Photo

Guide for new players to Play Trickster Online (rTO)

guide game login website

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief Master

13. Transfer Mileage Points

We have already discussed this under the Membership on Website section above.

unknown.png

When you want to transfer mileage points to another account, you use this function.

Transfer and receipts of mileage points will be recorded in your Mileage Log.

unknown.png

You can see your Mileage Log by opening the Auction House function.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

14. Fixing Cash Fail in game

unknown.png

Sometimes, maybe due to browser issue or some other unknown issues, players may see some garbled gibberish printed on the amount of their MyShop points.

Sometimes they see “CashFail” printed on that space.

unknown.png

If this happened to you, log in to website -- > Manage Account -- > click on CashFail to fix the issue.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

RECOVERING FORGOTTEN ACCOUNT

In order to be able to recover your game account, you must remember the email address you used to register it.

1. You have forgotten your username:

If you have forgotten the username, the steps to recover it are as follows:

Go to website (no login needed) -- > Support -- > Username Recovery -- > Start Recovery -- > key in email used to register the account

If you keyed in wrong email, the recovery will fail (pop-up box says “Recovery error”).

If you keyed in the correct email, the username will be sent to that email.

unknown.png

• YuunaUwU likes this

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

2. You have forgotten your password

If you have forgotten the password, you need to reset it.

Reset = changing it to a new random password.

The steps involved are as follows:

Go to website (no login needed) -- > Support -- > Password Reset -- > Go To Reset -- > Start Reset -- > Key in your username and email

If you keyed in the correct username and email, a new password will be sent to that email.

Along with the new password, your Secret code is also given in this email.

unknown.png

Once you have retrieved that new password from your email, you can change that password to one that you like using the “Change Password” function in Manage Account page on website.

Very important:

You must not forget the email you used to register your game account. This email is the key to recovering your account should you forget your username and password.

Always use email that works, and one that you will not lose access to in the future.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

Before I continue with this guide, I want to say something.

Please understand that when you say you cannot access your email anymore, and want me to give you the information on username/password/secure code/lock code, I cannot give you this information.

1. I don't have the information. Only GM has it.

2. If I asked GM for it, he will come back with the same answer I have always given players: it is your responsibility to regain access to your email.

I know with Gmail, you are asked by Gmail to link your email to another recovery email in case you forgot your email password. Thus, you can always get access to your Gmail email.

If you then throw tantrum at me and say I don't give you support, or you won't play in the server anymore, well, what do you want me to do? Beg you not to leave? Feel bad because we are losing a player? While we don't want to lose players, we also don't want players who take advantage of us. Or players who don't respect our rules.

There are older players who come back and say they have forgotten information about their account; their email, username, etc, please can I give them such info? Now, what this tells me is that you do not consider it important enough to remember those information. You don't think your account is something important enough for you to remember or to keep. Then why don't you just make a new account if you want to play again?

It also does not help you if you come to me for help but with an attitude of entitlement and be quite rude in dealing with me. Do you think I will bend over backward to help you if you are rude to me? Hint: No.

Thank you.

~ aran 

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

DONATE

You do not have to spend money to play this game. There are many good equips that are available in game that you can hunt, such as the legendary unique drops from legendary bosses, and the altiverse equipment from boxes dropped by Chaos Tower bosses.

The server regularly hold events in its monthly maintenance that offer items and consumables from MyShop as rewards. If players do these events, they can make use of such items in tempering, refining, and compounding. Or they can recycle items that are recyclable and get mileage points, which could be used to buy Mileage Boxes on website. Inside these Mileage Boxes are consumables and items that are highly useful to players as well.

Remember that in eTO, such items and consumables are obtainable only by spending money to buy MyShop (MS) points.

Compared to eTO, this server has been generous with players by making MyShop items and consumables available to players via events; players only need to be involved and engaged to get these rewards for themselves.

Nonetheless, if you wished to obtain MyShop points, you can donate either via website or in game.

