Ecosystem activity

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Val421

Val421

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

As many may feel the game we all love is losing players. To make our community prospers again, here are some thoughts of maintaining the ecosystem.

The problem of this game

When players finish all the quests and level to 400, they often feel nothing to do.

I believe this game is designed to have 2 parts of contents:

1.    Quests & Grinding places for Lv. 1-400 players to level their characters up.

2.    PvP, GvG, Harkon Defense events to maintain the Lv. 400 players (I am not saying those events cannot be participated by lower levels, but it is always fairer to have characters to have the same level or event same type to compete.) This is the cash flow generator by selling equipment from MyShop or AH between players, not only creates financial support to this game but also maintain fun between players, to fight against other guilds/monsters with buddies, and earn honors through such activities. This is what can keep the community in an active phrase because human are all social animals, we love to play and have fun with our friends.

Possible actions for the game administrator to take (this is an open discussion to all):

1.    Giving the guilds (each small community in-game) honors and rewards for winning the activity (for example, the defeated one get some refine/compound reward for participation and to improve their equipment; the winning ones get some special awards they cannot get anywhere else)

2.    Making the current compound/refine items more affordable or having them to drop like uniques (so players cannot afford to pay cash to the game can still participate by working hard in hunting/drilling)

Those are my current thoughts, please feel free to share your opinions. Wish to stay with our lovely characters forever! ;)

Val421

Val421

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Reserved

Val421

Val421

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Reserved

Fang

Fang

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • IGN:Ignacius
  • Class:Gladiator
  • Level:240

I like the second idea, but isnt that kinda thing the reason why the famed RTO boxes will never come back. The first idea is great though, just like the PVP event they could give out a set that can't be obtained anymore/skins or that kinda thing.

HirotoSenpai

HirotoSenpai

General Moderator

• Moderators
  • 688 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • IGN:HirotoSenpai
  • Class:Mercenary
  • Level:400

Those are good ideas, but basically we can resume it to more free items to make "the game better". Your idea is kinda controversial: "it is a cash flow generator"  and "making the current compound/refine items more affordable" means reducing the amount that your going to use.

oiau13.png

Spoiler

Val421

Val421

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I like the second idea, but isnt that kinda thing the reason why the famed RTO boxes will never come back. The first idea is great though, just like the PVP event they could give out a set that can't be obtained anymore/skins or that kinda thing.

I'm not sure what do you mean by "the famed RTO boxes will never come back" since I left the game for two years and just came back recently around a little over 1 month. If you refer to the event approximately 2-3 years ago when a massive amount of elixir/repair powder/golden temper gem was given out through drilling the anniversary boxes A/B/C, my idea is different since I believe a lower rate + permanent time (instead of event-based) of obtaining those items will be more sustainable. The server can get funding to run the game from people who don't want to spend as much time and willing to pay for those MyShop items. Those who are not as financially sufficient could stay longer online and maintain the community active (this is important stimulate the economy of the game by bringing more supply and demand for all items in game). I believe implementing this system could balance the game by preventing it to be a game favors wealthy people.

To the second part of your comment, I believe building a GvG ecosystem is more important to engage players through their guilds. Plus, the reward and honor the guilds get can create a sense of common achievement which increases the user stickiness.

Val421

Val421

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Those are good ideas, but basically we can resume it to more free items to make "the game better". Your idea is kinda controversial: "it is a cash flow generator"  and "aking the current compound/refine items more affordable" mean reducing the amount that your going to use.

The game needs money to continue its operation so it has to have some type of cash flow generator; otherwise, everyone will be much happier to have a totally free game. "Cash flow generator" and "more affordable" are not contradicted because of Total Revenue = Price * Quantity. When the price goes down, it may drive quantity to go up.

