3xJApril

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • IGN:-1
  • Class:High
  • Level:13

Man, i dont wanna read through all the paragraphs, but I'd suggest the same thing I saw

Like maybe 3-5 max accounts per IP. Anything more is a no. '-' idk how hard it'll be to implement that though

or maybe a maximum of 3 clients per laptop haha.. unless they have 10 computers.. well, 30 afk drills = rip bills

Check out what I'm selling:

Shop 1

Shop 2

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3566 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief
  • Level:400

Thank you for all the comments. There does not seem to be much consensus about what to do next. The suggestion for hunting event is good but vague. As I stated in Patch Note, I have concern about hunting events because of players using AoE that will hog the monsters in a map and lower level players or those without AoE won't be able to even get a hit on monsters. This happened when we had boss summon event before (you don't want to know how much complaints I received about that!).

Regarding PvP event, the last time Impy organised this event, participants didn't follow the rules and the event ended up being scrapped. I am open to suggestions on PvP but do work with my mods on your suggestions. Talk to Impy, Mizzo, Keyos, Hiroto. Timer. I think those are the mods that do PvP.

Thank you all, once again, for your comments.  

• andypandy123, bluesly and wellanie like this

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • IGN:Orange
  • Class:PvP Guru
  • Level:Enough

Thank you for all the comments. There does not seem to be much consensus about what to do next. The suggestion for hunting event is good but vague. As I stated in Patch Note, I have concern about hunting events because of players using AoE that will hog the monsters in a map and lower level players or those without AoE won't be able to even get a hit on monsters. This happened when we had boss summon event before (you don't want to know how much complaints I received about that!).

Regarding PvP event, the last time Impy organised this event, participants didn't follow the rules and the event ended up being scrapped. I am open to suggestions on PvP but do work with my mods on your suggestions. Talk to Impy, Mizzo, Keyos, Hiroto. Timer. I think those are the mods that do PvP.

Thank you all, once again, for your comments.

ImperiouS event was good initiative but it was hosted in open field and it wasn't very "official". Maybe taking it to field 3 would make it a little more organized... However still doesn't feel official.

There are creative ways of rewarding competitive players and encouraging players to start being competitive and bringing back some old players. Instead of summoning Ed in pvp which was nearly impossible to defeat without a guardian, and with horrible rewards, we could summon bosses into these fields and players fight each other to get the boss kill and perhaps the drop.

An NPC that spawns every 30min-1hour (just like for count blood) and the first person to talk to that NPC gets a reward. Hence people will fight for that reward.

A PvP drill event, put some sort of ticket drillable inside pvp room 1 and 2 and let people fight for the drilled item.

As for hunting events, there are really easy ways to include strong event monsters with monster quests and good rewards. Drill events are good but not more than twice a year.

Stealing fire from Mt. Olympus like its no big deal.

~Prometheus                              

TROLLOLOGY

TROLLOLOGY

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • IGN:EXPLOSIVE or DragonMcCloud
  • Class:Saiyan
  • Level:9999

just my thought on this topic, if i ever have more than 5 account on trickster i would need to get a life or kill myself . this is crazy hearing people having 10+ accounts.. like wtf is wrong with them >_<.

• bluesly likes this

Khloebunni

Khloebunni

Fallen Khloe - Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Locationtwitch khloebunni
  • IGN:Queen • Khloë
  • Class:Streamer
  • Level:400k

just my thought on this topic, if i ever have more than 5 account on trickster i would need to get a life or kill myself . this is crazy hearing people having 10+ accounts.. like wtf is wrong with them >_<.

Nothing is wrong with them. This is their hobby, and they care a lot about it. Don't insult others just because you aren't as serious about it.

• MrSlaughter likes this
Posted Image

~. Honor and respect one another .~

IMOGEN

IMOGEN

Selfie Master 2016 & GM Winner #3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • IGN:Lovecraft

How about an event that's similar to the poppuri or dice event we had a while back--where the player collects boxes that have a chance of dropping an exchange ticket--but the difference this time is that the item is ONLY dropped by generic monsters and CANNOT be drilled up?

This could also be a way to motivate players to level up more & can even be run at the same time as another level achievement event, since getting the items would involve leveling up from kill exp.

I remember for both pop & dice events I was grinding in CT and the drop rate was so good that I ended up getting more than enough rewards that I needed. 

IGN: CAESAR / LOVECRAFT / PIETA / GIANNI

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • IGN:LinaInverse
  • Class:Witch
  • Level:400

Okay, as someone who has been on this server for quite awhile and active (at least somewhat) most of that time, there is something I legitimately do not understand.  Maybe someone who has also been here for awhile and is more knowledgeable, can shed some light on this for me.

What the heck happened?  We've had drilling events on this server for a long time.  It used to be normal for people to have maybe 2-3 drillers.  6 was considered high and semi-abusive.  It has gotten to the point where it is nearly impossible to "compete" or frankly, play this game, without absurd quantities of galder.   You know, the kind that, lets say, you can only get with armies of 20+ drillers.  I'm honestly glad I did most of what I wanted to do 2+ years ago now, because even my attempts to try to actually "play" again have resulted in hitting a brick wall that I cannot afford the outlandish prices people charge for things.

