• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • IGN:Orange
  • Class:PvP Guru
  • Level:Enough

Dear Tricksters,

I am a Trickster enthusiast and I hate to see it being so dead. I have been offline for a whole year due to personal reasons. (I moved to study in Hong Kong and had nothing but a MacBook Air so I could not play video games). I never planned on coming back to Trickster but when I logged on just to check it out, it brought back a lot of new memories and now I want to play again. HOWEVER, coming back to an empty server is not inviting. Let's see what the problem is and how we can solve it.

The problems

1. Lack of content :
    As a new character there is a lot to do in this game. Plenty of quests/monster quests/party quests/grinding spots/chaos tower and (my personal favorite) story quests as well as enlightment quests. HOWEVER, as you level up above 310+ there is a crazy lack of content. You are then given two content options (1) To play the game competitively and do GvGs and PvPs. However this community was quickly shut down because of lack of interest from Aran. (2) To boss hunt. This is fun for some time, but after defeating the same boss 100 rounds, it gets extremely boring. Kind of like a watching a dog chase its own tail. 

Before I moved to Hong Kong, everyone was level 320+ and very little amount of low level players. Now that I am back, its only low level players and low amount of high level players. (Probably because they all quit due to the lack of content).

2. Lack of originality in the events : 
    You can pretty much divide the events like this: (1) Fixing of glitches or of items (2) New wings and hats (3) New head accesories and masks (4) New MyShop box releases (5) New gacha items (6) An actual event. Notice how 4/6 changes are just new MyShop items for which real money has to be spent. Once in a while releasing new MyShop items is fun, but when all events are just cycles of the same MyShop crap being released, it gets kind of old. 
    There seems to be a serious lack of attention to events and a excessive amount of attention spent on new MyShop items. As a game you should create events where players WANT to be part of it, and they MUST spend significant time to achieve this goal. Make events easy for low levels (as they have a lot of other stuff to focus on) but make them extremely hard for higher levels. (Of course adjust the rewards such that there is an incentive for players to work that hard). 

3. Too many hurdles for old players to come back :
    Due to the nature of this pay to win game, old players will not want to come back to the game. They feel as if their equipments are too outdated, and updating them would cost a fortune. They feel as if there is not content for them to work for. They feel as if the game is dying anyways so its not worth coming back. 

4. Lack of new players:
    A game cannot survive by only having old-veteran players. There is a lack of new players (Trickster newbies) that come and play this game, this has always been a problem for Trickster. Right now there is probably no more than 1 new player every month, thats only 1 person that might refer the game to friends, thats only 1 person that might continue playing. We need new players. 

Suggestions to the problems

1. Lack of content :
    I understand that rTO has trouble with expanding maps as all map slots are taken (or something like that). But you could create new NPCs starting from Blooming Coral that can only be seen with the guardian eye skill and have a whole new adventure continuing with great rewards, a sick story line etc etc. (Much like is already done with the daily quests) however those are extremely boring, and bad rewards.

You could organise official GvG/PvP events and give players the incentive to fight competitively. (Please don't tell me this has already been attempted. Those attempts were piss poor and destroyed PvP more than it promoted it. I have previously given many event ideas, you just need to think a bit and be original). 

You could expand player levels (Above Lv 400/500) and give content for such players, such as buff-up skills. Introduce new hunting grounds for grinding which is more eventful than grinding at Chaos Tower. 

Overall I am suggesting that a little resources are dedicated to creating new content. I am not going to waste my time and suggest a bunch of things, other players have already done that. Just dedicate some thinking to continuous content and players will be happy.

2. Lack of originality in events :
    I have seen a number of threads suggesting fun/eventful events. Please take those into consideration. The key to a good event is having (1) special rewards, such as a special skill or something. (2) Valuable items, to give incentive for people to even bother. (3) Helps level the character up. (4) Fun and active playing. 

A poppuri event ticks most of these boxes, however everyone is AFK and no one is playing the game. Try to find a balance!

3. Too many hurdles for old players to come back :
    Give old players the chance of re-updating their characters without having to spend a fortune. If a character has not logged in in 6 months+ he gets a whole welcome back kit which helps him/her re-update their character. (example would be some [JP] stones/Boss pet boxs/MyShop). 

