• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

roxy938

roxy938

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Over the last few months, it pains me to see the state of the game being as quiet and dead as it is. Rarely is there more than one page on the party bulletin, if even half of one, and the forum is nearly completely dead with new topics only being created by staff members. Trickster is a game that I and many others hold dear to their hearts, there is no other game like it, but this server needs something new. Myself and some friends have come up with two major server changes that we hope can be a possibility.

Changes to the Current Server

As it stands, this game, as a private server, is more costly to have competent stats (especially in PvP) than the official server. This is by far the biggest factor in people leaving the server (at least from a PvP perspective, as that's the community I'm familiar with). As for the PvE community, it's likely the lack of content. Years pass by and Trickster stays the same. Peoples' stats get higher and the monsters stay the same, making PvE boring too. In an effort to make it not only more play-to-win, but also more interesting, here are some suggestions.

1. Map revamps

So many maps are absolutely useless and abandoned except for the use of hunting cards for mastering skills. Some of them can be reworked to have much stronger monsters in them that drop essential items needed for advancing your character. Some of these regular monsters could be turned into mini-bosses. Furthermore, bosses are far too easy to kill with how high stats get in this game. Increasing the health and damage of them can provide a challenge and a reward, with them having a 100% drop rate of some of these items (with the normal boss equip drop rates).

These obviously mean the original bosses (Tenter Lion, Queen Odinea, Spicy Dragon, Soki, King Tut, Tombeth, etc), not Tart (although even Tart some people can finish instantly). Trials for bosses are also tedious, boring, and a deterrent to people who might want to kill them, I suggest they be removed or significantly shortened.

Chaos Tower bosses should remain the same difficulty, as it's an important part of leveling your character. This would provide not only something else to do for all players interested in bettering their stats, but it would provide a market for these things, adding another element to the economy that is nearly dead now. These items include:

• Patron Marks of Hephaestus
  • Azoto of God
  • Azoto of Luck
  • Akuaregia of Nate
  • JP comp stones
  • Elixirs​

Creating a Fantasia Server

The more favored option we've come up with would be creating a separate server as a fresh start. This server could more or less have the same files, with a different format. The ideas are as follows:

• No pay-to-win elements, strictly play-to-win
  • Custom Fashion (could also be implemented on original server) These would be strictly for Myshop, as one of the forms of income for the server.
  • No high stats (this means no JP stones)
  • No web compounding, strictly in game with in game stones/comp items (Myshop stones possibly dropped from bosses)

Other servers have attempted this but failed due to the lack of ideas, lack of effort, and lack of options for the grind. With a larger community here, I'm hopeful that it would be a different story.

1. Class Balance

This is a whole separate subject, but obviously, if there were to be lower stats, some adjustments to characters would need to be made. An entire separate thread could be made for this should this Fantasia server idea come to be true.

To save this thread from becoming a novel, I'll end it here, just leaving these two general ideas out there. I wouldn't want to waste my time if the staff shows no interest in this anyway. I fear that if the game makes no changes it won't be around for much longer, and I hope to see something done about this in the near future.

• Shelfo, nelly007, Mugen and 6 others like this

CatMan

CatMan

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • IGN:JewJitsu

I think the economy is in DIRE need of stimulation. I think the most people have interacted was during the dice event where elixirs, repairs, etc. were farmable. I think events with prizes like these really help the game become more active. Right now, there needs to be more availability for these items, as currently the only way to get them is to buy them via MS, which is very Pay-To-Win and might be causing people to quit or become inactive. Also, class balancing is a complete joke right now, ESPECIALLY in PvP. High ATTR Power-types are just 1-shotting everything in sight and it's just not fun. No clue how to balance this besides significantly lowering Power-type skills' damage in PvP, but it might be worth a shot to revive PvP a bit. Just my 2 cents. 

• Seulgi, PresidentMacron and roxy938 like this

Jerrrry_zps2d1d86eb.gif

I take requests. :3

nelly007

nelly007

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • IGN:Nelly
  • Class:Champ,Witch,Gladiator
  • Level:all 200+

I hope they do something about it...

