• LocationMissouri
  • IGN:[Mod]Mizzo
  • Class:Duelist
  • Level:400

2agvrc6.jpg

PlayTrickster 2019 Events: Writing

Start Date: March 15th 2019

End Date: June 15th 2019

This month we are opening 3 events simultaneously. You have the opportunity to participate in each event or just one. It's up to you!

Event Goals: The PlayTrickster community will have the opportunity to share their creativity by writing stories. This is exactly like our storytelling event.

Previous Writing Event:

http://board.playtri...ing-event-2018/

Rules:

1. This Event is opened to all players in our server. Moderators can also enter this event. GM, Coder, Mizzo, and Admin are disqualified from entering this event.

2. Players are to submit their entries to this forum thread. Submissions to any other place are not accepted.

3. One forum account can submit multiple entries under the same post with a single IGN. For this event you can only have one entry, but you may post as many stories as you may like.

Entry Example:

IGN: [Mod]Mizzo (Mandatory)

Entry Title: (Insert Story Title)

4.  In this event we will give a list of what a player can write about:

• Trickster: Can be a fond memory. How you found trickster. Can be about your friends in game. What you like about trickster. Your favorite character. What your favorite thing is to do.

• Where you are from: You can describe where you are from. A happy or sad story from real life. You can tell us about you.

• Share a holiday story or tradition.

• A fun happy memory.

• About your pet.

• A fantasy or fanfic is welcome. It doesn't have to be real.

• A scary story.

5. Your entry must be in English. If you are not English you may use Google translate.

6. Do not use existing writings. You may use examples as guidelines but you may not plagiarize. If you can find it we can find it. Any cheating shouldn't be necessary. Only staff gets to call what is cheating. If you suspect someone is cheating, privately message a staff member.

7. Keep any writing rated PG. Please do not use foul language or any sexual, obscene, or offensive content.

8. Please show a level of care: We ask for the Minimum of 5 sentences any lower will be disqualified. If we suspect a member of not placing forth effort their entry will be disqualified. You may write as long as you want.

9. If you want to tell someone you like their story you may do so but please keep their quote in a spoiler.

10. If any drama arises from this event we have the right to cancel or postpone the event. Please stay respectful.

11. We may reject any entry that is deemed inappropriate. Entries that are just links or entries whose images cannot be seen will also be rejected.

12. Please be on the lookout for Mizzo’s like. If you receive a like from Mizzo it means you qualify. If you do not receive a like there should be a comment asking for a change in your entry.

We ask the community to stay kind to all participants. Not everyone is an english speaker.

If you have mistakes that's okay we do not mind!

Rewards: Rewards for all the events in progress will be similar. You may win in multiple events.

Community Choice Awards: These winners are based on the community's top 5 most liked.

1. 25,000 Myshop Points

2. 20,000 Myshop Points

3. 15,000 Myshop Points

4. 10,000 Myshop Points

5. 5,000 Myshop Points

Gm Choice Awards: Selected by the Gm

1. 25,000 Myshop Points

2. 20,000 Myshop Points

3. 15,000 Myshop Points

4. 10,000 Myshop Points

5. 5,000 Myshop Points

Grand Prize Winner

For each Event we will select 1 Grand Prize winner. A player cannot be the winner of multiple Grand Prizes.

This winner will receive a special prize. Pet slot expansion.

One pet of their choice in there possession(inventory) can be elevated by 1 compound slot by our Gm During the next Maintenance. The winner must have the pet of choice in there inventory. With a 4th slot limit.

1 slot ->2 slot, 2 -> 3, 3 -> 4

Note: There can be no grand prize even if there isn't a level of effort. If none of the entry in any category is deemed worthy, we deserve to declare there is NO Grand Prize winner for that category.

Consolation Prize:

2019 Mystery Item Box- X2

What will be in the Box? It's a secret to everyone~

This Box’s contents will be a complete mystery. Participate and find out its contents!

This box will be Mailed to your Character in game. The more events you participate in the more boxes you obtain!