It feels like this has turned into an afk driller arms race.  You have to keep upping the ante to even participate.  I do not blame people who participate in this, infact, I get it.  Why not do it if it benefits you, especially when it's just so easy?  And I'm sure it generates money for the server, so whatever floats people's boats I guess, but this issue goes way beyond this specific event; and everyone knows it.  Address the issue as a whole, or accept that this is the normal-case now.

Another great one.  If admin/GM/mods give out stuff they think is "too" generous they complain it "breaks the economy".  If they don't give out "nice enough stuff" they get beaten up for "this isn't very good stuff boohoo, we used to get nice things".  I feel like I'm trapped in Trickster Groundhog day.  (The reference to "groundhog day" is a cycle of repetition over and over again, if you don't know the reference <3)

Don't read into this too much or anything.  I don't really have an opinion.  I've fairly unconditionally trusted the staff to do what they think is right.  They certainly have more information than I do and I'm not so arrogant to presume I know better.  I'm just kinda tired of the same few things happening over and over and people acting surprised or confused.

Full disclosure:  I'm not participating in the event, as I have no use for stuff anymore.

Alright, I'll put away my Grumpy-Old-Lady soapbox now.

• TROLLOLOGY, Raia, bluesly and 1 other like this

nnhbinh

nnhbinh

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

This is the most problem in EVERY game now.Gold farmers and millionaires will ruin your mood sooner or later.I think its not all their fault.Since the beginning of trickster, there was nothing like AFK drilling,driller boy.You guy kept yelling: "oh, it take age to dig bloody rune, it take years to dig that".Then NTREEV created driller boy,this game ruined. I dont protect farmers or flame them but at least they DO contribute the game: they pay those driller boy by cash.There is 2 side of the coin,they take advance but they donate.It like business,you invest something to earn back other.How can we complain it?

• MrSlaughter likes this

bluesly

bluesly

Cat Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationCat Den
  • IGN:TwinPaw
  • Class:Thief Master
  • Level:191

This is the most problem in EVERY game now.Gold farmers and millionaires will ruin your mood sooner or later.I think its not all their fault.Since the beginning of trickster, there was nothing like AFK drilling,driller boy.You guy kept yelling: "oh, it take age to dig bloody rune, it take years to dig that".Then NTREEV created driller boy,this game ruined. I dont protect farmers or flame them but at least they DO contribute the game: they pay those driller boy by cash.There is 2 side of the coin,they take advance but they donate.It like business,you invest something to earn back other.How can we complain it?

But are they really playing the game or just playing the market? Are they actually interacting with players or just throwing money and have it done automatically for them without doing the work themselves? Driller boy did help with the Bloody Rune of Fate, as it will take hours or days or maybe even weeks to find one and help bring that item into the market for those that don't want to waste their time or galders on countless drills for one item for a story quest (if they can afford the jewel that is). That's like one of the only legitimate reasons to use a driller boy: finding a hard-to-find quest item that would take hours at least to find if lucky if not longer, and not many players want to just drill one space at a time just for one item that is very rare, it can be tedious and frustrating, but would be worth getting it on your own than buying one.

HOWEVER, and hopefully you're paying attention this time, most people are using Driller Boys NOT for quest items, but to gain a huge amount of TM from them AND play the market than the game itself. Why you think 1kms is 11mil now? (Saw someone selling ms for that much a few days ago, really hope that person was off by a few mil.) Inflation due to overuse of Driller Boy. Not only that, but most rather throw money at driller boy for everything instead of doing it themselves. Like this event for example, there's at least one person who has like 5 or so accounts of 3rd job lions in "Scream" masks and rTO wings with identical names all using driller boy (and someone claimed they have the right to earn the prize that amount of times just because they're high level). You might see them in Tap or possibly (haven't checked in about a week) Gate of Poppuri where it was DC-nation for about the first week or so because, and guess what, AFK Drillers flooded that area ALONE. Good luck trying to go to Poppuri without DCing, let alone attempt to relog in and not DC immediately. Needed to roll like a 20 on the die to stay connected.

While the driller boy does have practical use for it, it's instead being exploited and causes issues for EVERYONE whether financially or while trying to play the game. I much prefer restrictions on driller boy than have it removed, if that means anything, and encourage people to manual drill instead for most things. If the AFK Drilling was at a low or minimum, we wouldn't be discussing this let alone have an issue with it, now would we?

So tell me again "How can we complaint it?" when this is happening in the game. Are you not paying much attention to what's going on, or are you saying AFK Drilling is benefiting everyone and everything and not cause any problems what so ever to the players and the economy? I would love to hear your response to this, and to show everyone, not just say, but show it's doing good more than harm.

Book Hunter

Currently searching in Rose Garden (Johan's Story).

I proudly do my own drilling.

