Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief Master

Web Shop: Ordinary & Unusual Key

+ Repair Powder

Initially, this slot only sells Ordinary Key and Unusual Key, items needed to open locked boxes for events held by the server.

Later, Repair Powder is added with the function of specifying the amount you want to buy, which is useful if you wanted to buy in bulk (because in game, Repair Powder could only be bought in a pack of 5 per purchase).

unknown.png

If you clicked on “Ordinary & Unusual Key,” you will get to this page (see below):

unknown.png

Keys

Ordinary Key and Unusual Key are used to open locked boxes, which are items we used in previous events.

If you still have these locked boxes unopened, you can buy these keys to use to open them.

Unusual Keys give a better probability of getting rare items from the locked boxes.

Ordinary Keys give you higher probability to get common items from the locked boxes.

You can also buy these keys from MyShop in game: -- > Set & Special -- > Special Box -- > Last page

unknown.png

The difference between buying keys in game and on Web Shop:

In MyShop, you can only buy these keys by one unit per purchase (which is rather tedious if you want to buy many at once)

In Web Shop, you can specify how many units per purchase you want to buy these items (which is convenient if you want to buy many at once).

Repair Powder

You can buy Repair Powder from MyShop in game: -- > Use -- > Modifiers

unknown.png

The difference between buying repair powder in game and on Web Shop:

The quantity of item per purchase in MyShop is 5 units/2500 pts.

In Web Shop, you can specify any number of unit of repair powder you want to buy at a price of 500 pts per unit. Thus, if you want to buy more than 5 or less than 5, it is more convenient to buy repair powder on the Web Shop.

Note:

You can gift these items to chars on you friend list by selecting their names on the Gift slot and click on the “Gift” button.

unknown.png

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

Web Shop: Expand slot helper

+ Super Special Akuaregia of Nate

+ Patron Marks of Hephaestus

+ Azoto of Luck

+ Azoto of God

unknown.png

If you clicked on “Expand slot helper,” you’ll get to the following page:

unknown.png

Expand slot helpers are items used in expansion to increase compound slots for equipment (we’ll talk about expansion later).

Super Special Akuaregia of Nate = Expander item that can be used to expand both legendary uniques AND other expandable items

Patron Marks of Hephaestus = Expander item to stop you from losing the equipment that you are expanding when your expansion failed

Azoto of Luck = Increases the probability of your expanding success very slightly*

Azoto of God = Increases the probability of your expanding success about 5% better than Azoto of Luck*

* I’m not sure of exact % ~ aran

These items are also on sale in MyShop in game under Use – Special:

unknown.png

The difference between buying expander items in game and on Web Shop:

In game, you can only buy based on per one unit basis.

In Web Shop, you can specify any number of units you want to buy.

Therefore, if you want to buy many, it is more convenient to buy from Web Shop.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

Switch Character Group

unknown.png

This function supposedly switch chars in Group 1 (Slot 1, 2, 3) with Group 2 (Slot 4, 5, 6). This function is NOT VALID anymore because you can use Manage Character Slot to change the positions of your char individually.

Please DO NOT use this function.

(Or, go ahead, use it. Doesn’t matter. Won’t work anyway. If it suddenly decides to work on you, then just switch back. Hopefully it will still obey your command.  :ph34r:    )

• YuunaUwU likes this

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

Enabling/disabling VIP

unknown.png

If you were a VIP member on website but you want to disable this function in game, you can do so by clicking on this button.

This was a request made by PVPers back when “V” was a visible letter above their heads when in game to designate that they were VIP players.

Now, the “V” has already been removed, thus this function is no longer useful.

Note: If you disabled your VIP status, you will still lose its membership time count on website.

unknown.png

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

Transfer Mileage Points

+ Mileage Log

We have already discussed this under Section 6.2 above.

unknown.png

When you want to transfer mileage points to another account, you use this function.

Transfer and receipts of mileage points will be recorded in your Mileage Log.

unknown.png

You can see your Mileage Log by opening the Auction House function.