Due to the extensive amount of time we are giving the community we understand some who participate may be on leave when the rewards are released. We will give 30 days for the rewards to be claimed from the time the rewards are released. When the 30 days are up the rewards will be terminated.

Have fun Tricksters!

-PlayTrickster Staff

• TricksterLover and hovado like this
Posted Image Go Go Harkon Rangers!

Mizzo

Mizzo

Selfie Princess 2016 & Game Moderator

• Moderators
  • 624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Q/A

Mizzo

Mizzo

Selfie Princess 2016 & Game Moderator

• Moderators
  • 624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Q/A

Manu

Manu

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • IGN:Manu
  • Class:Scientist
  • Level:380

IGN:Dangohime

Expedition in Soki's Hamlet

The year was 2005 and during one expedition whose purpose was to uncover artifacts from an ancient village covered in ash, myself(a buffalo), 4 other mercenaries(2 dragons, a lion, and a raccoon), and an explorer(a fox) have discovered the reason of the volcanic eruption which had wiped out the village thousands of years ago. Since then no one dared venture inside due to the dangerous gases which could knock someone out just with their smell alone, and the fields of ash that would eventually suffocate the unfortunate adventurers.

Previously thought to have been a natural phenomenon, it was proven otherwise by a perfectly untouched-by-age Stone Dwarf statue that stood out from among the rubble deep inside the village. It looked like an old man after a long day, barely holding onto a staff as if not to lose balance and looking down like it was deeply fatigued. The explorer's eyes shone with greed as she was trying to assert the value of such a thing. Upon approaching it, the entire village shook violently and the roaring of a volcano could be heard in the distance. If that had not startled the explorer, the two now glowing eyes of the Dwarf which were staring back at her, eyes which radiated such a deep red and orange as if lava would flow out of them at any moment, surely did.

We mercenaries placed our hands on our swords' sheaths and staves, ready to use them at any time should it be necessary as the explorer backed away towards us with shy steps, putting on a glove and drawing needles like a ninja. When we regrouped, something strange happened, the giggling of little children had surrounded us. We formed a circle to be able to look in all directions, to which the Dwarf responded with arrogant and loud steps towards us, looking down on us even though it was the smallest one.

Every time it took a step, the volcanoes roared in response, shaking the earth, and to make matters worse, the culprits of the giggles had shown themselves from behind structures corroded by time and painted by ash. They were little stone girls that had the exact same eyes the Dwarf did, but while the Dwarf had a poker face, they had a creepy smile that distorted the stone where a mouth should have been. I was already holding on to my long sword and square roman-like shield leaning forward from the weight, but as if they were not intimidated, they danced in a manner that eventually started closing in on us. The raccoon had cast a blessing upon everyone which raised our defence and the two dragons had already finished preparations for the casting, while the lion was looking down the gun's crosshair without a certain target. The explorer was in the middle of the circle looking for possible weak points and a way to escape. As they were dancing around the circle we've made, the two dragons released a huge storm that caught them. Although they were too heavy to be lifted, the air was so sharp that it was like blades were striking them without end and soon cracks formed on the stones. As intimidating as the Dwarf was, it was just as slow. By now it has not even reached halfway towards us. 

We looked at each other and we understood what we had to do. The weakened little girls took nothing more than a few more hits to be completely destroyed, but they also landed a few hits. Although they were slow, a single punch left a huge dent in my shield and pushed me meters away, but the raccoon was able to stand his ground due to his high defence and endurance. The magicians had no problems attacking multiple of them from a distance, but most importantly the lion had finally found its target. If the little girls were this powerful, how powerful was the old Dwarf? everyone wondered. The lion tested it by sending a bullet right in the middle of his eyes. It didn't even leave a mark. It was completely reflected.