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

But are they really playing the game or just playing the market? Are they actually interacting with players or just throwing money and have it done automatically for them without doing the work themselves? Driller boy did help with the Bloody Rune of Fate, as it will take hours or days or maybe even weeks to find one and help bring that item into the market for those that don't want to waste their time or galders on countless drills for one item for a story quest (if they can afford the jewel that is). That's like one of the only legitimate reasons to use a driller boy: finding a hard-to-find quest item that would take hours at least to find if lucky if not longer, and not many players want to just drill one space at a time just for one item that is very rare, it can be tedious and frustrating, but would be worth getting it on your own than buying one.

HOWEVER, and hopefully you're paying attention this time, most people are using Driller Boys NOT for quest items, but to gain a huge amount of TM from them AND play the market than the game itself. Why you think 1kms is 11mil now? (Saw someone selling ms for that much a few days ago, really hope that person was off by a few mil.) Inflation due to overuse of Driller Boy. Not only that, but most rather throw money at driller boy for everything instead of doing it themselves. Like this event for example, there's at least one person who has like 5 or so accounts of 3rd job lions in "Scream" masks and rTO wings with identical names all using driller boy (and someone claimed they have the right to earn the prize that amount of times just because they're high level). You might see them in Tap or possibly (haven't checked in about a week) Gate of Poppuri where it was DC-nation for about the first week or so because, and guess what, AFK Drillers flooded that area ALONE. Good luck trying to go to Poppuri without DCing, let alone attempt to relog in and not DC immediately. Needed to roll like a 20 on the die to stay connected.

While the driller boy does have practical use for it, it's instead being exploited and causes issues for EVERYONE whether financially or while trying to play the game. I much prefer restrictions on driller boy than have it removed, if that means anything, and encourage people to manual drill instead for most things. If the AFK Drilling was at a low or minimum, we wouldn't be discussing this let alone have an issue with it, now would we?

So tell me again "How can we complaint it?" when this is happening in the game. Are you not paying much attention to what's going on, or are you saying AFK Drilling is benefiting everyone and everything and not cause any problems what so ever to the players and the economy? I would love to hear your response to this, and to show everyone, not just say, but show it's doing good more than harm.

1. "Are they really playing the game or are they playing the market?" 
Mate, every single mmorpg game you are going to play, you will find people who play the market. These people are called merchers (merchant). These people are good for the economy as they pump in the game a lot of galders. Back when the server started, 300k was a lot of money, as the second person to have created a guild in this server (I preferred to spend my first million on going second job, rather than creating a guild) I know how hard it was to do this. However, people pumping galders in the economy is beneficial for everyone. Example: beginners can better afford their potions and equipments rather than complain about how they can barely afford these things.

2."Saw someone selling Myshop for 1k/11m"

You are rarely going to find someone that sells an item/good for lower than the market value. I can say that I am willing to sell 1k Myshop for 20m galders, doesn't mean that 1k MS = 20m now. That person must have had a really hard time finding someone to buy his MS.

3."Most people using driller boy not for quest items but for playing the market"

So youre saying that if I were to make a fox, AFK drill in the bloody rune map to massively collect bloody, then play the market. That would be oke?  

4. "Are you saying driller boy is being more beneficial to the game?"

Yes I am, people can quest a lot easier. People can afford more things. People can gain TM experience (very slow way via AFK drilling/ MQ and Card Quests are much more efficient). The only reason why we see so much harm with driller boy is because the events make it exploitable, the event make it so that people prefer not to play the game and abuse the event as much as possible in order to have as many rewards as possible. Does that sound messed up? Sure it does, but its part of the game and if someone is willing to put all that time/effort and money into doing event on 10 chars + then let them. In a game where a lot of Equip Enhancing Items must be payed for, it is important for the Game Masters to give back to the community. The problem is the frequency of these events, since I have been back to the server around 5 months ago, I have witnessed 3 drilling events. (2Dice events and this one). This is too much. I have suggested drilling events twice a year. (1x in summer break/1x in winter break as most players come back to the game then). I have also suggested other (non-abuse-able) events for GMs to give away good items, but thats in Patch 03-03-2017 and earlier in this thread.

~Prometheus                              

bluesly

bluesly

Cat Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationCat Den

1. "Are they really playing the game or are they playing the market?" 
Mate, every single mmorpg game you are going to play, you will find people who play the market. These people are called merchers (merchant). These people are good for the economy as they pump in the game a lot of galders. Back when the server started, 300k was a lot of money, as the second person to have created a guild in this server (I preferred to spend my first million on going second job, rather than creating a guild) I know how hard it was to do this. However, people pumping galders in the economy is beneficial for everyone. Example: beginners can better afford their potions and equipments rather than complain about how they can barely afford these things.

2."Saw someone selling Myshop for 1k/11m"
You are rarely going to find someone that sells an item/good for lower than the market value. I can say that I am willing to sell 1k Myshop for 20m galders, doesn't mean that 1k MS = 20m now. That person must have had a really hard time finding someone to buy his MS.

3."Most people using driller boy not for quest items but for playing the market"
So youre saying that if I were to make a fox, AFK drill in the bloody rune map to massively collect bloody, then play the market. That would be oke?  