Note:

It is the usernames of the transferer/transferee accounts that are recorded in the Mileage Log. Therefore, be careful when you send mileage points to someone else (in cases where you are buying/selling mileage points with another player). If you didn’t want the person to know your username, do not engage in the activity of transferring mileage points.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

Fixing Cash Fail in game

unknown.png

Sometimes, maybe due to browser issue or some other unknown issues, players may see some garbled gibberish printed as the amount of their MyShop points.

Sometimes they may also see “CashFail” printed on that space.

unknown.png

If this happened to you, log in to website -- > Manage Account -- > click on CashFail to fix the issue.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

7. SUPPORT

unknown.png

RECOVERING FORGOTTEN ACCOUNT

In order to be able to recover your game account, you must remember the email address you used to register it.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

7.1 Recover forgotten username

If you have forgotten the username, you need to recover it.

Recover = getting back the same username

The steps to recover a username are as follows:

Go to website (no login needed) -- > Support -- > Username Recovery -- > Start Recovery -- > key in email used to register the account

If you keyed in the wrong email, the recovery will fail (pop-up box says “Recovery error”).

If you keyed in the correct email, the username will be sent to that email.

unknown.png

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

7.2 Reset forgotten password

+ Secure code will be given in the reset password email

If you have forgotten the password, you need to reset it.

Reset = changing it to a new random password

The steps involved are as follows:

Go to website (no login needed) -- > Support -- > Password Reset -- > Go To Reset -- > Start Reset -- > Key in your username and email

If you keyed in the correct username and email, a new password will be sent to that email.

Along with the new password, your Secure Code is also given in this email.

Thus, this is also one way to recover your Secure Code if you have forgotten it; just reset your password and your Secure Code will be informed to you through the same email.

unknown.png

Once you have retrieved that new password from your email, you can change that password to one that you like using the “Change Password” function in Manage Account page on website (see 6.3.1 Change Password).

Very important:

You must not forget the email you used to register your game account. This email is the key to recovering your account should you forget your username and password.

Always use email that works, and one that you will not lose access to in the future.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Before I continue with this guide, I want to say something.

Please understand that when you say you cannot access your email anymore, and want me to give you the information on username/password/secure code/lock code, I cannot give you this information.

1. I don't have the information. Only GM has it.

2. If I asked GM for it, he will come back with the same answer I have always given players: it is your responsibility to regain access to your email.

I know with Gmail, you are asked by Gmail to link your email to another recovery email in case you forgot your email password. Thus, you can always get access to your Gmail email.

If you then throw tantrum at me and say I don't give you support, or you won't play in the server anymore, well, what do you want me to do? Beg you not to leave? Feel bad because we are losing a player? While we don't want to lose players, we also don't want players who take advantage of us. Or players who don't respect our rules.

There are older players who come back and say they have forgotten information about their account; their email, username, etc, please can I give them such info? Now, what this tells me is that you do not consider it important enough to remember those information. You don't think your account is something important enough for you to remember or to keep. Then why don't you just make a new account if you want to play again?

It also does not help you if you come to me for help but with an attitude of entitlement and be quite rude in dealing with me. Do you think I will bend over backward to help you if you are rude to me? Hint: No.

Thank you.

~ aran 

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

8. DONATION

+ You can get useful items via event rewards such as equipment & consumables

Being the first ever private server for Trickster Online, I feel that rTO has been unfairly branded by certain people who wanted our server to get a bad rap about real money spending for an online game. They easily throw the “pay-to-win” accusation to rTO without looking at how this server makes a lot of things available for free through generous event rewards using MyShop consumables/boxes/items.

In reality, you do not have to spend money to play this game. There are many good equipment that are available in game that you can hunt, such as the legendary unique drops from legendary bosses, and the altiverse equipment from boxes dropped by Chaos Tower bosses, as well as Goddess items obtainable by completing Episode 6 (See 6.3.9 Events & Achievements).  You just need to know the game well to know where and how to hunt for good equipment to use to play the game.

Compared to the original game in eTO, this server has been generous with players; players only need to be involved and engaged to get event rewards for themselves. Therefore, to say that rTO is a pay-to-win server is misleading, and likely an attempt to discourage others from playing in this server.

Certainly, in rTO, if you wished to obtain MyShop points in order to better your chars and game experience, you can donate either via website or in game.

