Photo

Poison damage / DoT damage against CT bosses.

fox poison assault chaos tower damage

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MagnumOpus

MagnumOpus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

First time posting so I hope I'm in the right place.

As per the title, is it possible for DoT skills to work against CT bosses? It was tedious to say the least to take down CT bosses in DA gear so it was only natural that I was excited when I got poison assault, because you know, ignoring DP and resistances, yay. However the poison portion doesn't work, so technically a 3rd job pure fox skill is now a 550mp shuriken master against CT bosses. I hope something can be done about this?

• Kean likes this

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1192 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • IGN:RedSonja, BattleCattle
  • Class:fox, buff
  • Level:400

was poison supposed to work in chaos tower?

CT monsters are not alive, they are more like computer ghosts (i forgot the story behind CT, sorry :) ), so you shouldnt be able to poison them

but who knows ...

polar_standby2.gifTartarus_Info_Banner.pngCard_Battle_Logo.png

Kean

Kean

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • IGN:Keen

First time posting so I hope I'm in the right place.

As per the title, is it possible for DoT skills to work against CT bosses? It was tedious to say the least to take down CT bosses in DA gear so it was only natural that I was excited when I got poison assault, because you know, ignoring DP and resistances, yay. However the poison portion doesn't work, so technically a 3rd job pure fox skill is now a 550mp shuriken master against CT bosses. I hope something can be done about this?

The reason why DoT skills don't work against CT bosses is because they are immune to all debuff effects.

This includes defense debuffs, movement debuffs, and DoT skill effects. 

I support this idea. It would be very convenient to be able to use debuffs against CT bosses. 

However, in the scenario that CT bosses can be changed to not be immune to debuffs, I feel that they should keep the immunity against movement debuffs.

If this is not possible, then I wouldn't mind them being affected by all debuffs either.  :D

Regular bosses can be affected by debuffs. Please make it the same for the CT bosses too!

CT monsters are not alive, they are more like computer ghosts (i forgot the story behind CT, sorry :) ), so you shouldnt be able to poison them

but who knows ...

This is unrelated to the lore behind CT because everything works fine against the regular CT monsters.

• SheepieChan likes this

Keyos

Keyos

Game Moderator & Advisor

• Moderators
  • 377 posts
  • IGN:[Mod]Keyos
  • Class:Duelist Bunny
  • Level:400

but who knows ...

that would apply that phantom school mobs are unaffected by debuffs too tho, wouldn't it? they are undead and ghosts :P 

Spoiler

millaray81

millaray81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

but who knows ...

Poison has always worked in chaos tower it's a bug I've already asked Aran about fixing it

SheepieChan

SheepieChan

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • IGN:SheepieMeow
  • Class:Sheep
First of all,the part about poison and rebuffs not working because they’re ghosts/dead were hilarious :P

I want to bring this thread to light because DoT does work for CT bosses, just not from foxes. I’ve tried DoT skills with the fire/elec sheep skills and they work fine. The debuff spells also work fine for the bosses, as I’ve again tested it out with my sheep.
It would be awesome if Poison Assault and Pouch can work for the bosses in the future to help out the fellow foxes :)

2016 Video Event Winner

2017 Wings Event Winner

msn61j.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fox, poison assault, chaos tower, damage