4. "Are you saying driller boy is being more beneficial to the game?"
Yes I am, people can quest a lot easier. People can afford more things. People can gain TM experience (very slow way via AFK drilling/ MQ and Card Quests are much more efficient). The only reason why we see so much harm with driller boy is because the events make it exploitable, the event make it so that people prefer not to play the game and abuse the event as much as possible in order to have as many rewards as possible. Does that sound messed up? Sure it does, but its part of the game and if someone is willing to put all that time/effort and money into doing event on 10 chars + then let them. In a game where a lot of Equip Enhancing Items must be payed for, it is important for the Game Masters to give back to the community. The problem is the frequency of these events, since I have been back to the server around 5 months ago, I have witnessed 3 drilling events. (2Dice events and this one). This is too much. I have suggested drilling events twice a year. (1x in summer break/1x in winter break as most players come back to the game then). I have also suggested other (non-abuse-able) events for GMs to give away good items, but thats in Patch 03-03-2017 and earlier in this thread.

1. What's the ratio difference between those who play the market and those who actually play the game? If the ratio is lower on the market, good, however if the ratio is higher on the market, then we got a problem thus this discussion. You're making me sound like I hate merchants, wrong. They help, yes to an extent, but when there's too many merchants than players, low interaction and inflation of prices, then we have an issue that has been developing for who knows how long that must be addressed and so far looks like it's from Driller Boy by excessive AFK Drilling.

2. Just the day before I saw that I heard 1k was 7mil on average, so that guy was going a bit high. However, you willing to sell 1kms for 20m galders is adding TO the problem, you realize that right? You will be telling people that the price for points has increased or might be the cause of the sudden increase. If the guy was having trouble finding a buyer for his MS, why would they increase the price in galders instead of lowering the price or add more MS to it? I don't know if he started at 1kms for 11mil or if that was a change, I just happened to notice that one day.

3. What are you going on about...? Bloody Rune of Fate is a very hard-to-find item that isn't in the market very often or in large quantities, usually in quantities less than 5 on average per player shop at price ranges in the few mils (no higher than 5mil usually). Only people who want to buy that stone is if they're on the story quest or will soon be on that character to save time for themselves, which makes it a bit difficult to sell. That's one of the few things that actually helps players if they can afford it and to continue on with the story.

Who said anything about a fox?!

4. I was asking the person I quoted, not you, but thank you for your input nonetheless.

There's a huge unbalance between afk drilling and manual drilling. Must I point out Gate of Poppuri again? I will as you don't seem to understand the issue at hand here, still. Do you know how you can get 1501 without causing problems to others? Do a small portion, per day, till the end of the event. It'll take a few hours a day, depending where you're drilling and how much you're aiming for per day, but at least you won't be adding to the problem of AFK drilling. I get 50 tourmalines a day by drilling them myself since the start of the event, and I'm at 500 right now; I'm already 1/3 away! Isn't that amazing? Also, this drilling event is NOT a race to 1501 by the end of the event, so explain to me why we must endure 50+ afk drillers in one map that want to get them quicker than anyone else when that's really meaningless to do unless they started mid or late of the event (which they haven't)?

Also, show me one person who is doing the event without a driller boy on "10+ characters", then we'll talk about "time & effort", otherwise it's just money thrown to be lazy with no work done from them just so they can get extra prizes that they may not even deserve but just once.

"In a game where a lot of Equip Enhancing Items must be payed for, it is important for the Game Masters to give back to the community."

And apparently we have a guy who has 100 accounts for afk drilling, taking full advantage of it in a negative light potentially just for profit, full exploiting the GM's generosity. Do you not see the issue here with afk drillers yet or do I need to paint you a mural and have it outside your window with flashy lights and colors and shout at you with a megaphone? Because you are not LISTENING or grasping the issue at hand but fully dismissing it like it's not an issue and trying to legitimize AFK Drilling as a whole, that's what I'm getting from you. If that's what you're doing, then what's the point of even discussing this with you if you're refusing to listen let alone reach a compromise? You won't even acknowledge the issue but instead turn it around like it's still a good thing or at the very least low play it.

Please explain what a non-abusive-event is, as it seems all event ideas and concepts can be exploited as I've heard.

Book Hunter

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Also, show me one person who is doing the event without a driller boy on "10+ characters", then we'll talk about "time & effort", otherwise it's just money thrown to be lazy with no work done from them just so they can get extra prizes that they may not even deserve but just once.

"In a game where a lot of Equip Enhancing Items must be payed for, it is important for the Game Masters to give back to the community."

And apparently we have a guy who has 100 accounts for afk drilling, taking full advantage of it in a negative light potentially just for profit, full exploiting the GM's generosity. Do you not see the issue here with afk drillers yet or do I need to paint you a mural and have it outside your window with flashy lights and colors and shout at you with a megaphone? Because you are not LISTENING or grasping the issue at hand but fully dismissing it like it's not an issue and trying to legitimize AFK Drilling as a whole, that's what I'm getting from you. If that's what you're doing, then what's the point of even discussing this with you if you're refusing to listen let alone reach a compromise? You won't even acknowledge the issue but instead turn it around like it's still a good thing or at the very least low play it.

