Nesuki

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • IGN:Souuu
  • Class:Dark Lord
  • Level:135

In my opinion i don't agree with the magical soul nerf because some of my friends are playing it outside of pvp and they have invested in the items and gears no reason to change anything bcuz some people having hard time in pvp and cant buy lk items.

The damage wouldn't be nerfed, the cooltime wouldnt either, the cast time would be adjusted to be the same ratio as other normal magic type skills, it'd be just as strong, and still be able to use as your primary magic attack if you enjoy playing as a bubble mage. so rest assured that their effort in gearing up for one skill build wouldn't become worthless

• Placebo likes this

DiegoZz

DiegoZz

Mlk Piranha 3rd Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • IGN:DiegoZ
  • Class:Mage
  • Level:301
this is funny, im a buffalo and a pvper i never whined about magical soul because i have tempest and gale and can most times get high hp and counter it and win a fight. thats in terms of pvp.

in pve i believe some people use it to hunt kronos and increasing cast time will hurt them even more because they are already not doing well, when I boss hunted on a friend's magic soul priest true kronos healed faster than my magical souls it took almost 60 bubbles to kill him thats with guardian, adding 1 extra second would add 1.5minutes

check the true kronos ladder and see how many priests are there. most of them are using bubble and take quite some time to actually kill kronos unlike us powers ( 10-15sec)

im against this it makes no sense at all for it to be nerfed when theres gale that can do millions easily and faster

@platinum, it might be easy for you to say its just 1 second more priests already spend way too much time inside 4-5minutes and not only that hunting for the trials will be harder too because of you and ur pvp related stuff.
  • danoam, Wraith, Euler and 2 others like this

W1Z4RD

W1Z4RD

King of Ugly

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1025 posts
  • LocationIsrael
  • IGN:Wiz
  • Class:K I D
  • Level:004
it doesnt matter nesuki changing that skill just because of ur problems in pvp dont help the rest of the priests in the game if you want to increase cast time then increase the damage to compensate>>
  • Euler, Araragi and Killua like this

Nesuki

Nesuki

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • IGN:Souuu
  • Class:Dark Lord
  • Level:135

adding 1 extra second would add 1.5minutes

it might be easy for you to say its just 1 second more priests already spend way too much time inside 4-5minutes and not only that hunting for the trials will be harder too because of you and ur pvp related stuff

Hmm, I don't know if it's just me but, I feel if the hardest boss in the game only takes 5 minutes to kill solo then that's kind of a failed game design, plus most of us have been playing in this game for months just by getting level cap and gear up (or years if you happened to cap multiple characters), I dont think an extra minute would hurt much, I know the comment about pvp wasn't aimed at me but I'd like to let you know that pvp is not an issue

it doesnt matter nesuki changing that skill just because of ur problems in pvp dont help the rest of the priests in the game if you want to increase cast time then increase the damage to compensate>>

I don't have any problems in pvp, nor I do care. and it's not the reason I've suggested it either. the damage is as strong as if not even more than dark lords  or water/elec mages, they're supposed to be the offensive type of mages yet they have lower dps than bubble, a beginner​ skill, my intention was to balance the mage roles and encourage people to use their intended skill rotations, though if you still want to use just magical soul then you're welcome to do so.

• Placebo likes this

LertKrush

LertKrush

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • IGN:Kittytail
  • Class:Diva
  • Level:300

A small suggestion, but please bring back Feather Charm EV. It's painful seeing the new players running at default speed.

A reward for completing [Episode 0: Chapter 2] might be a good idea, after the refine tutorial quest.

• Alumine, Euler, Araragi and 1 other like this

DiegoZz

DiegoZz

Mlk Piranha 3rd Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • IGN:DiegoZ
  • Class:Mage
  • Level:301
yes the hardest boss takes 5minutes for priests, yes it takes 10-15secs for powers.

so ur saying u dont mind magical soul u just want ppl use their intended skill rotations well its not up to you how people would like to play their character.

aran the admin herself chose to level a fox years ago and used it and played it using AP gear does that make fox need fixing?

people should play however they like and an extra minute is too much it took us 4-5 minutes now its going to take 6-7, if ur saying u dont care about pvp then u shouldnt also care how people are playing and fighting bosses and monsters using THEIR OWN characters.
  • danoam, Euler and Killua like this

WarrenBuffet

WarrenBuffet

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • IGN:WarrenBuffet
  • Class:Buffalo
  • Level:400

Hi all,

I agree with the "nerf" on Magical Soul. "Nerf" in quotation marks because to me it seems more like a correction than an actual nerf. If the preliminary skill of one class is able to achieve something this remarkable then I would argue the introductory skills of every other class should also be this strong. However, it does not make much sense to me that players put in the time, money and effort to level their characters to 400 (hopefully), and invest in gears, so that they can use the skill that was given to them at level 1.

