Suggestion: Gunner class improvement
First of all, I don’t intend to suggest overpowering Lions but to find a way to make them more viable for end game content like Tartarus.
In this post I would like to address following points and make suggestions regarding the Lion class:
1) Skill Change Suggestion (Remove failing chance and/or lower cooldown time)
Skill Name: Berserk (Lion 3rd Job Scientist skill)
I already posted this in the last patch note but I would like to suggest a lower Cool Down Time and removing the failing chance for the Scientist skill Berserk:
- Similiar to hovados skill change suggestion for the skill "Item Detector" the skill Berserk can fail and in this case you have to wait for 9-12 seconds cooldown
- Berserk is the best attack skill that the Lion Scientist class can learn but it cant be used reliably because it is failing often without dealing damage
- I suggest removing the failing chance, but because I dont know if that is possible by coding here is my suggestion to lower the cool down time:
[a] Please change cooldown from 12/10/9 seconds -- > 5 seconds for all levels, including master level.
[b] Please change the cooldown information inside the card:
Berserk (Lv.1) = Cooldown: 12.00seconds -> 5.00seconds
Berserk (Lv.2) = Cooldown: 12.00seconds -> 5.00seconds
Berserk (Lv.3) = Cooldown: 12.00seconds -> 5.00seconds
Berserk (Lv.4) = Cooldown: 12.00seconds -> 5.00seconds
Berserk (Lv.5) = Cooldown: 12.00seconds -> 5.00seconds
Berserk (Lv.6) = Cooldown: 10.00seconds -> 5.00seconds
Berserk (Lv.7) = Cooldown: 10.00seconds -> 5.00seconds
Berserk (Lv.8) = Cooldown: 10.00seconds -> 5.00seconds
Berserk (Lv.9) = Cooldown: 10.00seconds -> 5.00seconds
Berserk (Lv.10) = Cooldown: 10.00seconds -> 5.00seconds
Berserk (Lv. Mastered) = Cooldown: 9.00seconds -> 5.00seconds
Reasons why the suggestion can be good:
- helps players with the frustration of doing no damage when failing, with the change you at least wont have to wait for long if the skill failed
- more players might consider play/play again the Lion Scientist class
Possible negative effects:
- removing the failing chance if possible and lowering the cooldown to 5 seconds is just my suggestion and it might become too strong so changes to the suggestion might need to be considered
- On the other hand I dont think it will be that powerful and just fine because it wont increase the damage of the skill
2) The Lion gunner class can’t wear shields
I think there were suggestions in the past like using 2 guns or allow Lions to use shields and both were not possible.
Lions have 1 equip item less than other classes which they could compound for inceasing damage/defense. Here is my suggestion:
Introduction of Lion ears with shield stats as a replacement for the missing shield. It could be named "Protective Lion Ears" or something and would need to have these properties:
- restricted to gunner classes only
- compoundable with AC amongst other compound stats
- refinable like a normal shield
- Common Shield stats like MD/DP
Some of those points might not be possible as well but this is what I came up with for now. Also possible would be using one of the fashion equip items and do the same I described above. (Protective Armor?)
For example: Having Lion Ears 100/200/300 with stats like the shield below (I just viewed a random shield, just want to show base stats not elemental)
If this works only a few "Lion Shield-Ears" could be introduced for a start and players can suggest appropriate shield stats.
Pro: Something like a shield/armor for Lions
Con: loosing the usual Lion Ear stats
3) Element attributes don’t affect gunner class damage
- Playing my Lion I realized that increasing my AC didn’t affect my skill and auto attack damage much (compared to the scaling of elemental attributes) because the scaling with AC is not high enough to see a big difference at higher levels
- The monsters in Tartarus have HP up to 1mil and higher which is no problem for classes with high elemental % boost but especially those with Gun resistance are very hard to kill with Lions who have to depend on AC and skills only
I thought of following suggestions but both of them would be hard to do:
- Equip with AC percentage % compound => Problem: new compound stones needed
- Equip with Gun AP compound => problem: new compound stones needed
- So I thought long about other possibilities to improve Lion damage which is scaling with AC, the main stat of the Lion.
Without trying to make Lions one shot everything here’s what I came up with:
All Lion attack skills follow this formula as you can see below (M being the Magnification Ratio depending on the skill):
[(GunAP - 11) + 20(AC - 48)] x M
In order to improve the scaling of AC for the gunner classes comparable to elemental % boost one could increase this AC-factor(shown red in the formula).
Here is an example with numbers (For the Lion Scientist skill Berserk, and GunAP of 6338 for Super Perforator 300 Lv13):
- Increasing AC by 1000 at the moment would increase the total damage by 70k.
- This is a 7k damage increase with 100 higher AC, almost neglectable against tartarus monsters with extrem high HP/resistance and I think getting 100 more AC is already very hard.
- As an example the AC-factor is shown here up to 60 just to see the difference it would make (even here the damage wont be over 1mil! )
- At the moment I dont even know if it is possible to change the skill formula to be honest and I cant think of appropriate AC-factors right now for the Lion skills but I would still like to suggest increasing the AC-Factor in order to give Lions a scaling like the elemental boost of other classes.
- While people will compound elemental % attributes, Lion will compound AC and receive a similiar damage scaling
- It is possible to play around with the formula, inserting numbers and decide which damage range would be good but not too high as well
Pro: helps with the frustration of building additional~300AC but seeing barely any difference killing tartarus monsters
Con: Overpowering must be considered and appropriate parameters have to be chosen
Thank you very much for reading this long suggestion!
There might be mistakes in my thought progress and I know the Sense Bulls Eye skill helps the Lion class alot already but seeing the other classes with elemental boost up to thousands of % and Lions still struggling to kill some monsters in tartarus even with maxed out AC equip, thats why I came up with those suggestions ~
*Edit: I often said "Lion" but I meant all classes that use guns as weapon*