Please explain what a non-abusive-event is, as it seems all event ideas and concepts can be exploited as I've heard.

1. "Show me one person who is doing the event on 10+ accounts without driller boy" + "theres a guy that is doing it on 100 accounts"

If a person is willing to spend more than 12 hours straight to drill 1501+ tourmaline (per account) then he or she needs to re-consider. The rewards given are not that "generous" that a person should want to spend 12 hours manually drilling 1500 tourmalines. With a driller boy it took me on average 2-3 days. Thats with 200+ DA and enough WT to not have to re-start my drilling every 2hours. Now imagine those doing it with lv 30 chars that barely have 10DA. Itll take them around 5-6 days per account while having to consult their character every 1hour to ditch all used up drills and coins and potions. 

2. "Do you not see the issue here with afk drillers yet or do I need to paint you a mural and have it outside your window with flashy lights and colors and shout at you with a megaphone?"

No need to be rude, I have played this game for long enough to realize what is going on, and what people are capable of doing. As I have argued earlier, the driller boy isnt the issue, its the abuseable events that are the issue. 

3. "Please explain what a non-abusive-event is, as it seems all event ideas and concepts can be exploited as I've heard."

Well first of all, all PvP and GvG events I have suggested cannot really be exploited as there is a cap to those rewards. (Such as a time cap for the NPC spawn idea and such).

Second of all, you could easily implement an event similar to what has been done before such as the Mosquito event or w.e but then for better rewards, similar to the current rewards. 

If you are unaware of mosquito event or any other typical trickster event, it involves a set of MQs, drillable quest items and hunted quest items. The difficulty of these events can very simply be adjusted (Strong mobs/Few mobs/Rare drop/Rare drill questitems). Rewards can be just as generous as the drilling events that are currently being hosted, but to obtain the reward, you must actually be active in hunting these monsters etc etc.

Sure these events will still be "abuse-able" but the person will have to spend all that time actively hunting in order to obtain reward. (Solves the issue of just purchasing driller boy and going AFK).

If driller boy is such an issue, maybe do like eTO. Release the pet only once or twice a year? Instead of having it permanently in MyShop.

Overall I get the impression that you are very much agaisnt driller boy because you do not own one yourself? Or your internet/computer does not allow you to afk drill? Not many people oppose the driller boy concept... that is new to me lol... 

~Prometheus                              

bluesly

bluesly

Cat Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationCat Den

1. "Show me one person who is doing the event on 10+ accounts without driller boy" + "theres a guy that is doing it on 100 accounts"
If a person is willing to spend more than 12 hours straight to drill 1501+ tourmaline (per account) then he or she needs to re-consider. The rewards given are not that "generous" that a person should want to spend 12 hours manually drilling 1500 tourmalines. With a driller boy it took me on average 2-3 days. Thats with 200+ DA and enough WT to not have to re-start my drilling every 2hours. Now imagine those doing it with lv 30 chars that barely have 10DA. Itll take them around 5-6 days per account while having to consult their character every 1hour to ditch all used up drills and coins and potions. 

2. "Do you not see the issue here with afk drillers yet or do I need to paint you a mural and have it outside your window with flashy lights and colors and shout at you with a megaphone?"
No need to be rude, I have played this game for long enough to realize what is going on, and what people are capable of doing. As I have argued earlier, the driller boy isnt the issue, its the abuseable events that are the issue. 

3. "Please explain what a non-abusive-event is, as it seems all event ideas and concepts can be exploited as I've heard."
Well first of all, all PvP and GvG events I have suggested cannot really be exploited as there is a cap to those rewards. (Such as a time cap for the NPC spawn idea and such).

Second of all, you could easily implement an event similar to what has been done before such as the Mosquito event or w.e but then for better rewards, similar to the current rewards. 

If you are unaware of mosquito event or any other typical trickster event, it involves a set of MQs, drillable quest items and hunted quest items. The difficulty of these events can very simply be adjusted (Strong mobs/Few mobs/Rare drop/Rare drill questitems). Rewards can be just as generous as the drilling events that are currently being hosted, but to obtain the reward, you must actually be active in hunting these monsters etc etc.
Sure these events will still be "abuse-able" but the person will have to spend all that time actively hunting in order to obtain reward. (Solves the issue of just purchasing driller boy and going AFK).

1. AFK Drilling on those 100 accounts, mind you... However you're not showing me anything but telling me a possibility and example, but no facts. Please try again. (Also you only need 90 DA minimum for drilling successfully, any less and it's bit of a crap shoot if you found something or not.)

2. Yeah, via driller boy is the reason they're "abusable events". The Driller boy IS the issue, not the events themselves. If it wasn't for the Driller Boy, the events wouldn't be abused, now would they?

Overall I get the impression that you are very much agaisnt driller boy because you do not own one yourself? Or your internet/computer does not allow you to afk drill? Not many people oppose the driller boy concept... that is new to me lol...

WOW... had to pry my head from the desk with a crowbar after reading THAT.

