• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

marke34707

marke34707

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hiya guys! Back after my extremely long hiatus, decided to finally try making my 1v1 character that is going to be focusing on bossing, for this character, I don't care about AOE.  If I wanted ginormous amounts of AOE to melt down packs of enemies in seconds, level extremely quickly, and be the queen of PVM, I would just make a pure MA wind/earth soulmaster, and laugh at the ridiculous amount of options she has for AOE even compared to buffalo.  I heard there are two candidates for extremely high 1v1 damage, the champion, and the primadonna, both going pure AP.  Can you guys tell me the difference between the two pure type classes when it comes to playstyle/bossing, and which one of the two deals higher damage, or do they both just deal so much damage that it does not matter? I'm guessing it's the second one, but I just want to make sure, thanks for the help in advance!

vennybot

vennybot

#1 Charm PVP Event 2018

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • IGN:Mew
  • Class:#2 Power's husband
  • Level:GudnNuf

Prima has a better overall balance, imo. You can make the equips mainly attri+AP and have a few outliers for balance reasons. I end up with a really nice 80k-ish DP most of the time with a pure DP pet and my skills, and pretty rounded out AP. 

I'm sure you can do more damage with the flame punch skill that champs have, assuming you have the fire attribute only, but I have wind+fire attribute on my prima and mainly only do regular hits. 

I honestly haven't played a champ so I can't tell you whether they're better or not, but I enjoy my playstyle of prima with an AP+attri build. Hope this helps a bit.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, flame fist has an MA-specific formula, so you'd have to compound for that instead of AP.

• Seulgi likes this

Check out my guardian guide. My friend Z made this profile picture! Check her services out here!

2r63ce0.jpg

marke34707

marke34707

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Alright, so from what I gathered from your post so far, I assume champs are the more glass cannony option, purely focusing on dealing as much single target DPS for bosses as possible, most likely dealing more single target DPS for bossing than prima, though that's just an assumption at this point, but not as much defensive stats/bulk from stats including DP due to the lack of defensive buffs that charm types traditionally gain access to compared to prima, even with evolution reducing prima's defensive stats.  Champs just spam tons of single target DPS skills off cooldown, and stack as much AP/fire attribute as possible, for primadonna, you mostly stay in evolution, and do tons of normal hits, taking tons of attribute, and AP, feeling like a somewhat more tanky bossing class.  Right now, I just want to focus on only DPS, and nothing else, so I guess, it sounds more like champ would be my class than prima unless I'm wrong with what I said.  Thanks a bunch!

• Jonathantang likes this

Jonathantang

Jonathantang

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • IGN:Nihon
  • Class:Cute
  • Level:400

I would like to remind you that Flaming Fist with Attr% will require a balance of AP/MA/Attr% to make flaming fist deal high single damage! Coupled that with LK for sure-hits against the likes of CT bosses as well as koiosu and TK. Soooooo it might be a little more than just pure AP to make a FF champion strong, but i think its really fun as you can experiment with the different amount of attr%/MA/AP to get the highest damage!