• PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil
  • IGN:iRuri
  • Class:Thief Master
  • Level:170
iRuri's PvE Shuriken Thief Master Guide

Hello and welcome to my guide!

I played as Thief Master on eTO and recently i've decided to make this guide to help new players and those who want to play as Thief Master but don't know where to begin.

If you're reading this i don't need to sell the class for you (a.k.a Why should you make a fox), but list the Pros and Cons before we start doesn't hurt.

PvE Shuriken Thief Master Pros & Cons

PROS

A) If built correctly, can deal a very decent damage to almost any monster on the game, usually OHKOing them.

B ) Gets perfect drilling very soon (DA 90).

C) Great character to make money early in the game.

D) Can obliterate bosses easily.

E) Good set of skills that allows you to attack single and multiple targets efficiently.

F) Very good at compounding stuff with Paul and Nadia.

G) If played right, don't need to spend a lot of potions.

CONS

A) Very low MP pool and that can be a problem early in the game when trying to use some performance enhancing skills. (Can be fixed by compounding MP on your equipments, but more on that later)

B ) Many of its skills uses Throwing Items and since you'll need to buy them all the time, this is a money spending issue that never goes away. And the higher your level the higher is your outlay.

C) Gets area and multiple target skills late in the game.

D) Need constant maintenance on equipments, if anything better is available you must get it, including Mature Compounding. (The area Neo sets should do it, but remember to always compound your stuff)

I don't remember anything else right now, but if i do, i will add later.

STARTING BUILD

I'm assuming that you are familiar with the build graph and knows what every stat represent.

1144 - The most common build for Thief Masters and by far the best available, its also my build. Provides more HP,DP and HV that sometimes can be extremely useful; lack in MP but again that can be fixed by compounding. Recommended for all players.

1243 - I've seen some foxes use this one back in the days. Provides a better mana pool, but reduces your charm stats in a rate that can be lethal to you. I do not recommend this because the extra MP you gain doesn't compensate what you lose on charm stats.

Personally these are the only two viable build for a Shuriken Thief Master and even not recommending the second one, some people might like to use it.

BONUS POINTS

You should go Pure DA and that's all i'm saying on that subject.

Your DA raises by 1 for each 16 points invested so, if you go Pure DA you gain 1 DA every two levels.

Fun Fact: (Current Level - 1) / 2 = Your DA

SKILL BUILD

I'm gonna say this right away, at some point, the skills you should get turn into personal need. You might face a need that i didn't and your skill choice can be different from mine, so think about this as tips to a better development, not a list of what you must get first.

Points - Skill Name | Level

Archaeologist

1 - Invincible Drill | Passive Skill

2~13 - Stone Strike | Master

15~26 - Shuriken Master | Master

28~39 - Sixth Sense | Master (This is an awesome skill that you'll use forever, but early in the game you might not have enough MP to use it often at Master Level unless you are willing to spend some money on potions)

41 - Armor Destructor | Lv 1

45~57 - Lucky Seven | Master (Requires TM Lv 50 to learn)

Explorer

59~63 - Precise Pitch | Lv 5

66~79 - Chain of Knives | Master (Requires TM Lv 80 to learn)

80~86 - Precise Pitch | Master

89~98 - Aura of Luck | Lv 10

102~115 - Fan of Knives | Master (Requires TM Lv 130 to learn)

Thief Master

120~124 - Hide | Lv 5 (Requires TM Lv 130 to learn) 

128~140 - Poison Assault | Master (Requires TM Lv 135 to learn) 

143 - Aura of Luck | Master

144~151 - Hide | Master

Later Skills

Rain of Knives | Master  (Requires TM Lv 210 to learn)

At this point master everything you find useful. For instance, i spent some points mastering Heavy Carrier because i could put some extra WT to a good use back then. Some people like to get Landmine and Explosives Expert but like i said before, get skills that suits your needs first.

BATTLE SKILLS EFFECT AND DAMAGE CALCULATION EQUATIONS (DCE)

All equations assume that your skills are Mastered.

Stone Strike - One of you most powerful single target skills. It's a melee DA based skill and you'll use it a lot. DCE: (DA + 1) x 46

Shuriken Master - Great single target ranged skill that deals decent damage. Throws the mounted item on the opponent dealing DA based damage. DCE: [(DA + Throw AP / 10) x 33] -1. Throw AP floats according to you mounted item.

Sixth Sense - DA boost skill. Increase your DA by 45% for 2 minutes.

Lucky Seven - LK boost skill. Increase your LK by 45% for 2 minutes.

Precise Pitch - Damage boost skill. Amplifies the damage caused by all your throwing skills. 

Chain of Knives - Excellent single target ranged skill. Throws 4 of the mounted item on your opponent.  DCE: (DA x 16 + Throw AP x 2.4) x 4.2 

Aura of Luck - Party LK boost skill. Increase your and your party's LK for 2 Minutes and 40 Seconds. The increase depends on your current LK x 1.18. Stacks with Lucky Seven.