I don't own one nor do I want one.

I prefer manual drilling than it being done automatically as it makes the TM leveling more valuing for me because I worked for it myself with my own time, patience, and effort to clear out mobs on a good spot to drill or deal with any stragglers that come close to me that interrupt or interfere with my drilling.

Whatever coupons I dig up, I use them instead of tossing them (waste not want not); whatever use, equip, or etc. item I don't need or has no purpose, especially old or strong or art gear, via drilling, I sell them (usually equips) or leave them on the ground for someone else to grab (usually quest items or potions unless the vendor buys them with a little more value than they're worth, not always though).

Only reason I'm against AFK Drilling is because there's too much use of the Driller Boy and it's showing to cause trouble for players like, and yes again, Gate of Poppuri and inflating the market prices. It may have been good from the start, but now it's doing more harm than good.

When AFK Drilling, you can find yourself stuck in one spot when AFK Drilling for quite some time (either by environment or monster(s)), or someone could drill ahead of you and get the items, leaving you with nothing or less than you hoped for. Unless you're by your computer monitoring, nothing you can do about it and I believe there's no rule against it (prove me wrong though on that one.)

However when manual drilling, you won't get stuck in the same small area for hours on end in an endless loop, if someone is interfering you can move to another spot or area to avoid them (and if they're pretty much stalking you, report them after you made attempts to shake them off), and you can deal with monsters that are interrupting you if you're not a sense type or if you are a sense type you can deal with them if you have low LK, DP, and/or HV.

Am I able to AFK drill if I wanted to for long periods of time? Yes, yes I can. However, I choose NOT to as I feel, and unless it's to help me find a very rare item like the Bloody Rune of Fate or similar, it's just lazy and meaningless to buy/use/recharge when there's not much benefit to it than the cons I've just pointed out. I wouldn't feel comfortable using a Driller Boy in any other way.

I could throw in a few theories why many are not oppose of the concept of AFK Drilling, but that's already made clear by now, hasn't it?

However, I would much prefer if AFK Drilling decreased to a respectable level at the very least than it is now.

Do I wish Driller Boy never existed? Maybe. The idea sounded good on paper but bad in practice. Do I want Driller Boy gone for good? No, it gives revenue to the server, but there's too much benefit for the player than manual drilling. As for your thought of "Driller Boy once or twice a year", I feel that's pointless to do at this time but might be worth a shot, but I don't have any other input on that at this time.

Book Hunter

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

1. AFK Drilling on those 100 accounts, mind you... However you're not showing me anything but telling me a possibility and example, but no facts. Please try again. (Also you only need 90 DA minimum for drilling successfully, any less and it's bit of a crap shoot if you found something or not.)

2. Yeah, via driller boy is the reason they're "abusable events". The Driller boy IS the issue, not the events themselves. If it wasn't for the Driller Boy, the events wouldn't be abused, now would they?

When AFK Drilling, you can find yourself stuck in one spot when AFK Drilling for quite some time (either by environment or monster(s)), or someone could drill ahead of you and get the items, leaving you with nothing or less than you hoped for. Unless you're by your computer monitoring, nothing you can do about it and I believe there's no rule against it (prove me wrong though on that one.)

1. "you're not showing me anything but telling me a possibility and example, but no facts. Please try again."

I dont need to try anything again. Its a fact that it took me around 2-3 days of non-stop drilling for each of my 4 accounts (whilst 200+ DA and a heavy bag and faster drills), I cant even start to imagine how much time it is taking these lv 30 characters with less than 20 DA to drill up the total of 1500 tourmaline. Im assuming around 5-6 days of AFK drilling, whilst needing to consult Trickster every 1-2 hours throughout each of those 5-6 days as their WT is below 6000. (They dont even use the moon bracelet lv 30)

2kkc2r.png

If they are willing to put all that time and effort in the event, and you are not? That's your problem. but then we go back into the same old discussion of "Drill events are fine, but not more than twice a year"

2."Yeah, via driller boy is the reason they're "abusable events". The Driller boy IS the issue, not the events themselves.

That reasoning is so damn flawed. These people wouldn't be AFK drilling on 100 mules for a PvP event now would they? Instead of cutting down the drilling events to a small fixed number a year, you wanna ruin the game for everyone and remove driller boy? (or any other measures that impact the AFK drilling). 

3. "When AFK Drilling, you can find yourself stuck in one spot when AFK Drilling for quite some time (either by environment or monster(s)), or someone could drill ahead of you and get the items, leaving you with nothing or less than you hoped for."

I don't see why anyone would waste time and do that to you, unless you're hated. As a very hated person in this server myself (due to numerous wars I have participated in) that has never happened to me, so I guess you'll do just fine. 

Why would you care if you are stuck in one spot while AFK drilling? You're gone anyways, you wouldn't even be drilling if it weren't for the driller boy. Stop being so pessimistic regarding the few content we have. 

If you are unable to AFK drill for any reason that you may have, that sucks. Just don't try to ruin it for everyone else. I have made my points and I am just running circles with you, I am done arguing with you about this issue. Now I just need to argue you with you again regarding our PvP event suggestions lol.

