Sheep are good for long-ranged and powerful magic attacks. Dragons are known well to be the strongest long-ranged magic characters in the game as Dark Lord. Dragons and Sheep are also good for strong AoE attacks and their Heal skill. The weakness of the Dragon and Sheep characters are their defense against AP and AC.
  • Lion/Fox (build 4,1,4,1): Sense-type. Lions and foxes are good for their power to compound and drill for success. Lions are known well to be the best at critical hits in the game at a higher level. The weakness of the Lion and Fox characters are their lack of MD and DP.
  • Raccoon/Cat (build 4,1,1,4): Charm-type. Raccoons and Cats are good for strong skill attacks and evading attacks. Raccoons are known well for their insanely powerful skill power due to high HV in the game. The weakness of the Raccoon and Cat characters are their lack of MD and MP.

Tip: Please remember not to pick any inappropriate names for your character!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~*STEP 2: The Quest Line*~

Congratulations on creating your character! You are now set in the first town, Blooming Cora.

1. The first thing you will want to do, as a beginner, is the tutorial. Of course, in Trickster, the tutorial is not mandatory but will teach you a LOT about how to do normal things such as hotkeys and buying items.
  2. Next, you will want to start your story quest, which is done by talking to the Heidi NPC. She will give you detailed instructions and take you through quests that teach you more about how to play the game. Most of all, this will be important for exp and later quests that will let you gain entry to different maps such as Mirage Island.
    nrnc.png
  3. When you reach the Beach Town, Paradise, you will do more quests which teach you how to do Key Quests, Compound, and much more!

Tip: Don't be pressured to do these Quests right away, you can always come back to them later!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~*STEP 3: Choosing Statistics*~

When leveling your character, you might not know what each statistic does to effect your gameplay. Below I will list the many effects of each statistic.

• AP (Attack Power): Increases your general attack power. The more you add, the more damage you do in close-ranged attacks.
  • AC (Accuracy): Increases your chances of hitting your target. This also increases the power of long-ranged gun attacks.
  • DX (Dexterity): Increases the attack speed for close-ranged attacks.
  • MP (Mana Points): Increases the max amount of Mana your character has. This is needed for characters to use skills.
  • MA (Magic Attack): Increases the power of long-ranged magic skills.
  • MD (Magic Defense): Increases the amount of defense you have against long-ranged magic skills.
  • WT (Weight): Increases the amount of items you can hold in your inventory.
  • DA (Detect Ability): Increases your success with drilling and compounding.
  • LK (Luck): Increases your chances at critical hits and blocking attacks. This also increases your luck with maturing compounds.
  • HP (Health Points): Increases the max amount of Health your character has.
  • DP (Defense Points): Increases the amount of defense your character has against close-ranged attacks.
  • HV (Hit Evasion): Increases your chances of evading hits. This also increases the power of Charm-type skills.

Tip: If you go to your My View, you can hover over each of these to see their effect!

~*STEP 4: Drilling*~

You may have found a drill somewhere and wanted to try and use it. There's only one thing stopping you, and that would be the evil bar with no instructions. Drilling is especially easier for Lions and Foxes, but that doesn't mean they don't need help!

1. Talk to the Driller Marky NPC located at Paradise and Gate of Desert Beach.
    wvgw.png
  2. Buy a drill at an Item Girl NPC (please keep in mind that not all Item Girl NPCs sell drills).
  3. Equip the drill and press D to select a drilling spot.
  4. When drilling, hold left-click down until the yellow bar goes over the little white line and keep clicking so it stays there.
  5. *OPTIONAL* Try to equip some gear that gives you 90+ DA for better AFK drilling.

Tip: Make sure the yellow bar doesn't reach the end of the drill bar or you'll have to start over!

~*STEP 5: Compounding*~

I bet you hear people talking about compounding their equips a lot of the time. So, how do you compound you may ask? It's quite simple, even if others make it sound complicated.

Item Compound-

1. Talk to the Compounder Paul NPC, which can be found in many locations.
    69xx.png
  2. Depending on the item you wish to make, each Compounder Paul at a location will have different items. You can select the item on the compounding window drop-down.
  3. Once you've selected the item you wish to make, it will tell you which items you need to gather in order to compound.
  4. If you've collected the items, follow the steps once more, but this time drag the newly found items into the window and press the big "GO" button. Please be aware that there is not always a 100% chance of success!

Mature Compound-

1. Talk to the Alchemist Nate NPC, which can be found in Paradise Shop, Aquarius, and Carbigal.
    rly8.png
  2. Drag your equip into the empty box on the top left, then look to see what statistics are possible to add.
  3. Once you've figured out which statistics you would like to add, you must find some items that add that certain statistic. You can check if an item adds a certain statistic by hovering over the item to see its description, where it would be listed if it were able to. Please be aware that some items have a level cap, so you can't use an item that is over the equip's level.
  4. As soon as you've gathered items, bring them back and follow the steps again, but drag the new items into the empty box with the faded "I". Once you've pressed the "GO" button, your equips will have some new statistics in different ranges. If you don't like the amount of additional statistics you got on your equip, you will need a Nate's Bottle to free up the Compound NO. again.