Dong

Dong

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
nothing will be done if you were a MOD maybe he could hear you. will continue all the same. There will be no new fashions, recolored teams are the same pet as usual from hovado.
  • Shelfo, Seulgi, PresidentMacron and 1 other like this

roxy938

roxy938

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I think the economy is in DIRE need of stimulation. I think the most people have interacted was during the dice event where elixirs, repairs, etc. were farmable. I think events with prizes like these really help the game become more active. Right now, there needs to be more availability for these items, as currently the only way to get them is to buy them via MS, which is very Pay-To-Win and might be causing people to quit or become inactive. Also, class balancing is a complete joke right now, ESPECIALLY in PvP. High ATTR Power-types are just 1-shotting everything in sight and it's just not fun. No clue how to balance this besides significantly lowering Power-type skills' damage in PvP, but it might be worth a shot to revive PvP a bit. Just my 2 cents. 

This is true, but the problem is it need not be an event exclusive situation. This is a private server for a game that shut down. It should be easier and frankly far cheaper than the official server, and that just isn't the case. So there needs to be a viable option of farming for essential upgrading items, leaving spending money as a means of convenience.

Class balance is a completely new discussion that has been brought up before and shot down by the staff. Power types have been the only issue in PvP for quite some time yet nothing has been done about it. Focusing on bettering the options for farming and account progression should come first, as nobody enters PvP anymore anyway.

• Seulgi and PresidentMacron like this

CatMan

CatMan

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • IGN:JewJitsu

This is true, but the problem is it need not be an event exclusive situation. This is a private server for a game that shut down. It should be easier and frankly far cheaper than the official server, and that just isn't the case. So there needs to be a viable option of farming for essential upgrading items, leaving spending money as a means of convenience.

Absolutely this. The other private servers are MUCH easier to play than this one. The only thing "easier" about this server than the original is the high EXP/TM rate, but even then, other servers have better rates!

Some suggestions:

1. Make driller boy free and PERMANENT. Like it or not, drilling is one of the most essential parts of the game. Again, other servers give out a driller boy for free, making them more attractive to potential newbies.

2. Higher EXP rates. Currently, even with the 300% rate, leveling is MUCH too slow especially at higher levels. This makes the late game very stagnant and stale.

3. Like you said, elixirs, repairs, proteins, etc. need to be permanently farmable. These items are way too important to be gated behind MS.

4. Remove 2 slotted items from boxes. Not sure why these exist, but 3 slots need to be the base. 2 slotted items are essentially useless and are just a waste of MS. Again, this makes it very off-putting for players to buy MS boxes.

5. Class balancing. This is probably not gonna happen, but I'm gonna suggest it anyways. Powers need to be nerfed. Charms/Senses need to be buffed. There's too much disparity between the classes right now.  

Jerrrry_zps2d1d86eb.gif

I take requests. :3

Seulgi

Seulgi

Phantom School Student

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • IGN:Anisa
  • Class:GIRLS
  • Level:#1

They need to turn away from the pay 2 win aspects of the game. They've stated before "oh trickster isn't pay to win XD" But paying to enhance,4-slot and repair your items is extremely pay to win.That's why all the tricksters are shut down now imo, Other games turned away from that years ago and now go fully cosmetics for cash.

They need to do fashion/item recolors and stop (mostly) depending on the player-base to do it for them.

They also need to make Repairs,elixirs,etc farm-able in game as catman said.

It would also be nice to get some new mods since most of the mods now are un-trustable and biased.

• Shelfo, MRari, PresidentMacron and 1 other like this

I'm sorry, if you didn't even put 5 candles on the pentagram there's no summoning.

