FB Admin & General Moderator

• Moderators
  • 719 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island
  • IGN:[Mod]Zen
  • Class:Gladiator
  • Level:325
Hello Tricksters! 

Recently we had become aware of a bug that occurred after our previous maintenance. This bug is that we could temper Legendary Equipment in-game. 
Thankfully enough, a few members of our great community came forwards and admitted to the bug, reporting it to some Moderators. To them, I thank you very much for helping the server. To those who knew about it and didn't report it, you guys are cheeky buggers! 

Tempering has now been disabled on all Legendary equipment. You can place it in and see the stats, however, just as Altiverse equipment works, when you try to temper it, it says "Tempering has failed."
On December 8th (next Friday, or this coming Friday, depending on when you're checking out this fiiiine post), all stats of tempered Legendary equipment will be set back to their original stats (the base stat will be reset and the refine stat will be reset; fret not, you shall not lose your compounds.)

Again, I'd like to say a big thank you to the honest players, who brought this issue to our attention and allowed us to fix it. Your honesty is very much appreciated.

Long live PlayTrickster!

Some people are worried they will be banned, but I'm telling you, 
you will NOT be banned! Thank you for your honesty in regards to telling us that you had done it, and thank you for offering to return the items and all. 
Again, all that will happen. All that will happen is that we will revert the base and refined stats to OG stats! 

• hovado, Makira, Panpyro and 4 others like this

Kaiba

Kaiba

PVP King 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Long live PlayTrickster!

• Zen likes this

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • IGN:RedSonja, BattleCattle
  • Class:fox, buff
  • Level:400

hmm, from 41 % potential to more than 120 %, this could be interesting

anyone has some screenshots?

Tartarus_Info_Banner.pngCard_Battle_Logo.png

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 719 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

hmm, from 41 % potential to more than 120 %, this could be interesting

anyone has some screenshots?

You can still go to the Tempering dude (I can't remember his name for the life of me) in-game and put your items in there to see the tempering ranges. 

Here is Koiosu Staff and Koiosu Sword, though. 

First picture is without Gold Tempering Gem, 2nd picture is with.

My Staff has 4s of English MA Stone 320s, and my Sword has 5s of JP AP Stone 320s.

17603 AP on the Sword w/ GTG, without even close to max comps.

Spoiler

• hovado likes this

Euler

Euler

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

If CF 380s existed, you could make a 22k AP kronos sword ... 

Long live PlayTrickster!

• Zen likes this

0002782_custom-embroidered-dog-bone-name

killerjax

killerjax

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Wait, so you can temper legendary EQ on AH as well? does that need to be fixed?

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 719 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

Wait, so you can temper legendary EQ on AH as well? does that need to be fixed?

You could never temper Legendary Equipment on the website, only in-game. 
The in-game tempering was a bug due to making the items fusable. 

We have now made them act like Altiverse Equipment, which makes them untemperable. 

The items on AH that are already tempered will be dealt with as well; every tempered one will be reset to original stats.

Ghaspar

Ghaspar

Game Enthusiast 3rd Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationTomorrowland
  • IGN:Ghaspar
  • Class:Thief Master
  • Level:Enough

Are there anyway to reset the legendaries tempered with this bug?

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 719 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

Are there anyway to reset the legendaries tempered with this bug?

On December 8th (next Friday, or this coming Friday, depending on when you're checking out this fiiiine post), all stats of tempered Legendary equipment will be set back to their original stats (the base stat will be reset and the refine stat will be reset; fret not, you shall not lose your compounds.)

Yep! The Legendaries will be reset to base stat (untempered) and so will their refine at the next maintenance (December 8th) because the server has to be refreshed / restarted / reset (I never know how to explain this so people don't misunderstand.. turned off then turned back on? Haha.)

None of the compounds will be lost (even though they abused the bug instead of telling us!)

The Chaos Feathers and Gold Tempering Gems used to abuse the bug, however, will not be returned. 

• Ghaspar and Mizzo like this

Astronaut

Astronaut

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • IGN:Matt
  • Class:Astronaughty
  • Level:380
This seems pretty unfair, as far as I can remember, who abused to expand CBS, got banned. And now, those who have abused this, will not receive ban?

Reference link:

:huh:

• Seulgi likes this

Euler

Euler

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

This seems pretty unfair, as far as I can remember, who abused to expand CBS, got banned. And now, those who have abused this, will not receive ban?

Reference link:

So you'd rather people get banned? I think Zen's proposal is a step in the right direction.

• Wraith and Killua like this

Astronaut

Astronaut

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

So you'd rather people get banned? I think Zen's proposal is a step in the right direction.

So don't you think it's fair unban people that abused CBS expand then?? and just give them back a cbs or make them lose it.. seems much better than a ban?

I wonder why would you be worried about my post?

There is no right direction, its an abuse and should be punished severely.

http://board.playtri...d-blood-shield/

Euler

Euler

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

So don't you think it's fair unban people that abused CBS expand then?? and just give them back a cbs or make them lose it.. seems much better than a ban?

I wonder why would you be worried about my post?

