Photo

2nd Job skill: Magician's Hellfire any good?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

sigma88

sigma88

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • IGN:Meracle88
  • Class:Champion
  • Level:197/283

Is this a good skill? i can understand the damage on it can be high when combined with wicked flame, however like its description says it tends to miss a lot. I only have 1 point into this and I need a 3rd damaging skill to keep the casting cooldown rotation going (mana arrows, dark lance, any 3rd skill). 

Even when I'm targeting enemies at the beach it still misses, which brings me to the point where this skill may actually be kinda useless when I can spend this time casting other skills that can actually hit. I'm having doubts investing into this skill as I need my points somewhere else in the early game. 

What I wanna know is if this skill will have its accuracy increased as I level it up. Otherwise I may skip it. It's not a pre-requisite for any other skill so I'm not missing out on much.

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1253 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • IGN:RedSonja, BattleCattle
  • Class:fox, buff
  • Level:400

level 1: 60 %

level 2: 62 %

level Master: 84 %

polar_standby2.gifTartarus_Info_Banner.pngCard_Battle_Logo.png

HirotoSenpai

HirotoSenpai

General Moderator

• Moderators
  • 794 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • IGN:HirotoSenpai
  • Class:Buffalo
  • Level:400

Magic skills are based by LK. If you get a good LK you won't miss it so easy. You're going to see the difference in the future. A high lv dark lord needs something around 800 - 1k LK and the skill won't miss. But yeah, you can skip it for now and get it later but if you intend to do PQs it's a good skill that gonna help u a lot

oiau13.png

Spoiler

sigma88

sigma88

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • IGN:Meracle88
  • Class:Champion
  • Level:197/283

Ok, at least the accuracy does increase with level. It does look a lot better when mastered.

I have another question but with wicked flame. Let's say it's mastered. Here's the data:

Level Burn effect :Master

(% of Hellfire) :  46% 

Duration: 27 seconds

Now let's say the hellfire did a flat 10k damage. Does the 46% (4600 damage) build over time over the course of 27 seconds? Is the DOT per tick? If so, how often? Every second, 2 seconds, etc.? Or is it something entirely different?