PresidentMacron

PresidentMacron

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIsrael
  • IGN:Bella
  • Class:אתה חימושניק
  • Level:378

Even though it's impossible to deny the decline of this server I worry that these types of threads only lead to two types of replies, which seems to consist of "If you want it, why dont you do it yourself" and "Then why dont you play server x instead, this server is fine the way it is" 

• Shelfo, Seulgi and roxy938 like this

You've been looking groovy in a sixties movie,

Maybe tell the press you died

roxy938

roxy938

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Even though it's impossible to deny the decline of this server I worry that these types of threads only lead to two types of replies, which seems to consist of "If you want it, why dont you do it yourself" and "Then why dont you play server x instead, this server is fine the way it is" 

This is more of a last-ditch effort. If that's the approach they want to take when confronted about the very obvious issue the game has then there is no hope. Perhaps they have moved on from the game as a whole and no longer care. I just feel that as the first official, most populated, and most time-invested Trickster server, the responsibility for making changes lies in their hands.

5. Class balancing. This is probably not gonna happen, but I'm gonna suggest it anyways. Powers need to be nerfed. Charms/Senses need to be buffed. There's too much disparity between the classes right now.  

I think sense is actually in a good place after that AC buff. Lions are a huge problem when geared in PvP, and fox is even stronger. Charms only feel weak because of how powerful power types are, even with maxed out HV stats you can't have higher HV than powers even when they aren't full AC. Wearing full HP results in being 1 or 2 hit anyway because then they really have no reason at all to wear AC. There is no trade-off for them; they don't lose power to gain accuracy, they remain hitting just as hard due to elemental skills' randomness.

Simply nerfing power types' damage would essentially solve all of the problems in PvP I believe (aside from bubble which WILL have to be nerfed if powers are too), as other classes will instantly become viable again (such as soul master, charms, mages in general). 

These changes that are presented are very possible for the staff to do, it just depends on whether or not they care. They've basically already done all of these things in different forms (edited skills, even created an entire new skill which opens up an amazing path for new development on a dead game).

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1272 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • IGN:RedSonja, BattleCattle
  • Class:fox, buff
  • Level:400

Spoiler

would you be able to do these things yourself if you were a MOD?
or at least help to make it happen?

polar_standby2.gifTartarus_Info_Banner.pngCard_Battle_Logo.png

anti099

anti099

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

There is a reason why things are like this. Most things are hard-coded, meaning you can't (for example) add new custom maps, change some things on the map, especially add new features to the game. That's why we have web expansion, web smelting etc: because they can't add those things in game. This game will always stay the same, we will never get new features unless the game is coded from scratch. They can't add new skills or characters. Updates are always the same basic things because nothing can be changed. Also, this is a 15+ year old game with dull and boring mechanics. You guys need to understand that a point and click game like this will be boring. I know that as a bunny all i do is click on the boss and spam pots and that's all there is to this game. There's no depth and it's easy. It can't be hard because the mechanics are just so unrefined and basic.

Dong

Dong

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Spoiler

I think everyone here asks the same question for you. would you be able to do these things yourself if you were a MOD?
You have been making pet years without receiving any suggestions from anyone. recently colored a fashion.
and only!

Mugen

Mugen

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy
  • IGN:Mugen, Malevolence
  • Class:Queti
  • Level:69
I came from the future and this topic will be ignored by the Gms. Kek
  • hovado, Seulgi and Dong like this

danoam

danoam

Count Blood's Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • IGN:Bizarre

Why after so many futile attempts would you still try to have this server changed to be like that one server I'm sure you know of?

Most of these things have already been achieved, no need to reinvent the wheel. Just accept the fact that it won't change and move on.

"it's really sad to watch people trying to throw around a corpse of a game and revive it." - Lynnie.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • 1272 posts
  • LocationEurope

1. I think everyone here asks the same question for you. would you be able to do these things yourself if you were a MOD?