~Prometheus                              

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

3. What are you going on about...? Bloody Rune of Fate is a very hard-to-find item that isn't in the market very often or in large quantities, usually in quantities less than 5 on average per player shop at price ranges in the few mils (no higher than 5mil usually). 

29w2wp2.png

This is just to show you how people play the market regardless. With events, quest items. Its just part of the MMORPG concept. 

Ok ok. Now I am really done replying to this thread.  :lol:  :D

~Prometheus                              

nnhbinh

nnhbinh

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Why do you guys so serious about it?This is just a game and all you do is enjoy it.

Why are many chinese and korean game with "auto" button and auto-everything so popular but original game like trickster or ragnarok die?Because people  have less and less time.Most of player must drop the keyboard to earn money now,then they use money to fill up the time lacking.

Everything have 2 sides : you can use knife to cut food or you can use it to kill people.Thats your choice.Event popuri, driller boy or afk drilling style follow that rule.

Flannel

Flannel

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • IGN:Flannel
  • Class:Wizard

The main issue is driller pets. They honestly make the game lazier and easier, because the game then plays itself for you.

Become the wings of rebellion, that breaketh thy chains of captivity.

Raia

Raia

Desert Beach Explorer

• Special Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • IGN:Araiana

If the people behind rTO want to host more drilling events in the future, what I could think of is that there should be an increase on the level restriction of participants in said events. (Like level 120 or so.) And close all mines for newbie players to avoid the instant leveling by drilling. (This has, frankly, also defeated the purpose of actually playing the game, because people don't level by questing anymore, they level just by afking) And yeah, the afk drillers in Tap Mine, I must say, have gone out of control and has ruined the economy of the game. But I'm all up to whatever the staff team could think of for the betterment of this server. :)

P.S. Hunting event sounds fun! :P

Posted Image

bluesly

bluesly

Cat Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationCat Den

1. "you're not showing me anything but telling me a possibility and example, but no facts. Please try again."
I dont need to try anything again. Its a fact that it took me around 2-3 days of non-stop drilling for each of my 4 accounts (whilst 200+ DA and a heavy bag and faster drills), I cant even start to imagine how much time it is taking these lv 30 characters with less than 20 DA to drill up the total of 1500 tourmaline. Im assuming around 5-6 days of AFK drilling, whilst needing to consult Trickster every 1-2 hours throughout each of those 5-6 days as their WT is below 6000. (They dont even use the moon bracelet lv 30)

If they are willing to put all that time and effort in the event, and you are not? That's your problem. but then we go back into the same old discussion of "Drill events are fine, but not more than twice a year"

2."Yeah, via driller boy is the reason they're "abusable events". The Driller boy IS the issue, not the events themselves." 
That reasoning is so damn flawed. These people wouldn't be AFK drilling on 100 mules for a PvP event now would they? Instead of cutting down the drilling events to a small fixed number a year, you wanna ruin the game for everyone and remove driller boy? (or any other measures that impact the AFK drilling). 

3. "When AFK Drilling, you can find yourself stuck in one spot when AFK Drilling for quite some time (either by environment or monster(s)), or someone could drill ahead of you and get the items, leaving you with nothing or less than you hoped for."

I don't see why anyone would waste time and do that to you, unless you're hated. As a very hated person in this server myself (due to numerous wars I have participated in) that has never happened to me, so I guess you'll do just fine. 

Why would you care if you are stuck in one spot while AFK drilling? You're gone anyways, you wouldn't even be drilling if it weren't for the driller boy. Stop being so pessimistic regarding the few content we have. 

If you are unable to AFK drill for any reason that you may have, that sucks. Just don't try to ruin it for everyone else. I have made my points and I am just running circles with you, I am done arguing with you about this issue. Now I just need to argue you with you again regarding our PvP event suggestions lol.

1. All I see is two characters for AFK Drilling, or at the very least are mules... (Don't need 200 DA to drill with full success, just 90). Again, not showing me a person with 10+ characters manually drilling as I've asked for. Care to try again one more time?

Must I reminder you that it is NOT a race to get 1501? So drilling that much in that short amount of time is meaningless, even to newbies, which doesn't prove anything. In fact I don't know what you're trying to prove with this...

2. Wow... you are not reading my posts all the way through, are you? Let me quote this for you and move onto the next point...

Do I wish Driller Boy never existed? Maybe. The idea sounded good on paper but bad in practice. Do I want Driller Boy gone for good? No, it gives revenue to the server, but there's too much benefit for the player than manual drilling. As for your thought of "Driller Boy once or twice a year", I feel that's pointless to do at this time but might be worth a shot, but I don't have any other input on that at this time.

3. Have you ever heard of the concept called "Trolling"? Don't have to hate someone to do that.

Why would I care if I was stuck in one spot while AFK Drilling? You know those pets are time limited, right? If I came back and notice I was stuck in one spot for who knows how long, I would be rather annoyed by that. Not only that, but the input would've halted as well giving me less than I was expecting or hoping for. And it's good to know my opinions are a threat to you...