The point of "more free items" is to help less financially sufficient people (2 types of player in the game usually: "pay 0" vs. "pay some amount") to have fun, but, of course, there is a cost to those people -- time. They can keep the entire PlayTrickster community active which is important (please also see my reply to Fang). However, the key is still to keep them rare so they are not inflated and having a negative impact in the game.

HirotoSenpai

HirotoSenpai

General Moderator

• Moderators
  • 688 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • IGN:HirotoSenpai
  • Class:Mercenary
  • Level:400

I'm not sure what do you mean by "the famed RTO boxes will never come back" since I left the game for two years and just came back recently around a little over 1 month. If you refer to the event approximately 2-3 years ago when a massive amount of elixir/repair powder/golden temper gem was given out through drilling the anniversary boxes A/B/C, my idea is different since I believe a lower rate + permanent time (instead of event-based) of obtaining those items will be more sustainable. The server can get funding to run the game from people who don't want to spend as much time and willing to pay for those MyShop items. Those who are not as financially sufficient could stay longer online and maintain the community active (this is important stimulate the economy of the game by bringing more supply and demand for all items in game). I believe implementing this system could balance the game by preventing it to be a game favors wealthy people.

To the second part of your comment, I believe building a GvG ecosystem is more important to engage players through their guilds. Plus, the reward and honor the guilds get can create a sense of common achievement which increases the user stickiness.

The game needs money to continue its operation so it has to have some type of cash flow generator; otherwise, everyone will be much happier to have a totally free game. "Cash flow generator" and "more affordable" are not contradicted because of Total Revenue = Price * Quantity. When the price goes down, it may drive quantity to go up.

The point of "more free items" is to help less financially sufficient people (2 types of player in the game usually: "pay 0" vs. "pay some amount") to have fun, but, of course, there is a cost to those people -- time. They can keep the entire PlayTrickster community active which is important (please also see my reply to Fang). However, the key is still to keep them rare so they are not inflated and having a negative impact in the game.

I can see your point here and as Ive said, those are good ideas. There are just 1 huge  problem here: Old RTO players were spoiled. 

An example of it is the "rto box event" that this player suggested above, it was an event full of elixirs, nate and repair. Even earlier we had Emerald Boxes that had maaaaany elixirs. The problem is that GM spoiled old players. Trickster community isn't made of new players, just old players. We can hardly see a new player around, so since old players were spoiled they keep asking for more and more items. Free items. 

Two or Three months ago we had a Popuri event with elixirs, drill, nates and flames. It was an AWESOME event if we compare to the old english server, but guess what? we had a lot of complains because it had a specific amount of elixirs and players couldnt get 10000 elixirs from it. Events like RTO box and Emerald box had no limit and we could get 3 of the same elixir/repair inside a single box, that's why im saying: Players were and still are spoiled. 

Another point is that the staff had to give a limit for the account number you can use in the same IP. If you walk around you're going to see many players with the same name just with the numer to make a "Different name". Now imagine an event like emerald or rto boxes plus one single person with 10 characters online drilling. That broke the economy before and might break it again if GM realease an event like that. 

It's not about making the community better, it is about keep spoiling players or they will leave the server. 

• Fang likes this

oiau13.png

Spoiler

Fang

Fang

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • IGN:Ignacius
  • Class:Gladiator
  • Level:240

I can see your point here and as Ive said, those are good ideas. There are just 1 huge  problem here: Old RTO players were spoiled. 

An example of it is the "rto box event" that this player suggested above, it was an event full of elixirs, nate and repair. Even earlier we had Emerald Boxes that had maaaaany elixirs. The problem is that GM spoiled old players. Trickster community isn't made of new players, just old players. We can hardly see a new player around, so since old players were spoiled they keep asking for more and more items. Free items. 

Two or Three months ago we had a Popuri event with elixirs, drill, nates and flames. It was an AWESOME event if we compare to the old english server, but guess what? we had a lot of complains because it had a specific amount of elixirs and players couldnt get 10000 elixirs from it. Events like RTO box and Emerald box had no limit and we could get 3 of the same elixir/repair inside a single box, that's why im saying: Players were and still are spoiled. 