Donating via Website

unknown.png

Click on “Donate” button -- > Choose method (e.g. PayPal) -- > Select Amount – click on “Buy Coin”

Please give time to allow for processing until you get your MS points.

If you have problem, if you used PayPal, contact PayPal.

If you used other methods, please click HELP to contact Paymentwall (the company in charge of our online transactions).

unknown.png

Donating in game

Press Y to go into MyShop -- > Charge Cash -- > Select payment method -- > Select package -- > Buy

unknown.png

Note: If Script Error box pops up, click “No.”

unknown.png

Donation History Log

Your donation history log is recorded on the donation page on website.

After making a donation, if you have not received your MS, check to see if it were recorded in this log.

If it were not recorded yet, contact Paymentwall by pressing HELP, or contact PayPal if you used PayPal.

If it were already recorded, yet you have not received the MS points, then contact Admin (Aran) and report it by attaching a screenshot of your log and citing the reference number (b….)

unknown.png

Bonus MS

Bonus amount of MS points are offered on an ongoing bases when you donate in a larger amount as follows:

unknown.png

In addition, during special occasions, the server may offer extra bonus MS points, such as 20% or 30% extra.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

Other Special Functions on the Website

The website offers many useful functions that go beyond what were offered by the now-closed official servers. These functions differentiate our private server from the official eTO server and contributes to the improvement of the game on rTO server.

To access these special functions, you can click on either “Auction House” button or “Special Features” button on the website home page.

unknown.png

Remember, to use some of the functions, you must be at least a Member on the website.

WEBSITE BANK

Note: You don’t have to be a web member to use the web bank.

unknown.png

The first thing you need to do is to put some galders in your website bank.

This bank is separate from your in-game bank.

The purpose of putting some galders in your website bank is to enable you to buy and sell using Auction House as well as paying for other web functions such as smelting, etc.

Click on “Bank” -- > Deposit -- > Select char who will deposit galders into your web bank -- > key in amount -- > submit.

You can take out galders from your web bank by clicking on Withdraw -- > Select char that will withdraw the galders -- > key in amount -- > submit.

unknown.png

The advantage of web bank is that it could save more than what you could save inside your in-game bank.

You can do deposit and withdrawal at any time.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

AUCTION HOUSE

unknown.png

This is probably the most defining function that differentiate rTO from the official servers. Playtrickster Online (rTO) is the first private server for Trickster Online, opened after all the official servers closed in 2013.

RTO started its closed beta on July 15th, 2013, and opened officially on August 15th, 2013.

Sentiments at that time were a mix of relief (“At least we still can play this game now!”), cynicism (“Private servers won’t work. This will close down just like the official servers.” “This is a scam! They just want money!”), and horrendous envy (“Give us the game files for free! We want to open our own private servers, too!).

As the first private server, we were a target… of many things. Some people wanted us dead on arrival. So they spread rumours and said that rTO is pay-to-win to discourage people from playing in this server.

We were also a target of DDOS attacks, probably from the same faction that wanted to see us dead. With recent emergence of other private servers, this has lessened, perhaps people realise that their servers could be a target, too.

Then there were the early influx of players that wanted power in the server; power to determine how the game plays and how the server is run.   

There were quite a bit of quarrels back in those days, but one thing was clear: players want to be able to share MyShop items among their chars located in different accounts.

You see, in the official servers, MyShop items are non-tradable. MS items could only be shared among chars in the same account. So if you have more than one account, you have to buy more MS items to be worn by the chars in the different account. This translates to having to spend more money in the game.

Now, if RTO were really only after money, wouldn’t we follow the original server’s modus operandi? But rTO decided instead to create a mechanism that allows transfer of MyShop items between accounts, and thus, the Auction House was born!

unknown.png

I put up this pic of Aran with her guardian (darling legendary iffie called Papabear, named after Aran’s BFF in Fantasia) just to break the monotony of the blocks of words in this guide.  :P 

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

You can do many things with the Auction House.

