FB Admin & General Moderator

• Moderators
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island
  • IGN:[Mod]Zen
  • Class:Gladiator
  • Level:325

PLEASE NOTE: 

I AM DOING THIS ONLY FOR FUN. There is no guarantee that anything would ever be implemented. 

I was just trying to see if we could change it, and I was doing the recolours for complete fun. 

Fashion may never be added, hair-colours may never be added, so please, don't take what I show into the sense that it'll be added. 

So, now that we know how to edit the palettes of Trickster files (refer to this link: http://board.playtri...ir-and-fashion/ ), I want to see what everyone can think of! 

Post your palette edits down below (in a picture form,) or ideas of what colours we could use on which character so then someone could implement them into their files and see what they'd look like! 

So, if you just have an idea, you could say: "3rd Sheep with Bright Green Hair", then we could implement it, or you could go to http://htmlcolorcodes.com/ and get a HEX #, then post that with it, and that way we can make it the colours you actually want! So, "3rd Sheep with Bright Green Hair: #61FF56" could be an example. I'll implement as many as I can, because I find it really fun to do! 

You can save your Palettes by just making a copy of the .pal file and renaming it to "Bunny Orange Hair" for example, so that you can refer back to it later. I do suggest doing this with Palettes that you have come to love!

Maybe some ideas will even be implemented into the game, if we can figure out how to implement them!

• Junko, hovado, Lusche and 3 others like this

velv

velv

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNY
  • IGN:Narcissism
  • Class:D.Va
  • Level:361

Spent about an hour fiddling around trying to get a Scarlet color. I was watching Highschool DxD and uh... things happened.

It seems to me that the only relevant palette blocks I could notice for Models were the 2nd, 5th, 7th, 10th, and 11th. Although, the very inner part of the hair has been bothering me and I haven't actually figured out which file or what palette block edits that part as it is only noticed when the character is stationary. Haven't meddled around with the fashion yet, but hopefully I will later on tonight.

Edit: added some different angles.

YrbDl7v.png2ouivja.pngk9VJI1d.png

• irislavyel, Zen and Panpyro like this

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

Spent about an hour fiddling around trying to get a Scarlet color. I was watching Highschool DxD and uh... things happened.

It seems to me that the only relevant palette blocks I could notice for Models were the 2nd, 5th, 7th, 10th, and 11th. Although, the very inner part of the hair has been bothering me and I haven't actually figured out which file or what palette block edits that part as it is only noticed when the character is stationary. Haven't meddled around with the fashion yet, but hopefully I will later on tonight.

Edit: added some different angles.

Spoiler

2ouivja.pngk9VJI1d.png

That looks amazing! I love how vivid it is. 

Some of the blocks are indeed irrelevant on some of the classes. 1st Bunny, for example, every block was relevant but one. Some only have a few pixels that they change, like for the Cat, if you look closely, at the bottom of her hair, there are three different shades, but it's hardly noticeable! Then there's the outline, and hte outline may have different shading as well... it's very interesting.

It is even more interesting that the inside of her hair didn't change though. Perhaps 1st Job Cat is programmed different than other classes, in the sense that the little bit of hair that is there is locked to her original palette, then it just changes according to the palette being read. Despite knowing this small amount of knowledge that allows us to change colours, there's still so much to be learnt about it! 

• velv likes this

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

So, I've been playing around with it a lot, and have created some 3rd Job Sheep hairs (I pretty much just grabbed a file, looked at which character it was, and have been playing with it since!)

I'll just keep editing this post with new hair colours for 3rd Job Sheep until it gives me the picture limit. 

And yes! You can request a copy of the file to any of these hairs for any of the 3rd Job Sheep hair. I am going to permanently make that dark-brown hair in-game into the black hair, because it looks amazing. Just PM me or post here if you want any of them! 

1. Black (it's the exact same black hair that the 1st and 2nd Job Sheep have, I had a request to make it.)

2. Deep Purple 

3. Auburn

4. Brown 

5. Teal (request)

6. Green (testing out shading)

7. Light Green (testing out shading again)

8. HD Blue

9. Gray

10. Candyfloss Pink

11. Bubblegum

12. Orange

13. Marshmallow Orange

14. Purple

253a1aecb9.pngddcdc393a4.pngc022c57930.pngdf515be46f.png

• Junko and velv like this

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

3rd Job Bunny Recolours: 

Some of them have a weird Neon-Green Pixel in the back. Please ignore that, I messed up while colouring and didn't notice til half-way through, then said "forget it" and continued colouring. Of course, if someone requests one, I'll fix the Green Pixel. It's easier to fix it than to redo all my pictures again. 