• Ghaspar likes this

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

8.1 Donating via Website

+ What to do if you have problem with donating

unknown.png

Click on “Donate” button -- > Choose method (e.g. PayPal) -- > Select Amount – click on “Buy Coin”

Please give time to allow for processing until you get your MS points.

If you have problem, if you used PayPal, contact PayPal.

If you used other methods, please click HELP to contact Paymentwall (the company in charge of our online transactions).

unknown.png

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

8.2 Donating in game

Press Y to go into MyShop -- > Charge Cash -- > Select payment method -- > Select package -- > Buy

unknown.png

Note: If Script Error box pops up, click “No.”

unknown.png

If you encounter problem while trying to donate in game, you do the same thing as above: contact PayPal if you use PayPal, and contact Paymentwall thorough HELP button on the donation page on website if you use other methods.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

8.3 Donation History Log

+ What to do if you have not received your MS points

Your donation history log is recorded on the donation page on website.

After making a donation, if you have not received your MS, check to see if it were recorded in this log.

If it were not recorded yet, contact Paymentwall by pressing HELP, or contact PayPal if you used PayPal.

If it were already recorded, yet you have not received the MS points, then contact Admin (Aran) and report it by attaching a screenshot of your log and citing the reference number (b….)

unknown.png

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

8.4 Bonus MS

Bonus amount of MS points are offered on an ongoing basis when you donate in a larger amount as follows:

unknown.png

In addition, during special occasions, the server may offer extra bonus MS points, such as 20% or 30% extra.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

9. Other Special Functions on the Website

The website offers many useful functions that go beyond what were offered by the now-closed official TO servers. These functions differentiate our private server from the official eTO server and contributes to the improvement of the game on rTO server.

To access these special functions, you can click on either “Auction House” button or “Special Features” button on the website home page.

unknown.png

Remember, to use some of the functions, you must be at least a Member on the website.

• haitchu likes this

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

9.1 WEBSITE BANK

Available to everyone.

You don’t have to be a web member to use the web bank.

unknown.png

The first thing you need to do on the website is to put some galders in your website bank.

This bank is separate from your in-game bank.

The purpose of putting some galders in your website bank is to enable you to buy and sell using Auction House as well as paying for other web functions such as smelting, etc.

Click on “Bank” -- > Deposit -- > Select char who will deposit galders into your web bank -- > key in amount -- > submit.

You can take out galders from your web bank by clicking on Withdraw -- > Select char that will withdraw the galders -- > key in amount -- > submit.

unknown.png

The advantage of web bank is that it could save more than what you could save inside your in-game bank.

You can do deposit and withdrawal at any time.

Tip: When keying in amount for deposit or withdrawal, please don’t put commas in the numbers. For example, use 1000000, not 1,000,000.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

9.2 AUCTION HOUSE (AH)

Available to everyone.

unknown.png

This is probably the most defining function that differentiate rTO from the official servers. Playtrickster Online (rTO) is the first private server for Trickster Online, opened after all the official servers closed in 2013.

RTO started its closed beta on July 15th, 2013, and opened officially on August 15th, 2013.

Sentiments at that time were a mix of relief (“At least we still can play this game now!”), cynicism (“Private servers won’t work. This will close down just like the official servers.” “This is a scam! They just want money!”), and horrendous envy (“Give us the game files for free! We want to open our own private servers, too!).

As the first private server, we were a target… of many things. Some people wanted us dead on arrival. So they spread rumours and said that rTO is pay-to-win to discourage people from playing in this server.

We were also a target of DDOS attacks, probably from the same faction that wanted to see us dead. With recent emergence of other private servers, this has lessened, perhaps people realise that their servers could be a target, too.

Then there were the early influx of players that wanted power in the server; power to determine how the game plays and how the server is run.   

There were quite a bit of quarrels back in those days, but one thing was clear: players want to be able to share MyShop items among their chars located in different accounts.

You see, in the official servers, MyShop items are non-tradable. MS items could only be shared among chars in the same account. So if you have more than one account, you have to buy more MS items to be worn by the chars in the different account. This translates to having to spend more money in the game.