4. Lack of new players :
    I know that it is a little weird for a private server to invest in advertisement, but nowadays advertising is very cheap. You can selectively advertise this game via Facebook for very cheap. You could pay an uprising YouTuber to review the game (You could achieve this even for free), how you think games like Fortnite become so popular? If you get the word out there, you will have new traffic. 

• danoam, Dan213, Astronaut and 11 others like this

Stealing fire from Mt. Olympus like its no big deal.

~Prometheus                              

NiGHTS

NiGHTS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • IGN:DreamyDays
  • Class:Pleasant
  • Level:Dreams

Too many hurdles for old players to come back :

Give old players the chance of re-updating their characters without having to spend a fortune. If a character has not logged in in 6 months+ he gets a whole welcome back kit which helps him/her re-update their character. (example would be some [JP] stones/Boss pet boxs/MyShop). 

A welcome back kit for old players is a great idea. I've seen other games do this quite often. It would make me log back in to check things out. Can't say whether it would make me stick with the game or not. But I guess getting people to log back in is half the battle? 

Nostalgia is the only thing the game has going for it, to be honest. 

• Astronaut, apostatte and RafaelCosta like this

danielitan123

danielitan123

Black Swamp Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationIsrael
  • IGN:W1Z4RD
  • Class:KidOfRto
  • Level:400

[*]Lack of new players :
I know that it is a little weird for a private server to invest in advertisement, but nowadays advertising is very cheap. You can selectively advertise this game via Facebook for very cheap. You could pay an uprising YouTuber to review the game (You could achieve this even for free), how you think games like Fortnite become so popular? If you get the word out there, you will have new traffic. [/*]
[/LIST][/quote]
Love this idea
  • MrSlaughter likes this

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Huge MyShop discounts would also stimulate old players coming back. Example: I was gone just a year. Hence my gears are not too outdated. I will never bother to update them either. 

Assume now that we have a 70% MyShop discount. I would easily spend 150eu+ just to come back and update gears.

• nelly007, manong and RafaelCosta like this

~Prometheus                              

Astronaut

Astronaut

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • IGN:Matt
  • Class:Astronaughty
  • Level:380

Wow, you're a revolutionary.  :rolleyes:

• HirotoSenpai, MrSlaughter, HiiroKen and 4 others like this

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

hahah Thanks Astronauty :D

• Astronaut likes this

~Prometheus                              

nelly007

nelly007

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • IGN:Nelly
  • Class:Champ,Witch,Gladiator
  • Level:all 200+

This is awesome. I hope admins will reconsider all these things.

vennybot

vennybot

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • IGN:Mew
  • Class:Prima
  • Level:GudnNuf

The problem with having a huge myshop discount like that (mind you, this server's prices with NO discount are 3x lower than eTO's myshop points, while the items themselves cost the same amount as before) is that it's more than just greedy. It's unrealistic. We are lucky enough to have it as cheap as it is and old players coming back should realize they're not entitled to discounts en bulk because they left. Why reward someone for leaving to begin with???

Suggestion to compensate: Award players for playing and getting on. Not for leaving for extended periods of time. Grand Chase was built with this idea with the daily attendance feature, only accessible after 2(?) hours of ACTIVE GAMEPLAY. This could be something as simple as daily coupons given to players for actively playing. The way this could be tracked is through the same system that awards guild points to individual members. Earn 400 (I dont know what's realistic) points and get 20 coupons a day or something. A welcome back package is a good thought, but not at such an extreme loss to the server.

The community itself should be responsible for these welcome back packages. It shouldn't be something that is on Aran's shoulders and her specifically. Mods are supposed to be in charge of making a friendly community and instead of forming cliques for guilds, we should be a heck of a lot nicer to people and actually treat people with basic human decency. This is a common problem in this community and one way to work at it is to have mods start being supportive and productive towards EVERYONE and not just their inner circle.

A lot of content is on Mod shoulders, too. Wan is simply a supervisor and Aran is essentially a messenger/manager. It's up to the mods to think of and create new things and coder to put in the actual game.