Fan of Knives - Great multiple target skill, that deals decent damage. Throws the mounted item on opponents in the range of action.  DCE: (DA + Throw AP / 10) x 40

Hide - Invisibility Skill. Makes you invisible for 46 seconds.

Poison Assault - You should really look forward to this one, you're gonna use this to kick some serious asses. Damage overtime and, i believe, your most powerful single target skill. Throws a poisoned mounted item on your opponent dealing damage overtime. Can only be used while using Hide; this skill cancels the concealment after use.

DCE: Shuriken Hit Formula | (DA × 62.4) + Throw AP  ||  Poison Formula | [(DA × 16) + Throw AP] × 0.312

Rain of Knives - Oh that's the stuff! Excellent area skill that deals great damage. Throws the mounted item to the sky to fall like a rain striking the area previously set and hits 4 times up to 6 targets.

DCE: (Throw AP + DA) x 17

EQUIPMENTS

As a shuriken fox you should focus your equipments on three stats HP, MP and DA. All other useful stats like HV,DP,AC,LK will come naturally through your gear and skills. Surprisingly, Trickster is really nice towards Thief Masters because all area sets works just fine for you, all you need to do is compound some stuff and you're good to go. 

Set (Weapon, Shield and Hat)

*Area Set: Usually in area sets you can compound DA on Weapons, MP on Hats and HP on shields so that's what you're going to do. Those sets carried me all the way up to Lv 160 without a single problem.

MyShop Option: I extremely recommend using the Area Sets until you begin/finish Rose Garden and save your MS Points to a Box Set or a good MS Set for Lv 150+

Accessories: Some quests give good accessories; use the ones that enhance your main attributes and have a useful compoundable stats like HP/MP/DA.

MyShop Option: Again, the in-game quest rewards are pretty good so, i recommend to only get MS stuff at lv 140~150+

Innerwear: Start with Golden Mole Vest at Lv 60. If you want, switch to 3rd Anniversary Vest at Lv 90 and i extremely recommend to get Dino T-Shirt at Lv 140. You can switch to Honeybee T-Shirt at Lv 220 and end there or take Wind Corset at 260, but there's a problem.

You see, all these vests must be compounded with HP and Wind Corset cannot be compounded with HP. Now you have a choice, stick with Honeybee at 220 that can be compounded with HP or get Wind Corset, compound with MP and compensate the HP on another piece of your equipment. It's up to you.  

Head and Face: You should start with a head equipment at Lv 90; i recommend the Goldfish compounded with DA and switch to a better one when you feel that worth it. Get a face equipment when you feel like it, personally my first face equipment was Odd Eyes at Lv 170.

Pet: Again, get a good pet when you feel it's time. I got my first pet at Lv 90 and until there i was using the in-game pets like Megalo UFO, so it's up to you. 

Tip: Evolution Pets have 4 Stages of Evolution, so if you're planning to give a hardant to your pet, buy the one of the second stage of evolution. Since you get 3 hardants, keep using that one on the following evolutions and you will not end up with any hardants left and unused.

Capes: If you manage to find an in-game cheap cape get it asap, but if not, get it from a box set because they're really good and better than that, permanent. Avoid rechargeable capes.

Sprint: Get a Kitty Sprint for you level, run like the wind and be happy :)

*Area sets are obtainable by exchanging tokens with Mint. Tokens a.k.a Caballa Slate, Oops Shell, Mermaid Scale, Spirit Marble, Rose Crest, etc are obtained by completing many quests on these areas.

COMPOUNDING YOUR GEAR

Like i said, you must focus your compoundings on DA, HP and MP, but lets talk more about this because if you make a mistake, you can overcompound a stat and seriously lack on another one.

DA - The higher your DA, the higher is your Damage.

HP - The higher your HP, more damage you can take before faint.

MP - The higher you MP, more skills you can spam.

You need to balance these three stats in a way that you can hit hard, take a decent amount of damage and spam skills like the devil himself is chasing you.

Usually goes like this:

DA - Weapon, at least 1 Accessory, Head, Face and Cape

HP - Innerwear, Shield and Sprint

MP - Hat and at least one Accessory

If you manage to do this, you should be fine. If your gear doesn't let you do this way, compensate on another piece of gear, like i said before on Wind Corset. 

This guide is a work in progress and some stuff will be added later. I wanted to post this right away so it can help people while i'm still working on more content.

Hope you guys like it,

iRuri

Research Material: ggFTW Trickster

• Nariann, Aran, Kaideh and 6 others like this

Posted Image

iRuri's Store (Selling Topic): http://board.playtri...6-iruris-store/

iRuri's PvE Shuriken Thief Master Guide: http://board.playtri...f-master-guide/

darude

darude

Phantom School Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • IGN:~

nice guide! I will use this guide for my fox. thank you =)

Azura

Azura

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Thank YOU for accepting my tips on how to make your Thief Master :)

Hope you have fun with your fox,

iRuri

Posted Image

Kaideh

Kaideh

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Locationサントス
  • IGN:Kyrie
  • Class:Entertainer
  • Level:105/73
Nice guide! I might attempt building a Fox later on with your tips! Thanks a bunch, iRuri!
  • Azura likes this

Librarian_Icon.gif.Kaideh /. Schoolgirl_Icon.gif.Lenna /. Model_Icon.gif.Kyrie
Light_Icon.gifWater_Icon.gifAir_Icon.gif............... Power_Icon.gif................. Charm_Icon.gif

Azura

Azura

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Thanks a lot for stopping by and taking your time to read the guide.