Now with our original target in front of us, the raccoon decided to test its strenght with a small trick of his. He closed in warily and as soon as the Dwarf struck with its staff like a baseball player strikes with a bat, he deflected it by holding the shield with both hands and crouching, angling the shield in a way that made the staff slip on it. The explorer excitedly remarked after watching the attack closely : "It has joints! Attack the joints!" and launched a needle in between its elbow and forearm. The raccoon jumped back after the attack and was healed by the two dragons, the lion took aim and shot at the same spot the fox threw the needle at, making it crack a little. The Dwarf still hadn't taken back its original position and I rushed with my dented shield and sword resting on it towards the statue, staring it in its eyes, prepared to pull back at even the slightest movement and with a powerful leap I put all my weight into my sword and released it from behind me in an attempt to damage the stone. Surprisingly, after my slash a very loud noise was heard, followed by an earthquake. The arm with the staff in its hand had reached the ground.

The statue was now unarmed, but we made no mistake. After my strike I retreated aware of its other fist.

The statue didn't react at all to the loss of its arm and instead took the loudest step yet towards us picking up the staff with its other hand, making me lose my footing in the process. The fox yelled another command : "Go around! Let's strike the neck!"

Now that it had lost some of its life, it started casting, and with a loud THUMP it slammed its staff into the ground and cracks started forming on the ground with a pattern akin to lightning. Due to the immense pressure rocks were flung from in between the cracks that were opening and closing. Shooting out like bullets, a few were even furtherly denting my shield while some were passing through altogether. As soon as the earthquake stopped we charged before it did anything else. Luckily it took it a lot of time for an action and surprisingly the fox was the first to strike it. Her fist started glowing all of a sudden, and during the draw the fist and launch the punch, the intensity of the glow increased. It seemed to cause no damage but for the first time the statue frowned but it couldn't move quick enough to hide its weakness. The raccoon was moving around prepared to take the strike with a scratched shield instead of his companions should they get careless, and the dragons and lion were mercilessly attacking from afar. I struck my sword only for a loud TING to be heard and get flung back, but the neck was showing a tiny crack.

The lion with its keen eyes did not miss the opportunity and stuck a bullet in there. The statue afterwards covered its neck with its only hand and jumped, thing which really startled us. It sent all of us into the air and we received huge damage upon landing. But this seemed to have damaged the statue as well. How heavy must it be to crumble under its own weight?

After taking potions and being healed by the magicians we recovered faster than the Dwarf and changed our objective. Removing its other hand. The explorer was the first to act, impulsed by her own greed to get that staff all for herself. She threw needle after needle at its arm, helped by the raccoon which now was wielding a rapier to wedge in between the stones. The raccoon pushed the rapier with both hands after discarding the shield and left it wedged into its arm, at which point the lion did something amazing. With pinpoint accuracy, he shot the handle of the rapier, completely separating its arm. I was prepared to strike as soon as it fell. The fox was the first to notice the separation out of all of us and charged towards the staff, even though the monster was not dead yet. I noticed her quicker than I noticed the arm and jumped in preparation out of trust for my companions. As soon as the arm feel, my long sword was already at its neck, but the explorer was laying on the ground holding onto the staff for dear life like someone was going to snatch it away from her. My sword once again was repelled by the hard stone but the tiny crack was now a small crack. The magicians launched arrows at the weak point without stop. The Dwarf was now completely defenceless and unarmed. They finished him off with the help of the lion and now instead of its head simply detaching from the body, It's eyes, like a volcano meeting water, went blank and it completely crumbled into dust, in turn making the village shake violently and returning it to its former glory. The ash covering everything was slowly riding the wind now.

The statue's dust slowly slipped off a shiny round object that remained behind. Upon closer inspection it was an egg with a deep crimson colour. It was emanating sounds like molten lava and there was a small chick with tiny wings that could be seen through the transparent shell . The staff had an inscription on it stating "Soki's Staff" and was radiating with magic. While the dragons were discussing a way to make the explorer part with the staff and share it in between themselves, the fox recalled a story she had heard during her early days as an explorer : "I heard there is a hermit born and raised deep inside a volcano by its heat. It is said that those qualified to reach his place and prove that dragons, a now extinct species that used to rule the volcanoes and who were thought to be deities, are still alive, will be granted access to a trial of fire which yields unimaginable rewards upon completion. Perhaps this is a dragon egg."

The fox was pained by the thought of departing with such a valuable artifact due to her inner explorer, but she thought about the big picture. What if she finds something better? She has 5 mercenaries following her and thought she could beat the hermit and get the egg back if that trial turns out to be nothing special.

