FB Admin & General Moderator

• Moderators
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island
  • IGN:[Mod]Zen
  • Class:Gladiator
  • Level:325

PLEASE NOTE: 

I AM DOING THIS ONLY FOR FUN. There is no guarantee that anything would ever be implemented. 

I was just trying to see if we could change it, and I was doing the recolours for complete fun. 

Fashion may never be added, hair-colours may never be added, so please, don't take what I show into the sense that it'll be added. 

Hello there, fellow Tricksters! 

This is a simple guide as to how you can change the hair colour and fashion colour of your Trickster characters.

It's very simple, and anyone with a mouse and/or keyboard can do it!

1. Customizing in General

So, customizing your hair or fashion requires the same basic steps. Only when you are choosing the files does it differ, what you do/choose.

1. Either make a copy of your whole PlayTrickster Folder, or just make a copy of the files you are going to edit and put them elsewhere. I do recommend just copying your whole PlayTrickster Folder, so you don't have to revert your colours to go back to the original ones. 
  2. Download this file: https://www.cyotek.c...0-build-258.exe . This is what we will be using to open the palette files, and edit them. Upon downloading it, install it (don't change any settings, as it is already set up to make our lives easier). 

2. Customizing Hair

1. After installing the program, you're going to want to navigate to your part file in your PlayTrickster Copy Folder. It is found under: Playtrickster - Copy\data\part . All of these are the different hair colours for each of the characters and jobs. There are quite a few, so look in the post below for an explanation of what each of the files are. 
  2. If you installed Cyotek correctly, your files should look like this: 
    d152918d69.png
  3. Refer to the post below to figure out which file you want to edit to effect whom's hair. 
  4. After you figure out which one you want to edit, simply double-click it to open it. It should open up like so; 
    b766d3fc3f.png
  5. For this example, I will be using the Bunny 1st Job - Blue Hair Palette, as you can see in the palette (blue = hair colour, darker = shading, lighter = lighting, red = headband colours).
  6. So now, you just simply click on one of the colour pixels to edit it. 
    60f650be84.png
  7. The easiest way to change the hair colour is to change the H (Hue), while leaving the S (Shading) and L (Lighting) and RGB alone. The reason that this is easiest is because this will allow you to use the Original Hair's lighting effect (like how the 1st Bunny has a pastelly hair-colour, and has the lighting effect.) 
  8. So let's say that you're new to all this, and you want the simplest way. Simply, slide the H bar until you find a colour you like. You may want to choose a medium-toned palette colour to start editing on, because this is the base of her hair. Once you find a colour you like, simply copy the H (Hue) value (in this situation it is 179), then go to each of the corresponding pixels and change the Hue to that number (I just copy-pasted). This will give you that colour for the whole hair, however, with the proper shading the game intended it to have. 
  9. After fully customizing the palette, just hold CTRL and press S. Or, File --> Save. Either would work. 
  10. Then, simply log into your game via the Splash.exe in your Playtrickster - Copy folder, and tada! Your hair should be different now, if you edited the right file. 

2. Customizing Fashion

Luckily, it is basically the EXACT SAME as how you customized the hair! However, where you go to find the files, is far different.

1. Instead, you go to Playtrickster - Copy\data\wear_parts
  2. As you can clearly see, there is a LOT of different Fashion files! BUT, luckily enough, you can still use the Hair File Guide to properly locate who's is who's. 
  3. After that, (thank you very much to Fuzzysqurl for figuring this out), after the _, there is a w and two numbers.
  • The w is there to stay (it's just part of the files,) however,
  • the first number is the item / part of the fashion,
  • whilst the second number is the fashion set it belongs to.
  • What I mean by this, is that there are many fashion sets for each job, but in these sets, there are set parts to it (i.e. top, bottom, shoes, etc.), and these parts are what the first number is, while the set is the second number.
  • Just as an example to further explain 3, file chr013_w01.pal is Second Job Fox, part: Warm-Ups, colour: Black, while chr013_w02.pal is also Warm-Ups, but the Gold Version of the Warm-Ups.

Basically, edit it like you would with the hair colour (part 4 on), and tada! You've got some custom Fashion now, too! 

• Junko, hovado, PrufStudent and 2 others like this

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

[reserved]

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

[Hair File Guide]

So the way that the Hair Files work, is it goes: 

chr00X_Y.pal, 

whereas X is the character ID, and Y is the Hair Colour ID. 

So, 

Bunny 1st is 001.

Buffalo 1st is 002. 

Sheep 1st is 003.

Dragon 1st is 004.

Fox 1st is 005.

Lion 1st is 006.

Cat 1st is 007.

Raccoon 1st is 008.

Bunny 2nd is 009.

Buffalo 2nd is 010. 