There is no right direction, its an abuse and should be punished severely.

http://board.playtri...d-blood-shield/

I can guarantee you I did not abuse this bug. If you want, I can let the Admin investigate all my accounts and ban me if I was found abusing.

In the real world, you'll find that a lot of things are not fair. I don't think banning people for abusing this is in the best interest of the server -- that is, if you care about its longevity.

nunoood

nunoood

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • IGN:????
  • Class:Sm
  • Level:305
I didn't know u were not supposed to temper (didn't play back then) I play this game as a in and out type(take a LOT of time without logging back in), now u tell me if I went on hiatus and came back ? Without any notice by full account would be banned?
How come I need to know all ins and outs?(I'm not some pro who know every single aspects)
As saying this I do prefer that they reset the temper and refine on the uniques for my careless mistake , but full on banning cuz I didn't know game stuff is just stupid?,
In the case of the CBS or whatever it is, those players maybe did know and just went out of their way to become way stronger, mind u i was not involved in any of those controvesis.
I went to fuse my ice shield (queen odinea's unique shield) and I went to the temper guy -.- and put auto and pressed go , it became worse btw and I never retried to temper it (got demotivated) and just went along with a 39% shield.
U can say I "abused" the "bug" I just didn't know uniques were supposed to be like that.

Edited by nunoood, 02 December 2017 - 09:53 PM.

• Euler likes this

nunoood

nunoood

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • IGN:????
  • Class:Sm
  • Level:305
Srry for the post... Induced by fear mostly.

Killua

Killua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

So don't you think it's fair unban people that abused CBS expand then??

as far as i know all the people who *abused cbs expand then??* got unbanned

• Zen likes this

vennybot

vennybot

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • IGN:Mew/Ketra/Digs/Jezzy
  • Class:Prima/SM/CH/Witch(wip)
  • Level:GudnNuf

Whoah wait, that was a bug? I never tried tempering anything myself in-game before until my friend told me to try my draconic sword in in-game to see how it goes

An eye for an eye situation makes the whole world go blind. I would rather the stats go back than to be punished just because of a mistake in management a while ago. Retribution against other players for a management decision is inane.

• Zen and nunoood like this

vz7xQ9w.png

foxinahoodie

foxinahoodie

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • IGN:Cujo
  • Class:Duelist
  • Level:271
I tempered, but was unaware it was a bug. A few players had told me and I just assumed it was common knowledge (there are a lot of things about this game I learn far too late haha!) I’m sorry for the mistake, but I agree that people shouldn’t be banned. Not everyone knew it was an exploit and I would gladly hand in the weapon before getting myself banned for it.
  • Zen likes this

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 719 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

Reference link:

It's saddening that you brought up something from two and a half years ago.. 

But this bug only resulted in a few players getting banned; no more than 3.

Then they were unbanned very, very shortly after. 

This tempering bug, a lot of people have tempered an item or two; I'd say at least 50 people. 

And just like Venny's case; a lot of them were just trying it because a friend mentioned it, whilst some like nunoood, just did not know. 

However, a majority of the people who had tempered an item came and reported it to us.

I had, personally, 9 people tell me about it, after a friend told them then they tried it. That is not including whoever else had spoken to other Mods and to the Admin. 

Why must we ban everyone for a very short time this time? Why can the past not be the past?

Back then, I am sure that we did not have the ability to fix the items that were used in the bug abuse.

As well, some of the people who abused it were not very cooperative. They'd tried to find a way to hide their items, or to sell their items quickly, when we contacted them about it. Not all of them, but some of them. 

Not only that, but we were very specific when it came to the fact that CBS could not be expanded, yet people still did it very shortly after.

So again, fret not to the people who have tempered the legendary items. You will only lose the CFs used, and the GTGs used. 

Again, the base-stats and refined-stats will be reverted on December 8th. All items will still be fusable after this patch as well. 

• Mizzo and Euler like this

Astronaut

Astronaut

Caballa Relics Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

It's saddening that you brought up something from two and a half years ago.. 

But this bug only resulted in a few players getting banned; no more than 3.

Then they were unbanned very, very shortly after. 

This tempering bug, a lot of people have tempered an item or two; I'd say at least 50 people. 

And just like Venny's case; a lot of them were just trying it because a friend mentioned it, whilst some like nunoood, just did not know. 

However, a majority of the people who had tempered an item came and reported it to us.

I had, personally, 9 people tell me about it, after a friend told them then they tried it. That is not including whoever else had spoken to other Mods and to the Admin. 

Why must we ban everyone for a very short time this time? Why can the past not be the past?

Back then, I am sure that we did not have the ability to fix the items that were used in the bug abuse.

As well, some of the people who abused it were not very cooperative. They'd tried to find a way to hide their items, or to sell their items quickly, when we contacted them about it. Not all of them, but some of them. 

Not only that, but we were very specific when it came to the fact that CBS could not be expanded, yet people still did it very shortly after.

So again, fret not to the people who have tempered the legendary items. You will only lose the CFs used, and the GTGs used. 

Again, the base-stats and refined-stats will be reverted on December 8th. All items will still be fusable after this patch as well. 

Got you so whenever I find a bug i will abuse and exploit alot, and nothing will happens to me  :D