You also don't need a driller pet to drill, what are you talking about? Hit D, click on a spot, and you're drilling. Isn't that an interesting concept~?

And once again you didn't read my post through, so have another quote...

Am I able to AFK drill if I wanted to for long periods of time? Yes, yes I can. However, I choose NOT to as I feel, and unless it's to help me find a very rare item like the Bloody Rune of Fate or similar, it's just lazy and meaningless to buy/use/recharge when there's not much benefit to it than the cons I've just pointed out. I wouldn't feel comfortable using a Driller Boy in any other way.

Not a matter of "If i'm able to or not" it's a matter of "do I want to or not". I did give it a few good things, mind you if you bothered to read my posts all the way through: It did give the economy a boost and it's good to find hard-to-find items like the Bloody Rune of Fate, that's pretty much the only good qualities of it.

29w2wp2.png

This is just to show you how people play the market regardless. With events, quest items. Its just part of the MMORPG concept. 

Ok ok. Now I am really done replying to this thread.  :lol:  :D

Huh... not often I find someone selling those things in such quantity.

And have another quote from me~

1. What's the ratio difference between those who play the market and those who actually play the game? If the ratio is lower on the market, good, however if the ratio is higher on the market, then we got a problem thus this discussion. You're making me sound like I hate merchants, wrong. They help, yes to an extent, but when there's too many merchants than players, low interaction and inflation of prices, then we have an issue that has been developing for who knows how long that must be addressed and so far looks like it's from Driller Boy by excessive AFK Drilling.

3. What are you going on about...? Bloody Rune of Fate is a very hard-to-find item that isn't in the market very often or in large quantities, usually in quantities less than 5 on average per player shop at price ranges in the few mils (no higher than 5mil usually). Only people who want to buy that stone is if they're on the story quest or will soon be on that character to save time for themselves, which makes it a bit difficult to sell. That's one of the few things that actually helps players if they can afford it and to continue on with the story.

Why do you guys so serious about it?This is just a game and all you do is enjoy it.
Why are many chinese and korean game with "auto" button and auto-everything so popular but original game like trickster or ragnarok die?Because people  have less and less time.Most of player must drop the keyboard to earn money now,then they use money to fill up the time lacking.
Everything have 2 sides : you can use knife to cut food or you can use it to kill people.Thats your choice.Event popuri, driller boy or afk drilling style follow that rule.

Think you asked this before and it's clear you don't understand the issue at hand... and I believe I already answered this as well, as well did Flannel.

If the people behind rTO want to host more drilling events in the future, what I could think of is that there should be an increase on the level restriction of participants in said events. (Like level 120 or so.) And close all mines for newbie players to avoid the instant leveling by drilling. (This has, frankly, also defeated the purpose of actually playing the game, because people don't level by questing anymore, they level just by afking) And yeah, the afk drillers in Tap Mine, I must say, have gone out of control and has ruined the economy of the game. But I'm all up to whatever the staff team could think of for the betterment of this server. :)

P.S. Hunting event sounds fun! :P

Except the Desert Beach Mine for the episode 0 quests, I have to point that out.

I don't know if there's a level minimum to enter mines, like the entrance to the 2nd mine in Desert Beach is level 25+, but it would be nice if there was... Actually now that I think about it, is it possible to place some sort of time limit on how long one can be in a mine? Like... 30 minutes or an hour before they're kicked out (with like a 5 minute warning notice) and charge a fee to enter? The fee would vary from location to location (Free once in Desert Beach for the Episode Quest with some sort of coupon that can't be transferred from the character and can only be used once). The moment they leave the mine they can't enter for, maybe, 30 minutes maximum like a cool down?

Then again AFK Drillers with multiple accounts can work around that... one goes in, drills, comes out, bring another in, repeat till full on all, but at the very least it would slow it down, right?

Edited by bluesly, 14 March 2017 - 07:04 PM.

• Morter likes this

Book Hunter

Raia

Raia

Desert Beach Explorer

• Special Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • IGN:Araiana

Except the Desert Beach Mine for the episode 0 quests, I have to point that out.

I don't know if there's a level minimum to enter mines, like the entrance to the 2nd mine in Desert Beach is level 25+, but it would be nice if there was... Actually now that I think about it, is it possible to place some sort of time limit on how long one can be in a mine? Like... 30 minutes or an hour before they're kicked out (with like a 5 minute warning notice) and charge a fee to enter? The fee would vary from location to location (Free once in Desert Beach for the Episode Quest with some sort of coupon that can't be transferred from the character and can only be used once). The moment they leave the mine they can't enter for, maybe, 30 minutes maximum like a cool down?

Then again AFK Drillers with multiple accounts can work around that... one goes in, drills, comes out, bring another in, repeat till full on all, but at the very least it would slow it down, right?

Or the easiest thing they can do is decrease the exp rate a character can get from drilling in mines or tap fields to the point that it'll take forever (excuse the exaggeration) for them to level up by drilling.
  • bluesly likes this

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: event, abuse, drilling, afk