Photo

Kyzuumi's Diva Guide (All Credits to the Owner)

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Nanniro

Nanniro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:SunnyDaze
  • Class:Cat
  • Level:<100

This is an awesome guide that gives just enough detail without being long-winded! Only one correction is that in this version of Trickster, the first job quest is at Level 60 - TM 50 instead of Level 50 - TM 40. Not a big deal with the whole triple exp and whatnot. Still ain't a lie about Cats being awful early on. 1-60 still took me a few days (Maybe 20ish hours total) with VIP and some MS gear. As soon as I got volley kick it got better, but I'm still 6x, gotta keep going! Thanks Kyzuumi!

Kyzuumi

Kyzuumi

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • IGN:Kyzuumi, Cersei
  • Class:Soul Master, Cat
  • Level:19x, 7x

Model is awful if you're avoiding PB (not like it's crazy accurate anyway), and I'll probably bite the bullet and buy a lowbie set or get PB and use a master's authority on it

Kyzuumi: Fat Wind/Earth SM.  Cersei: HV Diva.  Nymeria: Super Ninja.

89dYZh.png

I got the name Jaime on my alt account and I'm just dead.

Nanniro

Nanniro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Yeah, I did it with basic attacks only, so it was obnoxiously slow. Not to mention the job change monster was very difficult due to my low damage. Spammed the potion key until it fell off!

How would a hybrid approach work for Charm stats? Say we like evasion and defense, but need HP too. Should we do 4114/3124, add all HP and compound for HV and DP? Would the opposite work just as well or better? Maybe we should just pick DP or HV and focus on it, maybe.

Kyzuumi

Kyzuumi

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBoston

What I did for eTO, was I got a 5 Star Shield (Alti/Boss) and refine it heavily for DP.  This is the BEST way to get more DP for Siren Song.  I went full HV with mostly HP Compounds.  If I had a few spares of an equipment, I would have an HP/HV version of something.  I don't recommend compounding for DP.  A decent solution for a shield is borrowing a Tenter Set (which can be difficult in itself) and doing the quest for the Shield.  If I still had screenshots of my old Diva I'd dig them out.  But HP also helps SS, but with our two DP buffs it should be moderately easy to hit high values just from refining equipment, with HUGE amounts coming from 5-star Shields.  

89dYZh.png

Nanniro

Nanniro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Oh! I forgot that SS scales off of DP as well. In that case, I can absolutely see the value in that. I should really get into compounding and refining more, but at level 83 I'm not running into that need yet. Once I'm in the triple digits I'll revisit the idea. Thank you Kyzuumi!

Kyzuumi

Kyzuumi

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBoston

Yeah, definitely don't worry about getting *too* into refining and compounded until later.  Divas feel moderately underpowered until like 180+ IMO, though with the Altiverse 155 set you'll probably see more Divas with amazing numbers.  A good Weapon with HV, good refined 5-star shield+helmet, mmmm.

What's really fantastic about the DP/HP relationship for Divas, is that the formula for IR is also based off how full your Health is.  Super Hips + Really High DP + High HV Value = Very little HP lost, which translates into more reliable IR damage while also improving your other AoE skill Siren.  Once you start training in Fiesta and High Density areas like CT, you see some pretty decent leveling speeds.  Another thing to keep in mind, exp is calculated by damage done, not the death of a monster (that's TM), so even if you aren't OHKOing anything, you can gain exp very quickly rotating you AoEs as Diva.

... and then I went off on a fun tangent!

89dYZh.png

Nanniro

Nanniro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

At least it was a very helpful tangent. Keep up your awesome ways!

XxInvinciblexX

XxInvinciblexX

Phantom School Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • IGN:XxInvinciblexX
  • Class:Mercenary
  • Level:269
There are flaws, like also increase hitting chance. *Critical damage

Kyzuumi

Kyzuumi

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBoston

Care to elaborate?  If you mean PvP, this is a PvE guide, and considering I was the one in my old guild (Exitiuim) often helping to beat the 72 Floor boss, I'd say the path allows for a stellar PvE career.

My guides are always for PvE, I'm known for my strict PvE only gameplay, and that's all I write my guides for.  I never use melee hits while training, which you'd notice if you watched my videos.  I've never heard of Siren Song, Impelling Rage, Card Strike/Lady Luck, or Volley Kick missing.  If you think there's a legitimate, serious issue with those skills missing, let me know.  

I take my Diva guide particularly seriously and I appreciate elaborate responses if anyone ever has anything in the negative to say.  

• Tokaru likes this

89dYZh.png

bunnilovr

bunnilovr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationON, Canada
  • IGN:fancypusheen

just wanted to add that siren song master items are 3 chele cards instead of 40 nephthy's songs on our server for some reason o3o

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3759 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief
  • Level:400

Since the original guide was written by Kyzuumi and the original author himself/herself is here confirming the authorship, and since the guide is re-published in our forum, Game Advisor title is awarded to Kyzuumi. Thank you for allowing the guide to be shared by members of our community.