Tip: While Mature Compounding, please remember to check if the equip has any free Compound NO. spaces left!

~*STEP 6: Joining A Guild*~

You've seen many players with awesome guild names, and you wish you could join in on the fun. This is by far a great way to start out if you join a helpful guild!

1. Get to level 10+.
  2. Find a player in the guild you wish to join, and right-click their character.
  3. Press "Guild Information", then the "Apply" button.
  4. Wait for the Guild Master or a Submaster to accept your application, then enjoy your new guild!

Tip: Please understand that some guilds have requirements ahead of joining!

{Frequent Q&As:

Q: What is a build?

A: When you create your character, there will be a graph that you can play around with to better your character's statistics. When you level up, depending on the build you chose, you will gain more or less points for each statistic in your My View. For example, if you chose 4 for power and 1 for Magic, you would get much more points on your Power statistics than your Magic.

Q: What are stats (statistics)?

A: In your My View, your character will have a number of letter pairs, which include AP, AC, DX, MP, MA, MD, WT, DA, LK, HP, DP, and HV. The more points you add to each of these, the stronger that statistic's effect is. The effect of each statistic is listed early in this guide.

Q: Why is the MyShop in-game not working for me?

A: The MyShop for this server is located on the website ONLY, so try going there.

Q: What is the easiest way to level, constant grinding or quests?

A: Grinding is by far the easiest way to level, but if you get bored just remember that quests are there, too.

Q: Where can I get more galders?

A: There is a separate guide for this found here : Shy's Galder Guide

Q: Where should I grind?

A: There are a few guides you can look at for this question. A few are listed below.

Q: Why can't I mature compound my equips?

A: On each equip, there is a Compound NO. if you hover over it. If the equip does not have a number there, then it has already been compounded on and/or is unable to be compounded on. If this is not a factor for you, then you should file a report about it in the Technical Reports section of the forum.

Q: What's the difference between Item Compounds and Mature Compounds?

A: Item Compounds create new items, while Mature Compounds add statistics to your equips.

Q: Why did the old Trickster server shut down?

A: The host of the old Trickster server couldn't afford to renew the expired license for the game.

Q: Will new skills be added to the game?

A: Yes! When newer updates come out there will be new skills!

Q: Where can I buy galders using my points?

A: There is an option in the website's Auction House that allows you to buy galders with points.

Q: What is 'AFK Drilling'?

A: 'AFK Drilling' is a technique in which a player uses a drill paired with a Driller Boy/Girl Pet to drill in various mines for experience and unique items while they are away. This technique is commonly used as the fastest way to level in the beginning of your journey, but costs points in the MyShop.

Q: I constantly see players with a magnifying glass floating above their head, what is it?

A: The magnifying glass you see above a character's head (specifically a Sense-type) is a skill called "Sixth Sense", which is used to boost the DA statistic for better drilling and compounding.

Q: Where can I buy PPD (Portable Port Deluxe)?

A: You can buy PPDs from the Fiesta Zone for 1,500 galders.}

{This Guide is constantly being updated!}

• Castor Berry, Kaideh, Friendly and 1 other like this

rsz_animescenery5seec1.png

~Helpful to others|Persistent on ideas|Friendly as ever~

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts
  • IGN:*sigh*

First thing I'd like to point out is that magic attacks use LK, not AC. LK determines their accuracy. That includes skills like Flaming Fist if you have the Fire attribute.

So, ideally, 1423 is WAY better for a Magic-type(Unless you plan to learn Dark magic at some point, then go with 1432).

Also, 4141 is ok for a Lion, but you can better preserve your Lion's life by either going with 2143 or 1144. It's much safer this way. Just pump all your level up points into Accuracy.

4141 is more for pure Foxes.

And charm types don't really have to worry about magic attacks as long as their HV is good. Which Charm types excel in. So Charms are pretty good against mages. Unless if the mage has good LK, which a lot don't.

But really. AC is ABSOLUTELY useless for a mage.

• Arkerus likes this

Posted Image

♥ My heart belongs to Kyoudai ♥

Shy

Shy

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 650 posts

Please be aware that you don't NEED to use the builds given.

• Dragon/Sheep (build 1,4,1,4): Magic-type. Dragons and Sheep are good for long-ranged and powerful magic attacks. Dragons are known well to be the strongest long-ranged magic characters in the game as Dark Lord. Dragons and Sheep are also good for strong AoE attacks and their Heal skill. The weakness of the Dragon and Sheep characters are their defense against AP and AC.

Please read my guide more thoroughly ><!

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

Please be aware that you don't NEED to use the builds given.

• Dragon/Sheep (build 1,4,1,4): Magic-type. Dragons and Sheep are good for long-ranged and powerful magic attacks. Dragons are known well to be the strongest long-ranged magic characters in the game as Dark Lord. Dragons and Sheep are also good for strong AoE attacks and their Heal skill. The weakness of the Dragon and Sheep characters are their defense against AP and AC.

