• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

zenokbluerav

zenokbluerav

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

is this possible? in my search of the best non subscription based mmorpg, i keep coming back to this one... i've played Guild wars, Guild Wars 2, Aion, Star Trek online, Star wars TOR, and Black desert  just to name a few. this game, trickster, is the best i found. and i was just wondering if making a port for android devices could breath new life into the game, and if it can be done is it possible to make it cross platform multiplayer i.e. me on my computer and my friend on his tablet and vice versa. to be able to log onto my account from any device would be fantastic.

also i was thinking would it be possible to add widescreen resolutions? i may have asked this question b4.

and 3) would it be possible to make a 3d remaster of this game, just leave everything alone and just make it 3d in a new engine. but use cell shading since it's an anime game.

Morter

Morter

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • IGN:Morter
  • Class:Warrior
  • Level:-

It's impossible.

The resolution problem is easily solved, browse around the forums, you will find a certain user even made a tool for that.

• xHappysmilesx likes this

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1179 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • IGN:RedSonja, BattleCattle
  • Class:fox, buff
  • Level:400

Trickster for Android already exists

several years old version: http://jiribambula2....for_android.apk

(i think i saw japanese version somewhere too)

new version is called "I want to be a Summoner"

but its only in korean or japanese language

(i had to uninstall it, because its too addictive and i wasnt able to do anything else :) )

polar_standby2.gifTartarus_Info_Banner.pngCard_Battle_Logo.png

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Making the game work on mobile would require us to know how to parse the game's cached data like equipment, monster, map data etc. The server's coder most likely knows how that is done, but he probably doesn't want to share it. And I'm too lazy to try and figure that out x) Then we would have to also learn to parse the data transferred between the client and server. Not sure if coder knows everything about that. And even igf he knew, he most likely doesn't want to reveal the format of data transferred. Also there might be other troubles with parsing the data transferred over the network too, like serialization. If we however could overcome those, I don't see any reason for mobile client not being possible?
As for 3) we - me and one of my friends - have many times been thinking that we should create a 3D version of Trickster Online but soon after we have started the project we have realised how much work it requires and have soon dumbed the project due to lack of resources (time most notably). With a proper team of developers and graphic designers/modelers it would be possible, but still would take very long time :/

zenokbluerav

zenokbluerav

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

@suurisurma, ever think about doing a kickstarter for the 3d remake?

zenokbluerav

zenokbluerav

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Trickster for Android already exists

several years old version: http://jiribambula2....for_android.apk

i can get it installed but the app keeps closing on my shield tablet, any ideas?

sorry for the double post, couldn't figure out how to delete the other post

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • 1179 posts
  • LocationEurope

i can get it installed but the app keeps closing on my shield tablet, any ideas?

sorry for the double post, couldn't figure out how to delete the other post

no problems here, but my 7" tablet is several years old

maybe you could try lower resolution? (sorry, i dont know much about it, i only uploaded it so others could get it)

zenokbluerav

zenokbluerav

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

no problems here, but my 7" tablet is several years old

maybe you could try lower resolution? (sorry, i dont know much about it, i only uploaded it so others could get it)

what's your resolution?

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • 1179 posts
  • LocationEurope

800 x 480

suurisurma

suurisurma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

@suurisurma, ever think about doing a kickstarter for the 3d remake?

:o That's an awesome idea! I'll suggest that to our 3D modeler and I promise we will consider it. Something like Patreon, with early access during the development phase & more details of the progress and everything for patrons would actually be a great idea! Ofc also advertising for the public about all the major things ^^ Also all the differenting features between ordinary game should be polled so that the game becomes the way our community likes! <3

petunio

petunio

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
hey I love androids but perfer aples ty
  • Seulgi likes this