Now, if rTO were really only after money, wouldn’t we follow the original server’s modus operandi? But rTO decided instead to create a mechanism that allows transfer of MyShop items between accounts, and thus, the Auction House was born!

You can do many things with the Auction House.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

You can use AH to check the items carried by your char in its item inventory

Log in to your account on website -- > click on Auction House -- > Key in your Secure Code -- > Inventory -- > Check your char.

Note:

The Inventory page is the default page for your Auction House, so you don’t actually have to click on “Inventory.”

Example:

unknown.png

The items shown on the pages of your char are items inside its item inventory.

The items stored inside your char’s warehouse are not shown here.

If you were looking for an item and not sure where it is, this is one way you can check (other than actually logging in to each char in game).

Your search is made easier using the Auction House because Search function is available; you just have to remember the name (or part of the name) of the item you are looking for.

Example:

unknown.png

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

You can use AH as a storage facility

unknown.png

This is one function that I find to be the most useful.

Instead of creating many chars in many accounts as storage chars, each filled up with a 10-page warehouse created using Store-More Permit, you can actually create one char where you can store everything.

This is what I do (and what you can do, too):

[1] I created an account that I don’t intend to play but only for storing items.

[2] Inside that account, I created a Level 1 char (I didn’t bother levelling her up at all).

[3] Then I log in to game and get one of my other chars to give this Level 1 char some galders, and later I deposited the galders into the web bank of this account (remember, always put galders in your web bank!)

[4] Now, whenever I need to store some items, especially items that I am not using immediately or frequently, I transfer those items to this storage char using private selling function of the AH (See 9.2.4).

Important to note:

If you made a storage char like this, he/she will become overweight.

One of the greatest feature of AH is it ignores weight on a char. Thus, your char can carry more than 100% WT (in game, you can carry only up to 100%).

Another great feature of the AH is it ignores number of items a char carries. In game, you can only carry a maximum of 300 items; on AH, you can carry more (maybe up to 32767, but I am not sure of this because I have never carried that many).

Look, this is my storage char (yes, she’s a fox, and her name is CarryItems; I know, I’m quite unimaginative...) and look! Till now, she already has 157 pages of items that she carries. 10 items per page; that is about 1570 items already.

unknown.png

Note of caution:

If you do this, you could never log in to this char in game anymore.

If you tried logging in to this char, you will get “Failed to connect to server,” “Disconnected from server,” “Exceptional Error” or the client just stop responding.

Therefore, NEVER put things inside this char’s warehouse in game because you could never log in to her again and therefore, could never open her in-game warehouse.

In-game warehouse = Lovely Angelina

unknown.png

You still can create another char in the same account and NOT overload this other char with items, and you would still be able to log in to this account in game by opening the other char.

My advice: Just don’t play this account. And keep only storage chars inside it.

Make other accounts to play the game.

Finally, if you did this whole “AH as storage facility” thing, you don’t even really need a boatload of Store-More Permits to create warehouse space. Isn’t it great?

:D

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4935 posts

You can use AH to unload your char if you accidentally overload its item inventory

+ ERR_0021

As I mentioned above, you will fail to log in to a char that is overloaded either in terms of weight (100% WT or more) or number of items (carrying 300 items or more).

To be able to log in to that char, first you must take out items from its item inventory.

You use Auction House to do this by logging in to that account on website and make the overloaded char sells its items to your other chars in your other accounts using private selling function See 9.2.4).

Basically, you are transferring items from one char to another using Auction House (private selling). It may be a bit tedious, but it is better than no longer being able to log in to a char you are playing with in game.

Keep doing this transfer until your char in game is no longer overloaded and you can log in to it in game.

Note:

For a char to be overloaded in game, it may take less than 300 items in number because items from Thai server (TH), Japanese server (JP), or Korean server (KR) may be counted as occupying more than 1 slot per item. This is due to coding (which I cannot explain because I am a tech noob and don’t really understand anything codes).

Therefore, it is advisable that you carry less than 300 items in your item inventory, preferably 270 or less.

Still, don’t worry too much because you know you can use AH to unload if you accidentally overload your char.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide, game, login, website