Kean

Kean

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • IGN:Speady
  • Class:Lower

There's this mindset that has been created by the usage of afk drilling and it's that people believe that they can reap the full benefits of an event without even having to play the game. Is this what most people want? If so, oh well.  :mellow:

This isn't just limited to events; the exact same thing is happening in the Tapasco mines. Isn't it a problem when a guaranteed money making method is available for people who don't even want to play the game? The Lv up rewards on the website were removed due to "abuse" but I never see the same treatment applied to events that focus on drilling. At least people are playing the game to earn Lv up rewards.

Speaking of events, there is one past event that I would like to mention.

At the time that I joined this server, there was a board game event going on. I loved this event because it gave you the option of monster hunting or drilling to obtain giftboxes. You had to collect six pieces of a die from opening the Dice Star Giftboxes in order to complete a full die. Upon completion of a full die, you are allowed to make a dice roll on the board game. All tiles on the board game had a Carved Wooden Box. The great thing about this event was that there was a huge variety of items in these boxes, some of them being exclusive 4G items. I was still a new player at the time so it was thrilling to open all those Carved Wooden Boxes and receive loads of useful equipment. 

TL;DR

afk drlling [event] bad

monster hunting [event] better

difficult decisions 

• bluesly likes this

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • IGN:RedSonja, BattleCattle
  • Class:fox, buff
  • Level:400

arent there areas, where driller pets are prohibited? (old chaos tower, Alteo Empire, ... )

maybe putting event items in several areas (special event maps?) and disabling driller pets in there would help

• bluesly likes this

Tartarus_Info_Banner.png

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3566 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief

Question: What if we cut in half the price for ores sold to NPC in game, especially those ores in Snow mines, Tech mines, and Tap mines?

Will this help in reducing number of afk drillers in these mines?

Would it be ok for you guys if we cut the prices in half?

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • IGN:LinaInverse
  • Class:Witch

Question: What if we cut in half the price for ores sold to NPC in game, especially those ores in Snow mines, Tech mines, and Tap mines?

Depends what problem you're trying to fix.  That may cut the price of galder for things, since, in theory, galder won't be quite so plentiful.  It will take awhile to see the effect, since there is so much galder out right now.  It won't cut down on the number of drillers out there though (which, I'm guessing isn't your goal anyway, and probably contrary to the server goal).

It certainly won't stop abuse of the current event, or future events of this nature, and it won't fix the issue of the game being almost unplayable by people who elect not to afk drill.

The problem with generally asking these questions is that people do not know what priorities you are juggling when trying to fix these issues.  What are you trying to optimize for?  What can't you sacrifice to do it?  What do you see as the greatest issues?  What are the technical limitations?

• Paige likes this

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3566 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief

I just want to see if players are comfortable with prices of ores cut down to half. Some players are complaining that the rates of MS/galder is too high, and surmise that maybe it is because of abundance of galders in the game, and abundance of galders is due partly to NPCing ores, and we have a lot of 24/7 afk drillers in the mines drilling for ores.

talestyrone

talestyrone

Rose Garden Explorer

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationPlaying Trickster
  • IGN:AgilityCarrier
  • Class:Cat
  • Level:???

I just want to see if players are comfortable with prices of ores cut down to half. Some players are complaining that the rates of MS/galder is too high, and surmise that maybe it is because of abundance of galders in the game, and abundance of galders is due partly to NPCing ores, and we have a lot of 24/7 afk drillers in the mines drilling for ores.

Considering how much WT a single player can have (a 400 fox with only WT points can easily afk for 14+ hours in mines) the ore-selling is quite a problem.
Maybe not half but - maybe 33% less on the ores would be better.. Half seems like quite a bit..

Posted Image

Posted ImageBLOOD FLOWERPosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

bluesly

bluesly

Cat Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationCat Den
  • IGN:TwinPaw
  • Class:Thief Master
  • Level:191

This was discussed a bit in Discord as well, and this is worth a shot to lower the price down to 50% or 30% of it's value to NPCs vendors. In theory, if the value of the ores is lower than normal, there won't be much need to drill a huge amount of them as it'll only give "chump change". One did suggest on Discord to lower the price to like double digits depending on the use of the ore.