2. You have been making pet years without receiving any suggestions from anyone. recently colored a fashion.
and only!

1. no, i dont know how (i only know several basic things about NRI files)

2. i said it several times: i have a plan to make many pets and that it would take about 2 years and other suggestions will have to wait (or do it yourself)

do you think i should stop doing what im doing just because someone comes with a suggestion?

lets say i would stop and start to work on Harbinger pet, then someone would suggest another pet and i would stop my work on Harbinger and start another pet, never finishing       anything ...

as for fashion, i made only 1, because it was a test to find out if it will work

roxy938

roxy938

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Replying to you is quite literally a waste of time and you are the epitome of why people say this thread will be ignored. Leave this thread please. For you to think that you taking a 2 year journey to make pets is more important when there are actual game changing suggestions is comical. STOP TELLING THE COMMUNITY TO DO THE JOB OF THE STAFF.

Why after so many futile attempts would you still try to have this server changed to be like that one server I'm sure you know of?

Most of these things have already been achieved, no need to reinvent the wheel. Just accept the fact that it won't change and move on.

"it's really sad to watch people trying to throw around a corpse of a game and revive it." - Lynnie.

"Why are you commenting on this thread again? Your post literally contributed nothing." - roxy938

There is a reason why things are like this. Most things are hard-coded, meaning you can't (for example) add new custom maps, change some things on the map, especially add new features to the game. That's why we have web expansion, web smelting etc: because they can't add those things in game. This game will always stay the same, we will never get new features unless the game is coded from scratch. They can't add new skills or characters. Updates are always the same basic things because nothing can be changed. Also, this is a 15+ year old game with dull and boring mechanics. You guys need to understand that a point and click game like this will be boring. I know that as a bunny all i do is click on the boss and spam pots and that's all there is to this game. There's no depth and it's easy. It can't be hard because the mechanics are just so unrefined and basic.

The problem is they've implemented a new skill (albeit an existed skill added to a new class with custom icon and values), other servers have changed a lot more. It is not as hard-coded as you're making it out to be and a LOT more can be done than is being done. If they were spending their time doing other things than making pets the size of an entire map maybe we would get somewhere. The entertainment isn't about a point and click game; it's the uniqueness of the game and the many aspects of it that can't be found elsewhere. 

• Seulgi and PresidentMacron like this

Seulgi

Seulgi

Phantom School Student

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • IGN:Anisa
  • Class:GIRLS
  • Level:#1

Why does the player-base have to help make stuff for a game they aren't even going to benefit from, Not to mention they charge 15k for your monstrosity's that are just SKINS (the same price as the count blood,etc pets that have stats mind you) ?__?

Am i saying hiroto/mizzo should step up and make a ton of cosmetics for the game? No they've said multiple times they don't get paid.

Am i saying the GM should hire people to make cosmetics for the game? 100% yes, the player-base should not have to the job of the staff. This is one of my favorite games and when i see HATS from last patch getting RECYCLED into the most latest patch it greatly triggers me.

• PresidentMacron and Dong like this

I'm sorry, if you didn't even put 5 candles on the pentagram there's no summoning.

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • 1272 posts
  • LocationEurope

Replying to you is quite literally a waste of time and you are the epitome of why people say this thread will be ignored. Leave this thread please. For you to think that you taking a 2 year journey to make pets is more important when there are actual game changing suggestions is comical. STOP TELLING THE COMMUNITY TO DO THE JOB OF THE STAFF.

:) now i see that you are not here to help, but to cause troubles  :)

• Rikimaru likes this

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4576 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief Master

This is my response to someone who asked about the closure of this thread:

I have just finished reading the thread, and it is closed because of aggressive response given to someone with a different opinion. You cannot have a discussion when you said it is a waste to have a discussion with someone who offers his opinion. Hostility makes your substance lost, your approach unpalatable. Towards the end, this thread would likely degenerate into "this server versus that server" and this is something we do not want. We are not enemies with other servers however much other servers send their snipers to shoot at us, snipers that may disguise themselves as players in our server. I understand your desire to try to make a server that caters to your needs, but please understand that we do not have the technical and economic power nor time resources to make it happen. Also, FYI, hovado did not close this thread. He does not have such power to do so. My mod closed it based on my approval.

• Mizzo and HiiroKen like this