Sheep 2nd is 011.

Dragon 2nd is 012.

Fox 2nd is 013.

Lion 2nd is 014.

Cat 2nd is 015.

Raccoon 2nd is 016. 

Bunny 3rd is 017.

Buffalo 3rd is 018.

Sheep 3rd is 019.

Dragon 3rd is 020. 
Fox 3rd is 021.

Lion 3rd is 022. 
Cat 3rd is 023.

Raccoon 3rd is 024. 

I am unsure as to why 3rd Job has two files for each hair colour. However, only editing the one without the extra 0 (so, i.e., chr020_5 instead of chr020_05) will change the hair colour as far as I am aware.

• Junko and Ryuuku like this

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

[Fashion File Guide]

I will do an extensive guide on Files at some point today. 

Since there are so many files, it may take me a while, and that's why I won't put an ETA. 

For now, if you wish to change the Fashion, just use the Hair Guide to find your character, and try to figure out which is which! 

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

[Tips]

1. You don't actually have to close your game while editing the .pal files. The game will read them every time you save them. So, you just need to essentially, "refresh your character". Doing this can be done in a few ways. The most simplest way to refresh your character is to create a new character. That is why I tested this all with 1st Job Bunny, because you can change the palette, click "Create", then just click Bunny and choose the hair you've edited. Your changes will appear. Want to change it to something else? Just click Back, edit the Palette again, Create, then choose Bunny + Hair again. It will be how you changed it now. 
  2. You can also use the first trick in order to test different hair colours for different jobs, if you have them! Just change it, then click Create, then go back. Your other 2nd or 3rd Job Hair Colours (that you changed) should be changed. So, you can edit a 3rd Sheep, click Create, go back, then it should've changed your 3rd Job Sheep's hair colour!  
  3. You can save your Palettes by just making a copy of the .pal file and renaming it to "Bunny Orange Hair" for example, so that you can refer back to it later. I do suggest doing this with Palettes that you have come to love! 

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

[reserved]

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

Here's an example of what your hair colour would look like, if you changed the first job Bunny's hair's hue, but not the other shadings or effects: 

[1st Job Blue Bunny Hair Colour is the base]

Light Green Hair: 

4b2115d2ce.png

Silver Hair: 

4237e99522.png

Candy Hair: 

0e0e903770.png

Here's an example of what your hair colour may look like, if you change the hue, shading, lighting, etc. 

[3rd Job Black Sheep Hair Colour is the base]

So, since I used Black Hair as the base, it wanted all of the shades to be darker. So, I wanted it to be lighter, and I edited the shades/lighting/etc. , and made some red hair.

7aae412ca1.png

• Ryuuku likes this

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1050 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • IGN:RedSonja, BattleCattle
  • Class:fox, buff
  • Level:400

wow, nice guide

and Cyotek Palette Editor ... yummy :)

Tartarus_Info_Banner.pngCard_Battle_Logo.png

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

wow, nice guide

and Cyotek Palette Editor ... yummy :)

Yeah, I had tried out a few of them, but none of them supported RGB Triplets Files, which are what Trickster uses for their .pal files. 

This was the first one I came to that supported it, and it was SO simple to use that I had to suggest it, because even people without a technical background or art background can customize their hair colour! 

• hovado likes this

Lusche

Lusche

Phantom School Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • IGN:Lusche/Almarix
  • Class:Gambler/Diva
  • Level:335/136
Question: after your character is edited, that will edit your program files and yours alone, so the character should and would look different to you.

But wouldn't everyone else still just see the original sprite since their TO files weren't edited?

Be a shame if you made your character looked really good and all everyone else saw was some mis-matched abomination because of the base color files you decided to use/wear.

This is still revolutionary work you've discovered by the way.
If Wan can code this is a more simplified way and put it on the website, I assume everyone can and should be able to change their aesthetics to a way they seem fit.

​As a gentleman should, he does. (^_-)☆ 

output_ipCcnw_zpsd5268428.gif

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 717 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

Question: after your character is edited, that will edit your program files and yours alone, so the character should and would look different to you.

But wouldn't everyone else still just see the original sprite since their TO files weren't edited?

Be a shame if you made your character looked really good and all everyone else saw was some mis-matched abomination because of the base color files you decided to use/wear.

This is still revolutionary work you've discovered by the way.
If Wan can code this is a more simplified way and put it on the website, I assume everyone can and should be able to change their aesthetics to a way they seem fit.

Yes, it only edits your files and what you see. Every character will have that hair on your client, but on other's, not. 

However, our main goal was to figure out how to edit the palettes and do things with them. That is what we wanted to do. Now, we can work on finding a way to implement the palettes into the game! 

• Mizzo and Ryuuku like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair, fashion, colour, edit, custom