1. You can check the items carried by your char using Auction House

Log in to your account on website -- > click on Auction House -- > Key in your Secure Code -- > Inventory -- > Check your char.

Note:

The Inventory page is the default page for your Auction House, so you don’t actually have to click on “Inventory.”

Example:

unknown.png

The items shown on the pages of your char are items inside its item inventory.

The items stored inside your char’s warehouse are not shown here.

If you were looking for an item and not sure where it is, this is one way you can check (other than actually logging in to each char in game).

Your search is made easier using the Auction House because Search function is available; you just have to remember the name (or part of the name) of the item you are looking for.

Example:

unknown.png

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

2. You can use Auction House as a storage facility

unknown.png

This is one function that I find to be the most useful.

Instead of creating many chars in many accounts as storage chars, each filled up with a 10-page warehouse created using Store-More Permit, you can actually create one char where you can store everything.

This is what I do (and what you can do, too):

[1] I created an account that I don’t intend to play but only for storing items.

[2] Inside that account, I created a Level 1 char (I didn’t bother levelling her up at all).

[3] Then I log in to game and get one of my other chars to give this Level 1 char some galders, and later I deposited the galders into the web bank of this account (remember, always put galders in your web bank!).

[4] Now, whenever I need to store some items, especially items that I am not using immediately or frequently, I transfer those items to this storage char using private selling function of the AH.

Important to note:

If you made a storage char like this, he/she will become overweight.

One of the greatest feature of AH is it ignores weight on a char. Thus, your char can carry more than 100% WT (in game, you can carry only up to 100%).

Another great feature of the AH is it ignores number of items a char carries. In game, you can only carry a maximum of 300 items; on AH, you can carry more (maybe up to 32767, but I am not sure of this because I have never carried that many).

Look, this is my storage char (yes, she’s a fox, and her name is CarryItems; I know, I’m quite unimaginative...) and look! Till now, she already has 157 pages of items that she carries. 10 items per page; that is about 1570 items already.

unknown.png

Note of caution:

If you do this, you could never log in to this char in game anymore.

If you tried logging in to this char, you will get “Failed to connect to server,” “Disconnected from server” or “Exceptional Error.”

Therefore, NEVER put things inside this char’s warehouse in game because you could never log in to her again and therefore, could never open her in-game warehouse.

In-game warehouse = Lovely Angelina

unknown.png

You still can create another char in the same account and NOT overload this other char with items, and you would still be able to log in to this account in game by opening the other char.

My advice: Just don’t play this account. And keep only storage chars inside it.

Make other accounts to play the game.

Finally, if you did this whole “AH as storage facility” thing, you don’t even really need a boatload of Store-More Permits to create warehouse space. Isn’t it great?  :wub: 

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

3. You can use Auction House to unload your char if you accidentally overload it with weight or number of items in item inventory

As I mentioned above, you will fail to log in to a char that is overloaded either in terms of weight (100% or more) or number of items (300 or more).

To be able to log in to that char, first you must take out items from its item inventory.

You use Auction House to do this by logging in to that account on website and make the overloaded char sells its items to your other chars in your other accounts using private selling function (we’ll discuss Auction House selling/buying later).

Basically, you are transferring items from one char to another using Auction House (private selling). It may be a bit tedious, but it is better than no longer being able to log in to a char you are playing with in game.

Keep doing this transfer until your char in game is no longer overloaded and you can log in to it in game.

Note:

For a char to be overloaded in game, it may take less than 300 items in number because items from Thai server (TH), Japanese server (JP), or Korean server (KR) may be counted as occupying more than 1 slot per item. This is due to coding (which I cannot explain because I am a tech noob and don’t really understand anything codes).

Therefore, it is advisable that you carry less than 300 items in your item inventory, preferably 270 or less.