She exclaimed loud enough for everyone in thought to come back to their senses : "A new challenge lays ahead of us!"          

• Keyos, Mizzo, Manu and 1 other like this

Adrazelle

Adrazelle

#2 Sense PVP Event 2018

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPh | Illinois
  • IGN:Adrazelle

IGN: Adrazelle

Entry Title: A Helping Hand, a Nurse

This is just a short story of my life. Some might not know but I'm a nurse in a hospital in the Philippines. You might think that I had a huge salary because I'm in a medical field, but no. Nurses in the Philippines are underrated and unappreciated by the government. We had few to no benefits, minimum wage salaries and are overworked due to a lot of nurses preferred to go abroad than to stay and served the country.

To start, My life has been a Hospital-Home-Sleep life. Sometimes I could only eat once a day due to busy schedule. And if I have time, I play Trickster just to talk to people who I met online, cause sometimes the people we haven't met yet are more real and had sincere friendship than those you meet from day to day basis. On day offs, I preferred to sleep or play games online may it be on PC or mobile. But even though my life is difficult, I still manage to smile in front of my patients. I just brushed it all off when I start my day as a nurse, forget about the negativity and just stay positive. Stay positive and all your patients will get better in no time. I talk to my patients and to their significant others. I learned a lot from them that I did not learned in school. I get attached to them easily and treat them as a family with respect. By understanding and patience, there will be no toxicity in work and in life. They get admitted in the hospital under my care because they need help, they need someone to take care of them while their family members are busy working and earning money to pay for daily expenses and hospital bills. I learned to pray to God not only for myself but for them as well. I have a family, not by blood, but because for my compassion for my work.

But...

Even though I'm a Filipino Nurse with a low salary, exhausting nurse to patient ratio, toxic/terror doctors (some had really scary faces when they're angry huhu), I don't mind. Just by seeing my patients leave the hospital (because they're better) and say "Thank you" and how happy they were because I was their nurse/their family member's nurse, all my hard work taking care of them from admission to discharge are paid off. They still recognize me even if they meet me in public places. This is how you leave a mark in their hearts. This is how you take care of people you cared for.

THIS IS MY LIFE.

THIS IS HOW YOU LOVE YOUR WORK AND YOUR PEOPLE.

THIS IS ME, A PROUD NURSE, YOUR HELPING HAND.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. Hope you learned a lot and knew me a little by now hehe.

Please don't forget to like my post. Salamat!

• Mizzo and Jonathantang like this

2d2cdnk.jpg

♥ Adrazelle ♥ Adobo ♥ Acceptance ♥ Legacy ♥ CoffeeJelly ♥ Draxxi ♥

nelly007

nelly007

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • IGN:Nelly
  • Class:Champ,Witch,Gladiator
  • Level:all 200+

MY LIFE AS CLEFT LIP & PALATE KID (before and now).

Hello, my name is Nelly and I was born with a cleft lip and palate with an underbite.

If you don't know whats that check online please before reading this story. 

My life was hard growing up, I had 3 surgeries while I was a baby. Two of them was to close the gaps in my mouth and on my lips and the third one was to fix my breathing through my nose.

When I started with elementary school the constant bullying started.
I was being called a fish (because of my mouth),  rhino (because of my nose), a retard and much more cruel names. That bullying at first made me sad, I was deeply affected emotionally, and my mom had trouble with me going to school because of it.

And to make it even worse, my teachers didn't really care about it. They were more concentrated on better pupils with richer parents.

But later when I went to high school I became proud of who I am and I accepted all my scars with braveness, they surely made me a better person than those rude schoolmates!

As I grew older I had 4 more surgeries. The last one happened exactly 1 month and 4 days ago.

It was an upper jaw surgery to help fix my underbite.

It was a life changer for me. Nobody stares at me anymore, children don't make funnny faces at me on the bus anymore and I look absolutely different from the profile. I'm so happy, to be finally able to communicate, smile and laugh without hiding my mouth with my hand, I can take selfies without worrying to be ashamed of my face! 

