Neven

Neven

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • IGN:Kuchen
  • Class:pew pew~

So I've realized that many people don't know that your daily fortune is an indicator of how many items you'll get from your treasure hunts. I was going to make this guide to solely indicate which fortune shows what, but I figured I should start from the top for those who don't know how to start treasure hunting in the first place. Sorry this guide isn't pretty like the others, as it was just intended to be a quick and dirty guide in the first place!

FAQ:

1. What are the maps for?

Worn and old maps spew out various items, mostly galder coupons and food items. Other key items that come from these maps are chaos feathers, nikarium fragments, and black elixir fragments. Food items, along with recipes found from drilling anywhere, are used to make various heal items at the Black Market. To get to the Black Market, you need a weird map.

2. What's the difference between worn and old maps?

Iirc, nikarium fragments only come from worn maps. Old maps have black elixir fragments, instead, as well as more galders/CFs.

3. I've only made one worn map! Why won't Reina let me make more?

You can only take the quest if there are no full maps currently made in your inventory. If you're making maps in batches, I suggest having a secondary character (yours or a friend) hold your already made maps.

4. How do I make old maps?

In order to make old maps, you have to do the worn maps at least 50 times. Once you've done that, you can only get an old map once a day.

5. Where is Reina/Marky in ____?

Refer to the ggFTW's wiki for each of their location.

6. What are nikarium fragments used for?

Nikarium fragments are required in order to make a full nikarium. Complete nikariums are used to make powerful equipment. In order to make these powerful equipment, you'll need a full nikarium and two pieces of old equipment of the type you're planning to make. Both powerfuls and nikariums can be made in the Black Market. You'll need to go to the corresponding black markets for your equipment, though. (e.g., Powerful sticks are made in Techichi's black market.)

TREASURE HUNTING

Step 1: Start by doing the quest from Indiana John in Southeast Forest, shown here:

john_zps08b0d6d1.jpg

Step 2: Now that you've done the quest from Indiana John, you're now able to make maps! There is a Reina and Driller King Marky in each area. You can make worn and old maps (once a day for old maps) with Reina, and weird maps with Driller King Marky. Refer to the ggFTW's wiki for each of their location. Do note that you can only make a map if there is none in your inventory, so if you're making multiple maps at once, have a secondary character hold the already made maps.

Step 3: Once you have your map, double click it to activate it. An icon should appear between your miniquest view icon and your mail icon.

icon_zps81327397.jpg

Hover over this icon to find the location of your treasure. (Or double click it to open up the Map view.)

icon2_zps71a44e95.jpg

Step 4: Once on the map, your chat window should have some indication of your Detect Level. (If you don't see one right away, just walk further into the map.)

detect0_zps2805336a.jpg

There should also be a radar continuously blinking underneath your character. The closer you are to the hidden spot, the faster it blinks.

blip_zpsab26e6e1.jpg

It's basically the "hot or cold" game, 6 being the furthest and 1 being the closest. Run around til you find it!

Step 5: Once you find the right spot, a message should appear like this:

detect_zps984e3a22.jpg

If you've hit the right spot, a giant "SURPRISE" should pop up once you've started digging.

surprise_zpsd461270a.jpg

Annnd you've found your treasure! Congratulations! Now, rinse and repeat as many times as necessary. :>

• Vis, Pepper, CaptivAtE and 8 others like this

pFw6kO4.png?1

Story of my life.

Neven

Neven

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

DAILY FORTUNES

There are 11 different fortunes, which change daily for each character. They each show how many non-galder coupon items you'll get from each of your treasure maps. You can check your daily fortune with Stella.

1_Ari_zpsad52478f.jpg

# of non-galder coupon items: 1

1_Alde_zps24e0ace7.jpg

#of non-galder coupon items: 5

1_Regur_zps68455dfa.jpg

# of non-galder coupon items: 3 or 4

1_Praese_zpsfa590ddb.jpg

# of non-galder coupon items: 2 or 3 or 4

1_Spica_zpsf8d3d1ed.jpg

# of non-galder coupon items: 2 or 3

1_Libra_zpsa4b9ec79.jpg

# of non-galder coupon items: 1 or 3

• Vis, Kheops, Torikakae and 5 others like this

pFw6kO4.png?1

Story of my life.

Neven

Neven

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

(DAILY FORTUNES CONTINUATION)

1_Antari_zps2e99d800.jpg

# of non-galder coupon items: 4 or 5

1_Luke_zps51265647.jpg

# of non-galder coupon items: 2 or 4

1_Capri_zpsad2f0923.jpg

# of non-galder coupon items: 3 or 4 or 5

1_Formal_zpscf0a37be.jpg

# of non-galder coupon items: 1 or 2

1_Alrescha_zps2f1ac65a.jpg

# of non-galder coupon items: 1

• Vis, Kheops, Torikakae and 3 others like this

pFw6kO4.png?1

Story of my life.

