4.2 April Event: Rosemary Doll Collection (EXP/TM Event)
This is the same event that we had in November 2017; however, this time, EXP and TM are increased to 1,000,000 each cycle. Thus, this event is an EXP/TM event and is especially useful for your lower and mid-level characters.
1. Only characters level 60+ can do this event.
2. Each character can do this event up to a maximum cycle of 25x.
3. Talk to Rosemary at Gate of Phantom School. She will ask you to collect four items per cycle for a total of 25 cycles:
2x Duck doll = dropped by Golden Mole in Desert Beach Field 1
2x Mingo Toy = dropped by Mingo in Black Swamp Field 3
2x Bugbear doll = dropped by Bug Bear at Path to Snow Hill
2x Jenny doll = drillable at Path to Phantom School
The rewards per cycle are as follows:
For the pet collectors among you, if you had done this event in November 2017, you would have gotten Fairy Angel Blue and Fairy Angel Red among the pets at that time.
By completing this event now, you would get Fairy Blue and Fairy Red pets. You now have all four pets and complete your Fairy Blue/Red pets.
For those who are collecting cards to do Card ID to get Secret Cards for guardians, doing this event would give you a nice collection of cards to start with. Cycle 7 – 25 would give you a total of 152 cards. Make sure you do this event with multiple chars to get as many cards as possible. And you can do your card ID while maturing your soul seed so that you could get legendary guardians.
Thank you devs/mods/admins for the new events this patch!
I wish that we had prior notice to save up our compound boxes though. I know that some people, along with myself, have chosen to open or toss them during the last patch without knowing that they would be useful later on.
The O/X event sounds great! More in-game hosted events is fantastic, and we are grateful for your time and efforts to host them for the players.
My main complaint with the events this patch is the Doll Collection event.
The rewards are decent for a seemingly easy collection task, but it turns that it's not as easy as it seems.
As the event says, it is good exp for low level characters. HOWEVER, these quest items very difficult to obtain.
In the time that it takes to obtain a full set of items for a single cycle, I believe that it's possible to obtain multiple sets of quest items in Caballa Relics/Oops Wharf for the equivalent, or more exp than the event quest can give.
I do not exaggerate when I say that some of these quest items are very difficult to obtain. The hunted dolls (Duck, Mingo, Bugbear) have somewhat fair drop rates, although I think the Duck Doll is the most troublesome out of the three and should be given a small boost in its the drop rate.
The key item to address here is the drillable item, Jenny Doll.
My experience so far is that this particular doll has an obscenely low drop rate. I was able to drill up FOUR Jenny Dolls using one full fiesta 180 drill.
I would like to hear other people's input on this as well. Maybe I was just incredibly unlucky, or the drop rate is as bad as I think it is.
Thank you Mizzo!
I followed your advice and now I have better luck drilling up Jenny Dolls. The drop rate is still bad, but it is not nearly as bad as I mentioned the first time.
I still feel that some of these items are very troublesome to obtain, but I suppose that these current drop rates are manageable.
1. Please put long quote in spoiler next time to make your post neater. I don't like seeing my own long post being reproduced unnecessarily in my patch note. Just put it inside a spoiler, please.
2. This is the kind of post that I usually put under tl;dr category. Anyway, since you seem to have taken our mod's advice to heart, I'll make a concession and extend this event for next month. I'll ask GM to increase the drop/drill rate for 2 of the quest items (duck doll & jenny doll) by 2x next month (Idk how much of on improvement that will be though but hopefully it is helpful). For mingo doll and bugbear doll, I think they are good, not too easy, not too hard. We'll wipe out the quest log to enable chars to redo the event again next month.