Photo

Hi! New player in need of some advice :)

new cat player

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

BeeMeow

BeeMeow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:BeeMeow

Hi there! 

So I played this game a looonnng time ago with friends when it first came out (& wasn't a private server like it is now). I remember it being so hard to level way back then, lol. I also remember traveling to places I shouldn't have and deviating from story quests so I wasn't able to efficiently level early on and would get wacked to death by higher level monsters. Fun times.

Anyway.... I have always enjoyed Trickster and graphics, but eventually all of my friends quit and it made progressing by myself a lot harder since I have no knowledge of the game such as items/pricing of items, builds, and lacked money for stuff like gear and pots... 

I'm not familiar with compounding since I don't know what items are valuable to use or how to go about compounding gear for myself? And I'm a bit clueless about how to do research these things because some info that I have found has been either too dated or the terminology is just complete and utter jargon to me, which makes it difficult to go about progressing in the game.

I've tried coming back to this game to play it, but I've never progress further than 2nd job and then eventually I would quit because of my lack of game knowledge and having no friends to play with... so I just wanted to reach out to the community for any helpful information possible so I can actually enjoy playing this game for once without promptly quitting due to ignorance.

Currently playing cat; plan to go diva (is primma better? idk halp...); 3124 pure AP; currently around lvl 40

Any advice at all would be much appreciated! 

TY community C: 

• Mizzo likes this

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • IGN:RedSonja, BattleCattle
  • Class:fox, buff
  • Level:400

Hi. These links should help you with almost anything:

http://mizuumi.net/t.../Main_Page.html

http://board.playtri...orum/10-guides/

• Paylette, Mizzo and BeeMeow like this

polar_standby2.gifTartarus_Info_Banner.pngCard_Battle_Logo.png

foxinahoodie

foxinahoodie

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • IGN:Cujo
  • Class:Duelist
  • Level:271
Hiya! Welcome back to the game ^^ It's difficult to make friends, but the best way is to just put yourself out there. Ask players to make parties, help other people you see, and whatnot. If you ever need anything, my IGN is Dakonae. Feel free to friend me and I can try to help you out!
  • Lusche, Mizzo and BeeMeow like this

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3760 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief
  • Level:400

Welcome to the game. Go slow. Don't rush. Walk through each map, talk to all NPCs. Sometimes there's a sequence in which you should talk to the NPC, so if you lost the sequence, just go back and talk to everyone again. When I first played this game, I didn't know about wiki. So I basically just walk through each map and talk to NPC and read everything they say. Since I like playing alone (playing this game was basically my way of being alone because in real life, there are so many people around), I didn't seek parties and such. If you like playing with others in this game though, it may get frustrating for you when you are online and your friends seem to be offline (maybe due to different time zones).

To help you somehow, please join us in Facebook group where you can ask quick questions about things: https://www.facebook.../?ref=bookmarks

Also, explore the website. There are functions there that may be helpful to you. Above all, please never forget your email for your game account. If you have your email (it must be a working email), you can recover your username, password, secure code, and lock code if you forgot these info. If you forgot your email, make sure you never forget any of your other info so that you never need to use your email.

Play fair & have fun. :) 

• Mizzo and BeeMeow like this

BeeMeow

BeeMeow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Welcome to the game. Go slow. Don't rush. Walk through each map, talk to all NPCs. Sometimes there's a sequence in which you should talk to the NPC, so if you lost the sequence, just go back and talk to everyone again. When I first played this game, I didn't know about wiki. So I basically just walk through each map and talk to NPC and read everything they say. Since I like playing alone (playing this game was basically my way of being alone because in real life, there are so many people around), I didn't seek parties and such. If you like playing with others in this game though, it may get frustrating for you when you are online and your friends seem to be offline (maybe due to different time zones).

To help you somehow, please join us in Facebook group where you can ask quick questions about things: https://www.facebook.../?ref=bookmarks

Also, explore the website. There are functions there that may be helpful to you. Above all, please never forget your email for your game account. If you have your email (it must be a working email), you can recover your username, password, secure code, and lock code if you forgot these info. If you forgot your email, make sure you never forget any of your other info so that you never need to use your email.

Play fair & have fun. :) 

Thank you for the kind advice! I'll be sure to keep all of that in mind <3 RL is extremely exhausting for me as I have many things that I need to do and I have to communicate with a lot of people on a frequent basis so I do find myself gravitating towards Trickster to unwind when I get home after a long day. It's also good to see that everything you've suggested I do thus far has been what I've been doing!

BeeMeow

BeeMeow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hiya! Welcome back to the game ^^ It's difficult to make friends, but the best way is to just put yourself out there. Ask players to make parties, help other people you see, and whatnot. If you ever need anything, my IGN is Dakonae. Feel free to friend me and I can try to help you out!

I'll be sure to send you a friend request!

ps- please don't be upset with me when I bother you profusely with dozens of questions<3