Even my breathing is so much better now. I am so proud of myself, because I went through alot and kept my head up, didn't surrend myself to nasty people around me.

A special thanks goes to my parents and friends,  they supported me through all my medical journeys and without them I would be very much lost. 

Let this story be a reminder to everyone who is struggling with a similar problem. Don't kneel infront of rude and negative people. You'll make it! Be proud, be strong and be

yourself!

IGN> ShadowSensei

• TricksterLover, hovado and Mizzo like this

sigma88

sigma88

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • IGN:Meracle88
  • Class:Boxer
  • Level:165/240

How I found Trickster Online

Growing up I've always loved RPGs. This dates back to the NES era, somewhat over 27 years for me, where some of my favorite games were RPGs. They include 'Zelda 2', 'Guardian Legend', and 'Crystalis'. However it's sad to say that I never finished any of them because they were so "Nintendo Hard" and well... I was just a kid back then, I wasn't very good at video games. Moving onto the SNES era, this was where I found 'Secret of Mana' and is and will be one of my favorite games on the SNES. I do love other RPGs too like the Final Fantasy series, and well... just about anything from SquareSoft back then. Playstation One remains to be my all time favorite console and I've played the hell out of many of the RPGs there, and to name a few: 'Vagrant Story', 'Brave Fencer: Musashi', and 'Legend of Mana'.

If you haven't noticed, what do all these games have in common? Well for the most part they all involve action... and yes they're all Action RPGs. 

Heck I actually skipped a console... but it isn't a console, it's on PC. Who can forget Diablo 1 and 2? God... the countless amount of hours I've spend on these...  you don't even know.

Back in 2001 to 2002, I swear I remember it being those years, my brother mentioned a particular PC RPG that you can play online. That is none other than the (infamous) 'Ragnarok Online'. It was so hyped back then, it remains to be one of the most memorable Online Rpgs I've played. Amazing music, cool gameplay, massively multiplayer, cute graphics, it was just an awesome game. The problem was...   I never had a computer powerful enough to play it but eventually I did get to play it when my brother was heading off to college. My parents bought him a new computer powerful enough to do most things he can do in college... and play ragnarok online (lol xD). But when he headed off the college the only way I could play was to introduce this game to my friends and hopefully play it at their house LUL.  I did manage to play many many hours of this game, leveling up, collecting items, chatting with players, etc... until I ran into problems... MANY problems.

1: the lag. It was terrible to the point of unplayable. My character just stands there doing nothing while it may appear to be attacking an enemy. Once the lag subsided i would see some hilarious accelerated action where enemies would die instantly, characters would run past the screen instantly, and damage numbers would flash the screen 10 times per second, followed by very loud amplified sounds because of the many hits/damages on the screen. Spooks the crap out of me every time this happens. You know what also doesn't help? 56k modem. LOL.

2: Server problems. If you get logged out you would have to wait minutes and sometimes even hours to log back in. 

3. Botters. They have no regard for you, they steal kill and have some pick up hack where they can pick up any item regardless of who killed it. Seriously unfair.

4. Server wipes and mini wipes/Huge maintenance. I guess I was playing a "beta version" of the game. One time the server went down for maintenance for a week and when it came back the devs told us that they deleted all our items from our bank/storage and inventory BUT we got to keep whatever we were WEARING before the server went down. But mechanics changed, there were some items that some classes no longer could equip so basically I had a half naked character. As time went on and my access to the game was even more limited, the server was wiped to make room for the "Official Ragnarok Online Server" where you had to PAY2PLAY. That idea didn't excite me, I never actually paid to play and so I kinda forgot about the game. I did stay in contact with a few friends I made over the course of playing the game. They actually paid to play but to my unfortunate news they ended up botting.

5. Difficulty: For a brief while before it went pay2play, but it was after a mini server wipe, the game got more difficult. The game had new enemies, drop tables, mechanics, maps, enemy location and stats changed, etc. so much that it was harder to level or get anywhere in the game if you also take account into the massive amount of lag in the game too.