My other suggest was to have a time limit in place in the mines (not counting closed lot or the lobby area) with a cool down time after. This would also slow things down a bit, despite the flaw that one can send in one character to afk drill, time runs out, send in another and repeat however it would be a bit more troubling for AFK Drillers with multiple accounts in these mines.

Either suggestion I'm up for, whatever works best.

Depends what problem you're trying to fix.  That may cut the price of galder for things, since, in theory, galder won't be quite so plentiful.  It will take awhile to see the effect, since there is so much galder out right now.  It won't cut down on the number of drillers out there though (which, I'm guessing isn't your goal anyway, and probably contrary to the server goal).

It certainly won't stop abuse of the current event, or future events of this nature, and it won't fix the issue of the game being almost unplayable by people who elect not to afk drill.

The problem with generally asking these questions is that people do not know what priorities you are juggling when trying to fix these issues.  What are you trying to optimize for?  What can't you sacrifice to do it?  What do you see as the greatest issues?  What are the technical limitations?

One issue at a time, please.

Book Hunter

Currently searching in Rose Garden (Johan's Story).

I proudly do my own drilling.

Timcanpy

Timcanpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:Timcanpy
  • Class:Duelist
  • Level:335

I agree with cutting the ore prices, but imo I don't think it'll be enough to change the tide because it's not like afk drillers have to put any more effort into getting the ores since all they have to do is afk drill a little longer. And with how much WT some people can pack they can drill all day without a problem... I think maybe decreasing the drill rate of the ores would help on top of cutting the prices - by how much, im not sure. Maybe 15-25%?

I also agree that lvling while drilling is also an issue; it really kills the gameplay and challenges of the game, even some of the social aspect. Imo, the exp should just be shot altogether. There are many alternatives to lvling than just sitting in a mine all day... 

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • IGN:Orange
  • Class:PvP Guru
  • Level:Enough

I agree with cutting the ore prices, but imo I don't think it'll be enough to change the tide because it's not like afk drillers have to put any more effort into getting the ores since all they have to do is afk drill a little longer. And with how much WT some people can pack they can drill all day without a problem... I think maybe decreasing the drill rate of the ores would help on top of cutting the prices - by how much, im not sure. Maybe 15-25%?

I also agree that lvling while drilling is also an issue; it really kills the gameplay and challenges of the game, even some of the social aspect. Imo, the exp should just be shot altogether. There are many alternatives to lvling than just sitting in a mine all day... 

So decreasing the price of ores will not have affect because people can simply drill longer, but decreasing drop rate will not be affected by drilling longer? Dont think its necessary to do both in combination. I think decreasing the price accordingly will suffice.

PS: Please be mindful of the few KRs that are putting an enormous amount of time into this game. You already screwed em over by imposing limit on event rewards (which is completely justified) but I wouldn't lower prices just yet. You dont want to drive em out of the server...

Stealing fire from Mt. Olympus like its no big deal.

~Prometheus                              

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1117 posts
  • IGN:

Honestly... I don't think there is a true viable solution to this problem. There will always be people who abuse events, etc. But there are also people who are just trying to make it by. Personally, I only have one AFK driller, and I don't even make them drill 24/7 like most. I only use them when my laptop can handle it. I don't see why other people who are playing fairly should be affected by the miniscule amount of people who are actually abusing such events. It's easy to throw out suggestions if you're not directly affected by what's happening (i.e. if you already have a ton of galders, or if you don't even afk drill, etc.). I think it would be best to just punish these people directly in some way, idk. Don't punish the majority of people just because of a few peoples' abuse lol. Just my two cents...

• MrSlaughter and bluesly like this

xFlutter

xFlutter

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

by definition someone who goes through the effort to make all those charas and multiclient that heavily is much more invested than someone with one low-level chara, so actions that make them feel targeted will drive them away

someone that heavily invested is also much more likely to be a donor as well, so this would result in a loss of server revenue

i think any actions taken must be carefully considered so that veteran players don't feel put off by it while addressing the very real economy problems the game has

• MrSlaughter, bluesly and 3rdratenoob like this

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • IGN:Orange
  • Class:PvP Guru
  • Level:Enough

Yea, thats what I was saying! 