Still, don’t worry too much because you know you can use AH to unload if you accidentally overload your char.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

4. You can use AH to transfer items from one account to another via buying and selling

Selling

Selling can be either public or private.

Public selling = item can be bought by anyone

Private selling = item can only be bought by someone given access to the private sale link

Important: Stacked versus Unstacked items

[1] In AH, unstacked items are sold on a per individual unit basis.

Examples of unstacked items are equipment, drills, pets, fashion, etc.

unknown.png

Unstacked items = always show unit of 1

[2] Stacked items are sold as a total. Therefore, to sell stacked items, you must put in the exact number of unit of that item that you want to sell inside your item inventory.

Examples of stacked items are consumables such as elixirs, repair powders, GM gift certificates, boxes, boss brooms, quest items, etc.

unknown.png

Stacked items = can be stacked together and show total units in the stack

So, let’s say you have White/Green Elixir and you want to sell it using AH, and you have a total of 100, but you want to sell only 30 in AH.

Therefore login to your char in game, keep only 30 units on your char, and store the rest of it (70 units in this example) in your warehouse or your bank.

When you set price in AH (either in galders or MS points), remember to set it for the total units you are selling.

In the above example, set the total price for the whole amount of 30 units of White/Green Elixir that you want to sell.

Private Selling versus Public Selling

When setting a private sale, always click in this order:

Set Price -- > Click Private -- > Sell type (either Point for MS sale or Galders).

If you didn’t click on Private first before Sell Type, your sale will automatically become public sale.

unknown.png

A player usually does private selling to transfer items from one of his chars to another char in a different account, also belonging to him.

In this case, the price is usually set very low (e.g., 1 galder).

Private selling is also used when buyer and seller already agreed on a sale for a specific amount of price (either galders or MS points).

In this case, the seller set up the private sale and send the private sale link to the buyer.

To check items you have on sale sold in galders, click on Store (Galders).

unknown.png

To check items you have on sale sold in MS Points, click on Store (Point).

unknown.png

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

Buying on private sale / Transfering item from one char to another char in a different account

I have set the sale of my Golden Sword above as a private sale for 1 galder because I simply want to transfer this item to a char I have in another account.

Note: You cannot sell items to chars in the same account.

Under Store (Galders), the private sale link is shown above the image of the item:

unknown.png

[1] Right-click on this link to copy the link address.

[2] Log off from this seller account if you want to use the same browser to log in to your buyer account;

or open New Incognito Window to log in to your buyer account;

or log in to your buyer account using a different browser.

[3] Paste & Go this link on to the URL slot on top of the page of your buyer account, and the item will appear.

[4] Select the char who will buy this item and click “Buy.”

Note:

If you are doing private buying/selling with another player, always check that the item is the right one you want to buy.

Check the number of units, price amount, price type (galder or MS Point), item slot, item refine level.

unknown.png

In the example above:

Number of unit = 1 (because sword is a non-stacked item and is always sold as 1 unit)

Item is not refined yet = there is no number stated in front of the item name; if this item were refined, the refine level will be stated here, e.g., [+13] = refined to level 13 (see example of a refined item below).

unknown.png

The Golden Sword above has 5 slots = [5] at end of its name

Price of item = 1 galder

Note:

When you are setting up for selling, refine level DOES NOT SHOW on the items.

The refine level is only shown on the buying page.

So be careful to check that you are selling the right item if you have many of the same item in your item inventory.

Very important:

Always check item information before clicking on “Buy.’

This is especially important if you are doing private buying/selling with another player, not with yourself.

Items you bought will appear in your buyer char’s item inventory.

If you buy a stacked items from different vendors, or at different times, these items may appears in different stacks inside your item inventory.

How to stack the items: Save the different stacks in your bank in game. They will automatically stack themselves up. Then you can take them out and put into your item inventory as one stack.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

Public Selling & Number of items you can sell

For public selling, there is no link for each item.