So eventually Ragnarok Online kinda faded for me. I was searching for a new game to play but nothing came up as I was still stuck with a crappy computer. About 3 years later my brother got a new computer and gave me his old one. Ragnarok online was probably one of the first things I wanted to try out again after hearing there were "private servers" to play on... but it just wasn't as fun anymore. The same things were present: Lag, server wipes, botters, etc. 

And THEN something happened. I don't remember how but maybe it was from one of the MMORPG sites that lists a bunch of games that are available for us to play, I found 'Trickster Online'. At first I thought... man this is too cutesy for me, looked weird, but eh.. I'll try it out. 

It was everything Ragnarok Online did but like 20 times better. It didn't lag (or maybe it did but none of which was memorable or as bad as RO), better looking characters (the ones in RO looked like they were so sad looking), hilarious animations, and actually GOOD drops. I had to introduce this game to my friend and managed to get him to play with me. Please note that this was back then in around the year 2006-2007 and I was starting college. 

Trickster Online back then was a bit different than the Trickster Online that we are currently playing. I may have posted this on another topic but I guess I'll say it again. The game had items like pets you can buy and upgrade as you level up. Drilling was weird, it was very optional and didn't reward all that much. The drill tables were different but I never got a single rare item from any of the maps in the game. The power class was kinda crappy but the charm class was probably the best (probably...). The only evidence I have is my friend who managed to level up much farther than me and much easier than... a power class. Enemies and their locations were different. I was level 60 fighting salamanders at the volcanoes. Map layouts were much different. Bosses spawned in more than 1 and so you had to share it with players who are also fighting them. Oh it was a different time...

Eventually college work had to take priority and so I played Trickster less and less until... like RO i forgot about it. My friend however continued to play but I don't exactly know how far he got. I remember he got to some snow hill area but that's all.

Fast forward to these past few months, I don't know what got to me but out of the blue I decided to download Trickster Online. Maybe it was because I was re-playing Diablo 2 ladder at that time and ladder had ended so I kinda wanted to play something else. Wow this brings back memories and many things changed from what I had remembered it to be. Newer npcs, MANY MANY MANY new quests to help with leveling (it wasn't just hunting quests like back then), and definitely many new items introduced. From the website I guessing this is what they call "Season 2". I started around Christmas time and chose the class that I'm most familiar with, the Bunny. Right now I'm enjoying the game more than I have before and have even spent some money to support the game. I usually don't spend money but this is the kind the game(s) that I enjoy playing and so that's why I support it.

Yeah and so.. that's my story. Wall of text, thanks for reading, I hope you haven't fallen asleep. I definitely left out a lot of information that kind of want to share but to me this isn't the topic for it as it has to do with the mechanics with the game and what happened to it in between the years. I have always wanted to share my experience with the game ever since I redownloaded around christmas time. But the problem was I couldn't get anyone to confirm my email here at the forums LOL. And now I'm glad to talk about it.

In between the years I have played some other MMOs but they sort of faded away. I never played WoW or any of the other really huge player based games, but I played Neverwinter. Over the course of gaming it just got too time consuming to keep up with gearing and so I had to stop. And also something happened with a few items where while I didn't lose them they de-valued, GREATLY, causing me to lose a lot of money. Fearing that this could happen with future items I had to stop as this wasn't something I liked happening.

Trickster Online is different. Whether it is a good thing or bad thing, there are no updates to keep it competitive in-game. This is something I like as opposed to something like WoW where you're expected to be in a huge party doing raids and you must upgrade your equipment every week to be any good or get invited to future raids. I wasn't into that kind of thing so I didn't really play those games.

IGN- Meracle88

• Mizzo likes this

TricksterLover

TricksterLover

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Locationgermany
  • IGN:JillValentine,Reena,Ryuuji
  • Class:Fox,Sheep,Dragon,Cat
  • Level:26x-32x

Reserved

339izaa.jpg            xmmq9y.jpg        2znxqu1.jpg

HirotoSenpai

HirotoSenpai

General Moderator

• Moderators
  • 749 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • IGN:[Mod]Hiroto
  • Class:Buffalo

Reserved ~

oiau13.png

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PlayTrickster 2019 Events, Writing