However something must be done, because I know someone who makes around 350m everyday just from AFK drilling. I just dont see it being such a priority at this point. Other things to focus on.

Stealing fire from Mt. Olympus like its no big deal.

~Prometheus                              

AlwaysXtut

AlwaysXtut

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:TooMany
  • Class:3.3
  • Level:7

My Suggestion 

Take off Driller boys/girls from my shop

Make it as a daily Monster quest reward

Make it timed for 23hours or 12 hours and can not be recharged

Kill 100- 200 monster of your level range (just like Monster Quest Event we had before)

Depend on the driller boys/girls( I believe we only have 4 types of drillers)  you want, Monsters will be different

so all level players can participate daily.

Advantage of this is

- we will have fewer afk drillers because they will get lazier as time progress

- Maybe it will fix the myshop-galder problem

- More active players?

You can tell me the negative impact.

• Bongohead and MrSlaughter like this

SmPlAsEvyOne

SmPlAsEvyOne

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • IGN:Lazy
  • Class:Bored
  • Level:&Tired

I say (if acceptable and possible) the staff can.

-Expel all AFK drillers in Tap and (optional) Techichi mines sending them back to Blooming Cora on the next update.
-Increase the Level Restriction for Techichi(optional) and Tap mines, something close to (250) or higher.

-Decrease the value of ores from low level mines (may or may not include Techichi)

Benefits;

-This will  temporarily decrease the MS/Rate (until some guy is able to get all of his hundred mule accounts to reach the mine's  level cap which is too tiresome imo)  

Still this will only affect the galder/ms rate.  For events I haven't thought of a solution yet

you can set a multi-client limit like only 3 clients can be opened per PC not sure if it's possible tho 

BRUhmQq.gif

Bongohead

Bongohead

Tree Sap

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • IGN:Geepie
  • Level:399.9

-Expel all AFK drillers in Tap and (optional) Techichi mines sending them back to Blooming Cora on the next update.

-Increase the Level Restriction for Techichi(optional) and Tap mines, something close to (250) or higher.

-Decrease the value of ores from low level mines (may or may not include Techichi)

That would stop players from, for example, getting ores for the Blacksmith Marx quest that gives a Harkon and nice exp (which is for 120+). Plus, the Tap ores are needed for refinement so you'd be taking the oportunity from lower level players who'd want to work to get the ores and sell them (which would value galders).

Placing restrictions to only some areas wouldn't work, there'd always be somewhere else to AFK at.

Restricting (or removing) the use of driller pets would be way more efficient.

SmPlAsEvyOne

SmPlAsEvyOne

Mirage Island Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • IGN:Lazy
  • Class:Bored
  • Level:&Tired

That would stop players from, for example, getting ores for the Blacksmith Marx quest that gives a Harkon and nice exp (which is for 120+). Plus, the Tap ores are needed for refinement so you'd be taking the oportunity from lower level players who'd want to work to get the ores and sell them (which would value galders).

Placing restrictions to only some areas wouldn't work, there'd always be somewhere else to AFK at.

Restricting (or removing) the use of driller pets would be way more efficient.

Hmm you do have a point but,

A friend/guild mate can lend a hand in providing those ores for the quest.

There are ways for a novice player to earn galders other than looting and selling Tap mine ores, for example, selling quest/event items, cf farming , ct grinding, bytes collecting and even boss hunting.

I believe you can only refine an equipment that is above level 280+ with those ores.So what's the harm in that? If you're talking about trades, well I guess that makes sense.But still there are other ways to earn galders other than drilling/looting ores.

The player will be pushed to reach that level restriction, making them play and enjoy the game more than being afk most of the time and once he achieve that level, he'll be free to drill/loot anytime.

I've only said  this in favor of changing the ms/galder rate back to its average state, Not to get rid of those AFK bots during events.

Also getting rid of driller boy will also affect some players, especially for those who use them on quest(especially episode quest)  and to the novice who will also use the extra quest item for profit.

If there's a way to get rid of those drilling mules then the game should not allow to be played in multiple windows/clients or set a limit of 3(maybe 5). "Yes, I know some will also be affected"

Anyway I'm only trying to explain my statement and make things clear on what I'd said. But I have to admit that some of your statement you'd just said does have a point. 

