• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

GrandTickler

GrandTickler

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

anyone else here using reshade for trickster? its an overlay that allows you to add various cool graphical effects, it works on most games. for trickster you'll need the d3d8to9 file from https://reshade.me/ for it to work, in addition to the main program. just follow the installation instructions, direct it to trickster.exe and say yes when asked to download some preset effects. Select all effects to get started. ingame u should get some text at the top if all worked correctly, now u can press the Home key to open the reshade menu and go trough its tutorial windows. after pressing next, or accept a few times you should have a menu that looks like this:

DIhdp5j.jpg

All these effects can be toggled on or off instantly while you are playing, personally i only use a few but its fun to mess around with them^^

these are the settings i use right now, im not entirely sure how to import them but u can compare settings in the game. its mostly default i think:

[Clarity.fx]
ClarityRadius=3
ClarityBlendMode=2
ClarityDarkIntensity=0.400000
ClarityOffset=2.000000
ClarityBlendIfDark=50
ClarityBlendIfLight=205
ClarityStrength=0.400000
ClarityViewMask=0
ClarityViewBlendIfMask=0
ClarityLightIntensity=0.000000

[AdaptiveSharpen.fx]
D_compr_low=0.250000
L_compr_low=0.167000
curve_height=1.030000
curveslope=0.500000
D_overshoot=0.009000
L_overshoot=0.003000
D_compr_high=0.500000
scale_cs=0.056000
L_compr_high=0.334000
scale_lim=0.100000
pm_p=0.700000

[Colourfulness.fx]
lim_luma=0.700000
colourfulness=0.094000
enable_dither=0
col_noise=1
backbuffer_bits=8.000000

before top, after bottom. clarity and sharpening makes ground detail stand out much better:

7Une8J4.jpg

if you zoom in on those tiles you can see an even bigger difference in detail!

6DPcJmO.jpg

• sandwich likes this

GrandTickler

GrandTickler

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

after a few days of playing i decided to change the settings i was using initially. then i decided to just rewrite the entire first post here because it may have been a little confusing for those who dont even know what reshade is. i hope this edit is more helpful :P

edit: also if you're planning to visit snowhill and dont want to be blinded by its bright white, look for the LiftGammaGain option. you can tweak the brightness to your liking with these buttons. then simply toggle it on or off on the fly whenever you like. no more messing with monitor brightness :P

mEqd0E2.jpg