I will add stuff soon, so stay tuned :)

iRuri

• Kaideh likes this

Posted Image

sandreams

sandreams

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • IGN:Liminality/SutuHeo
  • Class:Wizzy/Lion
  • Level:360/27X

Thanks for the guide. I find it really helpful. Time to make a foxie!

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3729 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief
  • Level:400

I really, really wish I could make a DA-based fox, but I'm such a lazy player that all I can manage is using a melee fox and playing totally without attack/defence skill. I am just too lazy to carry throwing items; too lazy to activate skills; too lazy to comp items for DA. Ever since I started playing Trickster starting somewhere late 2009, I have always played melee fox. People used to say I should just play a power type instead, but I can't do that either. I can't deal with the poor WT and the inability to see drilling spots.

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts
  • IGN:*sigh*

I really, really wish I could make a DA-based fox, but I'm such a lazy player that all I can manage is using a melee fox and playing totally without attack/defence skill. I am just too lazy to carry throwing items; too lazy to activate skills; too lazy to comp items for DA. Ever since I started playing Trickster starting somewhere late 2009, I have always played melee fox. People used to say I should just play a power type instead, but I can't do that either. I can't deal with the poor WT and the inability to see drilling spots.

I know how you feel, except my problem was that I like to have satisfying critical hits. Fox's crit animation is kinda sucky, so I never really made much headway on a melee fox. I tried to make a pure DA Fox and it was kinda fun, but I ended up deleting her and giving her name to a raccoon.

Posted Image

♥ My heart belongs to Kyoudai ♥

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3729 posts

I like the double-hit crits of foxes. It's one of the things I like about playing a melee fox.

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

Double crits must be nice. I still find their crit animation far too lacking for me to enjoy a melee fox, though. Bunny has the most satisfying crit, imo.

Posted Image

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3729 posts

I like bunny's damage but I like fox's hit style. When she hits, she swings her weapon, and the double hit went super fast, whereas bunny's hit is more like a jab and it is a single jab. Bunny's damage, however, is awesome. In eTO, my level 307 bunny could kill the floor 72 dragon with one tetra punch after her guardian did a shield breaker. Arantir, my melee fox, level 400 in eTO, could only kill the dragon in 3 - 4 hits after shield breaker from the guardian. 

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

I like how bunny has an uppercut for her crit.

Actually, I like most of the crits.

And your Fox would probably be able to one-shot if she had mastered Pumping Heart active.

Posted Image

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3729 posts

Like I said before, I didn't use any skill when playing fox (except when drilling, when I'd use Basic Detection or Item Detector). When I hit using fox, it was raw attack. Only the guardian used skills. Pumping Heart is a bunny skill, not fox skill. 

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

Like I said before, I didn't use any skill when playing fox (except when drilling, when I'd use Basic Detection or Item Detector). When I hit using fox, it was raw attack. Only the guardian used skills. Pumping Heart is a bunny skill, not fox skill. 

I know that. I wasn't saying it was.

Pumping Heart still has an AoE effect, though, meaning a Bunny or a Buffalo can trigger Pumping Heart in your party and you'd probably wipe out the bosses.

Posted Image

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3729 posts

Haha I was a solo player. Still am. I kill monsters alone. So no party skills for me.

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

Ah, I understand. I enjoy soloing, too. Especially in games like Elsword and Grand Chase.

Posted Image

Azura

Azura

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Thank you guys for stopping by and read the guide :)

Aran, you don't have to level up a Pure DA Fox to 400 in a week you know. If you're lazy, take a small step everyday and after two or more months, look back and see where those tiny efforts have taken you :)

I did that myself and i'm very satisfied with the results.

Right now, i'm not even leveling up and getting progress on the guardian project. I'm just enjoying the events and i think my fox never spent that amount of time drilling xD

Thanks again!

iRuri

Posted Image

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3729 posts

I simply do not like carrying throw items and having to activate skills all the time in order to fight. That's why I can't & don't like to play DA foxes. It's not a question of trying to get to level 400 in a week.

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • 2308 posts

I kinda wanna try a pure Melee fox but I also kinda don't

Posted Image

Azura

Azura

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

I honestly don't see the point of making a Melee Fox. You deliberately throw all your power away and relies on pure physical strength that suits better Power-Types o.o

Well ppl are not the same so, if you say you don't like it, there's nothing i can do about it.

Again, i appreciate your support guys :)

iRuri

• Terrible likes this

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iRuris, PvE, Shuriken, Thief, Master, Thief Master, Guide, Fox Guide, Fox