SOLUTION: Bring the community together, especially the art and writing communities, to bring new stories into light. Abyss is half finished. Do you know what would be neat? If we were the first private server to finish it. If instead of playing a waiting game, we stuck together and actually decided that we are powerful together and can create new content. This new content would be an rTO exclusive--something even wings can't compare to-- and attract more people to choose us over other servers.

We could have monthly competitions for potential maps, areas, dialogue, and more. There could even be a content creator team ASIDE from mods who specifically coordinate with the mods in a BALANCED AND FAIR discussion. This would allow people to get in there and create! How would it be chosen? Remember that nifty guild system I mentioned before of active players? It can be chosen via that in a RNG and filtered duplicate ips. This could cycle monthly and that way there, everyone gets a chance to be part of it. There could be a forum specifically for future content suggestion for those not currently in cycle to still have a chance to participate.

I feel super strongly about this because this community is broken up into cliques and there's no universal benefit of the doubt given. Everyone sticks to their own people and that can cause a divided server that people dont want to come to since it takes time to find a clique and earn trust and all that. This is definitely something that would deter me if I were a new player. Finding people to play with is the fun of an MMO and this community should embrace that.

TLDR: Community works to stay together, new design committee, rewards for playing instead of being away.

Please note, this was written on mobile on my lunch break so it's unformatted and super sloppy, but the general ideas are sound. I probably got a bunch wrong in terms of what mods are SUPPOSED to do since there's a difference between what people do, who they present themselves as, what they're supposed to do, what a title of a person IMPLIES, and what the literal definition of a title is.

There is my disclaimer and that was my revision to your suggestion and additional ideas to help benefit us all. MEW OUT

• Punishment and HiiroKen like this

Check out my guardian guide and wishlist. My friend Z made this profile picture! Check her services out here!

Posted Image

Posted Image

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

I will reply to this next week. Im on vacation today, enjoy the server!

~Prometheus                              

ShadesOfCool

ShadesOfCool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
These suggestions are very good indeed. But from what I've seen on this forum, we should not expect a huge amount of new content at once. Apparently there's just one person that does some hard coding (the GM), differently from (probably) large teams of coders from old servers. The game is on cause we, nostalgic people who can't let go good memmories about old Trickster, play and donate.

So we gotta have to be patient, somehow. I've already seen lots of changes since when this private server was released, it was still pre-revo. The staff brought us all things we had in eTO and more, like Tartarus and all of those JP/Korean stuff. They've been saying that Paula is their focus right now, and so be it. Wait to see.

The wings, boxes and MS stuff cycles are obviously necessary, everyone needs money. And there's no reason to explain why they release all at once, forever.

I'm not sure if they're gonna consider those suggestions, even if not immediately, but I agree about 300+ stuff, about that I think something could be done about Shadow world. When they released guardians and shadow world in eTO, I thought it would be like playing the game all over again beggining by Coral Beach. Sadly, it consists of Harkon Defense and the Eclipse quest every 15 lvls, the other ones aren't even worth our time. And I say that's a waste of potential, we could have an entirely new adventure, epi quests and such in Shadow World, so that we would see someone redo their path in Trickster all over again. You can finish Tapasco Key quest and say you're done, but finishing a Shadow Tapasco key quest would be much more challenging. And, apparently as it seems too hard to game staff to create new maps, well, Shadow comes in handy.
  • HiiroKen, xHappysmilesx and MilkyWay like this

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

There has to be a better way for them to make money, releasing special wings was definitely interesting but I've just seen the same stuff being cycled around. 

Regarding your use of the shadow world, thats exactly what I meant!! It would be amazing to have such content for higher levels, include some really hard bosses to defeat as part of the new story, include some good looking / powerful PvE or PvP equipments as a reward to completing the very challenging new shadow world story. Adding this new end-game content would be great for the server. 

What do you think of my idea to advertise though?