Good Day and Cheers. :) 

BRUhmQq.gif

AkiraOokami

AkiraOokami

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Location幻想郷
  • IGN:RagnaBarrett
  • Class:unknow
  • Level:unknow

Cutting in half the price of ores maybe will reduce number of afk driller but, I'm pretty sure there's players who will try to abuse more and double numbers of afk drillers to compensate for half of the galders lost by cutting the price.

(When I was GM of a private server of ragnarok, some players were abusing afking multiple accounts on gold hunt room with auto attack homunculus, so we decided to cut in half the price of golds but, in a week the numbers multiple accounts afking has doubled.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter which game, which server, where you or they are, there will always someone to try to abuse any way.

If we can not end with all abusers, we can reduce numbers of abuse without harm other players with selfish ideas.

Let's think well, we have two problems:

1- players abusing the drilling event  afking with multiple accounts.

2- players abusing afk drilling with multible accounts on tap. mine for galders.

There are 2 problems with same reason but different situation.

1- Drilling event:

• we can limit max 5~7 accounts will be eligible to receive the prizes, 8 or above will not receive any prizes.

Requires at least done 10 times monster quest to be eligible to receive the prizes.

• mix drilling event with normal quest and monster quest to make the event more fun.

2- Tap. mine:

• add a monster quest (x10 red or blue salamander) on NPC to transfer to tap. mine. Everytime you leave the map, you have to do moster quest again (idea based on boss trial quest)

*adding monster quest will reduce a few number of multiple accounts afk drilling.

*requires to hunt high level monster will reduce more number of low levels multiple accounts afk drilling.

• make the map with limited time. I have 2 ideas:

1. Every 30 minutes or 1 hour all players in the map will automatically transferred to the gate of Tapasco Volcano, to enter again you have to wait X minutes. (Idea based on fiesta zone maps.)

2. Create a ticket to transfer to tap.mine for 1 hour. After 1 hour, the player will automatically be transferred to Gate of Tapasco Volcano. You can use the ticket X times a day. (Idea based on fiesta's system.)

These are just some ideas that can help to sort out the problem a bit.

• Paige likes this

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1117 posts
  • IGN:

1- Drilling event:

• we can limit max 5~7 accounts will be eligible to receive the prizes, 8 or above will not receive any prizes.

5~7 is actually still a bit of a stretch to be honest. It's still a lot when you think about it. It should be limited to 3~5 only.

• AkiraOokami likes this

AkiraOokami

AkiraOokami

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Location幻想郷
  • IGN:RagnaBarrett
  • Class:unknow
  • Level:unknow

5~7 is actually still a bit of a stretch to be honest. It's still a lot when you think about it. It should be limited to 3~5 only.

You're right, limited to 5 accounts will be better.

Alumine

Alumine

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • IGN:Glass

Sounds like MS/galder is going to drop so I might as well rev up my afk drills and stock up on galders. I mean, at this point there already are a bunch of people with 20+ drilling alts afk drilling at once. Most of them are already super rich while normal players might just leave their main drilling while they go to work or class for a bit more income. The way I see it, stopping afk drilling will just keep the multi-account drillers incredibly rich and the normal players will be kept poorer since a lot of their potential income has just disappeared. I don't really see a balancing solution to this other than limiting the number of associated accounts that a person has. Changing level limits still only hinders normal players as these drill swarms are all base level 250+/TM 300+.

I know back in eTO they banned players with an excessive amount of "associated accounts". I'm sure it isn't hard to trace with a bit of effort, if anything just checking the galder selling page, you can see people trying to get rid of their billions of galders to convert it into MS. Realistically, one person shouldn't need more than 5 associated accounts, one of each class type for a self-made royal party and another one for grace. Even then having 5 is more of a stretch for hardcore players, what are you doing with 5+ accounts? This solves a lot of problems, balances out the economy, and prevents future event exploitation. Still, the super rich people with a ton of alts still remains, but I guess nothing will be done about them anyways unless the staff take a hard stance on it, which I highly doubt given the identity of these drill swarm owners.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: event, abuse, drilling, afk