I am a strong advocate when it comes to assisting new players. I don't believe increasing the cast time of Magical Soul by an additional 1 second would affect new players much, as the skill is in fact ranged. Plus, I personally have not seen a character in any books, movies, or games that are able to cast a spell or magic in 0.5 seconds.... 

In terms of bossing, remember the days when we had to party up as 5 just to get the boss to the final bar of health? Players nowadays complain that they can't one hit bosses. Bosses have that many bars of health because they were designed to be challenging to kill. I should also mention that we are talking about using a skill that was given to magic players at level 1 to introduce them to the Magic class, to kill a Level 999 Boss with 5.5million HP, and 30.6k MD.... If a player isn't able to last an additional second while casting Magical Soul (in the boss room), you should probably go in with a party. Or perhaps...... alter your gear so you have more DP MD LK HV and HP. I personally have to 10 hit Koi and I still feel like it's too easy, I want it to be a little more difficult. I mean... it's so bad that its unique can worth as little as 40m....???? *mind blown* *Drops a koi gun by accident* *Ah... nvm* 

As for PvP, this skill is just pure unfair, as it has all range, almost instant cast time, and A LOT of damage. Maybe... we should put a range to gale strike instead? Mages can have fun stacking HV and LK then.... right? Increasing the skill cast time by a second won't kill you. If it was me, as a buffalo, I can assure you I'd still die before I could even smell the carbon dioxide you freshly exhaled.

Adding an extra second to Magical Soul is merely a correction to a flaw in the skill. It won't hurt much, but it'll make so much more sense when done.

Sincerely,

WB

• Placebo and VISHAAL like this

╔══╗

╚╗╔╝
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ╔╝(¯`v´¯)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ╚══`.¸.[Her]

Araragi

Araragi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I had this account for a while now and never actually thought about using it, made it only to see Cwb box list, however. I am greatly against this idea and I truly believe just from reading the comments here the priests who commented against this nerf are already troubled and have hard time with the end game boss. I think magical soul should have its damage increased, having a nerf will only make things worse for the magicians in this game, how will they enjoy their farming experience? How will they enjoy their boss fight experience? now pve aside, lets talk about pvp.

how will these people be able to kill buffalos? what about the invested gear? People chose to play priest or magician and boss hunt with magical soul because they saw it as fun and fast gameplay, just like buffalos and their skills. theres only 2 differences between magical soul and tempest strike, the first one is soul is ranged, the second one is tempest does 20x more than a magical soul. I dont see why we should nerf magical soul we should look into buffalos, the bugged skills in this game,by nerfing you're only making the priest gameplay experience or pve/pvp experience worse!

I am against this nerf and like the players have stated already, this should be in pvp dont involve the majority of the players just  because of childish pvp situations and wars.

PS: I am not a priest.

• danoam, Wraith, Alumine and 2 others like this

Araragi

Araragi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

aran the admin herself chose to level a fox years ago and used it and played it using AP gear does that make fox need fixing?

people should play however they like and an extra minute is too much it took us 4-5 minutes now its going to take 6-7, if ur saying u dont care about pvp then u shouldnt also care how people are playing and fighting bosses and monsters using THEIR OWN characters.

I only started playing two years ago, but if this is true and the admin herself used ap items why would priest or any other character follow a specific route like nesuki is describing? why cant we change and have fun the way we want?

my intention was to balance the mage roles and encourage people to use their intended skill rotations, though if you still want to use just magical soul then you're welcome to do so.

With all due respect, try to accept what im going to tell you with open heart, let people play what they want, you dont get to choose what should they play or do not in this game, if i am a Raccoon and decide to wear MA Gear or AC gear or whatever, then let me be it is not your concern.

• Wraith and Killua like this

Lucky ninja

Lucky ninja

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
This is a great change. Thank you so much to the work thats put in for this!
In my opinion, I disagree with the nerf of magical soul. If we are going to nerf a certain skill, I believe we will need to solve Dimensional Rift and any other skills that's bugged.

• danoam and W1Z4RD like this

danoam

danoam

Count Blood's Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • IGN:Bizarre

Magical soul doesn't need nerfing, for that skill to be viable you need to invest in insanely good gear. There is literally just one person that has those solely for that skill.

It is a way of countering powers, because a good power still oneshots even though rusted. They can just slap on a mixture of ap/hp/resists and attribute and own every class in this game.