Please read my guide more thoroughly ><!

1414 is still an AWFUL build for a Magic-type. They'd rarely ever hit anything.

Posted Image

moneyjorge

moneyjorge

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Locationcalifornia
  • IGN:moneyjorge
  • Class:buff/mage
  • Level:xxx
With 1 in sense. As a magic type you will never hit anything u will be lvl 100 and still missing when your targets is lvl 40
PVP Freak!

Shy

Shy

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 650 posts

1414 is still an AWFUL build for a Magic-type. They'd rarely ever hit anything.

I'm sorry but to me that just seems like an opinion ^^; Before making this guide I made sure to do plenty of research! But, if you really insist I will make it so more will be put on LK.

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

I'm sorry but to me that just seems like an opinion ^^; Before making this guide I made sure to do plenty of research! But, if you really insist I will make it so more will be put on LK.

If your research is telling you to give only 1 to Sense, then your research is WAY off. No offense.

Especially for Dark spells. 1 Sense will make it so your spells will NEVER hit.

Posted Image

Vitalic

Vitalic

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed. c;.
  • IGN:uDesi
  • Class:mee-WOW

Maybe post different build types as well as stat input?

Ex: 

Spoiler

Don't trust that information too much, LOL. It's somewhat accurate but I only listed it as an example of what I personally wish to see implemented in this guide.

You may want to differentiate cat and raccoon (maybe not in the intro [create your character], but later on when you explain branches of jobs), they both have different jobs and skills based on where they go for third job. A cat may want to advance to primadonna, so they might want to go pure AP instead of a gambler who would want to go pure HP. Aaand that's where you may want to implement the whole build thing and stat distribution.

Edit: I saw that you put the tutorial is mandatory? It literally is not mandatory, but it helps! You can skip it if you talk to the last NPC you should talk to (Rosemary, I think?).

Posted Image

Hn. me or ely ? ?

Shy

Shy

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 650 posts

This guide is for beginners, and I have no intention of talking about different jobs *YET*. Also, the build thing I don't plan on doing either since there are so many opinions out there, which is, once again, why I posted that you don't need to use the builds given.

Vitalic

Vitalic

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Banned
  • 450 posts

Huh?  "Also, the build thing I don't plan on doing either since there are so many opinions out there"

What does that mean? 

There are a lot of opinions, but that doesn't mean you can explain the different builds to them to make a decision. I might be interpreting you wrong.

Posted Image

Hn. me or ely ? ?

Shy

Shy

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 650 posts

This isn't a guide for different builds and stat builds, so I don't plan on listing every single build I can think of xD Sorry if you didn't understand that last one. And thanks for the heads up on the tutorial, I seriously thought you HAD to do it o.o

Vitalic

Vitalic

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Banned
  • 450 posts

oh alright  never mind then. c:

Posted Image

Hn. me or ely ? ?

Shy

Shy

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 650 posts

If someone wants to make a guide for builds, by all means I can link this guide to it! ^_^

Shy

Shy

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 650 posts

I'm done for now, but if anyone could give me ideas that would be awesome!

LaQuack

LaQuack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Okay for those who are complaining about this post. its made for those who don't know or haven't experimented with it. so of course there are going to be people who think other ones are better so if u don't like it that much disregard this post and just make you're own instead of talking down about some one who took her own time to give new people a little more information on how to be a little better at the game.

~LaQuack~

moneyjorge

moneyjorge

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Locationcalifornia
  • IGN:moneyjorge
  • Class:buff/mage
  • Level:xxx

no one is talking down to anyone. we are just saying been experience in that type aka magic type. putting 1 in sense would  be setting them up for destruction. at a higher lvl aka anything over lvl 60. and by the time they notice its gonna be to late. they gonna have to either buy a reset build from point shop or remake there character. 

PVP Freak!

Rietta

Rietta

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • IGN:Rietta
never hit huh... sure that might be the case if your gears came from the dumps. 1 sense is perfectly viable if youre a dark lord built to tank / murder power types and almost any other non lk based chars/ builds, AS long as youre geared for the purpose. unfortunately no build is technically recommended since they are litterally,based on personal preference. there are stupid builds, im just saying 1 sense 4 charm is not one of them
  • Vis and Paige like this
Posted Image
Taking siggy requests~

Shy

Shy

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 650 posts

I'm wondering why everyone is so worked up about the builds when I made this guide to help beginners. It is NOT a build guide, AND I stated (which is now in red letters) that you don't need to use the builds given. If one of you wants to make a guide for builds then by all means do so, and I will link this guide to yours.

Castor Berry

Castor Berry

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationVine Yard
  • IGN:BlurBerry / Angelica
  • Class:Boxer / Witch
  • Level:7x / 16x

hi, i want to ask about pets, which section in myshop sells growth vitamin?  :) 

Let's Do It

For Chivas, Label, Bacardi, Remy Martin

Posted Image

Minttu

Minttu

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1365 posts
  • Locationin a cemetary with the rest of tassu
  • IGN:Minttu
  • Class:the Führer