what the f uses hp then i thought charms had a skill that had damage based on hp
Impelling rage/Power charging use hp for dmg.
Jump to content
It depends, if you really like doing area damage then go for all out HP, do not neglect your HV tho, your equips [if possible] should also have some HV in it too [charm type equips in general].
For a more balanced build you can mix it up a little bit, but since you are 4114, I think some HV in a few of your equipments would be nice, here is my reasons:
1. you waste more HP pots if you have high HP and WT is a HUGE issue for char with only 1 point in Sense [unless you can afford those WT-less potions or you got yourself some good charm equips with WT on it, e.g. Red Pouch from myshop], also more HV = more miss = less damage
2. with 4114 build, you got some nice base AP from natural growth, so might as well use card skills [One pair] and volley kick as it's damage is based on HV and AP combinaton
3. Your HP number is only used for Impelling Rage skills and Siren Song [and to avoid dying too XD]. The latter is more affected by DP values rather than HP.
4. HP based skills are inconsistent despite it being decent area damage skills. The more you take damage, the lesser your damage will be. So if you are dying, say goodbye to your damage XD. Your HV based skills are far more consistent compared to HV, but is restricted to single target.
As for refining, its never a bad thing to get a good refine out of your shield [esp those 5 stars equips like Alt. Twist Shield for your level], however do not over do it if you cannot afford it. If you can however, just do it :]. You can still sell it after you do not use it anyway, so you kinda get your money back XD
This is from my personal opinion and experience as a charm type player.
Just poking my head in to say a few things.
1) I pretty much followed a HP Diva guide when I first started seriously doing DP Duke. The development and maintenance of this guide interests me.
2) Siren Song damage math stuff - just from raw numbers, stupidly high DP is the best way to bring this skill into opieop territory. BUT there's something that needs to be said here regarding leveling (I think I brought this up in my old DP Duke guide but I can't find that guide anymore) - While DP has a more dramatic effect on your Siren Song (both in boosting raw power and in keeping yourself in top form), to get the most out of it you... have to be leveling in HP (because of how the formula works). I ran the math on this once and Siren Song gets an additional five damage per level for DP chars and seven per level for HP chars.... or something like that. I'll have to re-run the numbers to be sure.
DP characters gain 8 DP and 30 HP per level.
HP characters gain 4 DP and 60 HP per level.
Nonbuilds gain 4 DP and 30 HP per level.
Assuming mastery, using GGFTW mastery Power of 4.6
And now, for pseudo-calculus!
ΔSS(D,M) = (8*5+30)*.46 = 70*.46 = 32.2 more damage on levelup
ΔSS(H,M) = (4*5+60)*.46 = 80*.46 = 36.8 more damage on levelup
ΔSS(X,M) = (4*5+30)*.46 = 50*.46 = 23 more damage on levelup
E2: So by level 235, just from leveling my Siren Song gained 7534.8 damage, while had I been leveling in HP this whole time that would be 8611.2 - a difference of over a thousand. Meanwhile a pure HV or pure AP diva/duke has only gained 5382. Nothing to sneeze at, certainly, but it's not a workhorse skill at that number given the cooldown.
Actually, HP is probably the one stat that's most commonly comped for. As far as I've seen there's a very, very small subset of armaments that can comp for DP, and I've seen nothing that refines for DP that can also take DP as a comp stat - usually what comps for DP will be stuff that refines for one of the magic stats, if it can be refined at all *cough*capes*cough*.
At DP 799 (level 400) I'm going to have a base DP of 3188. Everything after that has to be through equips. I don't think 50k DP is any more possible for myself as it is for anyone else, 3K isn't anything to sneeze at (it's still more than most players have in total) but after that you're refining everything.
E: But yeah. The reason HP is preferred for leveling over DP is because HP simply has way more options, including going pure and being effective that way.
ARGH [Myshop Head lvl 250] and Nekokao Mask 260 [Myshop Mask] can both also be compounded with DP.
Yeah, there's not a lot of options for DP compound, but the link above shows a few good one. There might be a better choice than the above links tho, but eh XD
With slot expander, each piece from the above links can reach around 2K DP (can reach even 3k DP if compound is really good and hax temper), I still gonna use 2k as average tho, so around extra 12k DP from 6 equipment.. So that will be a total of about 25K DP. That's still without powerful regal shield, with poweful regal shield it should be around 26-27k DP WITHOUT base DP, with base it will be around 30k total at level 400. Actually 50k DP might be plausible with buffs on if you are pure DP !
But then again, this is only a speculation tho, would really love to see someone to try this build XD This is getting interesting
I have some noob questions:
1. Do divas need elements? If yes, which one?
2. What are the best equips and pet in this server now? If possible, please tell me everything that appears in Equip window except fashion, bullet & drill.
1. Divas does not really need elements, unless you wanna do melee damage. Elemental attributes does not contribute to any of divas skill damage formula. But feel free to make some attribute stuff if you have the fund, it may come in handy sometimes if you just wanted to smack stuffs XD
2. There are still a lot of options when it comes to high end game equipment [not as much as mid game equipment] but most of these stuffs are really expensive. Here is the list of the most common one.
- Altiverse Crimson Shield
- Draconic Shield
- [JP]Le Sitar Silt
- Powerful Regal Shield
- [JP]Naked Blade Shield 310
- Altiverse Crimson Sword [HV compound or Fire Attribute if melee]
- Draconic Sword [HV compound or Fire Attribute if melee]
- Card Master Racoon Staff 230
- [JP]Naked Blade Hat 310
- [JP]Le Sitar Hat
- Altiverse Crimson Necklace
- [JP]Lepa Cot Necklace
- Draconic Pendant
- [JP]Naked Collider Key 310
- [JP]Shinomiya Sunflower 310
- [TH]Santa Esther(Power/Charm)
- [JP]Le Sitar Belt 310 [basically the best belt a power, charm and gunner type can get]
- Cyclone Belt
- Universal Trickster Cape 360 [the best cape ever there is XD]
- Wings of Athena
- [JP]Lepa cot Rem race
- [JP]Spica data shawl
- [JP]Naked collider Cape
- [JP]Le sitar network light
- [JP]Nekokao mask 260
- [JP]Doze off beckoning cat head
- Pavane head accessory 280
- Kitty Sprint 190
- Orange Shoestring
I might miss a few stuffs there, but these are the one that came across my mind atm :]
Most of these stuffs are equip-able around lvl 300+
Hope it helps !