It's just because certain people keep getting rekt by magical soul that it needs nerfing, if you can't handle it and need to rely on using skills that REALLY break ones game you shouldn't be PvPing.

If there is one skill that really needs fixing, it'd be Dimensional Rift, period.

PS: People complaining about Magical soul are not talking about any alternatives and not even saying a word about fixing Dimensional Rift... this just makes it obvious that you want the game changed in your favor.

• Wraith, Alumine and Nagase like this

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Araragi

Araragi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Magical soul doesn't need nerfing, for that skill to be viable you need to invest in insanely good gear. There is literally just one person that has those solely for that skill.

It is a way of countering powers, because a good power still oneshots even though rusted. They can just slap on a mixture of ap/hp/resists and attribute and own every class in this game.

i dont pvp, but if what ur saying is true, that there is only one or two people in the game that can pull off the bubble mage skill, then it just seems to me that the entire suggestion of nerfing magical soul is really only targetted to 1-2 people in the game. If it is this hard to pull off, then those 1-2 ppl deserve the power that magical soul offers. Those who work hard on their gear definitely deserve to be strong. Magical soul being strong has every right 2 be stong.

To me it doesnt seem like nerfing magical soul would benefit the game, but just two salty ppl that get outplayed by bubble mages.

just my opinion as some1 observing :D

• danoam, Wraith, Alumine and 2 others like this

danoam

danoam

Count Blood's Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • IGN:Bizarre

i dont pvp, but if what ur saying is true, that there is only one or two people in the game that can pull off the bubble mage skill, then it just seems to me that the entire suggestion of nerfing magical soul is really only targetted to 1-2 people in the game. If it is this hard to pull off, then those 1-2 ppl deserve the power that magical soul offers. Those who work hard on their gear definitely deserve to be strong. Magical soul being strong has every right 2 be stong.

To me it doesnt seem like nerfing magical soul would benefit the game, but just two salty ppl that get outplayed by bubble mages.

just my opinion as some1 observing :D

100% the only thing that really is in need of changing is a pair of diapers, also let's not forget the fact that both sides have mages that enjoy using this skill.

It's not worth it to have the much larger PvE community suffer because a few people that PvP are whining about it.

To top it all off the ones complaining about magical soul have not even once mentioned Dimensional Rift, I wonder why that would be? That's not so hard, you could read this one with your eyes closed. They love to abuse it and rely on literally breaking the game.

How is that not worse than a petty 1st job skill that requires crazy good gear for it to be a viable option? Double standards...

• Wraith and Nagase like this

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

VISHAAL

VISHAAL

#1 Sense PvP Event 2018

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationamerican
  • IGN:vishal

I think some people are forgetting what the actual purpose of a priest is. A priest is a support character in this game, not made to compete with other DPS classes. So, to argue that it's unfair because the support character would have a more difficult time killing end game bosses is just senseless. 

One also might argue that Magical Soul is the perfect counter to high HP powers in PvP and for that reason it should stay. Well, in that case, aren't power types also a problem? No other class is able to wear 200k HP and almost 100% of the time 1 hit any other class. "theres only 2 differences between magical soul and tempest strike, the first one is soul is ranged, the second one is tempest does 20x more damage than a magical soul." This is an example of a comical argument. First off, tempest strike is an end-game skill and as such is used in end-game. Magical Soul, on the other hand, is a skill obtained when you begin the game, at level 1, yet it's still used at end-game. What other class in this entire game uses their beginner skill anywhere but in the beginning? None. Secondly, tempest doesn't do 20x more damage than magical soul, not even close.

PvP's community is pretty small as is, so it could only be 1-2 people that use bubble, but considering the fact that there are merely 2 opposing sides regularly, that's more than enough for it to be brought up for discussion. There being more people using it PvE is even more of a reason for it to be talked about. There are multiple ways the skill could be nerfed to where it's still viable in certain situations, however, the skill in its current state is not acceptable. 

A level 1 beginner skill being an instant cast, no-cooldown nuke makes no sense in any way shape or form. The cast time could be changed to the same cast as Mana Arrow, that way there's some actual counter play to it but it's still a nuke, and it doesn't affect the beginners as it's a casting class to begin with. As a matter of fact, almost every other class'(if not every other class) beginner skill HAS a cast time, yet nobody complains about the difficulty in getting to the appropriate level needed for their next skill. If anything, this is a compromise, because what we should be asking for is for the AP ratio on the skill to be removed completely so that the skill is strictly used in the same way as every other beginning skill.