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts
  • IGN:*sigh*

Just for clarification to those who don't know what the difference between map pieces are:

Worn Map Pieces - Leads to a guaranteed location of Poseidon's Treasure.
Wierd Map Pieces - Leads to a guaranteed location to enter the Black Market for that zone.

The black market is where you go to buy Artisan equipment, craft Powerful equipment, craft Morph equipment, as well as buy timed ears and tails that provide stat bonuses to your character type. You can also use all those ingredients that you can find inside of Poseidon's Treasures inside here, as well, by talking to the Sandman there. The levels and stats of the equipment available vary by location. The Black Market of Snow Hill will be more powerful than the Black Market of Caballa Relics. The Sandman is the one who will combine your Nikarium Fragments into a Nikarium piece. The Nikarium is then used to make powerful gear via Vinosh or Favian. Many people try to find the Black Markets in order to buy the timed ears and tails for the stat bonuses they supply.

• Neven likes this

Posted Image

♥ My heart belongs to Kyoudai ♥

Neven

Neven

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Oh, yes. Thank you, Ishimaru, for the clarification. It was around 3am when I whipped this sucker up. Dx

Added a few FAQs to the post. If there are any more questions, feel free to ask~

pFw6kO4.png?1

Story of my life.

QQinfinity

QQinfinity

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • IGN:QQinfinity
  • Class:Witch (Water/Elect/Light)
  • Level:200 ish

Oh, yes. Thank you, Ishimaru, for the clarification. It was around 3am when I whipped this sucker up. Dx

Added a few FAQs to the post. If there are any more questions, feel free to ask~

Whats the difference between Worn and Old?

I know weird gets you to black market but I never managed to figure out the difference between the other two.

Posted Image

"At Fiesta, everyday is Customer Appreciation Day. Come see for yourself, and get in touch with our products! Every day's great at your Fiesta!"

—Fiesta commercial
(I'm sorry, I couldn't stop myself from doing this, it was just too perfect a joke to let it pass...)

Kiyondo

Kiyondo

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts
  • IGN:*sigh*

I know weird gets you to black market but I never managed to figure out the difference between the other two.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think there is a difference. I think it's just a naming inconsistancy.

Posted Image

♥ My heart belongs to Kyoudai ♥

Minttu

Minttu

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1365 posts
  • Locationin a cemetary with the rest of tassu
  • IGN:Minttu
  • Class:the Führer
  • Level:361

2. What's the difference between worn and old maps?

Iirc, nikarium fragments only come from worn maps. Old maps have black elixir fragments, instead, as well as more galders/CFs.

• QQinfinity likes this

Sakurah

Sakurah

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • IGN:Kanani/Chartoinette
  • Class:ALL
  • Level:

Also with old maps, there is a chance for book items (such as the character prologues for example) to appear. Although with the Raccoon/Holden books, they're in Thai. Don't know about the other books as I dug up those and Reunion on Caballa Island so far.

GnMXMIr.png

Sig by Rietta
I'm friends with the MONSTER that's under my bed

Get along with the VOICES inside of my HEAD

Tumblr  last.fm

Elli

Elli

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • IGN:Elli
  • Class:Sheep

So helpful! T_T Thankk youuuuu <3

I though I was doing it wrong by trying to drill up the area. Still havent found a treasure yet though.. o.o

kiru_for_anhiee_by_teepoo.gif

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Hi! :D I was wondering if you could do guide about making powerful equipment? xD I was about to make one but I'm bad using this forum system :S And this guide is really great. :D People keep asking me how to do powerful equipment so I think guide about it might be pretty nice? :o I think I could give you some images and help you with stuff if needed? ^ ^

tigrexi

tigrexi

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • IGN:Tigritou
  • Class:Dragon
  • Level:17X

I dont get that of the "Daily Fortunes"... What are they? Or how to get them?

lx4yLp9.jpg

Minttu

Minttu

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • 1365 posts
You talk to Stella and ask for your daily fortune.

Terrible

Terrible

Phantom School Student

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationReign's Heart
  • IGN:MrsBagels
  • Class:Queen
  • Level:#{1}

You talk to Stella and ask for your daily fortune.

but there's quests that you have to complete (I think)

Posted Image

#{Wildcats}

Minttu

Minttu

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • 1365 posts

Well, yes. You have to do the fortune quest which is from Stella in Desert Beach field sand palace (i think, atleast it' on the right when you enter town).

It requires an item that you get from Don Giovanni in the same field.

Don Giovanni asks for 3 soaps

Pupu

Pupu

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationStarbucks
  • IGN:Ratera
  • Class:Basic

How do you got the Daily Fortune info?