• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I was wondering if manual exp. share cap of party (Normally 40-60) could be changed to unlimited (0-100).
Some time ago I suggested exp-lock/unlock system but like many players said it would propably take too long to code and wouldn't help so many players. However now I have came up with another idea, which would affect the same problem - Leveling up when p-lvling.. :) I think that this kind of change wouldn't really cause any kind of bugs/glitches/crashes etc. And coding shouldn't be hard, just changing a few numbers (I guess)? With this change p-lvlers couldn't level up and players that are p-lvled would level up faster. Ofc you could also take anything between the caps too like you normally do, for example (50% & 50%) or (95% & 5%).

Some of you may think this is too op, but experience gain as a level 130 p-lvler is even worse.. (Level up in a few secs)D: And the reason I want to do this is because it's funniest thing in the game (imo xD) and level 130 is the best level (Some might say I'm weird) xD..

I don't think it would be too op? Driller boys are op and no1 is blaming about those?

I don't see it causing any crashes/bugs/etc. it's just changing already existing thing + it's fast to do
It would help any1 who wants to p-lvl sum1.
It would help any1 who wants to kill mobs without leveling up. (You can do tm quests without need to worry about normal level -> Killing mobs gives you normal level even if the reward of quest is only tm exp. Same with drilling dailys..)

fate0023

fate0023

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

I like this idea. Even if it was just an exp lock, I'd still be happy as it's a pain to suicide your plvler.

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts
  • IGN:*sigh*

I'm not 100% on how possible this actually is, but it seems like an okay idea.

Though, you can also just alternatively acquire randoms in your party that fill the level quota and set it so that you get 10% while your partner gets the rest and it'll autoqueue the missing points over to the one with higher EXP%.

ie.: Sheep123 is partyleveling Fox123, so Sheep123 invites Dragon123, Cat123, and Bunny123. Sheep123 sets the EXP rates so that Sheep123, Bunny123, Cat123, and Dragon123 get the bare minimum percentage while Fox123 gets the highest. Bunny123, Cat123, and Dragon123 leave the map, and the %s they had convert over to Fox123's. (It won't display that it did, but it actually does.) This grants an insane percentage of EXP for Fox123 while keeping Sheep123's EXP gain extremely low.

Posted Image

♥ My heart belongs to Kyoudai ♥

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I'm not 100% on how possible this actually is, but it seems like an okay idea.

Though, you can also just alternatively acquire randoms in your party that fill the level quota and set it so that you get 10% while your partner gets the rest and it'll autoqueue the missing points over to the one with higher EXP%.

ie.: Sheep123 is partyleveling Fox123, so Sheep123 invites Dragon123, Cat123, and Bunny123. Sheep123 sets the EXP rates so that Sheep123, Bunny123, Cat123, and Dragon123 get the bare minimum percentage while Fox123 gets the highest. Bunny123, Cat123, and Dragon123 leave the map, and the %s they had convert over to Fox123's. (It won't display that it did, but it actually does.) This grants an insane percentage of EXP for Fox123 while keeping Sheep123's EXP gain extremely low.

Yes but even that extremely low is pretty high with 300% exp rates and if you are low leveled. :D And sometimes it might be hard to find so many fillers :/

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

Yes but even that extremely low is pretty high with 300% exp rates and if you are low leveled. :D And sometimes it might be hard to find so many fillers :/

Most people, when they need fillers, us alts, though sometimes people grab their alts late and end up vastly outleveled to their alts.

Posted Image

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I like this idea. Even if it was just an exp lock, I'd still be happy as it's a pain to suicide your plvler.

Agree..

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

It's not a possible idea, unfortunately.

Posted Image

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Ohh.. Well that's sad ;(

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

FMPOV, the biggest issue with it would be that it can potentially break the server so no one can even /play/ it, or alternatively glitch out and completely halt /all/ EXP gain throughout the server making it so /no one/ gets EXP.

Editing the Manual Share caps would probably be /better/ and /much more efficient/.  Not sure if it's particularly /possible/, but I think 60:40 being the cap for a 2p party is too low. It should be able to go 90:10 minimum with 2p, imo.

Posted Image

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

FMPOV, the biggest issue with it would be that it can potentially break the server so no one can even /play/ it, or alternatively glitch out and completely halt /all/ EXP gain throughout the server making it so /no one/ gets EXP.

Editing the Manual Share caps would probably be /better/ and /much more efficient/.  Not sure if it's particularly /possible/, but I think 60:40 being the cap for a 2p party is too low. It should be able to go 90:10 minimum with 2p, imo.

Yes! Even 90:10 would be very nice! :o >.< Please, make it xD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: party, experience, level, plvl, power, %s, partyquest, boost, rate, percent