The cooldown could be changed, although if this were the nerf it received it would need to be more than a 2 second increase, considering the class who uses this skill the most is priest and they have Refreshing Dew. This type of nerf, however, WOULD directly affect the people the skill was actually intended for, you know, the beginners.  Either way, it's not like that skill is actually used for more than 10-15 minutes after starting a new character, as it's so quick to level up early on, so the only people it would hurt are the ones abusing it. 

I'm not sure if anybody has ever said that Dimensional Rift shouldn't be fixed, in fact I bet every single person who plays this game would be happy with it being fixed. So to attempt to redirect the attention to a skill that even the people who use the skill themselves(yes, you guys use rift too) would like to be fixed makes no sense.

The skill is not hard to pull off, it scales with MA as well as AP, even an extremely under-geared and poorly-compounded mage could manage to deal ridiculous amounts of damage with it. It's not about "how someone chooses to play their class," or how they choose to build their stats. It's about the simple fact that there is only one skill in this game for one class that is able to have so much utility despite it being intended as a tool for beginners to get to level 10.

• Placebo and WarrenBuffet like this

allebakaa2

allebakaa2

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • IGN:Yoonie
  • Class:Witch

Suggestions for next patch if is possible: Fox Spirit's Gift Box 90.

I love the Kitsu ears and the pet * ^ *  and is so hard to find them or they are crazy expensive in AH. 

sigma88

sigma88

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • IGN:Meracle88
  • Class:Champion
  • Level:197/283

Let's make it so that we piss off both users of magical soul arguing for and against the cast time:

Put a damage cap on magical soul. End of discussion. 

LUL

Kaiba

Kaiba

PVP King 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Considering how broken power types are now, i would see no reason to increase casting time on magical soul, as its the only way for a magic to kill a power type with the current obtainable equips and stats. And compared to other skills in the game, its far from "overpowered" 

• danoam, Wraith, yourstruly and 1 other like this

Killua

Killua

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • IGN:Dannyx1
  • Class:Priest
  • Level:400

Magical Soul, on the other hand, is a skill obtained when you begin the game, at level 1, yet it's still used at end-game. 

If its a skill for first job characters does that mean it shouldnt do high damage or be usable and efficient in pvp? I see, if we follow ur logic then why should tempest strike do more damage than all 3rd job buffalo skills? a true comical situation.

Here, let me fix it for you! why dont u suggest that magical soul be moved to the 3rd job skill category

Secondly, tempest doesn't do 20x more damage than magical soul, not even close.

I would love to create a video for our mods for them to see magical soul damage and tempest strike damage from both lvl 400 point of view.
Any buffalo that is naked and simply uses 2 items ONLY will always do more damage than a full geared magical soul priest, Lying wont help you.

A level 1 beginner skill being an instant cast, no-cooldown nuke makes no sense in any way shape or form. The cast time could be changed to the same cast as Mana Arrow, that way there's some actual counter play to it but it's still a nuke,

What about tempest strike? If fits exactly what ur saying, instant cast, no cooldown, nuke? if a magical soul cast were to be changed than alot of skills will have to be changed aswell, some of them are tempest,gale strike and lightning strike.

you know, the beginners.  Either way, it's not like that skill is actually used for more than 10-15 minutes after starting a new character,

Alot of people use magical soul they dont just stop using it after 10-15minutes..

This is not a PvP guide this is patch notes thread and if you had trouble in pvp in regarding of magical soul I'd suggest you buy the gear to counter it, you can get high LK and miss all the attacks you know that right? Just because you dont wanna invest in said gear doesnt mean u should get an easy way out and suggest a change for it. the cast time change is no good the skill has to always be the same cast time as tempest, You can add me in-game and i will teach you how to counter a bubble, and how weak it is when u really understand it.

• danoam, Wraith, yourstruly and 1 other like this

Oniii

Oniii

#1 Mage PVP Event 2018

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • IGN:Oniii
  • Class:Priest
  • Level:380

Tbh the reason I made a priest was because I wanted a bubble mage. The gear is cheap and easy to make and the idea of a fast powerful skill was cool especially as a priest and I could use it for bossing. Buffs can 100% counter a bubble user with the right build as well. In no way should it be nerfed and honestly a damage buff definitely wouldn't hurt.

• Wraith, yourstruly and HirotoSenpai like this

W1Z4RD

W1Z4RD

King of Ugly

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1025 posts
  • LocationIsrael
  • IGN:Wiz
  • Class:K I D
  • Level:004

Hey can we have Poppuri drill&hunt event next month pls.

Also can make fiesta drills(Tank,Speed,Novice,Crazy lv.60,120,180) tradeable ingame ^

And can we have Develing hat in myshop

• talestyrone, andypandy123, Euler and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ring bearer, flower girl, vivid, juris, valentine, wing of gods