• danielitan123 likes this

~Prometheus                              

platinum

platinum

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • IGN:Glock
  • Class:Pro
  • Level:39x

Make playtrickster great again! lol 

• Astronaut likes this

petunio

petunio

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

i guess the history being repeatedddd would be you guyss losingggg to USSSS LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO btw the fact that ur crying over gear when you play power that hits 500k is just  :blink: ABSURD XD ur crying about pvp and dead game yet i never saw you or anybody come in unless you had more than 4 people  :huh:

A welcome back kit for old players is a great idea. I've seen other games do this quite often. It would make me log back in to check things out. Can't say whether it would make me stick with the game or not. But I guess getting people to log back in is half the battle? 

Nostalgia is the only thing the game has going for it, to be honest. 

heyyy wb  :o ur wb kit can be losing again   :P  :wub:

karmas always gonna get you guys ~

• Astronaut, Placebo, apostatte and 1 other like this

NiGHTS

NiGHTS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • IGN:DreamyDays
  • Class:Pleasant
  • Level:Dreams

heyyy wb  :o ur wb kit can be losing again   :P  :wub:

wahahah ty  :D  Trickster needs more funny characters like you on it and then I'd definitely come back. 

parkminsoo95

parkminsoo95

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Let's admit it, other aspects of the game are already dead--revolving around PvE and afk drilling. Give us new interesting contents that can keep us occupied.

Lynnie

Lynnie

Booty Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Locationmichigan
  • IGN:novella/twizzler
  • Class:witch/duelist
  • Level:22x/17x

this game has honestly run its course and was great back in the beginning, but as it's an older game everyone has already moved on to bigger and better.  i keep checking periodically for nostalgia purposes but it's always the same thing, posts like this begging for new content and such.  it's really sad to watch people trying to throw around a corpse of a game and revive it.  it was good while it lasted, but most likely the game is gonna keep being dead no matter what and eventually there will be nobody left playing at all.

• Shi and parkminsoo95 like this

11 . 08 . 2015

bastet

bastet

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationMegalopolis
  • IGN:BurningTail
  • Class:Duelist
  • Level:400

I'd like to come with an idea too, I don't know if this is even possible but reaching lv.400 and staying with it forever is kinda boring. I'd love to have a modifier or anything that can change the job once you reach the maximum level.. :ph34r:

I'm sure any priest would like to see what's like to be a dark lord.. a gladiator to taste the mercenary's skills and so on. Some of you might say "you're having 6 slots for new chars, just make it yourself". But my point is, if you have a cat for example, who wants to create another one? you want a power, sense or magic char, not another charm..

Hope this stays in our GM's powers and you guys like the idea  ^_^

danoam

danoam

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • IGN:Bizarre

I've seen some very nice end-game customizations for this game, so it is not impossible and it would definitely make it a whole lot more interesting.

• bastet likes this

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Miiyuhh412

Miiyuhh412

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I came from Ragnarok. Trickster lacks a true "raid-like" boss. Could somehow make a "Raid Boss" type monster for each level limit, kinda like the Harkon Defense Boss. Could need a Charm to Tank it (Even needing Sumo Suit maybe), by giving it really high DX, but really damaging, piercing auto attacks. It could summon monsters that have that explosion skill as well that are very fast, needing a big reason to kill them.. I don't know the design limits, but each bar of health could have a different elemental weakness, and resistance. Parties of 4 could challenge it up to 1-3 times a day maybe? Everyone who participates gets a kinda box that works like Altiverse I guess. However the stat rolls could be more PvP oriented maybe? It also could have a monster that is a shadow form of it that takes no damage but needs to be constantly stunned by Skunk Pouch, or any form of stun, and has the same high damage, but high DX autoattacks. You would need each of 1 type for the boss perhaps, party compositions wouldn't need to have a meta, but rather skill competency. The boss and it's adds could even designed by the community I guess.

• Akuzuma likes this

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

i guess the history being repeatedddd would be you guyss losingggg to USSSS LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO btw the fact that ur crying over gear when you play power that hits 500k is just  :blink: ABSURD XD ur crying about pvp and dead game yet i never saw you or anybody come in unless you had more than 4 people  :huh:

karmas always gonna get you guys ~

Sorry, last time I checked I was #1 Charm then #1 MA mage, then #1 Dark Lord then one of the best power types in game. I don't know who you are but chances are you have never beat me, nor will you ever beat me 1v1.  :D  :lol:

• danoam likes this

~Prometheus