The number of items you could put up for sale depends on the type of membership you have.

unknown.png

VIP = 25 items

Super Member = 15 items

Member = 10 items

Free User = 5 items

Note:

The number of items also counts the number of items you still have up on private sale. So if you are a Free User, and you have 2 items on private sale (not taken yet), then you can sell only 3 item in public sale.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

Length of Time Items are up for Sale

For public selling, your items will stay up on sale as follows:

Free User seller = 1 week

Member = 2 weeks

Super Member = 3 weeks

VIP = 4 weeks

After the allotted time, if your item is not bought, your items will revert to private selling and no one can see your items for public sale anymore.

Therefore, please use an active vendor char for your private selling. Do not simply leave them unattended because after their time is over, they will no longer be selling in public.

For private selling, your items will stay there forever, until you take it out.

Amended 2020-03-27 as per changes made in Patch Note 2019-07-05 ~ aran

• haitchu likes this

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

VERY IMPORTANT REMINDER TO PLAYERS:

1. DO NOT DELETE YOUR CHAR THAT IS SELLING ITEMS IN AH.

If you cancelled a sale from a char that has been deleted, your cancelled sale items don’t have anywhere to go back to, and will be lost.

YOU CANNOT GET BACK ITEMS LOST FROM A DELETED CHAR.

2. If you did delete a char that is selling items in AH, make sure you then buy these items using chars from other accounts of yours to avoid from losing the items caused by the deletion of your char.

3. Please be aware that in very rare occasions, items on sale in AH may not show the correct image. This could be due to browser problem or other unknown reasons.

Please believe the name of the item more than the image, because the names will be correct.

4. Always check the item information carefully. Check the price and number of units on sale carefully before making any decision to buy or sell. If you were suspicious about something or don’t feel comfortable about the sale, do not buy or sell the item.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

Public Buying

You buy either items sold in galders or sold in MS Points.

Note:

Make sure you have enough galders in your web bank to buy items in AH for galders.

For Point buying, MS will be taken out out from your account as is.

To check items on public sale for galders, click on Buy (Galders).

unknown.png

You can refine your buying by searching for item by name and also by classification (click on arrow to drop down classifications at the slot showing “All”).

To check items on public sale for MS Points, click on Buy (Point).

unknown.png

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

5. You can sell using AH to get MS points even if you don’t donate

Selling items for MS Points

As shown in the Selling part above, you can get MS points in this game by selling a valuable item for MS.

This represents one way in which you can play this game without spending money but still can get MS points and buy MyShop items.

Selling galders for MS Points

You can also sell your galders for MS Points.

Click on Sell Galders:

unknown.png

I personally have never used this function, but it seems simple enough from the above.

State the amount of galders you want to sell (sell amount) and how much MS Points you want it for (Sell Price).

The maximum amount of galders you can sell depends on your membership status:

unknown.png

Free User = 40 million

Member = 100 million

Super Member = 250 million

VIP = Unlimited

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

6. You can buy galders using AH

If you’re too lazy to get galders for yourself in game, but you are cash-rich (have MS Points), you can buy galders from players selling their galder in AH.

Click on Buy (Galders):

unknown.png

Galders are useful for you to do other things such as refining, compounding, tempering, smelting, etc, either on website and/or in game.

There are fees (stated in galders) for you to do these things, so you do need galders to play this game.

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4794 posts

7. Auction House records your buying/selling transactions

The record of buying and selling are kept in AH Log.

unknown.png

This is why, for buying/selling/transferring of valuable items, even if they could be traded in game, always use AH for such transactions.

This is to keep records of what you have done, with whom you did it, and when you did it.

The AH Log is kept for many years; I still can see my records till way back in 2013, although I am not sure if all 2013 transactions are still in the log. At least all transactions for one year will still be kept for up to a year.

So, for example, now that we are in 2020, you can be reasonably sure that all your 2019 transactions are still inside AH Log.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide, game, login, website