Another point is that the staff had to give a limit for the account number you can use in the same IP. If you walk around you're going to see many players with the same name just with the numer to make a "Different name". Now imagine an event like emerald or rto boxes plus one single person with 10 characters online drilling. That broke the economy before and might break it again if GM realease an event like that. 

It's not about making the community better, it is about keep spoiling players or they will leave the server. 

Interesting points, so from what you;'re saying the problem with having anvils and what not occasionally be drilled up or dropped from monsters, people would find way to abuse by having 10 clients? And even if you did go ahead with his idea that people would somehow find a way to complain? That is pretty shit...

vennybot

vennybot

#1 Charm PVP Event 2018

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • IGN:Mew
  • Class:#2 Power's husband
  • Level:GudnNuf

Hihi!

One of the reasons the players got spoiled is because events like RTO box would "fill" the economy and drop prices incredibly for a few months, then during the course of the year, would gradually increase as people used more and more of the items to the point where there's close to nothing left around the time of the events occuring. This has always been the RTO economy, and it was set up that way for a very long time. Somehow, even then, it made us Pay-to-win. If anything, I disagree and say *now* is when it's pay to win (although it's still less-so than eTO was). It was like this for several years since the opening of the server, so I'm not sure why it's become a problem in the past year at that point.

Most players already have a driller army, so of course it wouldn't be effective to have RTO box events with something that can be done easily AFKing. A solution to this would be to make the dreaded kill-based events instead, which will cause nothing but complains to most of the players, as RTO has also been set up to essentially run on AFK players due to the amount focused on drilling. It's essentially too relevant. Even if the droprate were one <event item> every other monster, people would have problems solely due to the fact they can't massively mine it for all its worth. HOWEVER, to create a driller army requires time, effort, and money to do it effectively. So in a sense, this is punishing players for spending time/money on this game already, which will also cause complaints.

The problem with running this server as a business and not as a "whoop de doo let's spoil our players" is that the staff team would also have to become 1000x more professional than they already are. That includes not complaining when people complain, engaging with the public with a PR team (which obviously would have to be new members since PR isn't exactly this team's strongpoints), and wiping out all the current staff for not being on enough to maintain the status of a teammember as well as the lack of professionalism. Anyone who's worked in Retail can tell you it's soulcrushing and most people would not volunteer for such a position, and considering how spoiled we are as a server, it makes the position much less appealing when you realize you can't keep being unprofessional and have to essentially remove yourself as a player for the sole purpose of maintaining a professional relationship with the community. I guarentee the mod team would have a huge problem with any ethical guidelines given to them in this fashion. (You can prove me wrong by installing one, yourselves, actually, if you so wished, but I don't believe I'll see the day.)

The community isn't exactly a shining silver plate, either, considering how everyone judges based on other people and refuse to let go of grudges. It's very clique-y. There's a lot of resentment that comes with the attitudes of the players, especially for being different or wanting a unified front.

Overall, the server was set up on one premise: make Trickster great again. That included doing things we never could as kids. Like making overpowered equipment of our dreams or being abusive to people we don't like. Inflate the nostalgia factor.

I've been playing this game for 11 years and can safely say that this should've been anticipated from the beginning when the first cycle was set up. We literally have this topic in here in some way/shape/form every other day where people want the server to change to be better, but we already dug ourselves past 6 feet under and it's going to take more than affirmitive action on the mods' parts or some events to make this community half as behaved of players as eTO had. People are reluctant to change, and even if change is right infront of their face, they refuse to acknowledge it, or, they find some way to spin it to complain in some way and further reject it.

• kelpi, nelly007, Ricehat and 2 others like this

Check out my guardian guide and wishlist. My friend Z made this profile picture! Check her services out here!

2r63ce0.jpg

vz7xQ9w.png