1. Scarlet Red 

2. Violet

3. Ebony 

4. Brown 

5. Vibrant Green 

6. Silver

7. Bubblegum Pink 

8. Teal 

9. Green Apple Green 

10. Pastel Blue

11. Radiant Blonde

da9dc6c3ab.png

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

3rd Job Buffalo Recolours: 

This one also has a slight glitch with the hair after recolouring. Similar to the Velvet Hair that velv posted. 

You can see a slight bit of yellow hair around the bangs, and during some animations. Still cool, all the same! 

1. Brown 

8414f161fc.png

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

3rd Job Fox Recolours:

1. Red 

2. Light Blue (made by accident, but still looks decent with blue fashion!)

3. Blonde 

4. Brown-green

5. Dark Blue (significantly darker than the original Blue)

6. Dark Green

7. Dark Pink

8. Dark Gray

9a0744c9ae.pngbc6726a44d.pngf9040aea9a.png332daee67a.pnga293fbc7af.pngf631a0799a.pngd08486d2b0.png7a83380f35.png

Junko

Junko

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMiddleofNowhere, OK, USA
  • IGN:Kanani
  • Class:ALL
  • Level:

JouZM09.png

Here's my contribution. Just used the palette from the 2nd job sheep to translate it to 3rd job. :]
Now I just need some green 3rd job fashion. ;D

• Zen and velv like this

Eat. Sleep. Work. Cook Penguin Bacon. DESPAIR.

last.fm [♥]

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

JouZM09.png

Here's my contribution. Just used the palette from the 2nd job sheep to translate it to 3rd job. :]
Now I just need some green 3rd job fashion. ;D

I just realized, this hair really looks like you're Mint! 

What will you exchange?! 

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

3rd Job Cat Recolours: 

1. Green

2. Orange

3. Blue Sapphire

4. Emerald

5. Amethyst

6. Sapphire

7. Lime

8. Cream

9. Cherry

6a250d87dd.png23bd2b5da8.png5421f456b2.png63ab5d62bc.png33898df143.pnga82b18b2d3.png19fa1e7ff4.pngf6e974575e.png2cdf85d232.png

• velv likes this

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

First time trying to recolour Fashion completely from the top to the bottom. 

Included recoloured hair: 

4cf260f13e.jpg

• Junko, hovado, apostatte and 1 other like this

velv

velv

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNY
  • IGN:Narcissism
  • Class:D.Va
  • Level:361

Upon following Zen's guide (many thanks :D), I was easily able to locate the correct files to edit.

I'm not sure if these are correct for all the classes as some sets have more pieces than others (but I would assume most of these are consistent- factcheck me!), but here's what I found for Entertainers.

chr015_w0X Shirt

chr015_w1X Belt/Waist

chr015_w2X Skirt/Bottoms

chr015_w3X Stockings/Socks

chr015_w4X Shoes

X = Set (If you don't know, check MS for reference!)

I've always loved the Clear Sky Cape, but it never quite matched well with any other fashions for the ole' gal. The hair glitch doesn't seem to be prevalent with this sprite, though. So at least that's good!

My3Goe5.png

• Zen, Junko and Lusche like this

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • IGN:RedSonja, BattleCattle
  • Class:fox, buff
  • Level:400

inspired by Fire Hand (for fun; ... hair outline ... yeah, whatever ... maybe later :D )

http://jiribambula2...._Fiery_Hair.avi

EDIT: is it only me or its general?

color palette editor makes .pal file almost 3x bigger than hex editor

Edited by hovado, 18 September 2017 - 07:07 PM.

polar_standby2.gifTartarus_Info_Banner.pngCard_Battle_Logo.png

Junko

Junko

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMiddleofNowhere, OK, USA
  • IGN:Kanani
  • Class:ALL
  • Level:

I just realized, this hair really looks like you're Mint! 

What will you exchange?! 

I'd say I'd exchange for moar makeup, but right now I could go for some tasty tacos. :D

Also, I really like most of the 3rd job cat's hair colors, especially #8. It's very Enoshima-like. <3

EDIT: I don't feel like double-posting, so I was testing a custom palette inspired by Junko Enoshima's hair color. It's lighter than Zen's cream edit. I'm debating if I want to try to add more depth but I do like the end result, so I may end up keeping it. :]

FdsJC4d.png

Edited by Junko, 19 September 2017 - 02:09 AM.

• Zen and velv like this

Eat. Sleep. Work. Cook Penguin Bacon. DESPAIR.

last.fm [♥]