Photo

Hardcore Discussion.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Question: Would players be interested to play on a Hardcore server or channel? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Question: Would players be interested to play on a Hardcore server or channel?

1. Yes. (16 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No. (10 votes [31.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

3. Maybe. (6 votes [18.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Mizzo

Mizzo

Selfie Princess 2016 & Game Moderator

• Moderators
  • 761 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • IGN:[Mod]Mizzo
  • Class:Duelist
  • Level:400

Hello Trickster.

The staff was having a discussion about what if we released a hardcore server.

What I mean by this is the follows:

A dedicated server or channel that is meant to be hard. It would exclude any means of convenience. Players must work hard to be the best. 

This server/channel would have the following:

No Bonus EXP/TM 

No Auction House

No Functions on the website other than bug fixes.

No drill pets

No Myshop equipment other than the eto defaults.

No Myshop Box releases

All tampered skills- all skills reset to default

Reset item rates back to original. Anything we have increased would be reset back.

No JP Compound Items

No Myshop updates

Minimal events

Minimal Gacha releases

Everything would need to be obtained through in-game hard work.

Of course small achievements could be added like low level sprints. We understand it is frustrating to walk everywhere. Unless that should be excluded to!

Tell us your opinions. Would anyone play this? 

We make no promises at this time on going through with this topic. 

Please stay kind in the chat.

Thanks.

-Mizzo

• Neal, HirotoSenpai and Elkie like this

Go Go Harkon Rangers!

Elkie

Elkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:Elkie
  • Class:GIRLS
  • Level:#1

This idea sounds like a lot of fun! I would 100% play a server like this.

GIRLS~#1

Mizzo

Mizzo

Selfie Princess 2016 & Game Moderator

• Moderators
  • 761 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • IGN:[Mod]Mizzo
  • Class:Duelist

Note: If something should be excluded or included tell us why. Tell us what you think would work or not work.

Example: The reason I say "no ah" is because I believe it would be easier to make this as a separate channel if we do it that way rather than a separate server. I could be wrong. 

If we did some myshop items what should be there and what shouldn't?

Go Go Harkon Rangers!

robertroxx

robertroxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

The only way i would play is w/ Fast track.

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • IGN:HangedMan / CloseToYou
  • Class:Gambler / Duke
  • Level:Saiyan

It's great but my biggest concern is about the playerbase being divided and we end up having 2 servers that is remotely empty instead of 1 that is full of players.

Other than that, maybe allow us to purchase myshop equips with galders as well and make everything tradeable in game ? We are all too familiar with how hard it is to purchase myshop from other people in eTO (scammers). It is nice to have galders actually mean something instead of an inferior form currency.

Permanent sprints should be obtained through questing like for example: level 30 kitty sprint is obtained after you finish episode 3. Maybe you can craft higher level sprints too in the black market similar to powerful eqs.

One other thing, if chaos tower were to be implemented as well in this server. Please have the floor bosses be killable with sense and charms classes without having to resort to meleeing with attribute weapons (make fox poison work on them and other debuffs like shield breaker just like how it is in eTO)

That is all from me!

• Mugen, HiiroKen and GordaPerdorda like this
Spoiler

GordaPerdorda

GordaPerdorda

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

It's great but my biggest concern is about the playerbase being divided and we end up having 2 servers that is remotely empty instead of 1 that is full of players.

Other than that, maybe allow us to purchase myshop equips with galders as well and make everything tradeable in game ? We are all too familiar with how hard it is to purchase myshop from other people in eTO (scammers). It is nice to have galders actually mean something instead of an inferior form currency.

Permanent sprints should be obtained through questing like for example: level 30 kitty sprint is obtained after you finish episode 3. Maybe you can craft higher level sprints too in the black market similar to powerful eqs.

One other thing, if chaos tower were to be implemented as well in this server. Please have the floor bosses be killable with sense and charms classes without having to resort to meleeing with attribute weapons (make fox poison work on them and other debuffs like shield breaker just like how it is in eTO)

That is all from me!

yep im 100% agree with this, BUT still want that server, no matter what e.e

About "No myshop boxes" its ok but i would like a way to get those items as fuses.

Oscar

Oscar

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • IGN:mat
  • Class:Enforcer
No. This server already has a small player base and splitting into two isn’t a good idea.
  • Neal, vitortd00, Exile and 1 other like this

YuunaUwU

YuunaUwU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSTL Ladue <3
  • IGN:SakuraaYunaMitsuyoii
  • Class:Witch
  • Level:187
YES PLEASE.

( http://board.playtri...s/?fromsearch=1 , creating a Fantasia Server)

BUT!
If we do have a new server, the presence of GMs must be indispensable! At least for the first weeks. With events and stuff :)
I’d love to have a thread exclusively about a Fantasia Server for suggestions!! *_*
Also about the MyShop gear.. I think there should be 1st job lolboxes. They’re such a huge boost and we can’t rely only on regular MyShop accesories (most of them rechargeables)

Appreciating and Loving all you do Forever and Always,
Yuuna <3

Manu

Manu

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • IGN:Manu
  • Class:Scientist
  • Level:390

It would be an amazing idea.