Metalúrgico Funerario

Metalúrgico Funerario

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia.
  • IGN:TitaniodeOro
  • Class:Raccoon
  • Level:15

Thank you for this incredible guide, I´m just back to the game and this guide is wonderful. B) ^_^

Merm

Merm

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • IGN:Fumihiko/Shuri
  • Class:Priest/Gambler
  • Level:22x/17x

Late, but quick question: How viable are AP Divas now if I still comp for HP/HV? Should an AP cat go Prima instead?

Mains: Fumihiko - 22x Priest | Shuri - 17x Gambler | MiharuMidorikawa - 11x Wind/Earth/Melee Bard

To Create: Merm - AP Cat | ClearSeragaki - Scientist in training | Ryuuren - Dark Hybrid remake from eTO

CandyHeart

CandyHeart

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • IGN:Who Knows~
  • Class:I'll Check
  • Level:Climbing

Hey Kyzuumi! Long over-due Thank you! for your guide on Divas! This guide has helped me out so much not just now but also back in eTO. My first cat was a Prima but I was not happy with her and went to ggFTW, found your post which is a big reason I tried Diva out. Been pretty much in-love ever since with the class. Much appreciation for all the work you put into making it and answering questions though the years.  

Cheers!~

Oshi

Oshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:xChibi
  • Class:Librarian

Hey guys! I find this guide really helpful! *~*

The only problem is that I'm a little bit confused..so I'd like some advice! ^_^

From what I understand I could go Pure HV with 3124 build and AP/HP equips, or I could go with Pure AP and HP/HV equips..but If I'm going with pure AP already wouldn't it be better to go with 4114 build instead? because I'm focusing on AP with this build.

I'm not so interested in Evolution and I'd rather be strong with my skills so which way is better to go with? 

(I only have experience with my sheep so I'm not really familiar with charm types >_<)

TweetyBird

TweetyBird

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCA, UsA
  • IGN:TweetyBird
  • Class:Witch
  • Level:247

Hey guys! I find this guide really helpful! *~*

The only problem is that I'm a little bit confused..so I'd like some advice! ^_^

From what I understand I could go Pure HV with 3124 build and AP/HP equips, or I could go with Pure AP and HP/HV equips..but If I'm going with pure AP already wouldn't it be better to go with 4114 build instead? because I'm focusing on AP with this build.

I'm not so interested in Evolution and I'd rather be strong with my skills so which way is better to go with? 

(I only have experience with my sheep so I'm not really familiar with charm types >_<)

Yes you can go pure AP 4114 if you want to have to lug around a weight acc. 3124 Gives you a bit of weight for more potions. Entirely up to you.

Oshi

Oshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:xChibi
  • Class:Librarian

Yes you can go pure AP 4114 if you want to have to lug around a weight acc. 3124 Gives you a bit of weight for more potions. Entirely up to you.

I decided to go with either Pure HV or Pure HP because from what I understand most of the Diva's skills relay on these stats.

Thank you :3

Flannel

Flannel

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • IGN:Flannel
  • Class:Wizard

I decided to go with either Pure HV or Pure HP because from what I understand most of the Diva's skills relay on these stats.

Thank you :3

Most of the skills are HV with a few alterations.

Siren Song - Pretty sure this is HP based

Sumo Suit - HP

Volley Kick - AP/HV, HV boosts it stronger than AP does

Card skills - AP/HV, AP boosts it stronger than HV does

Become the wings of rebellion, that breaketh thy chains of captivity.

LordGahnome

LordGahnome

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • IGN:BuffyBuffIsBuffy
  • Class:Boofaloo
  • Level:322

Most of the skills are HV with a few alterations.

Siren Song - Pretty sure this is HP based
Sumo Suit - HP
Volley Kick - AP/HV, HV boosts it stronger than AP does
Card skills - AP/HV, AP boosts it stronger than HV does

Siren song is heavily based on Dp, though I believe a small portion comes from Hp

Also, sumo suit is not an attack in skill. Nor does it require Hp. Sumo suit is only a damage resistance increase. (Albeit an incredibly effective one.)

Sumo suit requires 301 total HV to reach its maximum damage resistance which is 50%.

Flannel

Flannel

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • IGN:Flannel
  • Class:Wizard

Siren song is heavily based on Dp, though I believe a small portion comes from Hp

Also, sumo suit is not an attack in skill. Nor does it require Hp. Sumo suit is only a damage resistance increase. (Albeit an incredibly effective one.)

Sumo suit requires 301 total HV to reach its maximum damage resistance which is 50%.

what the f uses hp then i thought charms had a skill that had damage based on hp

Become the wings of rebellion, that breaketh thy chains of captivity.