Contrary to the playerbase being divided, it could actually raise the number of players and bring back those who want to relive a little of the old game. Moreover, if there are new players that do not like the unique experience of the current setting, they will have another choice, and vice versa. For the sake of convenience, it would be great, if possible, for it to be a channel rather than another server. 

Maybe, a cool thing would be cross-server rewards. For example, reaching a certain level on the new server would reward you with something on the current one, or finishing a challenging quest, and the other way around, so players would play on both rather than focus on a single one.

Regarding events, if some defining ones such as Poppuri were to take place once in a while, it would give the players something to look forward to and an incentive to keep playing. The rewards should obviously be less generous and limited.

As for the sprints, I think it would be better if there were no permanent ones. Having a limited time on the sprints would encourage players to make use of it as much as possible. And the level rewards that contain sprints would have a place in economy.

Also, I believe it would be better if the two channels/ servers did not share the myshop points so it could fully develop a different economy from the current server.

AJ6ZbGB.jpg

If you're dead, you're not alive anymore~

GordaPerdorda

GordaPerdorda

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

YES PLEASE.

( http://board.playtri...s/?fromsearch=1 , creating a Fantasia Server)

BUT!
If we do have a new server, the presence of GMs must be indispensable! At least for the first weeks. With events and stuff :)
I’d love to have a thread exclusively about a Fantasia Server for suggestions!! *_*
Also about the MyShop gear.. I think there should be 1st job lolboxes. They’re such a huge boost and we can’t rely only on regular MyShop accesories (most of them rechargeables)

Yuuna <3

Maybe instead of removing myshop boxes there could be events where bosses can drop myshop boxes

WeNeedLeoner

WeNeedLeoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Absolutely without a doubt. To the people saying it will split the server's population I ask: What population?

This server's population has been in a steady decline and nearly dead for the past year at least. I cannot count the amount of times I've logged on in the past 6 months to see a maximum of 3-5 party bulletins all of which were the same people completely AFK with a tinyurl trying to sell things. PvP has been completely empty, megalopolis has nearly no shops. There is no player base to be split up. 

Launching a new server/channel is the best thing that could be done at this point. An attempt to maintain the sad remaining player base in a server that clearly has run its course and ended up in a direction people were unhappy with is just a bad idea.

However, I do agree with Yuuna, there should be some myshop to an extent. 1st job character boxes should definitely be the go-to equipment option, as they're all well-thought out and balanced, all having their own uses. Obtaining them from bossing and events and perhaps some sort of an exchange system to do with boss drops/seals too is a great idea. Having a server with only in-game gears would be extremely lackluster and limiting, and would get old quickly. Sprints should be a given, and I disagree with only timed sprints being available. There shouldn't ever be a question of whether or not someone has a sprint, running without one is absolutely miserable in this game, and as far as PvP goes, not having one is a death sentence. There doesn't need to be a market for lv. 40 sprints.

We need not be afraid of myshop itself, but rather myshop that brings completely unbalanced stats and breaks the characters in the game. There is a very clear line of what does that and what doesn't. The issues present on the server currently regarding power/balance were not even remotely present on eTO. This is due to their well thought out and conservative implementation of myshop. If people want more unique items in the form of fuses, they do not need to have stats on them, they can come exclusively as fuses (yes, I'm looking at you JP items).

• Neal and GordaPerdorda like this

Neal

Neal

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • IGN:HangedMan / CloseToYou
  • Class:Gambler / Duke
  • Level:Saiyan
To be fair there were still quite a lot of players left in the game. I mean it's not much compared to years ago but megalo still have 10-15 shops on average. Though the idea of a server restart might bring some people back but it also might remove some players. It's a gamble at this point.

And I agree with your last paragraph, it's not myshop itself but certain myshop items that makes stuffs completely broken which is mainly when this server introduce JP equips that the power spike starts to get ridiculous. The equips itself is borderline broken but what makes it truly bonkers are JP stones. It does not help anyone but power types and magic class.
Spoiler

YuunaUwU

YuunaUwU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSTL Ladue <3
  • IGN:SakuraaYunaMitsuyoii
  • Class:Witch
  • Level:187

Make this new server nowwww plssss T_T

Yuuna <3

rockdregon

rockdregon

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • IGN:Electrify
  • Class:Soul Master

I'm torn between saying yes or no.

The "no" part of me is because I've already spent a lot of time in the regular server and I'm pretty much geared up to the "end game".

The  "yes" part of me is just screaming because of nostalgia and because in eTO I remember all classes actually being viable and more or less balanced, which we don't have in the current meta.

An interesting idea nonetheless, I might give it a try.

My doubt is: Would we have Myshop items in this server or would it be a server in which we can only adquire items by grinding?

EDIT: one of other concern I have is whether or not this server would cause a thinning of the community in the main server and vice versa...

We already don't have a huge player base so that could cause one of the servers to cease to exist or to it have very little players, which would cause even more players to leave the (emptier) server.

• Neal and HiiroKen like this

Why does hazel nut paste contains hazel nuts but tooth paste doesn't contain tooth?

Fishae

Fishae

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Call me pessimistic, but this isn't WoW classic.

I think being able to trade/sell MS items ingame would really re-vitalise the game.

I dont know how many people browse through 400 pages on the site for something "interesting", but i know plenty click through every shop ingame just to look.